Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning updates??? 18:38 - Sep 17 with 40858 viewsbosh67

Seems to have gone very quiet this week. Wondering if he'll be included in the squad tomorrow? Shame really, he's a great character and really good in this squad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning updates??? on 19:30 - Sep 18 with 3774 viewsGloucs_R

Manning updates??? on 17:30 - Sep 18 by Northernr

Blackburn contract I spoke to expects him to be playing left back. We’ll see though, play him further forward I think they’ve got an absolute steal.

How much?

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Manning updates??? on 19:33 - Sep 18 with 3737 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Manning updates??? on 19:16 - Sep 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Opinions eh.

I though he was great in Midfield, and won us the game at Reading Away a couple of years ago.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 19:32]

He never really had a run of games in the middle for us. Kept out by Scowongoman at first.

I must admit I liked the idea of him playing in the middle but in reality he mostly disappointed there for me.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Manning updates??? on 20:05 - Sep 18 with 3679 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

He was signed under Redknapp wasn’t he? Am I right in thinking he’s our longest serving player?
Manning updates??? on 20:21 - Sep 18 with 3632 viewsNoelmc

Dickie’s diags looking more accurate than Barbet’s.

Oop. Should have been in the match thread.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 20:22]
Manning updates??? on 22:19 - Sep 18 with 3478 views2Thomas2Bowles

After tonight it's clear we are better with him.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Manning updates??? on 23:36 - Sep 18 with 3397 viewsMyke

Manning updates??? on 19:16 - Sep 18 by Noelmc

Doubt if it’s much quicker than direct flights from Heathrow, almost right next to our training ground.

Heathrow to Shannon. Luton to Knock Either way he would be on his own doorstep at this end.Not sure about direct flights from Blackburn. But if he is on higher wages and obviously far cheaper accommodation he's quids in at both end. If they are paying only 250 K for him then they can afford decent wages. Is Cunningham still there? They used to be mates.
Manning updates??? on 23:52 - Sep 18 with 3359 viewsaston_hoop

Manning updates??? on 20:05 - Sep 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

He was signed under Redknapp wasn’t he? Am I right in thinking he’s our longest serving player?

can we include Kakay as he's been with us since the age of 7? ok fair enough....

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Manning updates??? on 00:01 - Sep 19 with 3347 viewsMyke

Manning updates??? on 18:05 - Sep 18 by Antti_Heinola

I'm not sure why a club would pay good money for a player who couldn't hold down a regular midfield position in this league, but could at LB, where he has amazing stats in terms of assists, and buy him promising he can play midfield.

I think you (and Clive) are right, I'd love to see him as part of the three behind a striker, I think he'd be good there, but I also think anyone buying him now will be signing him primarily as a left back.

I can't agree with Myke. I'm not sure why the club would orchestrate some big thing with pictures of Bright smiling and Manning on a golf course (I have not seen that pic - did the official club photographer take it?). The fans are divided on Manning. It's not like they're going to be storming the KPF if he's sold. Most people have accepted he'd likely be sold for about the last 8 months. It doesn't make any sense.

We have no idea what has gone on in negotiations - the only thing we know for sure is that both players have a year left on their contracts. That's it. So did Dom Ball until last week, but no one mentioned him. Did he get preferential treatment over Manning too? BOS was left out when he was about to sign elsewhere. To suggest the two have been treated differently *could* be true - to state it as fact is nonsense, conjecture, hearsay, with zero basis in actual facts.

Manning has been messed around by managers. Conversely, he was rewarded with a new contract by Ollie very soon after making the first team. McClaren treated him abysmally. McClaren went. eustace put him in the team. Warburton, despite signing a left back who he had worked with before, kept him there on merit and was first choice for the whole of last season, his most successful season as a pro by far. Let's not get too caught up with how badly he has been treated. All players play under managers who don't rate them at some point in their careers - that's football.

I like Manning, I'd prefer him to stay, if he goes, he goes and best of luck to him. But we none of us know exactly what's happening, it's unfair to suggest there are double standards when we simply don't know what's happening, and I think maybe let's just wait and see what happens before jumping down people's throats.

Some of your comments a wee bit naive or convenient Antti. Obviously the club is not going to publicly hang Manning out to dry with 'official' snaps of Manning playing golf. They just bung a few quid to a freelancer to do it for them. And a happy BOS is seen at the same time
You say the fans are divided at his sale, they are NOW. How many were divided last October, when he was winning rave reviews, or when he tonked one in against Milwall or WBA or after two minutes against Plymouth?
Ball is not a fair comparison as he is in and out of the side (hasn't started either game this season) so no one would pass much comment if he is in or out. He only just came in on a one year 'trial,' so was bound to sign a longer deal when offered, and no doubting he deserves one.
BOS was left out for ONE game (Milwall) and was straight back in v WBA even though the Bruges deal was still not fully dead at that stage,so again that argument doesn't stack up.
I agree that we do not know where the two players are in terms of contract negotiations. But it is clear, that BOS is valued higher than Manning by the club in monetary terms and this is being reflected in the very different ways they are being treated. If Manning was refusing to play, refusing to train, then fair enough, move him along. But there is nothing to indicate he has.done anything of the sort.
Finally (and this is a genera comment Antti, not aimed at you) to everyone who was so quick to dismiss Manning's achievements of last season and deem him surplus to requirements after Wallace had one good game last week - that didn't work out too well tonight did it? Would Manning have defended the first goal any better ? Probably not, but he would have offered a damn sight more going forward.
Login to get fewer ads

Manning updates??? on 10:17 - Sep 19 with 3095 viewshorshamHoop

Sounds like the Blackburn deal is done
Manning updates??? on 10:21 - Sep 19 with 3049 viewspaulparker

Manning updates??? on 19:16 - Sep 18 by BazzaInTheLoft

Opinions eh.

I though he was great in Midfield, and won us the game at Reading Away a couple of years ago.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2020 19:32]

Agreed as well as Wolves away &Fulham at home in a 1-1

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Manning updates??? on 10:32 - Sep 19 with 3015 viewsBAWHoops

Manning was superb going forward, you can't deny that. Defensively he was suspect.
All in he probably created more goals than he cost us and will do the same at Blackburn.
Will be pleased if we are able to get close to £1m for him

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Manning updates??? on 10:33 - Sep 19 with 3009 viewsgazza1

The jury is still out with Manning....he is not as good as many suggest. Defensively he is very average indeed, going forward he is much better but I think a full back should firstly show good defensive skills.

All this talk about Manning playing midfield is 'pie in the sky'......it is an entirely different game in a busy, fast, aggressive midfield where you get very little time. Marking is much tighter too, much tighter than being a full back where you get much more time and space. Not saying he couldn't be decent there but it will not be easy for him.

Whilst Manning has a right to decide his future I think he is being quite disrespectful if he hasn't told the Manager what he wants for his future. I would suggest that something is very wrong with Manning and the Club's relationship.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2020 10:35]
Manning updates??? on 11:07 - Sep 19 with 2959 viewsterryb

Has any Premier League club made an offer for Manning? Or BOS for that matter?

Could it be that as Rangers fans, we regard then as being more valuable (financially & game winning) than other clubs do?
Manning updates??? on 11:41 - Sep 19 with 2910 viewsAntti_Heinola

Manning updates??? on 00:01 - Sep 19 by Myke

Some of your comments a wee bit naive or convenient Antti. Obviously the club is not going to publicly hang Manning out to dry with 'official' snaps of Manning playing golf. They just bung a few quid to a freelancer to do it for them. And a happy BOS is seen at the same time
You say the fans are divided at his sale, they are NOW. How many were divided last October, when he was winning rave reviews, or when he tonked one in against Milwall or WBA or after two minutes against Plymouth?
Ball is not a fair comparison as he is in and out of the side (hasn't started either game this season) so no one would pass much comment if he is in or out. He only just came in on a one year 'trial,' so was bound to sign a longer deal when offered, and no doubting he deserves one.
BOS was left out for ONE game (Milwall) and was straight back in v WBA even though the Bruges deal was still not fully dead at that stage,so again that argument doesn't stack up.
I agree that we do not know where the two players are in terms of contract negotiations. But it is clear, that BOS is valued higher than Manning by the club in monetary terms and this is being reflected in the very different ways they are being treated. If Manning was refusing to play, refusing to train, then fair enough, move him along. But there is nothing to indicate he has.done anything of the sort.
Finally (and this is a genera comment Antti, not aimed at you) to everyone who was so quick to dismiss Manning's achievements of last season and deem him surplus to requirements after Wallace had one good game last week - that didn't work out too well tonight did it? Would Manning have defended the first goal any better ? Probably not, but he would have offered a damn sight more going forward.

You're right mate. I'm naive and it's all a deep state conspiracy to fool us naive fans.
Was the freelance photographer wearing sunglasses with a secret camera poking through a newspaper? Jesus christ.

Bare bones.

Manning updates??? on 08:04 - Sep 20 with 2526 viewsEalingHoop81

Tony Mowbray was pretty clear in his interview yesterday that Manning wasn’t going to Blackburn.

Is there anything you can tell us on Ryan Manning?

"No. That's a name you've just thrown at me. It's not true. I think Ryan Manning is a very good footballer, I imagine QPR are not going to let him walk away.

"We haven't got any money to buy anybody. How much is Ryan Manning going to cross? If you're going to buy a player, you have to buy the player and then you have to give him a salary.

"So I would say there is enough money to buy one player who can help us to get to where we want to be or we could loan two or three players and use that money as salary, which just becomes dead money at your club at the end of the year.

"I know exactly to the penny how much we've got but it's probably a couple of loans or a signing, I would suggest, and I'm not sure I'd want to spend it all on Ryan Manning when we've got Amari'i Bell doing ok, so there's other areas I feel we need to strengthen....”

Obviously some managers play the game and sometimes
It’s a case of smoke and mirrors but this seems very clear. If he does go there it’s hardly a wrk welcome and ringing endorsement.....!
Manning updates??? on 08:30 - Sep 20 with 2457 viewscolinallcars

Manning updates??? on 17:13 - Sep 18 by Hayesender

The pie and peas outside oakwell are the absolute mutts nuts. I mean I ended up wearing most of the pea juice on my trainers, but well worth it

They do an exquisite green olive tapenade outside Fulham's ground.
Manning updates??? on 08:46 - Sep 20 with 2409 viewsNorthernr

Manning updates??? on 08:04 - Sep 20 by EalingHoop81

Tony Mowbray was pretty clear in his interview yesterday that Manning wasn’t going to Blackburn.

Is there anything you can tell us on Ryan Manning?

"No. That's a name you've just thrown at me. It's not true. I think Ryan Manning is a very good footballer, I imagine QPR are not going to let him walk away.

"We haven't got any money to buy anybody. How much is Ryan Manning going to cross? If you're going to buy a player, you have to buy the player and then you have to give him a salary.

"So I would say there is enough money to buy one player who can help us to get to where we want to be or we could loan two or three players and use that money as salary, which just becomes dead money at your club at the end of the year.

"I know exactly to the penny how much we've got but it's probably a couple of loans or a signing, I would suggest, and I'm not sure I'd want to spend it all on Ryan Manning when we've got Amari'i Bell doing ok, so there's other areas I feel we need to strengthen....”

Obviously some managers play the game and sometimes
It’s a case of smoke and mirrors but this seems very clear. If he does go there it’s hardly a wrk welcome and ringing endorsement.....!

Dave Mc also says not a thing. Feel for my Blackburn equivalent, he was collecting video interviews and opinions on him on Friday.
Manning updates??? on 08:59 - Sep 20 with 2355 viewsEalingHoop81

Manning updates??? on 08:46 - Sep 20 by Northernr

Dave Mc also says not a thing. Feel for my Blackburn equivalent, he was collecting video interviews and opinions on him on Friday.

Must be incredibly infuriating spending all that time (as with the pieces you have prepared in excellent detail that them get deleted) hopefully he had not written his piece yet. Provides us with a different issue now though as going back a few pages on this thread, the Manager has made a stance that it’s difficult to row back from now
Manning updates??? on 09:52 - Sep 20 with 2259 viewsdavman

Manning updates??? on 08:59 - Sep 20 by EalingHoop81

Must be incredibly infuriating spending all that time (as with the pieces you have prepared in excellent detail that them get deleted) hopefully he had not written his piece yet. Provides us with a different issue now though as going back a few pages on this thread, the Manager has made a stance that it’s difficult to row back from now

Maybe there should a trade of Player welcome pieces around d the website editors. Clive could have sold his pieces on players we missed out on to others and Mr. Blackburn (not Tony, Pop Pickers) can sell his to wherever Ryan ends up at.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Manning updates??? on 11:11 - Sep 20 with 2165 viewsDejR_vu

Manning updates??? on 08:59 - Sep 20 by EalingHoop81

Maybe QPR isn’t such a bad place for him. We’ve taken him from Ireland and given him a chance. I don’t think he’s been treated anywhere as badly as others seem to feel. He went out on loan but, so what? It’s part and parcel of being a footballer, particularly a young one trying to establish himself. He was still getting paid and getting experience. It didn’t do Eze or Chair any harm.

He’s had one ‘good’ season, good in terms of going forward, not always so great defensively, which is not great for a defender. Regardless he’s been persevered with.

He’s at a club working within tight financial restrictions with other priorities as far as the playing staff is concerned, so he probably won’t find a club with less competition for his place.

I can’t imagine he’ll be able to command a huge salary.

I’m not quite sure what he thinks he’s going to get any where else that’s going to be better, particularly considering the apparent lack of interest in him. I think he, and his agent, may have shot themselves in the foot.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Manning updates??? on 11:37 - Sep 20 with 2113 viewsdavman

Manning updates??? on 11:11 - Sep 20 by DejR_vu

Maybe QPR isn’t such a bad place for him. We’ve taken him from Ireland and given him a chance. I don’t think he’s been treated anywhere as badly as others seem to feel. He went out on loan but, so what? It’s part and parcel of being a footballer, particularly a young one trying to establish himself. He was still getting paid and getting experience. It didn’t do Eze or Chair any harm.

He’s had one ‘good’ season, good in terms of going forward, not always so great defensively, which is not great for a defender. Regardless he’s been persevered with.

He’s at a club working within tight financial restrictions with other priorities as far as the playing staff is concerned, so he probably won’t find a club with less competition for his place.

I can’t imagine he’ll be able to command a huge salary.

I’m not quite sure what he thinks he’s going to get any where else that’s going to be better, particularly considering the apparent lack of interest in him. I think he, and his agent, may have shot themselves in the foot.

Agree.

The other quite sad thing about this is that I can't recall any behaviour from Ryan than dedication and wanting to get on with things.

He has a contract and whatever bluster the club want to throw out, he is perfectly entitled to run that contract down. Not ideal, but you can thank Bosman for that one. Players are employees and not commodities, so are doing nothing wrong.

If no-one wants to pay a fee up front, not a lot a player can do and if waiting a year means that a portion of any transfer fee goes to the player, then, in their shoes, I know what I'd do...

Warburton can bluster all he wants, but as with any senior management role, you make threats like he has, then you have to follow through on them.

Going to be interesting how Lumley's situation pans out. #1 at the mo (rightly in my eyes as he is the best we have) but out of contract at the end of the season. Can you imagine the backlash on social Media if they give him an extension right now?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Manning updates??? on 14:09 - Sep 20 with 1944 viewsNorthantsHoop

I like Manning, he is a good utility player, but after 3 plus years does anybody know what is his best position. Tends to be annonymous when played in midfield, especially centrally. Left wing back, or left back probably best options for him and that is his problem in attracting interest from bigger clubs. They want to invest in a finished product and fill a position, they have enough options from their squads probably in Manning type players. If it is all about money for him then he is more likely to get another Championship club who have a higher salary level than QPR.
Manning updates??? on 15:00 - Sep 20 with 1869 viewskarl

Manning updates??? on 14:09 - Sep 20 by NorthantsHoop

I like Manning, he is a good utility player, but after 3 plus years does anybody know what is his best position. Tends to be annonymous when played in midfield, especially centrally. Left wing back, or left back probably best options for him and that is his problem in attracting interest from bigger clubs. They want to invest in a finished product and fill a position, they have enough options from their squads probably in Manning type players. If it is all about money for him then he is more likely to get another Championship club who have a higher salary level than QPR.

I think for Manning to optimise his earnings he has to be a free agent, Mowbrays comments will be the same as most clubs he will attract.
They'll have a limited budget and won't pay the kind of fee we'd want and give Ryan a vastly increased salary, as a free agent he could probably get the higher salary.
It is a stick or twist situation for both club and player.
Fwiw I'd play him as needed but if Niko signs up then he'd get games for me, I liked him at Kilmarnock and should be developed and Ryan misses out.
If Niko doesn't sign an extension then it's a bit of a quandary as Wallace won't be fit for the game schedule never mind if he's good enough or not.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 15:01]
Manning updates??? on 15:38 - Sep 20 with 1795 viewsOldPedro

Manning updates??? on 15:00 - Sep 20 by karl

I think for Manning to optimise his earnings he has to be a free agent, Mowbrays comments will be the same as most clubs he will attract.
They'll have a limited budget and won't pay the kind of fee we'd want and give Ryan a vastly increased salary, as a free agent he could probably get the higher salary.
It is a stick or twist situation for both club and player.
Fwiw I'd play him as needed but if Niko signs up then he'd get games for me, I liked him at Kilmarnock and should be developed and Ryan misses out.
If Niko doesn't sign an extension then it's a bit of a quandary as Wallace won't be fit for the game schedule never mind if he's good enough or not.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2020 15:01]

When does Wallace's contract expire? According to transfermarket.co.uk, it runs out June 2021, so he only has 1 year left as well.

Interestingly, transfermarket says he is 1.85 metres tall, while Soccerbase says he is 5ft 9in (1.75m). QPR.co.uk says he is 6ft 1 and 180 cms tall (even though 6ft 1 is about 185cm)

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Manning updates??? on 16:24 - Sep 20 with 1725 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Manning updates??? on 15:38 - Sep 20 by OldPedro

When does Wallace's contract expire? According to transfermarket.co.uk, it runs out June 2021, so he only has 1 year left as well.

Interestingly, transfermarket says he is 1.85 metres tall, while Soccerbase says he is 5ft 9in (1.75m). QPR.co.uk says he is 6ft 1 and 180 cms tall (even though 6ft 1 is about 185cm)

https://fb.watch/DbqfdgZIF
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024