Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Manning updates??? 18:38 - Sep 17 with 40840 viewsbosh67

Seems to have gone very quiet this week. Wondering if he'll be included in the squad tomorrow? Shame really, he's a great character and really good in this squad.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Manning updates??? on 17:12 - Sep 20 with 5866 viewsMyke

Manning updates??? on 11:41 - Sep 19 by Antti_Heinola

You're right mate. I'm naive and it's all a deep state conspiracy to fool us naive fans.
Was the freelance photographer wearing sunglasses with a secret camera poking through a newspaper? Jesus christ.

That's a very disappointing response Antii. You have written articles for this site, some I have agreed with others I haven't, but regardless, they have all been well constructed opinion piece. Now the best you can manage is sarcastic dismissal of ONE of the points I made?
The point of this thread or any of them is to offer opinions and for others to agree or offer alternative views. My opinion is that Manning is being forced out. Not openly, but covertly and subtly by the club. Do I have any concrete evidence of this? Not a shred. But based on circumstantial evidence, conversations that can be interpreted one way or another, I feel he is not getting a fair deal compared to BOS, who , at least from the outside, looking in, seems to be in a very similar position.
If you disagree, debate it with me, but lets have adult , respectful discourse, rather than dismissive disrespectful sarcasm
If you feel calling one of your comments naïve disrespectful, then I apologise. That wasn't my intention. I felt that to think the club would use an official photographer, to snap Manning relaxing and then to use it directly to indicate he was slacking from training was extremely unlikely, is all I meant.
Like I said at the top, I feel he is being forced out covertly. I think he is being made an example of as to what the club will do with a player who won't sign a new contract.. But my core question remains the same - why is he been treated differently than BOS?
Manning updates??? on 17:18 - Sep 20 with 5836 viewsRangersw12

Manning updates??? on 17:12 - Sep 20 by Myke

That's a very disappointing response Antii. You have written articles for this site, some I have agreed with others I haven't, but regardless, they have all been well constructed opinion piece. Now the best you can manage is sarcastic dismissal of ONE of the points I made?
The point of this thread or any of them is to offer opinions and for others to agree or offer alternative views. My opinion is that Manning is being forced out. Not openly, but covertly and subtly by the club. Do I have any concrete evidence of this? Not a shred. But based on circumstantial evidence, conversations that can be interpreted one way or another, I feel he is not getting a fair deal compared to BOS, who , at least from the outside, looking in, seems to be in a very similar position.
If you disagree, debate it with me, but lets have adult , respectful discourse, rather than dismissive disrespectful sarcasm
If you feel calling one of your comments naïve disrespectful, then I apologise. That wasn't my intention. I felt that to think the club would use an official photographer, to snap Manning relaxing and then to use it directly to indicate he was slacking from training was extremely unlikely, is all I meant.
Like I said at the top, I feel he is being forced out covertly. I think he is being made an example of as to what the club will do with a player who won't sign a new contract.. But my core question remains the same - why is he been treated differently than BOS?

I don't think he's being forced out I reckon it's more likely that Warburton thinks that we can get away with Wallace at Left back but we don't really have a suitable replacement for BOS in the squad
Manning updates??? on 18:25 - Sep 20 with 5715 viewsMyke

Manning updates??? on 17:18 - Sep 20 by Rangersw12

I don't think he's being forced out I reckon it's more likely that Warburton thinks that we can get away with Wallace at Left back but we don't really have a suitable replacement for BOS in the squad

Obviously Warburton knows the squad a hell of a lot better than I do, but I would have thought we were better stocked with wingers; Smyth, Shodipo, Thomas , than left backs. Based on Friday's performance reinforcements in that department whether Manning stays or goes, are badly needed
Manning updates??? on 17:23 - Sep 21 with 5237 viewsqprd

Manning updates??? on 18:25 - Sep 20 by Myke

Obviously Warburton knows the squad a hell of a lot better than I do, but I would have thought we were better stocked with wingers; Smyth, Shodipo, Thomas , than left backs. Based on Friday's performance reinforcements in that department whether Manning stays or goes, are badly needed

I actually think our fullbacks are incredibly important for our creativity... we’ve clearly lost a lot of creativity with Eze gone and brights dip in form

There have been a lot of opportunities down the left which haven’t materialised bc either Wallace is too immobile to get up and down the pitch or not good enough on the ball to play a decent ball in.... edit: also, Tom Carroll was playing passes down that channel for fun against forest and I can see him and manning linking up brilliantly down that side

Manning will be able to provide a lot of service into dykes which he’s lacking

I agree we need depth at forward but I think manning playing is more important for us creatively than adding a substitute winger or forward
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 17:24]
Manning updates??? on 18:16 - Sep 21 with 5020 viewsParkRoyalR

Manning updates??? on 17:23 - Sep 21 by qprd

I actually think our fullbacks are incredibly important for our creativity... we’ve clearly lost a lot of creativity with Eze gone and brights dip in form

There have been a lot of opportunities down the left which haven’t materialised bc either Wallace is too immobile to get up and down the pitch or not good enough on the ball to play a decent ball in.... edit: also, Tom Carroll was playing passes down that channel for fun against forest and I can see him and manning linking up brilliantly down that side

Manning will be able to provide a lot of service into dykes which he’s lacking

I agree we need depth at forward but I think manning playing is more important for us creatively than adding a substitute winger or forward
[Post edited 21 Sep 2020 17:24]

Totally agree, just so us to bring in Dykes and lose our best crosser of the ball in Manning.

We have had so-called seasoned left backs who also mastered the art of ball-watching (Wallace and before him Bidwell) without similar outcry.

We need to accept Manning is learning the role and play with 3 Centre Backs on the basis Barbet is left footed, experienced and mobile enough to compensate for Manning's defensive shortcomings.

We need to keep Manning as I believe he is more important to our overall team play than BO'S who may attract a similar or higher bid.
Manning updates??? on 18:37 - Sep 21 with 4950 viewsDavieQPR

It could be that if no acceptable offers come in for BOS then he will sign a new contract but Manning has refused. Hence Warburton's comments about different stages of contract discussions.
Manning updates??? on 20:53 - Sep 21 with 4703 viewsMyke

Manning updates??? on 18:37 - Sep 21 by DavieQPR

It could be that if no acceptable offers come in for BOS then he will sign a new contract but Manning has refused. Hence Warburton's comments about different stages of contract discussions.

That's possible alright . But it's a kind of dangerous game to play, with the transfer window running so late and the next one only a couple of months later. So, for example, when the window 'slams shut' in October, if his agent keeps stalling until Jan, at which point BOS is in a position to sign a pre-contract with someone else
Manning updates??? on 09:33 - Sep 22 with 4069 viewsfrancisbowles

Manning updates??? on 20:53 - Sep 21 by Myke

That's possible alright . But it's a kind of dangerous game to play, with the transfer window running so late and the next one only a couple of months later. So, for example, when the window 'slams shut' in October, if his agent keeps stalling until Jan, at which point BOS is in a position to sign a pre-contract with someone else

But is there an alternative?
Login to get fewer ads

Manning updates??? on 09:38 - Sep 22 with 4047 viewsterryb

Manning updates??? on 20:53 - Sep 21 by Myke

That is certainly correct, but let's not forget that no English club has made an offer for either Manning or BOS.

I would have thought there was a market for both of them, but it is yet to materialise.
Manning updates??? on 13:38 - Sep 22 with 3790 viewsNov77

He’s playing for the u23s at the moment

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Manning updates??? on 14:08 - Sep 22 with 3696 viewsEsox_Lucius

Manning updates??? on 13:38 - Sep 22 by Nov77

Just scored a corker by all accounts too. He and Smyth are having good games and Oteh has two goals.
Marcin Brzozowski is having a good game too.

The grass is always greener.

Manning updates??? on 14:58 - Sep 22 with 3600 viewsfrancisbowles

Manning updates??? on 14:08 - Sep 22 by Esox_Lucius

Just scored a corker by all accounts too. He and Smyth are having good games and Oteh has two goals.
Marcin Brzozowski is having a good game too.

Playing in midfield it seems. Central or wide, I wonder? Hamalainen presumably left back.
Manning updates??? on 15:03 - Sep 22 with 3575 viewsEsox_Lucius

QPR win 5-0 Mide Shodipo scores from the penalty spot after Ody Alfa gets fouled in the area. Our 4th was an OG following a cross. They should definitely look at getting the Academy games streamed again. They were always a good watch and gave you some insight in to who was looking like they would make it etc.

The grass is always greener.

Manning updates??? on 17:10 - Sep 22 with 3432 viewsderbyhoop

Much as I'd like to agree, I'm sure there would be a cost.

With no fans and no likelihood of any in the short term, I would think Rangers aren't the only ones trying to keep down any avoidable costs.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Manning updates??? on 17:46 - Sep 22 with 3329 viewslosethedrum

Manning updates??? on 13:38 - Sep 22 by Nov77

Great so he can play saturday now hopefully .
That makes it 4 games running that Ryan has scored but Dykes is in serious need of a cross into the box or a pass or anything that even resembles a bit of decent service of which Ryan Manning provides in abundance .
Manning updates??? on 21:41 - Sep 22 with 3121 viewsMyke

Hell of a strong U23 team. I wonder would those couple of goals help Oteh kick on? It has to be a confidence thing. Not saying he is our back up solution this season and probably needs to go out on loan again this year, but still think there is a decent player in there at this level.
Manning updates??? on 10:22 - Sep 30 with 2730 viewsTheChef

Just had a message from a Watford mate saying they're interested?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Manning updates??? on 11:03 - Sep 30 with 2566 viewsBoston

Manning updates??? on 10:22 - Sep 30 by TheChef

Just had a message from a Watford mate saying they're interested?

Last year certainly. Plenty of talk saying them and West Ham had an interest.
[Post edited 30 Sep 2020 11:06]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Manning updates??? on 11:41 - Sep 30 with 2429 viewsgobbles

I don't think anyone is interested in today's market, Can't see Watford or anyone outside the Premier League spending money now. I wonder how low would they sell Manning right now? If someone offered £100,000, would it be accepted?
Manning updates??? on 12:09 - Sep 30 with 2312 viewsTheChef

Manning updates??? on 11:41 - Sep 30 by gobbles

I don't think anyone is interested in today's market, Can't see Watford or anyone outside the Premier League spending money now. I wonder how low would they sell Manning right now? If someone offered £100,000, would it be accepted?

I don't know, Watford are probably one of the few Championship clubs that would have available funds.

As to what would be a reasonable offer, who knows?

On the other hand, if no offers are forthcoming then Manning and his agent may have to suck it up and sign that contract. Assuming that Warburton still wants him.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Manning updates??? on 12:09 - Sep 30 with 2309 viewsLowerloftLad

if west ham and Watford are both interested surely we could still get between 500/750k with a small sell on fee

which would still make a profit

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Manning updates??? on 13:15 - Sep 30 with 2116 viewsgobbles

Manning updates??? on 12:09 - Sep 30 by TheChef

I don't know, Watford are probably one of the few Championship clubs that would have available funds.

As to what would be a reasonable offer, who knows?

On the other hand, if no offers are forthcoming then Manning and his agent may have to suck it up and sign that contract. Assuming that Warburton still wants him.

There is a six-week gap between the end of the transfer window and being able to sign pre-contract agreements elsewhere. Sounds like he is happy to sit it out
Manning updates??? on 16:23 - Sep 30 with 1944 viewsphilc

Manning updates??? on 13:15 - Sep 30 by gobbles

There is a six-week gap between the end of the transfer window and being able to sign pre-contract agreements elsewhere. Sounds like he is happy to sit it out

If this is the case, and i don’t know if it is, then the Clubs approach is understandable and I 100% agree with it. To my knowledge there hasn’t been any offers for him so the club aren’t preventing him from leaving.

Having said that, not having Manning in the team has weakened us as a creative force.
Manning updates??? on 17:45 - Sep 30 with 1792 viewsPinnerPaul

Manning updates??? on 16:23 - Sep 30 by philc

If this is the case, and i don’t know if it is, then the Clubs approach is understandable and I 100% agree with it. To my knowledge there hasn’t been any offers for him so the club aren’t preventing him from leaving.

Having said that, not having Manning in the team has weakened us as a creative force.

Only 3 teams have scored more than us
Manning updates??? on 08:32 - Oct 2 with 1424 viewsenfieldargh

West Ham just spunked £5.4 on Vladimir Coufal, A right back from Slavia Prague so West Hams door may have sut

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024