Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
var 20:48 - Sep 19 with 4939 viewsdigswellhoop

watched palace v man u what the f---- is var here for woefull decizions
var on 14:54 - Sep 24 with 1708 viewsPinnerPaul

var on 15:37 - Sep 20 by PinnerPaul

No that's not right Dave - it doesn't have to be deliberate in the old sense, but there is still a distinction between attacker's handball and defenders - bonkers as that is.

Man Utd pen never a pen for me, but what made it worse was the one not given in the Arsenal match.

BTW - Ignore gibberish about new law on MOTD, the arm is defined as level with the armpit, not the sleeve length as the learned trio of Lineker, Jenas and Murphy thought it was.

Penalty retake - yes agree it was a joke ESPECIALLY as law HAS been changed to say that if pen misses goal or hits post then doesn't matter if GK moves, should be same for a save, if GK movement has no impact on kicker then its fine.

Final word on PL refs - the Bilic red card correct as it is now an offence to confront referee after FT or at HT - again ignore more gibberish on MOTD about as there was no swearing, then its not a red.

As a footnote Bilic fined £8,000.
var on 14:57 - Sep 24 with 1705 viewsPinnerPaul

var on 14:53 - Sep 24 by PinnerPaul

Here you go! Its become ridiculously complicated - great long threads on RefChat where, even as referees we can't agree/become confused. I suppose the pertinent point is the part where 'accidental handball' is mentioned, but only specifically relating to a goal or goalscoring opportunity

Handling the ball
For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of
the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit.
It is an offence if a player:
- deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the
hand/arm towards the ball
- scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if
accidental, including by the goalkeeper
- after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if
accidental, immediately:
- scores in the opponents’ goal
- creates a goal-scoring opportunity
- touches the ball with their hand/arm when:
- the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger
- the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player
deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm)
The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm
directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is
close.
Except for the above offences, it is not an offence if the ball touches a
player’s hand/arm:

- directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
- directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close
- if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally
bigger
- when a player falls and the hand/arm is between the body and the ground to
support the body, but not extended laterally or vertically away from the body

PS - No mention of sleeve length you'll see!
var on 15:41 - Sep 24 with 1680 viewsMick_S

var on 14:53 - Sep 24 by PinnerPaul

Here you go! Its become ridiculously complicated - great long threads on RefChat where, even as referees we can't agree/become confused. I suppose the pertinent point is the part where 'accidental handball' is mentioned, but only specifically relating to a goal or goalscoring opportunity

Handling the ball
For the purposes of determining handball offences, the upper boundary of
the arm is in line with the bottom of the armpit.
It is an offence if a player:
- deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the
hand/arm towards the ball
- scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if
accidental, including by the goalkeeper
- after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if
accidental, immediately:
- scores in the opponents’ goal
- creates a goal-scoring opportunity
- touches the ball with their hand/arm when:
- the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger
- the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player
deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm)
The above offences apply even if the ball touches a player’s hand/arm
directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is
close.
Except for the above offences, it is not an offence if the ball touches a
player’s hand/arm:

- directly from the player’s own head or body (including the foot)
- directly from the head or body (including the foot) of another player who is close
- if the hand/arm is close to the body and does not make the body unnaturally
bigger
- when a player falls and the hand/arm is between the body and the ground to
support the body, but not extended laterally or vertically away from the body

The handball rule needs a coin to simplify it.

Easy!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

var on 16:25 - Sep 24 with 1664 viewsPinnerPaul

var on 15:41 - Sep 24 by Mick_S

The handball rule needs a coin to simplify it.

Easy!

I agree - its gone too far now.
var on 14:34 - Sep 26 with 1596 viewseastside_r

The most ManU-ish thing ever to happen!
var on 15:57 - Sep 27 with 1482 viewsNoelmc

The VAR penalties for handball against Palace & Spurs were a complete joke. Total shambles. So glad we are in the Championship with no VAR.
var on 15:59 - Sep 27 with 1471 viewsstowmarketrange

var on 15:57 - Sep 27 by Noelmc

The VAR penalties for handball against Palace & Spurs were a complete joke. Total shambles. So glad we are in the Championship with no VAR.

How can you give handball against a player like that?That really is a joke.The game is finished if they keep giving penalties for things like that.
var on 16:07 - Sep 27 with 1442 viewsaston_hoop

The rules of football have outdone themselves today

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Login to get fewer ads

var on 16:32 - Sep 27 with 1371 viewsted_hendrix

It has become virtual football, it is a nonsense and has nothing to do with the great game of football which in my opinion is dying a slow and painful death.

Of course we have bloody Covid to contend with but football being played in empty and in some cases huge stadiums, nah not for me ta.

VAR my arse.

Anyway I noticed from the BBC feed that chimp boy wasn't even in the squad today.

Apeshit.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

var on 16:43 - Sep 27 with 1347 viewsstowmarketrange

var on 16:32 - Sep 27 by ted_hendrix

It has become virtual football, it is a nonsense and has nothing to do with the great game of football which in my opinion is dying a slow and painful death.

Of course we have bloody Covid to contend with but football being played in empty and in some cases huge stadiums, nah not for me ta.

VAR my arse.

Anyway I noticed from the BBC feed that chimp boy wasn't even in the squad today.

Apeshit.

He is out injured until after the international break.Nice work if you can get it though.Sit in the stands getting paid mega bucks for doing nothing.
var on 08:32 - Sep 28 with 1200 viewsloftboy

Only way to stop this shite and it will never happen in a million years due to the money involved would be for any team given a penalty like Newcastle yesterday, where even Steve bruce said it was a farce would be for the penalty taker to gently pass the ball straight to the keeper?

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

var on 09:49 - Sep 28 with 1153 viewsPinnerPaul

var on 08:32 - Sep 28 by loftboy

Only way to stop this shite and it will never happen in a million years due to the money involved would be for any team given a penalty like Newcastle yesterday, where even Steve bruce said it was a farce would be for the penalty taker to gently pass the ball straight to the keeper?

That was a joke - but only partly due to VAR.

IFAB (50% made up of UK FAs don't forget!) have decided that the handball law should be interpreted the same across all football - in Italy/Spain they give handball far more often and we have been 'asked' to fall into line.
var on 13:37 - Sep 28 with 1078 viewsCLAREMAN1995

var on 08:32 - Sep 28 by loftboy

Fair play to SB he called it like it was stupid but also said they were happy to get the point from the converted penalty. Interestingly he also predicted that Newcastle would be on the receiving end of 1 or 2 insane decisions going forward so take the chance when given I guess.
I would love to know deep down how the Refs feel pointing to the spot i suspect that hate it knowing those players give it all every game and the VAR has nullified that effort .Of course the penalty has to be converted but they appear to be almost automatic nowadays with the new restrictions on moving etc
var on 14:21 - Sep 28 with 1046 viewsjohnhoop

The handball given against Eric Dier in the Spurs Newcastle game yesterday may have been correct according to the rules as they exist now but it makes an absolute mockery of the game of football.
var on 18:40 - Sep 28 with 1010 viewsrsonist

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1310580483185610753.html

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1308370922378846209.html

@DaleJohnsonESPN rule breakdowns.

[Post edited 28 Sep 2020 18:54]
var on 19:53 - Sep 28 with 953 viewsNoelmc

If I was a football manager, I’d be instructing my attacking players to try and flick the ball onto their opponents arms at every opportunity in the penalty area. With skilful players and slow motion VAR I think there’s an excellent chance of winning a good share of penalties unless defenders can keep their arms tight to their bodies. Certainly a good tactic if there’s little chance of a clear shot at goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024