Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
bang goes oct then 10:56 - Sep 22 with 16169 viewswombat

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/54246745

Poll: which is your favouite foot

bang goes oct then on 10:58 - Sep 22 with 5911 viewsloftboy

And bang goes half the teams in the EFL

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

bang goes oct then on 11:10 - Sep 22 with 5862 viewswombat

bang goes oct then on 10:58 - Sep 22 by loftboy

And bang goes half the teams in the EFL

yep , we might finish higher than 16th if they do is one bonus

Poll: which is your favouite foot

bang goes oct then on 11:15 - Sep 22 with 5836 viewsfrancisbowles

Are footballers immune from redundancy due to being on a fixed term contract?

I just don't see how clubs can go on paying them with little income and additional costs incurred due to covid protocols.
bang goes oct then on 11:19 - Sep 22 with 5816 viewsThe_Beast1976

bang goes oct then on 11:15 - Sep 22 by francisbowles

Are footballers immune from redundancy due to being on a fixed term contract?

I just don't see how clubs can go on paying them with little income and additional costs incurred due to covid protocols.

Depends on the precise terms of the contract, but as a general rule yes they are. So essentially they can insist on being paid until the club runs out of money and goes bust, or they can renegotiate their contract so that the club doesn't go bust and they still have an income at the renegotiated rate. Unfortunately I can see a number of clubs tipping over this season
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 12:00]
bang goes oct then on 11:44 - Sep 22 with 5663 viewscolinallcars

There was much talk on this forum at the start of lockdown about players accepting pay cuts or deferrals. Anyone know what happened ?
bang goes oct then on 11:47 - Sep 22 with 5645 viewsMaggsinho

bang goes oct then on 11:44 - Sep 22 by colinallcars

There was much talk on this forum at the start of lockdown about players accepting pay cuts or deferrals. Anyone know what happened ?

The players took a 25% deferral of wages.
bang goes oct then on 12:10 - Sep 22 with 5527 viewsCliff

I believe all players in Leagues 1 and 2 took an actual pay cut, most teams in the Championship and Prem. didn't. We are one of the ones that cut pay for all non playing staff but the players insisted on getting the full amount, albeit deferred.
bang goes oct then on 12:13 - Sep 22 with 5514 viewsstowmarketrange

Does anybody know if these rules also apply to non league games?My season ticket at Needham Market might be as much use as my Qpr one if it does.
I spoke to one of the officials at AFC Sudbury last month at my daughter’s friendly match against their women’s team,and he said that their players contracts state that they have to be paid after the first competitive match of the season,which was the FA cup qualifying round last month.
But they were hoping to have a few hundred fans allowed in by then.There will be some really serious problems with a lot of clubs going to the wall if fans aren’t allowed in.
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 12:13]
Login to get fewer ads

bang goes oct then on 12:20 - Sep 22 with 5482 viewsted_hendrix

There'll be nobody in LR this year at a minimum.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

bang goes oct then on 12:41 - Sep 22 with 5390 viewsCroydonCaptJack

bang goes oct then on 12:20 - Sep 22 by ted_hendrix

There'll be nobody in LR this year at a minimum.

you can't get much more minimum than nobody

Yes, sadly I think you are right.
bang goes oct then on 12:48 - Sep 22 with 5355 viewsstowmarketrange

bang goes oct then on 12:41 - Sep 22 by CroydonCaptJack

you can't get much more minimum than nobody

Yes, sadly I think you are right.

Bojo just said these restrictions will last for at least 6 months.See you all in April then.
bang goes oct then on 12:54 - Sep 22 with 5338 viewsStanisgod

Don't see now how they can take your money now. They should stop taking DD and just refund all that have paid up front and maybe do a half season one if possible.
Just pay as you go for the stream..

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

bang goes oct then on 12:58 - Sep 22 with 5315 viewsHayesender

Bloody hell, it's gonna be a miserable winter

Poll: Shamima Beghum

bang goes oct then on 13:01 - Sep 22 with 5292 viewsdaveB

QPR will do well to survive this, no crowds until next April is an absolute disaster
bang goes oct then on 13:02 - Sep 22 with 5288 viewsNorthernr

bang goes oct then on 13:01 - Sep 22 by daveB

QPR will do well to survive this, no crowds until next April is an absolute disaster

That Eze money is going to be the difference between us and a few others.
bang goes oct then on 13:04 - Sep 22 with 5278 viewsDannyPaddox

Never Mind The Ballots
bang goes oct then on 13:15 - Sep 22 with 5217 viewsBostonR

Cannot see this government coming to the rescue of the PL and FL. Football has been awash with money for years and a combination of poor governance, leadership and greed has taken the game to the abyss.

Expect a European PL to be talked up and it will be survival of the fittest thereafter with perhaps a British PL 1 & 2.

Interesting times.
bang goes oct then on 13:21 - Sep 22 with 5179 viewsLazyFan

bang goes oct then on 13:02 - Sep 22 by Northernr

That Eze money is going to be the difference between us and a few others.

Agreed, it will save us.

Also may mean BOS and Manning don't get sold and therefore become more inclined to sign new contracts as that maybe the best they can get in these times.

I have suspison that Manning is being banded about everywhere and the club would rather sell him than sign him back up.

zzzzzzzzzz

bang goes oct then on 13:38 - Sep 22 with 5100 viewsdaveB

I think if this is the end for crowds coming back then League 1, 2 and Conference should call it a day for the season now, they will do well to complete the season especially with the cost of testing with no income
bang goes oct then on 13:41 - Sep 22 with 5093 viewsThe_Beast1976

bang goes oct then on 13:38 - Sep 22 by daveB

I think if this is the end for crowds coming back then League 1, 2 and Conference should call it a day for the season now, they will do well to complete the season especially with the cost of testing with no income

Agree with this, and they may well reach an agreement to something like this effect in the coming weeks. There may even be some Championship clubs who want to knock the whole season on the head now?
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 13:42]
bang goes oct then on 13:55 - Sep 22 with 5030 viewsdaveB

bang goes oct then on 13:41 - Sep 22 by The_Beast1976

Agree with this, and they may well reach an agreement to something like this effect in the coming weeks. There may even be some Championship clubs who want to knock the whole season on the head now?
[Post edited 22 Sep 2020 13:42]

It would have a knock on effect, lets say League 1 and 2 void this season and you have no relegation, how many clubs in our league who are not likely to go up are going to want to pay for testing etc with no income. I think unless the leagues get real funding from somewhere this season might be a write off below the Premier League
bang goes oct then on 14:43 - Sep 22 with 4924 viewsqprxtc

What are the chances of this season being cancelled? If this does go on for another six months, I can’t see how it will continue outside the premier crap.
bang goes oct then on 14:49 - Sep 22 with 4874 viewsfrancisbowles

They will still have to pay the players and other fixed costs.

So does it come down to is TV money less costs of staging matches and travelling worth more or less than not playing matches?
bang goes oct then on 15:14 - Sep 22 with 4795 viewsBostonR

bang goes oct then on 14:49 - Sep 22 by francisbowles

They will still have to pay the players and other fixed costs.

So does it come down to is TV money less costs of staging matches and travelling worth more or less than not playing matches?

Just walk away from the TV contracts as a whole group. It's not enough to sustain the FL.
bang goes oct then on 15:25 - Sep 22 with 4746 views2Thomas2Bowles

You can feel the FL hovering with punitive punishments, instead of coming up with any rescue plan.

Stand on their necks, what what.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024