Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Season Ticket Update 12:15 - Sep 25 with 11484 viewsdaveB

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/season-ticket-sales-suspended-250920/

No new Season Ticket Sales
if you pay by Direct Debit they won't be taking your money

Whole thing being reviewed by the club and they are open to suggestions by emailing boxoffice@qpr.co.uk

The streams are being reviewed for ST Holders as well
Season Ticket Update on 11:05 - Oct 5 with 1112 viewsQPR_John

It should never have been as confusing as it is. A simple example would have made things clearer. This is how I see it regardless of how many games I actually watch

I paid £279 for my season ticket so I can watch 27 streamed games and pay £10 for the 28th. At the end of the season I will have a credit of £9.

My son paid £465 so can watch all 28 games and get a credit of £185 at the end of the season.

From reading the statement I've arrived at a number of explanations I think the above makes the most sense.

I am open to other scenarios
Season Ticket Update on 11:05 - Oct 5 with 1112 viewsAntti_Heinola

Season Ticket Update on 23:35 - Oct 4 by saxbend

Yes it does. If you click through to the FAQs it says two relevant things. One is that you can't change your mind if you choose not to request the refund by this Friday, implying that after then, you will be committed to paying a tenner per stream whether you watch it or not. The other is that it is the access that is chargeable, not the use of the access.

So here's the problem: we've been given just six days to make the decision, and there is no situation in which it makes more sense to do nothing and let the club keep your money and then give you whatever is left after deducting £280 some time this summer, about 12-18 months after you paid it. And yet that is the default outcome after a very short window, and based on details buried in an FAQ linked to from an announcement that was not publicised as much as it should have been.

The proper honest approach would have been for the club to simply refund all season tickets, void the QPR plus voucher and then invite season ticket holders to pay per stream like everyone else, OR commit £280 to get the sky games as well. But then it's very easy to find streams of games that are being broadcast for TV anyway and the club gets the money for that no matter how many people watch.

Instead they are hoping that lots of season ticket holders miss the narrow window of opportunity, or make the mistake of thinking they'll only be charged for the games they actually log in to watch, all while the club also gets an interest free loan of the rest of their money. It's absolutely rotten.

I'll be getting my refund and then I will pay for the streams I want to watch. If by some miracle we're allowed to go to games again we'll be allowed to pay once again for the remaining portion of our season ticket at that time.

Anyway, if you're reading this you'll be making an informed decision now, so make of it what you will.

it all seems pretty fair to me.
A window of 6 days seems more than enough time. Just get a refund if you're not sure, or think it's unfair in some way.

Bare bones.

Season Ticket Update on 11:11 - Oct 5 with 1093 viewsPinnerPaul

Season Ticket Update on 10:26 - Oct 5 by slmrstid

Again, I can totally understand why others would feel differently, especially for those with cheaper season tickets where the balance of cost/credit becomes a bit more nuanced, but reading through it how it appears to me is that over the next 7 months I will pay £535 for my season ticket (Adult, Gold)

From that, £280 will be allocated against the 28 streams available to me for the rest of the season. I don't have Sky so I will be watching those games on QPR+. All being well I'll probably be able to watch them all (and even if I can't, thats no different to me still having to pay for the 1/2 home games I can't attend each season)

That will give me £255 credit to use against a season ticket for 21/22, by which time we will hopefully all be back in the stadium. Well fingers crossed anyway...

For me, in my circumstances, with my season ticket cost, thats fair. I can live with that.

(Hoping I have 1) Understood the maths and 2) If I have, which I think I have, gives a bit of clarification for those a bit more unsure of the figures!)

Yep, that's very similar to me, except I have the added 'bonus' of turning 60 soon, so next season's ST will be even cheaper for me!

Also I do manage to attend all home games so will schedule my refereeing around QPR as I always have done - won't pay for the Say away games though.
Season Ticket Update on 11:14 - Oct 5 with 1087 viewsGloryHunter

Season Ticket Update on 10:13 - Oct 5 by francisbowles

But it also says that if you have a less expensive season ticket your credit will run out before the 28 games. So hints at charge for usage?

I think this is the only point that isn't totally clear.

I think it's all totally clear, and fair enough in the circumstances. And the club has now sent out an email to explain it, in case anyone didn't see the website update. I've paid £365 for my ST, will have £280 deducted for the streamed games, so will get a credit of £85 to carry over to next season.

If I miss any of the streamed games, then that is no different from me missing live games, which I do a few times in the average season anyway. In fact there is LESS chance of me missing the streamed games, because I'll be able to watch them wherever I am, as long as I've got a wi-fi signal.

Plus, I don't have to go to the trouble of booking and paying for individual streamed games in advance - I just turn on my laptop at kick-off time, and there's the match - (so far, so good, anyway).

If the club was stilll paying silly wages to has-been mercenaries, then I might feel differently, but since they are moving to a more reasonable wage model, then I'm happy to support the club in this way.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 11:17]
Season Ticket Update on 11:15 - Oct 5 with 1085 viewsPinnerPaul

Season Ticket Update on 23:35 - Oct 4 by saxbend

Yes it does. If you click through to the FAQs it says two relevant things. One is that you can't change your mind if you choose not to request the refund by this Friday, implying that after then, you will be committed to paying a tenner per stream whether you watch it or not. The other is that it is the access that is chargeable, not the use of the access.

So here's the problem: we've been given just six days to make the decision, and there is no situation in which it makes more sense to do nothing and let the club keep your money and then give you whatever is left after deducting £280 some time this summer, about 12-18 months after you paid it. And yet that is the default outcome after a very short window, and based on details buried in an FAQ linked to from an announcement that was not publicised as much as it should have been.

The proper honest approach would have been for the club to simply refund all season tickets, void the QPR plus voucher and then invite season ticket holders to pay per stream like everyone else, OR commit £280 to get the sky games as well. But then it's very easy to find streams of games that are being broadcast for TV anyway and the club gets the money for that no matter how many people watch.

Instead they are hoping that lots of season ticket holders miss the narrow window of opportunity, or make the mistake of thinking they'll only be charged for the games they actually log in to watch, all while the club also gets an interest free loan of the rest of their money. It's absolutely rotten.

I'll be getting my refund and then I will pay for the streams I want to watch. If by some miracle we're allowed to go to games again we'll be allowed to pay once again for the remaining portion of our season ticket at that time.

Anyway, if you're reading this you'll be making an informed decision now, so make of it what you will.

A few things you've ignored - again!

What you have written is exactly what the club have written - its no more 'informed' that what's on the website.

Interest free loan - as you call it - is no different to what ST holders pay every season if not on DD - personal choice that one.

You have had since August to get refund on ST - its been obvious we wouldn't see all games live since then.

Club have generously said that even if you do refund this year's season ticket, you still get your seat reserved for next season.

This post contradicts your earlier statement that it was 'all or nothing' - as you now admit you can get your refund and pay for as many or few streams as you like.
Season Ticket Update on 11:16 - Oct 5 with 1082 viewsBklynRanger

Yep, believe that's about the size of it Slmrs. Same situation for me.

Must admit it is a bit of a decision to not request the refund and just pay as I go for streams. Because of all the changes and uncertainty (not their fault obviously) am looking at an £80 direct debit, which isn't insignificant. But I'm not great with money at the best of times, and can thankfully afford it, so fcuk it.

I'll probably leave things as they are and decide what to do with the remaining balance at the end of the season. (Don't think anyone should feel guilty about applying it to next season's ST at that point if that's their decision.)
Season Ticket Update on 11:18 - Oct 5 with 1070 viewsStevenageRanger

All makes sense to me but I do think including Midweek Away games in the deduction is not on. You buy a Season Ticket to watch home games so cant argue with deducting those.

Aren't the midweek Away games on Sky Red Button anyway (or has that stopped?) If they are still on red Button you are effectively paying a tenner for something you already have (assuming you have Sky :) )
Season Ticket Update on 11:21 - Oct 5 with 1057 viewsdaveB

Season Ticket Update on 11:18 - Oct 5 by StevenageRanger

All makes sense to me but I do think including Midweek Away games in the deduction is not on. You buy a Season Ticket to watch home games so cant argue with deducting those.

Aren't the midweek Away games on Sky Red Button anyway (or has that stopped?) If they are still on red Button you are effectively paying a tenner for something you already have (assuming you have Sky :) )

I think as the midweek away games were included with the season ticket they have continued with it, if they had taken them away from season ticket holders you'd get complaints that they were taking away games they had previously said you can see
Login to get fewer ads

Season Ticket Update on 12:39 - Oct 5 with 967 viewsStevenageRanger

Season Ticket Update on 11:21 - Oct 5 by daveB

I think as the midweek away games were included with the season ticket they have continued with it, if they had taken them away from season ticket holders you'd get complaints that they were taking away games they had previously said you can see

Which was fine when they were free but not fine when you have to pay £10 (IMO) :)
Season Ticket Update on 12:40 - Oct 5 with 966 viewsCliff

Season Ticket Update on 11:21 - Oct 5 by daveB

You could still have seen them, same as you can see away Saturday matches, what the club have done is insisted that you pay for these away matches as part of your ST whether you watch them or not.
Season Ticket Update on 12:48 - Oct 5 with 954 viewsdaveB

Season Ticket Update on 12:39 - Oct 5 by StevenageRanger

Which was fine when they were free but not fine when you have to pay £10 (IMO) :)

I get that but think if anyone is not happy with that just get the refund now and pick and choose which streams you pay for
Season Ticket Update on 14:17 - Oct 5 with 848 viewsQPR_John

Season Ticket Update on 12:40 - Oct 5 by Cliff

You could still have seen them, same as you can see away Saturday matches, what the club have done is insisted that you pay for these away matches as part of your ST whether you watch them or not.

That is the point I am slightly uneasy about. My season ticket applied only to home matches. If payment for streamed matches comes out of your season ticket payment then away matches should not have been included.
Season Ticket Update on 14:33 - Oct 5 with 820 viewsQPR_John

One other thing occurs to me. My season ticket was £279 so I get to see only 27 streamed games with a £9 credit. But it does not seem possible to choose which game I miss so I will end up paying to see the last home game of the season. A game I have already paid for.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 15:02]
Season Ticket Update on 14:43 - Oct 5 with 790 viewsjohnhoop

Season Ticket Update on 14:33 - Oct 5 by QPR_John

One other thing occurs to me. My season ticket was £279 so I get to see only 27 streamed games with a £9 credit. But it does not seem possible to choose which game I miss so I will end up paying to see the last home game of the season. A game I have already paid for.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2020 15:02]

If the total for 28x10 streamed matches is £280 do you think the club’s going to charge us the extra pound to watch the 28th if our £279 concession ticket leaves us £1 short? They might do but it would seem fairly petty of them to do so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024