Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
WBA 17:58 - Sep 26 with 2582 viewsflynnbo

Come on you Baggies!!!
WBA on 18:42 - Sep 27 with 548 viewskensalriser

WBA on 18:30 - Sep 27 by Boston

Never gloat until after the final whistle, or...if you're Brighton, 'till you're showered, changed and gone home.

Only got themselves to blame...play until United score, rules is rules.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

WBA on 19:14 - Sep 27 with 502 viewstraininvain

WBA on 17:42 - Sep 27 by PinnerPaul

Because last season everyone complained that VAR was looking for any handball in the build up to a goal. Law was changed originally to prevent attackers scoring from an accidental handball or setting up a goal from one, not to penalise ANY accidental handball.

So in this case the ball rebounded from an attacker's arm (accidently) to a WBA player who failed to clear the ball, it went to another Chelsea player who passed to another Chelsea player who scored. Clearly this scenario isn't what the law meant to prevent - hence the change (again!) this season to qualify that any accidental handball had to lead IMMEDIATELY to a goal to be penalised.
[Post edited 27 Sep 2020 17:42]

Basically a law that sounds good in theory but doesn’t really work in practice. I’m still not sure what was wrong with the old handball law, particularly now that decisions can be checked with VAR.
WBA on 09:52 - Sep 28 with 389 viewsPinnerPaul

WBA on 19:14 - Sep 27 by traininvain

Basically a law that sounds good in theory but doesn’t really work in practice. I’m still not sure what was wrong with the old handball law, particularly now that decisions can be checked with VAR.

Agree 100%.

The laws are becoming more and more exactly as you say - I can sit here and explain them - all sounds fine - in real life they just don't 'work'.

Obviously VAR has made that worse. Things that no one could be expected to see in real life - most accepted if ref got it wrong - but no longer.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024