Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Gary Bannister Love Thread 22:19 - Sep 26 with 5499 viewsqprxtc

I’d gladly shake his hand. Love the peg leg beauty.

Whisk me away Gary you Gorgeous bastard.

Keep banging them into the kings road shite. Feck the horrible carnts.

Nice wedge too.
The Gary Bannister Love Thread on 13:13 - Sep 29 with 1072 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The Gary Bannister Love Thread on 09:05 - Sep 27 by bosh67

One of our absolute best natural finishers. Virtually a 1 in 2 striker.

That is brilliant bosh67 thank you .He was just an incredible striker one of our best of all time IMO.He is wearing the Guinness shirt I covet most too
The Gary Bannister Love Thread on 14:55 - Sep 29 with 1009 viewsSydneyRs

Great signing. Think he got 28 in his first season for us. Had a poster of him on my bedroom wall.
The Gary Bannister Love Thread on 15:11 - Sep 29 with 983 viewsdistortR

The Gary Bannister Love Thread on 14:55 - Sep 29 by SydneyRs

Great signing. Think he got 28 in his first season for us. Had a poster of him on my bedroom wall.

what did the wife think about that?
Edit - yours, not his. But if you pulled his wife, took her to yours and there was a poster of him on your bedroom wall, that might be awkward as well.
[Post edited 29 Sep 2020 15:12]
The Gary Bannister Love Thread on 15:35 - Sep 29 with 966 viewsW7Ranger

The Gary Bannister Love Thread on 11:52 - Sep 29 by MrSheen

Lovely. There must be a good chance that he's the all-time record holder.

I've just checked again and it's actually 8 goals for us against them!!
The Gary Bannister Love Thread on 16:38 - Sep 29 with 932 viewsW7Ranger

And I've since discovered he scored 14 times in total against Chelsea.
The Gary Bannister Love Thread on 16:58 - Sep 29 with 922 viewsMrSheen

The Gary Bannister Love Thread on 16:38 - Sep 29 by W7Ranger

And I've since discovered he scored 14 times in total against Chelsea.

An achievement worth recognising.

The Gary Bannister Love Thread on 07:06 - Sep 30 with 792 viewsFearless

The Gary Bannister Love Thread on 06:59 - Sep 29 by JJB

Ok, be strong Joe Boy as this is going to be hard as bringing up the past is always very difficult for me, it took me many a year to finally get over it but as my counsellor has advised me many times No matter how you feel – good or bad – it's healthy to put your feelings into words. Talking about feelings helps us feel close to people who care. It helps us feel better when we're sad or scared. Putting feelings into words helps us use self-control when we feel mad or upset and after seeing this thread it bought back all of these emotions.

You can do this, Joe, be brave… Ok here goes…

When I was 14 many many moons ago (34 years ago) I went to my first QPR open day at Loftus Road and as any kid will tell you being that close to your idols is beyond special, waiting in line to get their autographs, looking at them in their training kits, being able to get that close to the players you adore and who’s photo’s you have on your bedroom wall is one of pure teenage excitement and not in a Kelly Le Brock type way.

Some players were busier with supporters then others, Micky Fillery looked sad standing there all alone waiting for fans to approach him, we all knew he was Chelsea deep down and that he was out on a limb looking like a lost David Essex so out of pity I did ask him for his autograph as I saw sadness in his eyes so he seemed genuinely chuffed when I did approach him, he asked me if I wanted a photo with him, my reply was “don’t push it Micky”

Then after walking away from Wayne Fereday I spotted him — God, surrounded by his adoring worshippers - his disciples in my church which was Loftus Road , he was literally glowing and I couldn’t believe my eyes as I walked slowly towards him on our scared turf , pen in hand, the excitement was tangible, you can forget Macca as this was my Mecca, this man was my Allah, my buddha, my absolute god, this was the man that scored hattricks against Chelsea. This man was Gary Fxxking Bannister!

As I waited in line patiently my time finally come “ Hello My Bannister” I said as my voice trembled, “ Could you make my autograph out to Joseph, please?” With that he looked up at me ( I was a tall boy even back then and lets be honest he was a borderline midget) and with pure hatred in his face he said out loudly in front of hundreds of kids “ If I did that for everybody I will be here all day”

With that my world fell about as all the kids around me started to laugh and mock me with some even make that 80’s mong face that kids used to pull as he quickly and aggressively scribed Gary B onto to my autograph book, not only did he not make it out to Joseph, not only did he humiliate me in front of my own peer group but he didn’t even have the good grace to add the annister to his autograph. I was crushed.

Whist many of you will think this just a reaction of a shy sensitive school boy this encounter stayed with me for the rest of my life, I withdrew from society and basically became a recluse, my trust in people had vanished and I became hermit like. Apart from QPR my other great love in my life is the The Beatles and many years later I spotted the late great George Harrison in Knightsbridge but did I stop him and ask him for his autograph, did I fxxk and I blame that one long legged bowl haired Midlander midget completely and I had mentally sent him to “ Coventry” long before he ended up joining them after leaving us which was a great day personally for me.

I did read some years later that he ended up working as a caretaker in some Birmingham based B&B un blocking bogs for a living, I plan to visit it one day and do a crap in it so big it that again it gets blocked and I will report it to him directly without him knowing of course that I was the same kid he destroyed at Loftus Road all those years ago and when he see’s the states of the bog and he ask me I why I never flushed it first my reply will be “ If I did that for everybody I will be here all day ”

PS — I always did prefer John Byrne anyway.

I was at that open day too - it’s fair to say Banno and Fenwick didn’t do themselves any favours - shame.

absolutely loved Gary Bannister as a player though
The Gary Bannister Love Thread on 09:27 - Sep 30 with 709 viewsW7Ranger

The Gary Bannister Love Thread on 07:06 - Sep 30 by Fearless

I was at that open day too - it’s fair to say Banno and Fenwick didn’t do themselves any favours - shame.

absolutely loved Gary Bannister as a player though

Fenwick as well??!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024