Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet 13:48 - Sep 27 with 7334 viewsWesty75

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 14:11 - Sep 27 with 5365 viewsBoston

Does he live locally then?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 14:16 - Sep 27 with 5342 viewsPaddyhoops

I think he lives in Fulham.
Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 14:18 - Sep 27 with 5327 viewsDorse

No doubt Sky reported it as: 'Irish Immigrant Shames QPR Lack Of Diversity In Stadium Naming Rights'

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 15:38 - Sep 27 with 5163 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 14:18 - Sep 27 by Dorse

No doubt Sky reported it as: 'Irish Immigrant Shames QPR Lack Of Diversity In Stadium Naming Rights'

Don’t forget to add ‘IRA sympathiser and suspected nonce‘ at the start and ‘with six friends’ at the end.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 22:07 - Sep 27 with 4692 viewsParkRoyalR

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 14:11 - Sep 27 by Boston

Chiswick, gets into Connollys apparently, as do the Sky girls on occasion!
Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 23:00 - Sep 27 with 4591 viewshamptonhillhoop

A lot of comments on this thread referenced the fact that 'righteous' Sky still refers to our ground as Loftus Road on soccer Saturday
Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 23:04 - Sep 27 with 4582 viewsdaveB

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 23:00 - Sep 27 by hamptonhillhoop

A lot of comments on this thread referenced the fact that 'righteous' Sky still refers to our ground as Loftus Road on soccer Saturday

Thats not true to be honest, I've heard Jeff Stelling call it Kyan Prince Foundation stadium loads of times and the show had a big feature on it when the name changed last season
Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 23:15 - Sep 27 with 4559 viewsNorthernr

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 23:04 - Sep 27 by daveB

Thats not true to be honest, I've heard Jeff Stelling call it Kyan Prince Foundation stadium loads of times and the show had a big feature on it when the name changed last season

Stelling has pointed that out himself. I think there's been justified criticism of Sky this week but lets not be dicks about it.
Login to get fewer ads

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 23:19 - Sep 27 with 4525 viewsNewBee

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 14:16 - Sep 27 by Paddyhoops

I think he lives in Fulham.

I know that until a couple of years ago (at least), he lived in Chiswick. Possibly still does?

Which is Bees territory.
Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 23:28 - Sep 27 with 4521 viewsLythamR

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 23:19 - Sep 27 by NewBee

I know that until a couple of years ago (at least), he lived in Chiswick. Possibly still does?

Which is Bees territory.

LOL nice try!
Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 07:24 - Sep 28 with 4348 viewsCamberleyR

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 23:04 - Sep 27 by daveB

He wasn't last weekend though when the goals were flying in at the Wimbledon game. Every time they went back to the reporter at the game it was "another goal at Loftus Road"...

Just saying...
[Post edited 28 Sep 2020 8:28]

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 11:03 - Sep 28 with 4053 viewsParkRoyalR

Which is Bees territory.

Lived in and around that area for 40+ years, must know a similar number of lads my age and +/- 10 years and can only think of 2 who are Bees fans. A few Fulham, a fair few Chelsea + Arsenal but majority actually Rangers.

I really not sure there has ever been a district of London you could call Bees territory.
Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 11:10 - Sep 28 with 4028 viewsNoelmc

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 11:03 - Sep 28 by ParkRoyalR

Lived in and around that area for 40+ years, must know a similar number of lads my age and +/- 10 years and can only think of 2 who are Bees fans. A few Fulham, a fair few Chelsea + Arsenal but majority actually Rangers.

I really not sure there has ever been a district of London you could call Bees territory.

I know of one small area around a bus stop.
Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 11:11 - Sep 28 with 4025 viewsslmrstid

Rather depressingly buried within the replies to that tweet is someone saying they don't like football but if they did QPR would be their team for refusing to kneel to a Marxist organisation
Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 11:31 - Sep 28 with 3965 viewsdanehoop

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 11:11 - Sep 28 by slmrstid

Rather depressingly buried within the replies to that tweet is someone saying they don't like football but if they did QPR would be their team for refusing to kneel to a Marxist organisation

Must be a Chelsea fan.

Never knowingly understood

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 13:39 - Sep 28 with 3804 viewswestberksr

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 14:11 - Sep 27 by Boston

lives in Chiswick, down by the river
Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 13:43 - Sep 28 with 3795 viewswestberksr

Which is Bees territory.

Hounslow surely?
Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 14:20 - Sep 28 with 3705 viewsNewBee

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 23:28 - Sep 27 by LythamR

LOL nice try!

Our new Stadium is only a couple of hundred yards from W4 - or "ChiswicK Borders" as Estate Agents would have it! lol
Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 14:36 - Sep 28 with 3680 viewshamptonhillhoop

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 13:43 - Sep 28 by westberksr

Hounslow surely?

I used to live about a five minute walk from Griffin Park. My next door neighbour but one was also a Rangers season ticket holder. Small survey size, I'll grant you
Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 15:00 - Sep 28 with 3629 viewsDWQPR

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 14:20 - Sep 28 by NewBee

Our new Stadium is only a couple of hundred yards from W4 - or "ChiswicK Borders" as Estate Agents would have it! lol

It’s not that far from casting a fishing line into the River Thames either but that doesn’t mean that the fish in there are North Kew Academicals fans either.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 15:33 - Sep 28 with 3569 viewsBklynRanger

Maybe one of the Chiswick experts could answer a question that's been bamboozling me for some time:

There's a man who lives on Park Rd, on the left, who has 3 or 4 classic cars. Big library of leaver arch folders downstairs, home office upstairs. Last week he had a camera crew over to film. Anyway I think he may be famous in some way but have no idea who he is. Seems like a nice enough bloke. Sorry to be nosey, thanks in advance...
Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 15:55 - Sep 28 with 3508 viewsNewBee

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 15:00 - Sep 28 by DWQPR

It’s not that far from casting a fishing line into the River Thames either but that doesn’t mean that the fish in there are North Kew Academicals fans either.

You don't know how true you speak:

In 1889... ... Brentford was home to the Brentford Rowing Club and Boston Park Cricket Club. Attempts to form football and rugby clubs in the town fell by the wayside until a new recreation ground was opened on 17 October 1889. Seven days earlier, a meeting had taken place at the Oxford & Cambridge pub near Kew Bridge, during which it had been endeavoured between the rowing and cricket club members to decide how best to use the recreation ground...

On 16 October 1889, the rowing club members again met at the Oxford & Cambridge pub and it was voted that the new club would play association football and be named "Brentford Football Club".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Brentford_F.C._(1889%E2%80%931954)

You could damn nearly cast a fishing line from the new stadium to the site of the (now demolished) Oxford & Cambridge Pub.

"Spiritual Home" i think they call it.
Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 18:01 - Sep 28 with 3349 viewseastside_r

Back on topic. I like Dara O’Briain, he comes across as a good bloke. I can recommend his book ‘Tickling the English’ which is an affectionate observational work. I believe he is married to an Englishwoman and has ‘English’ children.

He does a routine about when he first arrived in England in a bank in Hammersmith. He is definitely West London based but an Arsenal fan, I am not sure whether that allegiance pre-dates his moving to London.

I suspect he has a lot of Twitter followers and that he has enlightened a fair few who were not aware of the KPF history. Good on him.
Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 18:17 - Sep 28 with 3316 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 18:01 - Sep 28 by eastside_r

Back on topic. I like Dara O’Briain, he comes across as a good bloke. I can recommend his book ‘Tickling the English’ which is an affectionate observational work. I believe he is married to an Englishwoman and has ‘English’ children.

He does a routine about when he first arrived in England in a bank in Hammersmith. He is definitely West London based but an Arsenal fan, I am not sure whether that allegiance pre-dates his moving to London.

I suspect he has a lot of Twitter followers and that he has enlightened a fair few who were not aware of the KPF history. Good on him.

I like him, too. He'd be high up on my longlist for dinner parties if I ever, well, did dinner parties.

He's funny, clever and seems decent.
Played minor (U-18) hurling for Wicklow, too. So a talented athlete as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Fair play Dara O’Briain - Kiyan Prince naming tweet on 20:11 - Sep 28 with 3168 viewsNoelmc

Seen him live on stage a couple of times. Sharp witted and very entertaining.

A lot of Irish people born in the 60s and 70s became Arsenal supporters due to the big Irish connection at the Club during that time. (Rice, O’Leary, Brady, Stapleton, Jennings).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024