Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Andre Green 09:52 - Sep 30 with 6135 viewsDubaiR

Apparently incoming, 22 released by Villa but had decent loan spells at Preston and Charlton. Played in all the Villa play off games, was highly rated at one point. Not a bad free signing this one if we pull it off.
Andre Green on 09:59 - Sep 30 with 4308 viewsRs_Holy

sauce?
Andre Green on 10:02 - Sep 30 with 4290 viewsdanehoop

Sounds like the type of "waifs and strays" pick that we would look at.

Never knowingly understood

Andre Green on 10:03 - Sep 30 with 4282 viewsbosh67

Could be a decent signing. Plenty of pace apparently. The kind of player who could really come on here.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Andre Green on 10:08 - Sep 30 with 4265 viewsDieByYourSide

Poll: And it's hi ho

Andre Green on 10:09 - Sep 30 with 4255 viewsTheChef

The next Andre Gray?

Or the next Peter Andre?

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Andre Green on 10:14 - Sep 30 with 4218 viewsPhildo

Villa mate says he was rated and they were not happy he was released
Andre Green on 10:15 - Sep 30 with 4214 viewsDubaiR

Low cost I would imagine, a fairly decent track record on loan and 49 appearances for Villa, including the successful play off campaign. Would give us an option on the left as Chair their doesn't work. Chair and Thomas then fight it out for the role behind Dykes. Real pace on both flanks in Green and BOS.
Andre Green on 10:52 - Sep 30 with 4013 viewsrsonist

Reasonable punt in the current situation. Very highly rated once at Villa but lost his way and loans didn't really work out for him - Preston's system apparently didn't suit him and was up and down at Charlton with Bowyer trying to convert him to a striker. We're crying out for someone in his preferred role though.

https://www.lep.co.uk/news/dave-seddons-preston-north-end-press-view-no-conspira

Neil spoke at Thursday’s press conference about Green wanting to play closer to the touchline on the left wing.

On that side he prefers his wide players to tuck inside more and allow the left-back to play on the outside.

Early in his loan spell at North End, Green said: “I’m a left winger but did play on the right quite a lot last season. I can play up front but I prefer being on the left. There are times I like to cut inside on to my right foot but my biggest strength is getting down the line and sending over crosses.”
Login to get fewer ads

Andre Green on 10:53 - Sep 30 with 3994 viewsBoston

Seems a little odd. I’ve been reading a bit about him and he appears to be a decent player.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Andre Green on 12:38 - Sep 30 with 3646 viewsRs_Holy

Andre Green on 10:53 - Sep 30 by Boston

Seems a little odd. I’ve been reading a bit about him and he appears to be a decent player.

Yeah ... this has a touch of the Stefan Moores about it?
Andre Green on 12:42 - Sep 30 with 3613 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Andre Green on 12:38 - Sep 30 by Rs_Holy

Yeah ... this has a touch of the Stefan Moores about it?

You mean he would chase a paper bag if asked?
Andre Green on 12:47 - Sep 30 with 3580 viewsflynnbo

Andre Green on 12:42 - Sep 30 by WrightUp5hit___

You mean he would chase a paper bag if asked?

Only if it's windy though.
Andre Green on 12:58 - Sep 30 with 3501 viewsEsox_Lucius

Thinking a bit outside the box... if he has the pace to recover if caught out (Kyle Walker) and can tackle reasonably, maybe a left wingback role for him?

The grass is always greener.

Andre Green on 13:11 - Sep 30 with 3416 viewsGloucs_R

Can play as an attacking midfielder on the left side of the pitch.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Andre Green on 13:11 - Sep 30 with 3410 viewsstevec

Short?
Andre Green on 13:11 - Sep 30 with 3407 viewsgolborne

Andre Green on 10:15 - Sep 30 by DubaiR

Low cost I would imagine, a fairly decent track record on loan and 49 appearances for Villa, including the successful play off campaign. Would give us an option on the left as Chair their doesn't work. Chair and Thomas then fight it out for the role behind Dykes. Real pace on both flanks in Green and BOS.

Chair is the best player at our football club, so there should only be one winner there. Folk used to doubt Eze a few years ago when it was clearly obvious that he was the main man. Of late, a few people suggesting Chair ain't up to it, but look what happened when he left the pitch on Saturday, and that was in a game when I saw him uncharacteristically give it away more than ever before.
Also, I thought BOS looked and looks better on the left, than right. He's not a winger who slings a cross in, so coming off the left onto his right works better.
Andre Green on 13:17 - Sep 30 with 3371 viewsDubaiR

Didn't say I don't rate Chair but hasn't had the best start to the season and still looks abit off the pace fitness wise. Thomas will prove to be a very very good signing. One thing for sure is BOS played right wing last season (his best season yet), and Chair behind the striker with Eze more often than not on the left. We have moved Chair there which hasn't worked, so move him back in side and bring in a left winger, makes sense.
Andre Green on 13:24 - Sep 30 with 3322 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Andre Green on 13:17 - Sep 30 by DubaiR

Didn't say I don't rate Chair but hasn't had the best start to the season and still looks abit off the pace fitness wise. Thomas will prove to be a very very good signing. One thing for sure is BOS played right wing last season (his best season yet), and Chair behind the striker with Eze more often than not on the left. We have moved Chair there which hasn't worked, so move him back in side and bring in a left winger, makes sense.

I also used to think that he was more dangerous on the right, Dubai. Maybe he is. But when I think back to his goals from last season many were from the right.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Andre Green on 13:25 - Sep 30 with 3306 viewsAntti_Heinola

Don't disagree, but I'm always wary of the 'this hasn't worked' line. Sometimes players need more than one or two games in a particular position to figure it out and *make* it work. McClaren was not great for us, I think we can all agree on that, but I remember people vociferously arguing on here that playing Freeman wide was a 'waste' and 'wouldn't work'. No one was saying that by January as he had by far his best season for us, and absolutely wasn't wasted on the wing. Quite the contrary.
I think Chair's been fine so far, and maybe a switch of positions will help him, but equally he's a smart enough player to make any attacking position work, with a bit of experience.

Bare bones.

Andre Green on 13:35 - Sep 30 with 3236 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Andre Green on 13:25 - Sep 30 by Antti_Heinola

Don't disagree, but I'm always wary of the 'this hasn't worked' line. Sometimes players need more than one or two games in a particular position to figure it out and *make* it work. McClaren was not great for us, I think we can all agree on that, but I remember people vociferously arguing on here that playing Freeman wide was a 'waste' and 'wouldn't work'. No one was saying that by January as he had by far his best season for us, and absolutely wasn't wasted on the wing. Quite the contrary.
I think Chair's been fine so far, and maybe a switch of positions will help him, but equally he's a smart enough player to make any attacking position work, with a bit of experience.

Agreed and also I don’t think the side as a whole have properly found their feet. Chair is a cherry on the cake type of player for me and unfortunately our cake has a soggy bottom. If that makes sense.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Andre Green on 13:41 - Sep 30 with 3169 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Andre Green on 13:25 - Sep 30 by Antti_Heinola

Good point.

Andre Green on 13:42 - Sep 30 with 3159 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Andre Green on 13:35 - Sep 30 by CliveWilsonSaid

Agreed and also I don’t think the side as a whole have properly found their feet. Chair is a cherry on the cake type of player for me and unfortunately our cake has a soggy bottom. If that makes sense.

I'm not sure about that. I think he works hard to influence play and rather than play on top of a solid structure, I think he's a huge part of it.

Andre Green on 14:36 - Sep 30 with 2900 viewsW7Ranger

Andre Green on 13:24 - Sep 30 by BrianMcCarthy

I also used to think that he was more dangerous on the right, Dubai. Maybe he is. But when I think back to his goals from last season many were from the right.

Think BOS scored 6 goals last season.

3 were from the left.
Brum away
Cardiff home
Stoke home

2 from the right
Blackburn home
Cardiff home

1 from the middle
Swansea home FA Cup

His assists have also come from either side I think. Maybe a tad more from the right.

Seems equally effective on either side to me.
Andre Green on 14:43 - Sep 30 with 2870 viewsgolborne

Andre Green on 13:17 - Sep 30 by DubaiR

BOS puts me on the edge of my seat wherever he plays and played far more minutes on the right last season, but he scored more goals from the left is the reality. He's not a crosser of the ball, he first and foremost tries to carve an opening for himself (greedy b'tard some would say, and whilst he could sling a ball in a bit earlier at times, I love him for it), and that often suits players coming onto their good foot. That's why he was often switched for periods of the game
Andre Green on 14:54 - Sep 30 with 2805 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Andre Green on 14:36 - Sep 30 by W7Ranger

Think BOS scored 6 goals last season.

3 were from the left.
Brum away
Cardiff home
Stoke home

2 from the right
Blackburn home
Cardiff home

1 from the middle
Swansea home FA Cup

His assists have also come from either side I think. Maybe a tad more from the right.

Seems equally effective on either side to me.

Good info.

I wonder how many minutes he played on either wing.

Also, the Cardiff goal was down the left but it was a breakaway from a corner so he may have played on the right that day, I can't remember.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024