Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
(What's the Story) Morning Glory? 10:12 - Oct 2 with 3801 viewsToast_R

Released 25 years ago today. How old does that make you feel?
Was probably THE album of my teens. Last year of high school, Wonderwall on the radio every 5 minutes and every f*cker was playing it. It was a good album at the time as time has gone on, bar a couple of tracks, I don't think it has aged too well.

The ramifications are still present to this day. Anyone who can get by on a guitar in their early 40's, their go to song is still Wonderwall.

[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 10:32]
(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 10:27 - Oct 2 with 2878 viewsTheChef

First term/year of uni.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 10:43 - Oct 2 with 2842 viewsdaveB

used to just play this on the Jukebox in the Bell pub in Ealing over and over again
(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 10:46 - Oct 2 with 2836 viewsLblock

Well I still think it sounds pucka to this day.

8 out of the 10 tracks on there absolute bangers then and still are today...... in fact I think I'll put it on the old SONOS now.

Can't reference that album without linking up this one. Probably my favourite of theirs and some fantastic memories around it.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 10:51 - Oct 2 with 2816 viewsted_hendrix

Don't forget to put a capo on the second fret when playing 'Wonderwall'

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 10:56 - Oct 2 with 2806 viewstoboboly

The street in the picture (Berwick Street) is now a hipster paradise, such a shame. Soho used to be quite fun, last time I wandered round it was full of VVanko Manca pizza places and the tvvats that frequent them.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 11:26 - Oct 2 with 2771 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I moved to Manchester in 1995; I couldn’t have picked a better time.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 11:41 - Oct 2 with 2755 viewsKonk

Really like(d) Supersonic and I think Wonderwall's a good song, but other than that, I think they're dull/bang average. I went to see them at The Venue in New Cross, expecting great things after the release of Supersonic, and they were pretty underwhelming that night too. a proper 6/10 band - I don't switch them off if they come on the radio, but I do tend to zone them out.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 11:42 - Oct 2 with 2743 viewstimcocking

The Gallaghers lived at that time on Devonshire street, just off Marylebone High Street. I was (or probably 1998/99/2000) also living on that street a few doors down, would see them around in the supermarket or the pub. It was a very posh street and the only not smart, not posh people residing there was them and me and my mates. Oasis always remind me of those days, happy times. Had a bar in (on?) Covent Garden Piazza at the time, brilliant period in my life. Got to Loftus Road every week, and we won every game no matter how far behind, or so it seemed. Back then, we could take free-kicks much more effectively.

Re Their music, always liked them but thought at the time they were massively over hyped, basically just an alright band. Suppose it's 'cause so much contemporary music is total crap, makes anything seem tolerable appear great.

Look at Ed Sheehan.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 11:45]
Login to get fewer ads

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 11:44 - Oct 2 with 2742 viewsSonofNorfolt

Didn't mind it at the time but now I can't bear to listen to Liam's whiney voice.
(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 11:52 - Oct 2 with 2721 viewswombat

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 11:44 - Oct 2 by SonofNorfolt

Didn't mind it at the time but now I can't bear to listen to Liam's whiney voice.

great album to this day and playing it right now at full tilt

Poll: which is your favouite foot

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 11:54 - Oct 2 with 2721 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It was alright for a short while but was lazy and cliched in many ways. Noel Gallagher has a fine ear for melodies, though. Agree that it didn't age well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 12:19 - Oct 2 with 2691 viewsBklynRanger

Does indeed make me feel old. Third year of university, living on the Ashburton Estate by Putney Heath - saw them at Earls Court when they toured this.

There was that ongoing rivalry with Blur. Parklife had been immense but one of the pivotal moments for me was the day Blur brought out Country House, which I still think is a shocking song, and Oasis brought out Roll With It, which I still think is great - simple but great, like a lot of their stuff at that time. Pushed our group in a pro-Oasis frame of mind for the next couple of years.

By '97 that had changed, Blur came out with 'Blur' which became the soundtrack of my long daily commute from Crystal Palace to Harlesden. And Oasis came out with 'Be Here Now', which was pants.

Great days though, most of the time anyway.
(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 12:28 - Oct 2 with 2669 viewsqprxtc

That was half my life ago. Someone born that year will be the age I was then. Anyone my age now back then will now be seventy five. That’s a sobering thought.

Thought Oasis were shit back then, think that now and I hope I still think it in twenty five years time. When I’m seventy five.
(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 12:35 - Oct 2 with 2653 viewsPaddyhoops

Still sounds decent enough but as you say has'nt aged particularly well.
By the way . Here's a little joke.
"What's your favourite soup?"
Oasis
" why"
Because you got a roll with it.
Sorry about that!.🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 12:38 - Oct 2 with 2645 viewslightwaterhoop

Five yobs with a great record collection.
(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 12:39 - Oct 2 with 2643 viewsrobith

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 10:56 - Oct 2 by toboboly

The street in the picture (Berwick Street) is now a hipster paradise, such a shame. Soho used to be quite fun, last time I wandered round it was full of VVanko Manca pizza places and the tvvats that frequent them.

Really? I go down there quite often (cut through from work to chinatown for lunch) and stop for Sister Ray and flat white. But it isn't very hipster - Berwick street is mostly a couple of weird wholesale shops and restaurants aimed at tourists
(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 12:48 - Oct 2 with 2625 viewsJJB

The most overrated album of all time, saying that you could say that about the band themselves.

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 12:51 - Oct 2 with 2615 viewstoboboly

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 12:39 - Oct 2 by robith

Really? I go down there quite often (cut through from work to chinatown for lunch) and stop for Sister Ray and flat white. But it isn't very hipster - Berwick street is mostly a couple of weird wholesale shops and restaurants aimed at tourists

They'd shut the pub, half of the record shops had gone, the market wasn't really there any more and a bunch of "media" types were drinking Prosecco when I wandered down last?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 12:54 - Oct 2 with 2614 viewsMetallica_Hoop

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 10:56 - Oct 2 by toboboly

I worked for a DJ who ran an indie night at 'La Scandal' Berwick Street in 1995. (the one with the mirrors that felt like a strip joint)

Great area back in the day with select'a'disk bumping off ex-promo vinyl for £2 a pop. I got my Carcass 'Heartwork' 12" from there.

I agree the place looked so sanitised when I was last there last year.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 13:19 - Oct 2 with 2581 viewsrobith

It's more importantly 20 years since Kid A came out
(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 13:20 - Oct 2 with 2575 viewsTheChef

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 13:19 - Oct 2 by robith

Good grief!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 13:38 - Oct 2 with 2549 viewssimmo

I had just turned 11 and my mum picked me up from my mate Cem's birthday party which was a few days after my own, when she gave me this album as a late present.

No idea who Oasis were but it went straight on the Bush CD Radio at home and I've never looked back (in anger). I actually prefer Definitely Maybe now, as I've got older, but seeing them play these tracks live was fckin superb and I hope they reform so I can do it again with new friends.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 13:40 - Oct 2 with 2543 viewstimcocking

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 13:47 - Oct 2 with 2532 viewsMrSheen

(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 13:19 - Oct 2 by robith

Elvis died aged 42, 43 years ago.
(What's the Story) Morning Glory? on 14:56 - Oct 2 with 2437 viewsBoston

Load a cobblers....this week, 440 years ago, Richard Jones walked into the London Stationer’s and registered Greensleeves. How we danced.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 14:57]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024