Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bonne signs - Official! 11:02 - Oct 2 with 14166 viewsOakR

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/macauley-bonne-signs-for-qpr/

3 year contract, option of another year as normal with Hoos. Undisclosed fee.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 11:05]

Poll: Will we stay up?

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:05 - Oct 2 with 6583 viewsToast_R

Nice

How do you pronounce his name though?

Bonne as in "Ces't bon!"

or Bonne as in "Bonnet de douche?"
Bonne signs - Official! on 11:07 - Oct 2 with 6553 viewsLoftgirl

Tres bon.
Bonne signs - Official! on 11:08 - Oct 2 with 6539 viewsBklynRanger

Bugger me, an actual g-g-g-goalscorer!
Bonne signs - Official! on 11:08 - Oct 2 with 6531 viewscpgerber

I love that we are building squad of our own players and investing in them. Can't deny that a loan or two definitely has its merits, but this is a much more sustainable approach we are taking now. Well done QPR.
Bonne signs - Official! on 11:17 - Oct 2 with 6404 viewsOakR

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:08 - Oct 2 by cpgerber

I love that we are building squad of our own players and investing in them. Can't deny that a loan or two definitely has its merits, but this is a much more sustainable approach we are taking now. Well done QPR.

Absolutely this!

Poll: Will we stay up?

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:19 - Oct 2 with 6383 viewsMaggsinho

£2m fee according to the South London Press.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/too-good-to-refuse-lee-bowyer-tells-us-why-charlt
Bonne signs - Official! on 11:20 - Oct 2 with 6368 viewspaulparker

Good scoring stats , exactly what we need at the moment, well done QPR

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:22 - Oct 2 with 6334 viewsBAWHoops

Big money that.

They've been after him all summer according to the only bit of intel I have

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

Login to get fewer ads

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:24 - Oct 2 with 6299 viewsrsonist

Can't lie, of all the signings rumoured Bonne was the one I was the most apprehensive of.

Hopefully the scouts think they're on to something special, to me once it became clear Charlton were settled in a position to negotiate a decent fee on their terms it seemed a very high risk Washingtonesque punt in the current circumstances - much as loans are seen as dead money etc. The Swedish lad at Brighton seemed more sensible and appealing.

Bowyer: “QPR came in and made an offer that we couldn’t refuse. He did well for us last season and got 11 goals but looking at the bigger picture, it is the right price and the right deal for us. We’ve done the deal for footballing reasons."

In terms of role, he's certainly much needed and looks a good foil to Dykes on paper.

Hope I'm wrong and look a mug in retrospect. Bonne chance to you, early stage Brundlefly.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 11:30]
Bonne signs - Official! on 11:24 - Oct 2 with 6296 viewssimmo

2 (TWO!) strikers now that we actually own. Both 24 with big potential, that's class. I think Bonne will take a bit more time to really get going and paying a fee of £million+ just a year after someone else spotted and got him for 200k is something we still need to rectify - but it's progress of sorts.

A great alternative to loans and hopefully he compliments Dykes, who seems made for a support role with a goalscorer. I also really like these 1 year options we're giving ourselves, essentially a 4 year deal with a financial obligation of no more than 3 - proper business. Welcome!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:25 - Oct 2 with 6286 viewsAntti_Heinola

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:19 - Oct 2 by Maggsinho

£2m fee according to the South London Press.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/too-good-to-refuse-lee-bowyer-tells-us-why-charlt

i would imagine that would include a lot of add-ons.

Bare bones.

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:28 - Oct 2 with 6237 viewsenfieldargh

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:24 - Oct 2 by rsonist

Can't lie, of all the signings rumoured Bonne was the one I was the most apprehensive of.

Hopefully the scouts think they're on to something special, to me once it became clear Charlton were settled in a position to negotiate a decent fee on their terms it seemed a very high risk Washingtonesque punt in the current circumstances - much as loans are seen as dead money etc. The Swedish lad at Brighton seemed more sensible and appealing.

Bowyer: “QPR came in and made an offer that we couldn’t refuse. He did well for us last season and got 11 goals but looking at the bigger picture, it is the right price and the right deal for us. We’ve done the deal for footballing reasons."

In terms of role, he's certainly much needed and looks a good foil to Dykes on paper.

Hope I'm wrong and look a mug in retrospect. Bonne chance to you, early stage Brundlefly.

Not poo pooing your opinion but what do you base your post on?,

I've not watched a Charlton game apart from our home game with them last season plus if he's been involved in a goal thats been on Quest etc..

I've no idea about him being a good signing or not, just put my faith in the powers that be at QPR

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:29 - Oct 2 with 6214 viewsQPR_Jim

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:24 - Oct 2 by rsonist

Had similar thoughts tbh but sometimes initial impressions of a transfer can be misleading. Hopefully they have a good understanding with each other up front and manage to allay any fears quickly.
Bonne signs - Official! on 11:30 - Oct 2 with 6187 viewsloftus77

Good stuff- can he play at Hillsborough?
Bonne signs - Official! on 11:32 - Oct 2 with 6152 viewsNorthernr

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:30 - Oct 2 by loftus77

Good stuff- can he play at Hillsborough?

Signed before midday so is eligible.
Bonne signs - Official! on 11:32 - Oct 2 with 6139 viewsDiscodroids

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:20 - Oct 2 by paulparker

Good scoring stats , exactly what we need at the moment, well done QPR

Enjoy your evening Steve!

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:33 - Oct 2 with 6118 viewstimcocking

I'm just relieved to see us seeming in a position to at least buy somebody. Seemed at one stage last year that we were in much more dire straits than we are at present and that's with this bulls!t virus stuff going on.

Fingers crossed, never can tell.
Bonne signs - Official! on 11:34 - Oct 2 with 6124 viewssimmo

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:25 - Oct 2 by Antti_Heinola

i would imagine that would include a lot of add-ons.

Definitely this, there's zero chance we're paying £2m up front for anyone, regardless of Charltons stance.

I do think we may have overpaid either way, given the situation - but it's more of a measured risk and I'm confident it would have been structured well financially with Hoos looming large.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:36 - Oct 2 with 6096 viewsAirtomoreira

All we need now is another forward named Beech, then we could play a 433 line up, with the forward 3 being Bonne - Dykes - Beech. Should see an uptake in our Aussie fan base.
Bonne signs - Official! on 11:42 - Oct 2 with 6018 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Best of luck to him.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:43 - Oct 2 with 6014 viewsrsonist

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:28 - Oct 2 by enfieldargh

Not poo pooing your opinion but what do you base your post on?,

I've not watched a Charlton game apart from our home game with them last season plus if he's been involved in a goal thats been on Quest etc..

I've no idea about him being a good signing or not, just put my faith in the powers that be at QPR

I have a couple of Charlton mates but to be honest they seemed to me to kneejerk between pride at him being a raw bargain pickup versus out of his depth most weeks. In fact that's how it is across most of their socials.

If we'd gambled last year for 200k or nicked him for <1m this I'd be positive, and I guess that's what matters. But the big projected fee changes everything when taking the bigger picture into account. T

Then again relegation would be catastrophic - it's now become like the difference getting relegated from the Prem - so that's another way of looking at it short term.

If we had instead or still additionally will push the boat out to invest in Willock I'd be all for it - enormous potential upside there.
Bonne signs - Official! on 11:56 - Oct 2 with 5859 viewspaulparker

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:32 - Oct 2 by Discodroids

Enjoy your evening Steve!

Cheers mate il try not to be to miserable

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:57 - Oct 2 with 5849 viewsPhildo

wow - we own two proper strikers. Who are young. Exciting times.
Bonne signs - Official! on 11:57 - Oct 2 with 5836 viewsDixie_CT

Bonne signs - Official! on 11:24 - Oct 2 by simmo

2 (TWO!) strikers now that we actually own. Both 24 with big potential, that's class. I think Bonne will take a bit more time to really get going and paying a fee of £million+ just a year after someone else spotted and got him for 200k is something we still need to rectify - but it's progress of sorts.

A great alternative to loans and hopefully he compliments Dykes, who seems made for a support role with a goalscorer. I also really like these 1 year options we're giving ourselves, essentially a 4 year deal with a financial obligation of no more than 3 - proper business. Welcome!

I was thinking that this is a replacment for a Wells style striker and Dykes is the Hugill style one. The club were a bit hamstrung with trying to make Wells and Hugill permanent, with transfer fees, wages and potential sell on value.

Loving the fact that Dykes and Bonne are ours, reasonable priced and going to be on at least 50% less non-Prem inflated salary.

Good business, lets get behind them and I would be happy with an 11 goal return from Bonne this season.
[Post edited 2 Oct 2020 14:39]
Bonne signs - Official! on 12:00 - Oct 2 with 5799 viewsHoopsarrr

Nice to have backup to Dykes - takes pressure off Oteh (would imagine a loan for him). Flippant fans on Twitter still screaming about our resources at the back. Can't please them all!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024