Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Dennis? 18:34 - Oct 10 with 2363 viewshantssi

https://mobile.twitter.com/bet_clever/status/1314859546410713093?s=12
Mark Dennis? on 18:36 - Oct 10 with 2350 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That's a beaut.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Mark Dennis? on 20:00 - Oct 10 with 2170 viewsloftboy

Barely a yellow!!

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Mark Dennis? on 10:47 - Oct 11 with 1759 viewsbosh67

To be fair he was going for the ball but can't work out if it was the left or the right one?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mark Dennis? on 11:33 - Oct 11 with 1702 views2Thomas2Bowles

Oh the memories
The same thing happened to me when I was about 15
Playing on Lilly Rec when they use to have 5/6 a-sides (6 pitches) Think they still do?

Bloke took me out in much the same way, cue a massive fight with all six games stopping and joining in, players managers supporters the lot was like a battlefield.

Could never understand why I got a 6 match ban

The team we were playing got kicked out, they had had few run-ins

Happy days.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2020 11:42]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Mark Dennis? on 12:27 - Oct 11 with 1639 viewsbosh67

Years ago I played in a game where I filled in as a centre back for another player. Much bigger forward backed into me, looked around and elbowed me with some force in the face as we jumped for the ball. I fell to the ground clutching my nose, which was broken. There was a massive fight, everyone piled in. During the fight 'man with bucket' as it was in those days, ran on and thrust a freezing cold sponge in my face. When I finally stood up I was covered in sponge water and blood and faced by the ref, who booked me for 'simulation'! The player that elbowed me also got booked. No other cards. Different time. Today that would have been a civil GBH case and three pages of me at home with my cats and my nose in a sling in Hello! magazine.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Mark Dennis? on 15:21 - Oct 11 with 1515 viewsR_from_afar

Mark Dennis? on 12:27 - Oct 11 by bosh67

Years ago I played in a game where I filled in as a centre back for another player. Much bigger forward backed into me, looked around and elbowed me with some force in the face as we jumped for the ball. I fell to the ground clutching my nose, which was broken. There was a massive fight, everyone piled in. During the fight 'man with bucket' as it was in those days, ran on and thrust a freezing cold sponge in my face. When I finally stood up I was covered in sponge water and blood and faced by the ref, who booked me for 'simulation'! The player that elbowed me also got booked. No other cards. Different time. Today that would have been a civil GBH case and three pages of me at home with my cats and my nose in a sling in Hello! magazine.

Your story reminds me of an incident in a company 5 a side tournament I played in in about 1991. In the group stage, the Marketing team, which I was in, played a team from the warehouse.

At one point, a big gritter from the warehouse team was trying to shield the ball, with the head of marketing, a relatively short bloke in his 40s, endeavouring to get it off him. The latter, whether deliberately or accidentally booted the former's ankles a couple of times. It was at this point that it all kicked off.

The warehouse guy turned round and punched the marketeer in the face. The smaller man leapt on top of him and started trying to strangle him. I was shadowing an opposition player on the other side of the pitch and as we watched, most of the others piled in as a brawl developed.

Both of the players involved in the initial incident were sent off, but ironically the two teams ended up meeting in the final. What a tepid affair that was, with both teams afraid to put in a challenge

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Mark Dennis? on 16:17 - Oct 11 with 1462 viewsQPRSteve

A Sunday league team i occasionally played for had a captain who was a karate champion. Big guy he was with a short temper. He played centre back and in one game he was continually getting beaten in the air by the opposition's centre forward. He eventually lost it and instead of going up to head the ball he launched a flying karate kick and nearly took the CF's head off.
Mark Dennis? on 16:23 - Oct 11 with 1457 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Mark Dennis? on 12:27 - Oct 11 by bosh67

Booked for simulation...😂😂

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Dennis? on 08:39 - Oct 23 with 1073 views2Thomas2Bowles

The real, Taking the knee

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024