Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone watching live non league football 16:11 - Oct 12 with 9761 viewsnightwish

As QPR were not playing on Saturday (so no internet match to watch) i went along to a live game to watch Eastbourne United vs Little Common in the Southern Combination League.I was wondering are there any other QPR supporters getting their live fix of football by going to non league matches?
Anyone watching live non league football on 16:17 - Oct 12 with 6315 viewsSt_Pollock

Haven't been to The Oval for about 20 years or so... How's the ground looking now?

Have been to see matches at;

Virgina Water
Leatherhead
Erith and Belverdere
Westside (Colliers Wood FC)
Walthamstow.

Absolutely loving re-discovering Non-League football and am honestly not sure if I will go back to league matches.
Anyone watching live non league football on 18:14 - Oct 12 with 6232 viewsstowmarketrange

Ive seen 2 games at needham market so far this season,and 2 home wins so far.I’m hoping to see the Suffolk county cup final tomorrow night against Lowestoft and another home game on Saturday.
The last game I went too on the Saturday before last I’d had a couple of pints before so I decided to beat the rush for the toilets on about 35 minutes.I came out to see that the away team had a free kick just outside our area,which was missed.The score was 1-1 at the time and Needham ended up winning 3-1.When I read the match report the day after I discovered that i’d missed a red card for the home team and they had to play for 55 minutes with only 10 men.The joys of non league football eh.
Anyone watching live non league football on 18:14 - Oct 12 with 6222 viewstoboboly

Park View
Stansted
Buntingford Town
Horsham
Robertsbridge Utd
Wormley Rovers
Sawbridgeworth Town
Hanworth Villa

Had a few rain outs so far, tomorrow got Enfield Town and Saturday Bowers and Pitsea. I've done non-league for a number of years but this year have decided to go all out. Considering what professional football is doing it is a far better day out than the PL.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Anyone watching live non league football on 19:37 - Oct 12 with 6145 viewsnightwish

Anyone watching live non league football on 16:17 - Oct 12 by St_Pollock

Haven't been to The Oval for about 20 years or so... How's the ground looking now?

Have been to see matches at;

Virgina Water
Leatherhead
Erith and Belverdere
Westside (Colliers Wood FC)
Walthamstow.

Absolutely loving re-discovering Non-League football and am honestly not sure if I will go back to league matches.

The Oval has changed alot in 20 years.The big old stand is gone so has the running track.All enclosed pitch now with wooden fencing around.1 small standing terrace stand,a small seated stand,and another small stand behind one of the goals which has got half the seats in but they cant afford to put the rest of the seats in yet.Ground improvements helped by the money they made reaching the FA Vase semi final about 6 years ago
Anyone watching live non league football on 20:07 - Oct 12 with 6087 viewsMonahoop

Anyone watching live non league football on 18:14 - Oct 12 by toboboly

Park View
Stansted
Buntingford Town
Horsham
Robertsbridge Utd
Wormley Rovers
Sawbridgeworth Town
Hanworth Villa

Had a few rain outs so far, tomorrow got Enfield Town and Saturday Bowers and Pitsea. I've done non-league for a number of years but this year have decided to go all out. Considering what professional football is doing it is a far better day out than the PL.

What did you think of Horsham's new ground?
Not seen a match there yet but on a visit to see family last year I paid a quick visit there just to see it. I thought it looked grand for that level and there seems room for further improvements if and when required. Things are looking up for the Hornets at last after years of torment and struggle.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Anyone watching live non league football on 20:12 - Oct 12 with 6076 viewsSharpy36

Maidstone utd have been classified "Elite" therefore no fans. National league south, elite...fcuk right off.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Anyone watching live non league football on 20:16 - Oct 12 with 6070 viewsStanisgod

Anyone watching live non league football on 18:14 - Oct 12 by toboboly

Park View
Stansted
Buntingford Town
Horsham
Robertsbridge Utd
Wormley Rovers
Sawbridgeworth Town
Hanworth Villa

Did Bowers midweek 10 days ago, will probably the next midweek one. If they hit the ball out of the ground it almost reaches my garden.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Anyone watching live non league football on 20:23 - Oct 12 with 6045 viewstoboboly

Anyone watching live non league football on 20:07 - Oct 12 by Monahoop

What did you think of Horsham's new ground?
Not seen a match there yet but on a visit to see family last year I paid a quick visit there just to see it. I thought it looked grand for that level and there seems room for further improvements if and when required. Things are looking up for the Hornets at last after years of torment and struggle.

Nice ground, K's lost which didn't help my opinion 😉

Shame it is so far out of town but everyone friendly.

Login to get fewer ads

Anyone watching live non league football on 20:37 - Oct 12 with 6026 viewsMonahoop

Anyone watching live non league football on 20:23 - Oct 12 by toboboly

Nice ground, K's lost which didn't help my opinion 😉

Shame it is so far out of town but everyone friendly.

That's positive. Yes it's a trek out of town, but not too far where my mum lives. I guess that's the way things are now with new stadiums, build them out of town.
I do miss their old Queen Street ground, the quaint little grandstand and the 'cowshed' when it had a roof, behind one of the goals.
Will K's find a new ground? I used to live a stones throw from the Kingsmeadow stadium and watched many games there, including QPR a couple of times in pre season friendlies.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

Anyone watching live non league football on 08:04 - Oct 13 with 5913 viewstoboboly

Anyone watching live non league football on 20:37 - Oct 12 by Monahoop

That's positive. Yes it's a trek out of town, but not too far where my mum lives. I guess that's the way things are now with new stadiums, build them out of town.
I do miss their old Queen Street ground, the quaint little grandstand and the 'cowshed' when it had a roof, behind one of the goals.
Will K's find a new ground? I used to live a stones throw from the Kingsmeadow stadium and watched many games there, including QPR a couple of times in pre season friendlies.

I would like to think they will be able to sort somewhere out soon. Had a great cup run last year which hopefully tides them over this year. Get promotion this year and who knows?

Anyone watching live non league football on 08:13 - Oct 13 with 5904 viewstoboboly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54507058

Anyone watching live non league football on 09:14 - Oct 13 with 5864 viewsBlackAndGoldRanger

Yeah great fun supporting the local team, been to Ashford Town (middx) and Chalfont St peter this season. Both well distanced, bars open, plastic cups allowing a beer in view of the pitch. Less than a tenner a ticket. Brilliant.
Anyone watching live non league football on 09:16 - Oct 13 with 5855 viewsSt_Pollock

Anyone watching live non league football on 19:37 - Oct 12 by nightwish

The Oval has changed alot in 20 years.The big old stand is gone so has the running track.All enclosed pitch now with wooden fencing around.1 small standing terrace stand,a small seated stand,and another small stand behind one of the goals which has got half the seats in but they cant afford to put the rest of the seats in yet.Ground improvements helped by the money they made reaching the FA Vase semi final about 6 years ago

Would be nice to visit it again.

May get myself a Southern Daysave and head out that way for a few things.
Anyone watching live non league football on 09:23 - Oct 13 with 5846 viewstoboboly

For anyone interested the following two webpages I find really useful for finding teams and for when their websites aren't the best;

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/

https://www.footballgroundmap.com/

Anyone watching live non league football on 09:42 - Oct 13 with 5827 viewsSt_Pollock

Anyone watching live non league football on 09:23 - Oct 13 by toboboly

For anyone interested the following two webpages I find really useful for finding teams and for when their websites aren't the best;

https://www.nonleaguematters.co.uk/

https://www.footballgroundmap.com/

Can I also add the following which is also run by a R.

http://www.tlfg.uk/
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 9:42]
Anyone watching live non league football on 11:14 - Oct 13 with 5768 viewsDannyPaddox

I’ve been lured to the delights of non-league football by James who’s blog is mentioned above. I’m off to see Haringey Borough vs Bracknell Town in the 3rd Round Qualifying of the FA Cup tonight. Looking forward to it. Went to see Wingate & Finchley vs Folkestone Invicta in a Previous Round.

Took this photo of a fine penalty save by the Wingate keeper

The keeper actually parries the ball straight to the Folkestone penalty taker, who with the goal at his mercy, puts the ball wide. Then the ref asks the kick to be-retaken. The keeper goes chicken oriental! If I keep my thumb on the photo I can see live action of both the penalty being taken and follow-up missed. Does anyone know a way I can send this short film to other people or post it on here?

Also went to a league game North Greenford United vs Edgware Town. That was a great night too. Non–League is where it’s at.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 11:39]
Anyone watching live non league football on 13:43 - Oct 13 with 5703 viewsSt_Pollock

Anyone watching live non league football on 11:14 - Oct 13 by DannyPaddox

I’ve been lured to the delights of non-league football by James who’s blog is mentioned above. I’m off to see Haringey Borough vs Bracknell Town in the 3rd Round Qualifying of the FA Cup tonight. Looking forward to it. Went to see Wingate & Finchley vs Folkestone Invicta in a Previous Round.

The keeper actually parries the ball straight to the Folkestone penalty taker, who with the goal at his mercy, puts the ball wide. Then the ref asks the kick to be-retaken. The keeper goes chicken oriental! If I keep my thumb on the photo I can see live action of both the penalty being taken and follow-up missed. Does anyone know a way I can send this short film to other people or post it on here?

Also went to a league game North Greenford United vs Edgware Town. That was a great night too. Non–League is where it’s at.

Haven't been to North Greenford United but eyeing up a night match there...

What's the set up like? Decent bar?
Anyone watching live non league football on 19:45 - Oct 13 with 5645 viewsDannyPaddox

Anyone watching live non league football on 13:43 - Oct 13 by St_Pollock

Haven't been to North Greenford United but eyeing up a night match there...

What's the set up like? Decent bar?

Yes mate - fairly decent pint of Guinness in an old school club house - very welcoming - NGU were winning at HT and the barmaid said if they held on for a win (playing against the slope) I’d be allowed to come back - they held on to win 😁

Running late to Harningey Boro on a W3 Bus - haven’t been on this route for years!
Anyone watching live non league football on 19:52 - Oct 13 with 5635 viewsThe_Beast1976

I've now adopted Cobham FC. The ground is only a 5 minute walk from my house. They are away at Ascot United tonight. I nearly jumped in the car and headed to Ascot, but they are away at Molesey on Saturday so I'll probably go to that instead.

With my playing history at Bookham FC, turning to Cobham FC is a bit like turning from QPR to Che***a (and I'd rather be dead than do that), but I'm going for my local club (much like I did with QPR)
[Post edited 13 Oct 2020 20:48]
Anyone watching live non league football on 20:25 - Oct 13 with 5593 viewsrobith

Yeah been going to Walthamstow FC, enjoying it a lot. Aided by them being sponsored by a local brewery selling their cans in the ground at a decent knock down price.

Saw a penalty shoot out one night, felt alive.
Anyone watching live non league football on 17:35 - Oct 17 with 5410 viewsstowmarketrange

Another 3-0 win today for Needham Market and they’re still top of the league.I even met another Qpr season ticket holder today who has his ticket in NU.
And another point for the R’s too.Happy days.
Anyone watching live non league football on 09:18 - Oct 20 with 5242 viewstoboboly

Bedfont Sports v Chalfont St Peter tonight.

Bowers and Pitsea was called off on Saturday due to covid, nothing to do with them sacking their manager and coaches....

Anyone watching live non league football on 09:33 - Oct 20 with 5221 viewsTheChef

Anyone watching live non league football on 11:14 - Oct 13 by DannyPaddox

I was at Wingate for that one, was quite a bizarre end to the game!

I'm back there tonight for the game vs Corinthian Casuals.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Anyone watching live non league football on 10:15 - Oct 20 with 5162 viewsLowerloftLad

yes done a fair few chertsey town games

chertsey 0 Hampton Richmond 4 in a friendly
chertsey 0 leatherhead 0 chertsey win on pens 5-4 cup
chertsey 1 bamstead 2 cup game

also went and watched chertsey away at northwood 1-3 chertsey

and tonight im going to chertsey v marlow

for five games its cost me £43 bargin really and a good laugh and even some good football played at times chertsey are getting just shy of 400 fans a week
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 10:18]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Anyone watching live non league football on 15:01 - Oct 20 with 5078 viewsSt_Pollock

Anyone watching live non league football on 10:15 - Oct 20 by LowerloftLad

yes done a fair few chertsey town games

chertsey 0 Hampton Richmond 4 in a friendly
chertsey 0 leatherhead 0 chertsey win on pens 5-4 cup
chertsey 1 bamstead 2 cup game

also went and watched chertsey away at northwood 1-3 chertsey

and tonight im going to chertsey v marlow

for five games its cost me £43 bargin really and a good laugh and even some good football played at times chertsey are getting just shy of 400 fans a week
[Post edited 20 Oct 2020 10:18]

I'm keeping a running tally and it's 6 games for £41 for me as Virgina Water vs Balham was free.

Some of the football has been brilliant and it's another week where I'm starting to question how much I want to go back to paying a season tickler rate of around £23 per match at QPR...

Haven't watched any of the games on the feeds or on Sky and seldom check out the official site at the moment either.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024