Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ 14:09 - Oct 24 with 1780 viewspatinthebush

Dear all
I live on Ellerslie Road - I go to an odd match - but I support Crystal Palace - be nice!!

There is a big local consultation in H&F about parking.
The council are doing a consultation with the local residents - the people who live north and south of Uxbridge Road.
there are 2 options: option 1 or option 2

option 1) is controlled parking Mon-Sun 9am to 9pm - you will have to pay to park your car in all the streets south of the stadium. Older supporters who drive to the match and then walk will have to pay to park. The local residents in the smart streets are not football supporters and resent the football. They want option 1 and for you to pay to park. The general consensus on 'Next-door' local forum is that you all now live away from this area and why should you park for free. I reckon most would prefer if a rugby stadium was there instead of a football stadium.

option 2) free parking in the evening and w-end. Resident only bays on 35% of each street. You can park for free on the other 65% (shared parking)

I really urge QPR to stand up for the rights of the supporters who drive and QPR should pressure the council to push for option 2. Let's keep free parking in the evening and w-end. If any of you have any clout with the council please use it.

Best of luck against Birmingham today.
It is so strange to be here - I can still hear the speakers and the recorded chanting without the supporters. I also miss the hot dog I used to buy every week from the van on Ellerslie.
strange times we live in.

Pat

Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 14:14 - Oct 24 with 1748 viewsPinnerPaul

The proposed extension of the congestion charge zone will solve their problems for them I reckon!
Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 15:53 - Oct 24 with 1633 viewsGloryHunter

Thanks for the post, Pat (see what I did there?) We all live away from the area because we can't afford the house prices! For W12 natives to live there now, you've got to either be a millionaire, or else live in social housing. I moved away in 1986, and now live in Lewisham, surrounded by Palace supporters!
Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 16:03 - Oct 24 with 1613 viewsBoston

Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 15:53 - Oct 24 by GloryHunter

Thanks for the post, Pat (see what I did there?) We all live away from the area because we can't afford the house prices! For W12 natives to live there now, you've got to either be a millionaire, or else live in social housing. I moved away in 1986, and now live in Lewisham, surrounded by Palace supporters!

Things do change...in the 70’s Lewisham was Millwall and Chelsea, well the ones I came across anyway.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 16:46 - Oct 24 with 1549 viewsGloryHunter

Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 16:03 - Oct 24 by Boston

Things do change...in the 70’s Lewisham was Millwall and Chelsea, well the ones I came across anyway.

I've bought in one of the posher bits!
Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 17:04 - Oct 24 with 1500 viewsBoston

Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 16:46 - Oct 24 by GloryHunter

I've bought in one of the posher bits!

Blackheath?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 17:43 - Oct 24 with 1418 viewsWatford_Ranger

Buy a house near a football ground... moan about football traffic.
Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 17:45 - Oct 24 with 1413 viewsPinnerPaul

Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 17:43 - Oct 24 by Watford_Ranger

Good point, neither the motor car nor the stadium are recent arrivals!
Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 17:52 - Oct 24 with 1392 viewsjoe90

Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 15:53 - Oct 24 by GloryHunter

Where in Lewisham are you? Would be interested to know what you consider the 'posh' bit, haha. I also live in Lewisham.
Login to get fewer ads

Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 21:09 - Oct 24 with 1120 viewsGloryHunter

Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 17:04 - Oct 24 by Boston

Blackheath?

Not that posh. Hither Green. There are Millwall and Chelsea flags in the windows of the neighbouring estates and Housing Association conversion flats, but my road is mostly more genteel than that. Even one QPR supporter - but his family are all Palace.
Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 21:11 - Oct 24 with 1111 viewsGloryHunter

Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 17:52 - Oct 24 by joe90

Where in Lewisham are you? Would be interested to know what you consider the 'posh' bit, haha. I also live in Lewisham.

Hey Joe, see answer above. Maybe we should form a Lewisham Rs posse?
Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 21:19 - Oct 24 with 1095 viewsjoe90

Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 21:11 - Oct 24 by GloryHunter

Hey Joe, see answer above. Maybe we should form a Lewisham Rs posse?

Oh nice! Have you been to Brockley Brewery tap room? I've just moved to Ladywell, was in Brockley before. Loads of Millwall fans about, but that's to be expected.

Well up for a Lewisham R's posse, haha
Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 22:03 - Oct 24 with 1039 viewsenfieldargh

so expanding the CC, charging to park and now the 60+ travel card being withdrawn.

I'd walk the 12 miles but I'd get carbon monoxide poisoning from all the stationary traffic along the reduced width roads where bus lanes, cycle highways have made the car obsolete.

NTR on top of that

I'd stay and watch it on the telly, shame they broadcasting the games in super 8

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 22:19 - Oct 24 with 1013 viewsGloryHunter

I've PM'd you Joe.

We've hijacked our new friend Pat's thread about parking. Presumably the only people who can respond to the parking consultation are local residents who - we have already established - are not massive QPR fans. So there's not a lot we impoverished & exiled Rangers supporters can do individually. But maybe you could email the club and alert them to the consultation exercise, Pat - in case they are not already aware of it. QPR are usually pretty good at responding to local issues.
https://www.qpr.co.uk/club/contact-us/
Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 22:33 - Oct 24 with 990 viewsGloryHunter

Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 22:03 - Oct 24 by enfieldargh

so expanding the CC, charging to park and now the 60+ travel card being withdrawn.

I'd walk the 12 miles but I'd get carbon monoxide poisoning from all the stationary traffic along the reduced width roads where bus lanes, cycle highways have made the car obsolete.

NTR on top of that

I'd stay and watch it on the telly, shame they broadcasting the games in super 8

They haven't thought this through, have they. Who is going to cycle into the West End in midwinter from Zone 3 or Zone 4 to go to the theatre or opera? Certainly not me, if they cancel my Freedom Pass.
Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 06:52 - Oct 25 with 848 viewsjohnhoop

Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 22:33 - Oct 24 by GloryHunter

They haven't thought this through, have they. Who is going to cycle into the West End in midwinter from Zone 3 or Zone 4 to go to the theatre or opera? Certainly not me, if they cancel my Freedom Pass.

I read about them not allowing freedom passes to be used before nine thirty in the morning from June but are there now serious moves to get rid of them completely because I can’t find any reference to it on the internet?
Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 09:12 - Oct 25 with 721 viewsJuzzie

Parking your car when going to the football zone J/JJ on 17:43 - Oct 24 by Watford_Ranger

This is more about parking restrictions than actual traffic.

A bit like the CC/ULEZ situation (covered on other threads) if implementations are going to be made then alternatives have to be put in place or at least ensure what’s available can manage.
Will extra buses and tube trains be put on a couple of hours either side of kick off and the final whistle?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024