Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off 00:57 - Oct 27 with 5514 viewsDannyPaddox

Weller eventually said it was a tribute to Harrison

Prince gets Edgy

This thread blatantly a tribute/ rip-off to the 'covers' thread.

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 08:27 - Oct 27 with 4283 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I think it may be a tribute to Heep/purple and bands of that era. I'll have to ask 'Sabbaton History'
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 8:28]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 08:45 - Oct 27 with 4266 viewsdanehoop

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/nirvana-pay-back-killing-joke-2431

It was interesting that the Rolling Stone article mentions that Killing Joke complained about it, they actually filed a law suit but ceased it when Cobain died. Looks like it all ended well enough.

Never knowingly understood

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 22:13 - Oct 27 with 4155 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

This is really annoying me.

There was a song played over and over on Jazz FM this summer that rips off the Omar bass line from 'There's nothing like this'. It's a good record in it's own right too.

I can't find it anywhere. If anyone can help great!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 07:09 - Oct 28 with 4091 viewsdistortR

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 08:45 - Oct 27 by danehoop

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/nirvana-pay-back-killing-joke-2431

It was interesting that the Rolling Stone article mentions that Killing Joke complained about it, they actually filed a law suit but ceased it when Cobain died. Looks like it all ended well enough.

too right it did - the KJ album that resulted from the Dave Grohl collaboration is right up there!
Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 07:34 - Oct 28 with 4079 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Pulp. Part 1.

Pulp. Part 2.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 10:56 - Oct 28 with 4032 viewsMick_S

Biggest rip off ever. Also contains the line -" Automatic sycopation, we're two together, one of a kind."

[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 10:58]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 11:06 - Oct 28 with 4021 viewsCamberleyR

Another bit of magpie work by Weller

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 11:12 - Oct 28 with 4012 viewsCamberleyR

Neil Innes actually successfully sued for plaigirism and eventually received a co-writing credit.

Login to get fewer ads

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 11:18 - Oct 28 with 4001 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 11:06 - Oct 28 by CamberleyR

Another bit of magpie work by Weller

Jesus. Never knew that one. That's a straight lift.

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 11:25 - Oct 28 with 3987 viewsPeterHucker

Listen from 2:20

Put that together with the strings from this

And you get a terrible Rod Stewart song
Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 11:26 - Oct 28 with 3986 viewsdanehoop

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 11:18 - Oct 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Jesus. Never knew that one. That's a straight lift.

I love Weller, but he has form for constantly being "inspired by" or "reinventing" earlier original tunes and repurposing them for his own material. Mr Gallagher took a similar path in using the Beatles back catalogue as the source for much Oasis success and no surprise that the both of them are friends.

Never knowingly understood

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 11:27 - Oct 28 with 3983 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 11:26 - Oct 28 by danehoop

I love Weller, but he has form for constantly being "inspired by" or "reinventing" earlier original tunes and repurposing them for his own material. Mr Gallagher took a similar path in using the Beatles back catalogue as the source for much Oasis success and no surprise that the both of them are friends.

Yep.

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 11:30 - Oct 28 with 3978 viewsCamberleyR

I would have thought that 'Town Called Malice' was more inspired by this:

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 11:42 - Oct 28 with 3955 viewsDannyPaddox

And then there this old chess-nut ...

Written

Covered (with a slight title change)

Ripped
Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 11:45 - Oct 28 with 3950 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 11:30 - Oct 28 by CamberleyR

I would have thought that 'Town Called Malice' was more inspired by this:

Ya, you're right Camberley. That's the one!

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 14:14 - Oct 28 with 3885 viewsPaddyhoops

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 11:45 - Oct 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Ya, you're right Camberley. That's the one!

The stones in fairness ripped of everyones style of music. Blues, country, disco, you name it. Thing is they made it even better!!
Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 14:27 - Oct 28 with 3865 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 22:13 - Oct 27 by CliveWilsonSaid

This is really annoying me.

There was a song played over and over on Jazz FM this summer that rips off the Omar bass line from 'There's nothing like this'. It's a good record in it's own right too.

I can't find it anywhere. If anyone can help great!

Ha found it finally. Been looking for two days was driving me mad!

Quite a jolly little number from Lukas Setto called Do it Again. Obviously ‘borrowing’ from Omar There’s nothing like this.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 15:10 - Oct 28 with 3836 viewsDannyPaddox

Madness definitely half-inched the intro for this for the awful 'I like driving in my car'.
I reckon McCartney borrowed a bit from it for Pipes of Peace' too.
Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 15:20 - Oct 28 with 3829 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The intro is a nod to Van Halen 'Talkin about love'

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 22:37 - Oct 28 with 3763 viewsEastR

Nice bit of pickpocketing going on here

In fairness they did own up to it
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 22:38]

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 00:07 - Oct 29 with 3738 viewsDannyPaddox

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 22:37 - Oct 28 by EastR

Nice bit of pickpocketing going on here

In fairness they did own up to it
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 22:38]

... in the mix!

'Electric Avenue' Eddy went after Mr All-Bran for serious moolah over this. Can't remember if he got it. Hope he did.
Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 06:11 - Dec 21 with 3579 viewsDannyPaddox

Same beat. Same vibe. Different tempo.
Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 10:36 - Dec 21 with 3428 viewsJJB

Remember The White City Fighting?
Poll: Would you like to see the return of Mr Warnock?

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 10:44 - Dec 21 with 3423 viewsCamberleyR

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 10:36 - Dec 21 by JJB

Lennon was actually sued by the publisher of that Chuck Berry song, Morris Levy and eventually settled out of court. Part of the settlement was that he record three other songs that Levy owned. Two appeared on his Rock 'n' Roll album in 1975 but he never released the third which led to another lawsuit against him.

Inspired by (Jimmy Hill Chin-Rub) ... Ripped Off on 23:25 - Jan 18 with 3236 viewsDannyPaddox

For full effect play together
[Post edited 18 Jan 2021 23:33]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024