Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump 09:43 - Oct 27 with 115594 viewsHooparoo

An Australian professor of Data Analytics from Griffith University who predicted Trump’s first win, the Australian Federal Election(when all the polls said the opposite) and Brexit has called it - Trump will be re-elected for another 4 years. You heard it here first.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Trump on 14:00 - Nov 4 with 1713 viewstraininvain

Trump on 13:54 - Nov 4 by Northernr

I have to say, as a side issue, the live updates on the BBC website are fcking atrocious. All about reaction, nothing about facts, figures, what's happened, what's still to happen. "How are European leaders reacting?" "What does the German foreign minister think of this?" "What do these Cuban voters in Florida make of it all?"

Who. Fcking. Cares? When did the fcking vox pop take over journalism? I want facts. I want numbers. I could not give a single fcking sht what the EU's chief diplomat thinks at this moment. I'm getting better updates on this from this bloody thread.

Agree it’s p1ss poor. I’m having to use twitter and Reddit to try and decipher what’s going on.
Trump on 14:01 - Nov 4 with 1712 viewsMrSheen

Trump on 13:43 - Nov 4 by traininvain

Trump’s ahead by 20k in Michigan but the gap is closing with Detroit still to come and cities tend to favour Biden.

The theme in the mid west seems to be Biden closing the gap once mail in ballots have been counted. Trump has a commanding lead in Pennsylvania but it’s not insurmountable.

Georgia is another state which is still very much up for grabs. Atlanta votes yet to be counted and expected to strongly favour Biden.

There has to be a run-off in a Georgia senate seat too, because of a weird system where they let lots of party candidates stand and then run off the top two. Imagine how much money will be poured into that if it it's the casting Senate vote, I think I'd leave the state to get some peace.
Trump on 14:04 - Nov 4 with 1686 viewsNorthernr

Trump on 14:00 - Nov 4 by traininvain

Agree it’s p1ss poor. I’m having to use twitter and Reddit to try and decipher what’s going on.

And the problem is Twitter's helpful new algorithm which shows you stuff it thinks you want to see, out of time order, means I'm occasionally getting something that makes me panic mixed in with stuff that's happening now, not realising that actually it's from eight or nine hours ago.
Trump on 14:06 - Nov 4 with 1673 viewsgobbles

Biden ahead in Michigan and Wisconsin now. Won't need Pennsylvania or Georgia if he gets those two plus Arizona and Nevada
Trump on 14:06 - Nov 4 with 1669 viewsNorthernr

I have to say, as a side issue, the live updates on the BBC website are fcking atrocious. All about reaction, nothing about facts, figures, what's happened, what's still to happen. "How are European leaders reacting?" "What does the German foreign minister think of this?" "What do these Cuban voters in Florida make of it all?"

Who. Fcking. Cares? When did the fcking vox pop take over journalism? I want facts. I want numbers. I could not give a single fcking sht what the EU's chief diplomat thinks at this moment. I'm getting better updates on this from this bloody thread.

Must have heard me. 13.57, first time for several hours, a proper succinct run down of where we are.
Trump on 14:12 - Nov 4 with 1630 viewsTheChef

The Day Today predicted all this...this is the state of mainstream media these days!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Trump on 14:12 - Nov 4 with 1629 viewsqprd

Trump on 14:06 - Nov 4 by Northernr

Must have heard me. 13.57, first time for several hours, a proper succinct run down of where we are.

The election coverage on CNN is quite good. Their political bias aside, they have 2 guys who go through each of the maps and break down voting on a county by county level, often comparing 2020 against 2016 and providing other useful insight.... one of the map guys (John king) is an absolute wizard and is always the MVP of election nite in us
Trump on 14:18 - Nov 4 with 1599 viewsMrSheen

Statastic. US edition from the top right filter if it puts you on the EU site.
https://www.politico.com/
Login to get fewer ads

Trump on 14:19 - Nov 4 with 1594 viewsDannyPaddox

Here’s what the German minister said ...

Edit: looks like me and the chef have served up a double helping of Peter O'Hanraha-hanrahan-Hanraha-hanrahanrahanrahanrahan.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 14:25]
Trump on 14:20 - Nov 4 with 1585 viewsderbyhoop

The pollsters need to have a good look at the models they have been using. Last time out, they didn't give enough credence to the votes of the non College degree voters. It seems they didn't re-weight the models any where near sufficiently.

It's going to boil down to whether the postal votes are as heavily biased towards Biden as has been predicted. If that is the case, Biden will probably take Wisconsin and Michigan which should push him over the line.

Even so, it's a lot closer than most pollsters predicted.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Trump on 14:20 - Nov 4 with 1581 viewspastieR

Trump on 13:38 - Nov 4 by SimonJames

How do you figure that?
As far as I can see, he has to hold onto Wisconsin, and overturn slight leads in either Michigan or North Carolina.

Looking likely that Biden will win narrow victories in Michigan/Wisconsin.
However probably won't be finalized for a while as I believe it takes Nevada a few days to declare.
Unless he manages to scrape a win elsewhere.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 14:21]
Trump on 14:20 - Nov 4 with 1579 viewsNorthernr

Trump on 14:12 - Nov 4 by qprd

The election coverage on CNN is quite good. Their political bias aside, they have 2 guys who go through each of the maps and break down voting on a county by county level, often comparing 2020 against 2016 and providing other useful insight.... one of the map guys (John king) is an absolute wizard and is always the MVP of election nite in us

Yes I've been enjoying him. Absolute machine.
Trump on 14:23 - Nov 4 with 1555 viewsqprd

Trump on 14:20 - Nov 4 by Northernr

Yes I've been enjoying him. Absolute machine.

he is the miroslav klose of political coverage

Don’t know what the f*** he does most of time but once every four years....
Trump on 14:25 - Nov 4 with 1548 viewsmikeygunn

Change the settings to see latest tweets first...
Trump on 14:26 - Nov 4 with 1537 viewsNorthernr

Trump on 14:25 - Nov 4 by mikeygunn

Change the settings to see latest tweets first...

Oooh is that a thing?
Trump on 14:29 - Nov 4 with 1513 viewsmikeygunn

Yeah, top right hand corner on the app. Change to ‘see latest tweet first’. It’s much clearer what’s happening!
Trump on 14:36 - Nov 4 with 1480 viewsA40Bosh

Trump on 14:29 - Nov 4 by mikeygunn

Yeah, top right hand corner on the app. Change to ‘see latest tweet first’. It’s much clearer what’s happening!

Thanks - just did that and what do I get????
"Buoyed By Ball, can QPR back up on the road? Preview......."

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Trump on 14:39 - Nov 4 with 1460 viewsNorthernr

Trump on 14:36 - Nov 4 by A40Bosh

Thanks - just did that and what do I get????
"Buoyed By Ball, can QPR back up on the road? Preview......."

Mickey is doing the Lord's work.
Trump on 14:40 - Nov 4 with 1454 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Trump on 14:12 - Nov 4 by qprd

Agreed. He was superb last night. MSNBC's stats wiz was excellent as well.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Trump on 14:43 - Nov 4 with 1435 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Trump on 14:20 - Nov 4 by pastieR

Looking likely that Biden will win narrow victories in Michigan/Wisconsin.
However probably won't be finalized for a while as I believe it takes Nevada a few days to declare.
Unless he manages to scrape a win elsewhere.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 14:21]

FWIW, assorted comments from 538:

Nevada - Friday likely
Michigan - ditto
Wisconsin - partial recount likely
Georgia - one or two days
N. Carolina - accepting posted ballots until 12 Nov

Trump on 14:47 - Nov 4 with 1418 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Trump on 14:29 - Nov 4 by mikeygunn

Nice! Thanks Mikey.

Trump on 14:59 - Nov 4 with 1361 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Washington Post speculating possible Penn victory for Biden.
That is surprising.

Trump on 15:01 - Nov 4 with 1349 viewsGaryT

Trump on 14:06 - Nov 4 by gobbles

Biden ahead in Michigan and Wisconsin now. Won't need Pennsylvania or Georgia if he gets those two plus Arizona and Nevada

It would be nice if this happens, especially after everything the Republicans have done to stop Pennsylvania from processing the ballots before election day.

https://www.inquirer.com/politics/pennsylvania/election-reform-harrisburg-pennsy

Trump declares votes counted after the polls close as "Fraud", DeJoy Slows the delivery of mail down and removes hundreds of post boxes (along with not allowing processing of mail in ballots before election day), all done specifically to nobble Pennsylvania. The whole thing stinks so how sweet it would be if Biden wins without Pennsylvania and all their cheating was for nothing.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 15:08]
Trump on 15:01 - Nov 4 with 1338 views2Thomas2Bowles

Trump on 14:43 - Nov 4 by BrianMcCarthy

FWIW, assorted comments from 538:

Nevada - Friday likely
Michigan - ditto
Wisconsin - partial recount likely
Georgia - one or two days
N. Carolina - accepting posted ballots until 12 Nov

Wisconsin

Predicting Biden by just 1%

When willl this CV nightmare end