Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump 09:43 - Oct 27 with 114932 viewsHooparoo

An Australian professor of Data Analytics from Griffith University who predicted Trump’s first win, the Australian Federal Election(when all the polls said the opposite) and Brexit has called it - Trump will be re-elected for another 4 years. You heard it here first.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Trump on 05:06 - Oct 28 with 2463 viewsWesty75

Trump on 13:04 - Oct 27 by BucksRanger

I'm amazed that Joe Biden stands even half a chance of getting elected after the information discovered on Hunter Biden's computer. The media majority have done a good job keeping the info off much of the internet but surely as election day gets closer, a lot more will be revealed.

The whole story has been revealed to be a fabrication. Classic Trump playbook a few weeks before the election. The fact that Fox News passed on the story due to there being no substance to it tells you all you need to know about this one. Move on >>>>
Trump on 06:01 - Oct 28 with 2435 viewsstowmarketrange

Trump on 02:57 - Oct 28 by SydneyRs

It could happen, but unlikely for me.

He was paying over 3/1 on betfair a few days ago and has been drifting in the odds despite the vast majority of bets going to Trump. Maybe the bookies have it wrong, we'll see, but drifting odds for someone being heavily backed is counter intuitive.

If Trump does win, then not only God help us all (he's far crazier then 4 years ago) but Everyone working for opinion poll organisations should be fired.

It will all get much worse if he wins again because it will make him and his supporters think that he is still doing a tremendous job.And he’ll have the victory to prove it.
God help us all if he gets in again.
Trump on 07:15 - Oct 28 with 2400 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Trump on 11:40 - Oct 27 by traininvain

I recommend the 538 politics podcast if you want unbiased commentary on polling etc. They include conservative and liberal polling to arrive at their averages.

Some people will point to 2016 as a reason not to believe polls but important to note that the polls were more volatile back then (more undecided voters, uncertainty over Clinton and October surprises hit her hard) and the final result was within the margin of error given by 538.

In 2016, Trump had a c30% chance in the week of the election according to 538 which isn’t insurmountable. The polls this year have been fixed at a similar level (Biden ahead by 10%) for some time. This 10% gap also reflects the approval rating of Trump which has been in the low 40% for most of this year.

Again, I’m not saying it’s impossible for Trump to win and stranger things have happened but it would take some turnaround from here.

Thanks again for the rec on the podcast, TIV.

Really enjoying it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Trump on 07:35 - Oct 28 with 2383 viewstraininvain

Trump on 07:15 - Oct 28 by BrianMcCarthy

Thanks again for the rec on the podcast, TIV.

Really enjoying it.

It’s a good one and new episodes every day until the election. I also recommend watching Obama’s speech from yesterday that had Trump watching and live rage tweeting!
Trump on 08:58 - Oct 28 with 2323 viewstraininvain

The Economist has given Biden a 96% chance of winning the electoral college based on polling, economic and demographic data: https://projects.economist.com/us-2020-forecast/president

Meanwhile, thousands of Trump supporters were left out in the freezing cold without transport following one of his rallies yesterday: https://iowastartingline.com/2020/10/28/trump-supporters-left-stranded-at-freezi

Why do I get the feeling there’s one more surprise left ahead of the election and it’ll go in Trump’s favour?
Trump on 09:40 - Oct 28 with 2287 viewsrobith

Trump on 08:58 - Oct 28 by traininvain

The Economist has given Biden a 96% chance of winning the electoral college based on polling, economic and demographic data: https://projects.economist.com/us-2020-forecast/president

Meanwhile, thousands of Trump supporters were left out in the freezing cold without transport following one of his rallies yesterday: https://iowastartingline.com/2020/10/28/trump-supporters-left-stranded-at-freezi

Why do I get the feeling there’s one more surprise left ahead of the election and it’ll go in Trump’s favour?

It's going to have to be pretty huge - turnout with early voting due to covid is already at 50% of 2016's total turnout
Trump on 10:18 - Oct 28 with 2244 viewsGloryHunter

Trump on 09:40 - Oct 28 by robith

It's going to have to be pretty huge - turnout with early voting due to covid is already at 50% of 2016's total turnout

"Why do I get the feeling there’s one more surprise left ahead of the election and it’ll go in Trump’s favour? "

How about China fancying their chances of getting away with invading Taiwan*, and Trump retaliating by declaring war on Beijing. Then declaring a state of national emergency and cancelling the US elections?

(*Maybe encouraged by fake back-channel comms that the US won't interfere)
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 10:27]
Trump on 10:44 - Oct 28 with 2216 viewsQPR_John

Trump on 06:01 - Oct 28 by stowmarketrange

It will all get much worse if he wins again because it will make him and his supporters think that he is still doing a tremendous job.And he’ll have the victory to prove it.
God help us all if he gets in again.

If he wins wonder if he will considered the two term rule
Login to get fewer ads

Trump on 10:52 - Oct 28 with 2198 viewsGloryHunter

Trump on 10:44 - Oct 28 by QPR_John

If he wins wonder if he will considered the two term rule

He already has. At one rally he started a "Ten more years" chant.
Trump on 10:53 - Oct 28 with 2199 viewsQPR_John

Trump on 10:52 - Oct 28 by GloryHunter

He already has. At one rally he started a "Ten more years" chant.

Frightening!!!!
Trump on 10:58 - Oct 28 with 2185 viewsbosh67

Sadly there are a lot of 'Trump haters' who will walk into the ballot booth and vote Republican!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Trump on 11:07 - Oct 28 with 2159 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trum

Last three polls on this aggregate site show Trump within 5 of the Popular Vote. And he only needs to get within 5 to be in with a chance of the gerrymandered Electoral Vote.

*Polling range for all three 22nd-25th Oct, so it captures a lot of postal votes.

Trump on 12:25 - Oct 28 with 2100 viewsrrrspricey

Trump on 10:58 - Oct 28 by bosh67

Sadly there are a lot of 'Trump haters' who will walk into the ballot booth and vote Republican!

Probably around 50% of the NRA
Trump on 13:21 - Oct 28 with 2043 viewsSimonJames

The Wall Street author and editor of Strategic Intelligence Jim Rickards says that even though the latest betting has Biden with a 65.8% chance of winning compared to a 34.2% for Trump, his models indicate that Trump will have a narrow win.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Trump on 13:32 - Oct 28 with 2033 viewstraininvain

Trump on 13:21 - Oct 28 by SimonJames

The Wall Street author and editor of Strategic Intelligence Jim Rickards says that even though the latest betting has Biden with a 65.8% chance of winning compared to a 34.2% for Trump, his models indicate that Trump will have a narrow win.

A quick look at his Twitter and he’s a big Trump supporter: https://mobile.twitter.com/JamesGRickards?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp
Trump on 13:45 - Oct 28 with 2012 viewstraininvain

Trump on 11:07 - Oct 28 by BrianMcCarthy

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2020/president/us/general_election_trum

Last three polls on this aggregate site show Trump within 5 of the Popular Vote. And he only needs to get within 5 to be in with a chance of the gerrymandered Electoral Vote.

*Polling range for all three 22nd-25th Oct, so it captures a lot of postal votes.

The main route I can see for a Trump win is to take Pennsylvania (while holding Florida, Arizona etc) and the riots in Philadelphia might just help him do this. It would be ironic if the protestors hand Trump the election.

It’s still a long shot as Trump would need to win Arizona (Biden leading in polls), Florida (neck and neck), Texas (Trump marginally ahead), Georgia (Biden ahead) etc.

I’m curious to see what this high voter turnout means. I.e. does it favour Biden or Trump. Normally I’d say it’ll favour the challenger but hard to be sure with Trump.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 13:46]
Trump on 14:54 - Oct 28 with 1937 viewsJuzzie

Trump is turning into a Dictator. You know, the sort of Dictator that the USA happily went marching into other countries to get rid of.
Trump on 15:04 - Oct 28 with 1911 views2Thomas2Bowles

Trump on 14:54 - Oct 28 by Juzzie

Trump is turning into a Dictator. You know, the sort of Dictator that the USA happily went marching into other countries to get rid of.

You mean like Bush and Blair?

And how about Vietnam, Grenada. Was that Trump

He is hardly a dictator of the US, you need to calm down a bit.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 15:11]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Trump on 15:32 - Oct 28 with 1875 viewsSharpy36

Trump on 15:04 - Oct 28 by 2Thomas2Bowles

He`s doing more to stabilise the middle east at this time than many world leaders would achieve in a life time.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Trump on 15:37 - Oct 28 with 1869 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Funny enough - I agree with you both to a degree. He hasn't invaded anywhere, but he is showing extremely autocratic tendencies at home.

Trump on 15:42 - Oct 28 with 1858 viewsKonk

Trump on 15:32 - Oct 28 by Sharpy36

He`s doing more to stabilise the middle east at this time than many world leaders would achieve in a life time.

Yeah, he's done a great job in the Middle-East unless you're a Palestinian, a Kurd or a Saudi dissident journalist. Normalizing relations between Israel and the UAE & Bahrain - the Holy Grail for US and European foreign policy. Remarkable. The Sudanese Government might not even have the authority to normalise relations with Israel.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Trump on 15:51 - Oct 28 with 1831 viewsSharpy36

Trump on 15:42 - Oct 28 by Konk

Yeah, he's done a great job in the Middle-East unless you're a Palestinian, a Kurd or a Saudi dissident journalist. Normalizing relations between Israel and the UAE & Bahrain - the Holy Grail for US and European foreign policy. Remarkable. The Sudanese Government might not even have the authority to normalise relations with Israel.

In regards to Palestine, the work he`s doing with those others you mention is to hopefully put an end to more annexation of the west bank so it`s a, win win surely

Plus you missed of Saudi arabia, quite a big fish, i would say.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 15:56]

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

Trump on 15:57 - Oct 28 with 1818 viewsClive_Anderson

Trump on 15:51 - Oct 28 by Sharpy36

In regards to Palestine, the work he`s doing with those others you mention is to hopefully put an end to more annexation of the west bank so it`s a, win win surely

He's clearly done positive work in the Middle East and also been nominated for the nobel peace prize 3 times.

But it's pointless mentioning anything positive about Trump, because those with Trump Derangement Syndrome will immediately go into a massive rant about it regardless of the facts.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2020 16:01]
Trump on 16:05 - Oct 28 with 1806 viewsGaryT

If you don't think Trump is turning into a dictator, you haven't been paying attention.

In short - https://washingtonmonthly.com/2020/08/29/trumps-message-isnt-confused-hes-promis

10 ways he's becoming a dictator - https://foreignpolicy.com/2020/09/08/10-ways-trump-is-becoming-a-dictator-electi

The problem is, a huge percentage of the US population don't vote or only vote occasionally because they don't think politics affects them. By being disconnected they don't follow politics so haven't been paying attention. Many that do vote follow family/community traditions so they don't need to pay attention which only leaves a small percentage that are actually paying attention. That small percentage is growing for this election but there's a huge number of people that think Trump's done OK (because he says he has) so why not carry on? It goes without saying that most Trump supporters also haven't been paying attention.
Trump on 16:12 - Oct 28 with 1789 viewsKonk

Trump on 15:51 - Oct 28 by Sharpy36

Well, I'm not sure that shifting the US embassy to Jerusalem does a lot for Palestinians. And as below, Netanyahu himself has said that further annexation is simply paused at the moment as part of the normalisation process:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-53770859

"In a TV address Mr Netanyahu said he had "delayed" West Bank annexation plans, but those plans remain "on the table". Annexation would make some West Bank areas officially part of Israel.

"There is no change in my plan to apply our sovereignty to Judea and Samaria [West Bank] in full co-ordination with the US. I'm committed to it. That hasn't changed. I remind you that I was the one who put the issue of sovereignty over Judea and Samaria on the table. This issue remains on the table," he said."

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024