Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump 09:43 - Oct 27 with 114426 viewsHooparoo

An Australian professor of Data Analytics from Griffith University who predicted Trump’s first win, the Australian Federal Election(when all the polls said the opposite) and Brexit has called it - Trump will be re-elected for another 4 years. You heard it here first.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Trump on 02:03 - Jan 9 with 2158 viewseccles

Trump on 23:32 - Jan 8 by Ranger_Things

Trump banned from Twitter.

https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/company/2020/suspension.html

[Post edited 8 Jan 2021 23:34]

4 years too late.
No, actually 6 years too late.
I Wonder how different the World would be if Hilary won.
Trump on 07:30 - Jan 9 with 2044 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Trump on 02:03 - Jan 9 by eccles

4 years too late.

As with the candidates in the last two UK elections, the candidates in the last two US elections have been shockingly poor!

The quality and basic competence and integrity of our political options/leaders globally, have surely never been so poor.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Trump on 11:47 - Jan 9 with 1904 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

4 years too late.

One or all of Syria, Lebanon, Iran, Iraq would probably be slightly flatter and people in Flint would still be drinking water full of Lead.
Trump on 14:04 - Jan 9 with 1817 viewsMatch82

4 years too late.

Equally as interesting is what would have happened if Rubio had beaten Trump in the primaries
Trump on 16:25 - Jan 9 with 1762 viewsJuzzie

Programme on BBC iPlayer about how he got into tweeting.

Loves to dish it out but absolutely cannot take it and behaves like a petulant child if someone dares to say anything to/about him that is remotely similar to what he dishes out on a daily basis.

How does such a person get to be PoTUS, unbelievable (Jeff)
Trump on 14:19 - Jan 12 with 1627 viewsGaryT

8 days to go, impeachment moving forward and the Trumpists are planning another day out (seeing as the last one went so well).

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-01-11/fbi-warns-of-plans-for-nationwide-armed-prot

The irony is the Trumpists believe they are fighting to save their democracy from the radical left whose voters have been brain washed by the fake news. How you go about deprogramming millions of people that believe to their core that everything is a lie I don't know but someone needs to come up with something quick because time is running out.

*EDIT* There's nothing you haven't already seen in the youtube video, just ITV's coverage at the heart of the events.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 14:30]
Trump on 14:20 - Jan 12 with 1620 viewsNorthernr

Trump on 16:25 - Jan 9 by Juzzie

Programme on BBC iPlayer about how he got into tweeting.

Loves to dish it out but absolutely cannot take it and behaves like a petulant child if someone dares to say anything to/about him that is remotely similar to what he dishes out on a daily basis.

How does such a person get to be PoTUS, unbelievable (Jeff)

That is basically 98% of the people on Twitter TBF.
Trump on 15:16 - Jan 12 with 1547 viewsslmrstid

Trump on 14:19 - Jan 12 by GaryT

8 days to go, impeachment moving forward and the Trumpists are planning another day out (seeing as the last one went so well).

https://www.itv.com/news/2021-01-11/fbi-warns-of-plans-for-nationwide-armed-prot

The irony is the Trumpists believe they are fighting to save their democracy from the radical left whose voters have been brain washed by the fake news. How you go about deprogramming millions of people that believe to their core that everything is a lie I don't know but someone needs to come up with something quick because time is running out.

*EDIT* There's nothing you haven't already seen in the youtube video, just ITV's coverage at the heart of the events.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 14:30]

I think its pretty much impossible to deprogram them to be fair.

On a tangent, but me & Mrs recently watched "Behind the Curve" on Netflix, about Flat Earthers, and the mental gymnastics some of these people perform to keep their beliefs the same despite all obvious evidence is astounding.

There's one bit where a group dedicate themselves to perform real science to prove their hypothesis that the Earth is flat. One of their members even spends $20,000 to obtain a super-duper special gyroscope to measure the "rotation" (or not rotation as they see it).

Unfortunately, their experiments keep supporting the fact the earth is a globe, and rather than accept it and rethink their position, they come up with all sorts of extraordinary reasons as to why the equipment is wrong/faulty/giving the wrong results.

Just astounding. And its the same with the dedicated Trumpers.

(There, just about brought it back on topic!)
Login to get fewer ads

Trump on 15:40 - Jan 12 with 1516 viewsBostonR

Trump on 15:16 - Jan 12 by slmrstid

On a tangent, but me & Mrs recently watched "Behind the Curve" on Netflix, about Flat Earthers, and the mental gymnastics some of these people perform to keep their beliefs the same despite all obvious evidence is astounding.

There's one bit where a group dedicate themselves to perform real science to prove their hypothesis that the Earth is flat. One of their members even spends $20,000 to obtain a super-duper special gyroscope to measure the "rotation" (or not rotation as they see it).

Unfortunately, their experiments keep supporting the fact the earth is a globe, and rather than accept it and rethink their position, they come up with all sorts of extraordinary reasons as to why the equipment is wrong/faulty/giving the wrong results.

Brilliant post.

Crazy times indeed in the US and very sad how misinformation feeds millions there. Unfortunately, the US has woken up late to this threat and it's now a generational effort to turn this narrative off.

Having lived in the US (on and off) for many years this "movement" has been allowed to build unchecked. Fox News being front and centre and both sides on the political aisle becoming more aggressive towards each other.

The US has faced enormous internal challenges in its history and has always found a way forward. Out of this disaster is coming some positives:

- Trump is finished. The swamp will devour him along with the DA in NYC.
- The Trump family will find it very difficult to re-mobilise. No-one wants to touch them.
- Corporates reviewing financial/political contributions. A large number of Republican's are in the firing line and their careers are done.
- An admission that all politics in the US needs to change.
- Now, over 100,000 "tip-offs" to the FBI over the Capitol Hill attack.
- Domestic terrorism is now an acknowledged threat.
- It looks like the poor response by the authorities may have been orchestrated as well. Expect a "clear-out" of some of those Police units that sided with the mob.
- A recent poll suggest over 80% of Americans viewed the attack as a direct threat to democracy.

Important 100 day's for Biden.
Trump on 16:36 - Jan 12 with 1460 viewsGaryT

Trump on 15:16 - Jan 12 by slmrstid

An ex colleague of my wife sends her anti vac/covid stuff on a regular basis. She fact checks each claim and then sends him the proof that what he sent her was bollox. Two minutes later (clearly not enough time to read or watch the evidence) he replies with "Well, yeah Ok, there's a few that could be wrong but what about these five other videos?".

I used to think that fact checking a conspiracy theory would be a way of dragging someone out of the fog but when they are up to their eyeballs in videos and websites confirming their viewpoint, the truth is now irrelevant.

I think part of the problem is that to them there is no logic in someone (or some group) making all this stuff up. I'm sure there are individuals who just make shit up for the fun of it but I'd wager a pretty penny on most of it leading back to "Russians interfering in our elections". I'm hoping that one day there will be a very long documentary that shows how the whole thing works and you can follow the trail from Russian/Chinese keyboards, through the network and onto Facebook/Twitter/Youtube etc and maybe, just maybe, when the trail is fully exposed, we'll have something to point at and say "You see, that video is on the list of those proven to be from the Russian disinformation centre".

Of course that will never defeat the "Well, that's what they want you to believe!" people.

Oh well, happy days
Trump on 17:09 - Jan 12 with 1417 viewsqprd

Trump on 07:30 - Jan 9 by PlanetHonneywood

As with the candidates in the last two UK elections, the candidates in the last two US elections have been shockingly poor!

The quality and basic competence and integrity of our political options/leaders globally, have surely never been so poor.

not sure i agree on hilary clinton

she is definitely unlikeable but the notion that she is somehow incompetent, unqualified or lacking integrity is laughable

lacking integrity? yes, like george soros, the fringe right wing media has concocted numerous absolutely rubbish stories about her, her emails, benghazi etc...

not competent? id actually argue she was one of the most qualified candidates we have had in at least 25-30 years.. a yale law grad, successful career in both private and public practice, first lady of us (where she was involved in healthcare legislation, among numerous other initiatives, and stateswoman roles), senator of NY, secretary of state... very few people can speak to so much experience across all branches of government, plus the domestic and international sphere....
Trump on 19:36 - Jan 13 with 1269 viewsGloryHunter

Anyone else watching the Impeachment Proceedings?

Can any American Rs explain why the "Gentleman from Ohio" keeps reserving? What's the tactics?
Trump on 19:38 - Jan 13 with 1262 viewsflynnbo

Trump on 19:36 - Jan 13 by GloryHunter

Anyone else watching the Impeachment Proceedings?

Can any American Rs explain why the "Gentleman from Ohio" keeps reserving? What's the tactics?

I am and think it's so that they can have resounding influential speeches at the end.
Trump on 19:41 - Jan 13 with 1254 viewsGloryHunter

Trump on 19:38 - Jan 13 by flynnbo

I am and think it's so that they can have resounding influential speeches at the end.

So why doesn't the "Gentleman from New York" employ similar tactics?

Or if they both keep reserving, will the speaker just blow the final whistle?
Trump on 19:41 - Jan 13 with 1235 views2Thomas2Bowles

Rightly or wrongly it is a witchhunt.
Has been for 4 years.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Trump on 19:42 - Jan 13 with 1245 viewsflynnbo

Trump on 19:41 - Jan 13 by GloryHunter

The NY guy has more time left. Don't know about your last point though.
Trump on 19:42 - Jan 13 with 1245 viewsGloryHunter

They've both still got roughly the same amount of time left.
Trump on 19:44 - Jan 13 with 1236 viewsflynnbo

Trump on 19:42 - Jan 13 by GloryHunter

They've both still got roughly the same amount of time left.

They may have to fit their speeches in within the hour?
Trump on 19:50 - Jan 13 with 1222 viewsGloryHunter

I have WhatsApp'd my two best American friends, asking what's going on. Neither of them is watching it
Trump on 19:55 - Jan 13 with 1212 viewsdistortR

Trump on 17:09 - Jan 12 by qprd

not sure i agree on hilary clinton

she is definitely unlikeable but the notion that she is somehow incompetent, unqualified or lacking integrity is laughable

lacking integrity? yes, like george soros, the fringe right wing media has concocted numerous absolutely rubbish stories about her, her emails, benghazi etc...

not competent? id actually argue she was one of the most qualified candidates we have had in at least 25-30 years.. a yale law grad, successful career in both private and public practice, first lady of us (where she was involved in healthcare legislation, among numerous other initiatives, and stateswoman roles), senator of NY, secretary of state... very few people can speak to so much experience across all branches of government, plus the domestic and international sphere....

corrupt war-mongerer.

My enemies enemy is not necessarily my friend
Trump on 20:05 - Jan 13 with 1184 viewsGloryHunter

Trump on 19:44 - Jan 13 by flynnbo

They may have to fit their speeches in within the hour?

As time gets shorter, both sides seem to be giving LESS time to speakers. Now down to mostly 30 seconds each. So no rabble-rousing big speeches to conclude? Dunno. I wish CNN would provide a commentary.

Americans do tend to assume that everyone else is familiar with their practices - and use of language.
Trump on 20:08 - Jan 13 with 1182 viewsflynnbo

Trump on 20:05 - Jan 13 by GloryHunter

As time gets shorter, both sides seem to be giving LESS time to speakers. Now down to mostly 30 seconds each. So no rabble-rousing big speeches to conclude? Dunno. I wish CNN would provide a commentary.

Americans do tend to assume that everyone else is familiar with their practices - and use of language.

I really don't know (as I'm sure you've noticed) but it's fascinating stuff! CNN will hopefully explain all.
Trump on 20:16 - Jan 13 with 1168 viewsJamesB1979

Trump on 19:41 - Jan 13 by GloryHunter

And why do they only get 30 seconds to speak some of them? Doesn’t exactly give you much time to state your argument.
Trump on 20:22 - Jan 13 with 1154 viewsGloryHunter

Trump on 20:16 - Jan 13 by JamesB1979

And why do they only get 30 seconds to speak some of them? Doesn’t exactly give you much time to state your argument.

It was two minutes when I started watching. I guess they put the big guns up first. Like taking the first few penalties.
Trump on 20:28 - Jan 13 with 1144 viewsMatch82

Trump on 20:05 - Jan 13 by GloryHunter

To be fair it must be what Americans think when they watch our parlimentary sessions!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024