Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Trump 09:43 - Oct 27 with 114412 viewsHooparoo

An Australian professor of Data Analytics from Griffith University who predicted Trump’s first win, the Australian Federal Election(when all the polls said the opposite) and Brexit has called it - Trump will be re-elected for another 4 years. You heard it here first.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Trump on 21:52 - Nov 3 with 2315 viewsGloryHunter

Trump on 00:22 - Nov 3 by Match82

Agree that Biden was the most neutral and least controversial character that the democrat party could put up. Entirely disagree that most ordinary people are "pro trump". There's a very small proportion of the country who are "pro trump" (and for that matter not many who are "pro Biden") and vast swathes of the country who are voting democrat/republican regardless of the candidate. I have friends voting for both parties. The ones voting for Trump despise him as a person and a leader but their party beliefs (pro life, pro business) mean they would vote for whoever was on that republican ticket

"Agree that Biden was the most neutral and least controversial character that the democrat party could put up."

The odd thing for me about US elections is that the opposition doesn't have a recognised "leader" who might be elected to replace the sitting president. They've had three years of Trump, and then in the fourth year the Democrats decide to have a competition to choose a candidate for President. As though it hadn't occurred to them before.

It makes me think of people in supermarket check-out queues who pack all their shopping back in the basket, and then the guy tells them how much the bill is, and only then do they start looking for their purse or wallet to pay. They've had ten minutes waiting for that - why was it such a surprise?
Trump on 22:19 - Nov 3 with 2263 viewsRanger_Things

GOP Vermont governor votes for Biden
Gov. Phil Scott (R-Vt.) told reporters after he cast his ballot that he voted for Biden, becoming the first incumbent Republican governor to publicly reveal a vote for the Democratic candidate.

A Trump critic, Scott had said previously he wouldn’t vote for the president, but it was unclear if he would write in another name, like other anti-Trump Republican officials have done.

“It’s been a bit of a struggle for me, but I ended up voting for Joe Biden,” he told reporters, according to Seven Days, a Vermont newspaper.

Scott told reporters this was the first time he supported a Democratic presidential candidate.

“So I had to do some soul-searching,” he said.

Scott didn’t vote for Trump in 2016, and he announced in August that he would again not vote for the Republican at the top of the ticket, but at the time said he hadn’t decided whether he would cast a ballot for Biden.
Trump on 22:45 - Nov 3 with 2215 viewsGloryHunter

Trump on 13:29 - Nov 3 by qprd

This isnt just a federal election- state and local elections are taking place, too. I voted (absentee) for biden, a senate seat and a house seat (all federal govt elections)... but i also voted for my towns board of education, state wide positions and for statewide referendum (eg my state was doing a marijuana legalization referendum among others)... all of these items appeared on the same ballot

it is a quirk of the US system, but then again, the electoral college is a quirk which exists bc of the notion of states' rights....

even at the federal level, most states allocate all electoral votes to the candidate who wins the overall vote in a specific state... but states like nebraska and maine actually split their electoral votes, so you can have a situation in which trump can win some nebraska electoral votes and biden the others

there are valid arguments for standardization... in most years, these quirks dont matter bc theres a decisive winner and you can determine the winner on election night... obviously this year is different bc of the volume of mail in votes due to pandemic and b/c trump/republicans are actively trying to stop mail in voting (b/c they believe that more dems will mail in their votes than republicans)... theyve already tried to throw out 100s of thousands votes in texas, pennyslvania and north carolina

https://www.npr.org/2020/11/02/930365888/federal-judge-dismisses-effort-to-throw

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/28/us/supreme-court-pennsylvania-north-carolina-
[Post edited 3 Nov 2020 13:30]

Thanks for that, mate. So in the event that the Democrats were to sweep the board, is there any chance they might reform the voting system to make it fair?
Trump on 07:32 - Nov 4 with 1976 views2Thomas2Bowles

Trump just said .. going to the supreme court to stop election or stop the counting of votes
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 7:35]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Trump on 08:01 - Nov 4 with 1917 viewsLythamR

Trump on 07:32 - Nov 4 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Trump just said .. going to the supreme court to stop election or stop the counting of votes
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 7:35]

unsurprisingly crazy, from what i see it looks like he is going to win it anyway, unless he knows something he shouldnt about the mail in ballots still to be counted
Trump on 08:08 - Nov 4 with 1900 viewsnix

Trump wins Ohio and Missouri, which usually chooses the eventual winner. Going to the wire. It looks like people's concerns about the economy may carry him over despite the CV shambles.
Trump on 08:10 - Nov 4 with 1896 viewsJuzzie

Trump on 08:01 - Nov 4 by LythamR

unsurprisingly crazy, from what i see it looks like he is going to win it anyway, unless he knows something he shouldnt about the mail in ballots still to be counted

In the video above it said a lot of Biden voters will more than likely have voted by post so if that’s the case it’s no surprise he want the counting stopped while it’s currently in his favour.

He may yet win, even if marginally, but postal voting is part of the electoral process so has to take its full course. The fact its taking longer this time, mainly due to coronavirus, is irrelevant.
Trump on 08:16 - Nov 4 with 1874 viewstraininvain

Biden’s won Arizona which is big. He can now win without Pennsylvania if he wins Wisconsin and Michigan.

It’s going to be close. Main takeaway is that trump would’ve walked this without Covid.
Login to get fewer ads

Trump on 08:19 - Nov 4 with 1863 viewsWatford_Ranger

Desperately trying to stop millions of votes counting in the name of democracy. Grim. Not that we’re any better.
Trump on 08:24 - Nov 4 with 1819 views2Thomas2Bowles

Very much the postal vote will decide it, it favours Biden but who knows but Trump has always feared the postal vote.

Trump on 08:26 - Nov 4 with 1828 viewsNorthernr

Next time somebody presents me with a political opinion poll they will cordially be invited to get in the fcking sea.
Trump on 08:37 - Nov 4 with 1787 viewsMrSheen

Hundreds, if not thousands, of elections across the country and about ten changes.

On Clive's point, I've got to 56 and never been contacted by an opinion poller. Do they just ring each other up?

PPS, if you think this is the worst mess ever, put a wet towel on your head, set aside 30 minutes and read this.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1876_United_States_presidential_election
Better still, read Gore Vidal's 1876.
[Post edited 4 Nov 2020 8:41]
Trump on 08:41 - Nov 4 with 1770 viewsR_from_afar

The USA has now officially left the Paris Climate accord, a huge setback in the fight against climate change.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Trump on 09:09 - Nov 4 with 1695 viewsbosh67

This all feels very predictable.

We hate Trump, he's a moron, loose canon, doesn't speak for me, not my President, embarrassment, crazy loon, monster...

So who did you vote for?

... Well despite that we still voted Republican.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Trump on 09:11 - Nov 4 with 1692 viewsGaryT

Wisconsin, North Carolina and Georgia look like going to Trump. Biden needs a big blue shift in Michigan and Pennsylvania. Everyone's attention is on Pennsylvania so if Trump concentrates his lawyers on Michigan, he could win.

I don't get it, what are the Americans seeing in Trump that the rest of us aren't seeing? Apart from shooting somebody in fifth avenue, he's done everything that would normally cost you the presidency. I don't get it.
Trump on 09:13 - Nov 4 with 1683 viewstraininvain

Trump on 08:26 - Nov 4 by Northernr

Next time somebody presents me with a political opinion poll they will cordially be invited to get in the fcking sea.

Hate to be that guy but if polls were super accurate we wouldn’t bother having elections. They’re usually a good bellwether in this country. US much more unpredictable, not sure if that’s because of how many voters there are or what.

Anyway, Biden is going to win and if he has any sense he’ll reach across the aisle. A shitload of people have voted for Trump.
Trump on 09:19 - Nov 4 with 1656 viewsDavieQPR

Maybe when you improve the economy, improve employment, stop jobs going abroad and put money in the pocket of ordinary Americans they like that. Even if it does upset the establishment and high tech companies. Still they have taken the unprecedented step to stop counting votes until later causing more chaos.
Trump on 09:20 - Nov 4 with 1656 viewsTheChef

Trump on 09:09 - Nov 4 by bosh67

This all feels very predictable.

We hate Trump, he's a moron, loose canon, doesn't speak for me, not my President, embarrassment, crazy loon, monster...

So who did you vote for?

... Well despite that we still voted Republican.

Well, when you have the democratic equivalent of the Pepsi Challenge...

I've always found it bizarre how in the US it comes down to a choice between two candidates.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Trump on 09:33 - Nov 4 with 1599 viewswood_hoop

Trump on 09:13 - Nov 4 by traininvain

Hate to be that guy but if polls were super accurate we wouldn’t bother having elections. They’re usually a good bellwether in this country. US much more unpredictable, not sure if that’s because of how many voters there are or what.

Anyway, Biden is going to win and if he has any sense he’ll reach across the aisle. A shitload of people have voted for Trump.

Watching the news channels this morning it seems there are a fair amount of 'shy Trump voters' , no wonder the pollsters seem to not give accurate figures.

If it comes to hiding your political affiliations just what kind of politicians are being produced? , were not much better this side of the pond, we have it seems the 'shy Tory vote' is this because that voters are now actually believing wholly the monetary guff produced as policies and the fear mongering based on complete lies,

Pollsters say they use a 2-3% swing in their calculations, better adjust that to 20-30%.
Trump on 09:38 - Nov 4 with 1574 viewsfrancisbowles

Trump on 21:52 - Nov 3 by GloryHunter

"Agree that Biden was the most neutral and least controversial character that the democrat party could put up."

The odd thing for me about US elections is that the opposition doesn't have a recognised "leader" who might be elected to replace the sitting president. They've had three years of Trump, and then in the fourth year the Democrats decide to have a competition to choose a candidate for President. As though it hadn't occurred to them before.

It makes me think of people in supermarket check-out queues who pack all their shopping back in the basket, and then the guy tells them how much the bill is, and only then do they start looking for their purse or wallet to pay. They've had ten minutes waiting for that - why was it such a surprise?

I'm no expert on the USA election process but isn't that the way they do things. Both parties have a process of 'primaries' where they get to choose a candidate for the presidency.

I believe that even a sitting president has to be selected over others from his party who wish to become their party's nomination for the presidency.
Trump on 09:43 - Nov 4 with 1556 viewsGaryT

With 7% of votes left to count, Wisconsin looked like it was going to Trump but now that 95% have been counted, it's swung back to Biden. Blimey, it does look like a huge percentage of mail in votes went to Biden.
Trump on 09:52 - Nov 4 with 1511 views2Thomas2Bowles

Trump on 09:43 - Nov 4 by GaryT

With 7% of votes left to count, Wisconsin looked like it was going to Trump but now that 95% have been counted, it's swung back to Biden. Blimey, it does look like a huge percentage of mail in votes went to Biden.

In about 2 hours the result should be known there.

Trump on 10:02 - Nov 4 with 1491 viewstraininvain

Trump on 09:43 - Nov 4 by GaryT

Expect the same in Michigan and Pennsylvania but I think the latter will go to trump as Biden had a lower lead in the polls.

Georgia looks interesting. If Biden flips Georgia and holds his lead in Arizona, Nevada and Wisconsin then he’ll only need Michigan I think.
Trump on 10:10 - Nov 4 with 1448 viewsDannyPaddox

Trump on 09:13 - Nov 4 by traininvain

A load of shít people have voted for Trump you say.
Trump on 10:15 - Nov 4 with 1433 viewsMrSheen

There's a shifting of the plates under the surface. Starr County in Texas, right on the border, has the highest proportion of Latino voters in the country, about 90%. It went for Clinton by 60% in 2016, for Biden by 5% this time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024