Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loftus Road back Open 12:03 - Oct 27 with 3921 viewsdaveB

So for Saturday you can buy tickets to go in the C Club, get a meal and drinks £64.95 per person with upto 6 people per table and then watch the game on the big screen.

Loftus Road back Open on 12:10 - Oct 27 with 2792 viewsPinnerPaul

Lots of clubs exploiting this daft loophole now.

However you feel about the risks of CV, to allow folks inside to watch the game whilst denying the same outside, when all the other restrictions are about minimising risk whilst inside is just daft.
Loftus Road back Open on 12:23 - Oct 27 with 2729 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Loftus Road back Open on 12:10 - Oct 27 by PinnerPaul

However you feel about the risks of CV, to allow folks inside to watch the game whilst denying the same outside, when all the other restrictions are about minimising risk whilst inside is just daft.

Agreed.

I try not to get too caught up in these inconsistencies. You'd go mad if you did.

But couldn't agree with you more on this one.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Loftus Road back Open on 12:25 - Oct 27 with 2714 viewsLongsufferingR

I suppose the advantage of being in the restaurant is if we go 3 down, you could just turn over to watch the racing instead.
Loftus Road back Open on 12:25 - Oct 27 with 2711 viewsDevon_4_England

It puts pressure on the Government if all Clubs adopt this strategy - a similar rationale to watching football in the cinema.

Clubs need revenue urgently and it will be small numbers of tables due to limited space & social distancing needing to be in place.

Can see why some fans will react negatively to this news but am sure we’ll still sell out the space we’re allowed to sell.
Loftus Road back Open on 12:30 - Oct 27 with 2672 viewsPinnerPaul

Loftus Road back Open on 12:25 - Oct 27 by Devon_4_England

It puts pressure on the Government if all Clubs adopt this strategy - a similar rationale to watching football in the cinema.

Clubs need revenue urgently and it will be small numbers of tables due to limited space & social distancing needing to be in place.

Can see why some fans will react negatively to this news but am sure we’ll still sell out the space we’re allowed to sell.

I'm not reacting negatively to the club and if someone wanted to invite me I would go - as I said on the 'Would you go back tomorrow...' thread.

However as Brian says its just another mad inconsistency in our mad world at the moment!
Loftus Road back Open on 12:31 - Oct 27 with 2667 viewsThe_Beast1976

Loftus Road back Open on 12:23 - Oct 27 by BrianMcCarthy

Agreed.

I try not to get too caught up in these inconsistencies. You'd go mad if you did.

But couldn't agree with you more on this one.

Likewise. I guess that's the law for you - full of loopholes to be exploited. Wonder if the Govt will get involved if this happens across the country?
[Post edited 27 Oct 2020 12:47]
Loftus Road back Open on 12:32 - Oct 27 with 2664 viewsmakaveli1882

£77.94 with vat for 2 beers and 3 course meal, plus most people have already paid for the game access through season tickets.
Loftus Road back Open on 12:38 - Oct 27 with 2639 viewsDevon_4_England

Loftus Road back Open on 12:30 - Oct 27 by PinnerPaul

I'm not reacting negatively to the club and if someone wanted to invite me I would go - as I said on the 'Would you go back tomorrow...' thread.

However as Brian says its just another mad inconsistency in our mad world at the moment!

Agree. Hugely inconsistent strategy.
Login to get fewer ads

Loftus Road back Open on 12:38 - Oct 27 with 2634 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Loftus Road back Open on 12:32 - Oct 27 by makaveli1882

£77.94 with vat for 2 beers and 3 course meal, plus most people have already paid for the game access through season tickets.

I'm sure you'll agree that the end justifies the means.

Loftus Road back Open on 12:40 - Oct 27 with 2619 viewsdaveB

I think it's just clubs trying to put pressure on to say look we can do this with no issues so why not go further.
Loftus Road back Open on 12:48 - Oct 27 with 2564 viewsDannyPaddox

Can we not go further down the rabbit-hole/loophole and have the tables set up on the touch line and at the front of the paddocks - and seriously why can’t they use the boxes - the executive ones not the penalty areas - although fk it - stick a couple of dinner tables in each 6 yard box - it’s not as if either team will be gaining an unfair advantage.
Loftus Road back Open on 12:49 - Oct 27 with 2561 viewsLythamR

Loftus Road back Open on 12:40 - Oct 27 by daveB

I think it's just clubs trying to put pressure on to say look we can do this with no issues so why not go further.

How do the club know there will be no issues? are they going to test people on the way in?

or are they relying on the laughable idea that having a "substantial meal" somehow stops transmission
Loftus Road back Open on 12:54 - Oct 27 with 2534 viewsMatch82

Closest I can come to logic here is that it's a numbers game. 50 people in a room? Reasonable chance nobody in the room has covid. 20,000 in a stadium? Most likely at least 20 people, probably significantly more, that have COVID. Even with social distancing that's a lot of possible exposure.

And it's easier for them to draw a line and say "no stadiums" than have an arbitrary cut off that someone will argue with. We had a thread the other day about two non league teams playing and if the fixture was the other way round it would change whether crowds were allowed. Imagine if they said stadiums under 20,000 at 50% only or something to limit exposure. Would create a ton of inequity in the same division.

Not saying this is the right action and not defending the way this has been dealt with. I think there's a way of doing this better, just trying to think what the rationale might have been
Loftus Road back Open on 13:12 - Oct 27 with 2479 viewsmakaveli1882

Loftus Road back Open on 12:38 - Oct 27 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm sure you'll agree that the end justifies the means.

Bri if it helps pay for our coach to Paddington and the VIP
carriage to Plymouth then I'm all for it.

Lots of clubs are trying it now so why not Rangers but no mention of a discount if you have already paid for the match through the season ticket schemes, and lets face it any nutters that are in the C Club on saturday will be season ticket holders..... - £7.94 for the beers means £70 for the meal basically.
Loftus Road back Open on 13:30 - Oct 27 with 2390 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Or watch the stream with some 'Grutte Pier Bock' 8% £2.24 currently on Beerwulf " clear spicy character of anice and cinnamon" and be utterly shitfaced for the price of 3 pishey lagers.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Loftus Road back Open on 13:32 - Oct 27 with 2376 viewsted_hendrix

Loftus Road back Open on 12:49 - Oct 27 by LythamR

How do the club know there will be no issues? are they going to test people on the way in?

or are they relying on the laughable idea that having a "substantial meal" somehow stops transmission

It's a no, no and thrice no from me.

If anybody's interested you can check the daily death and infection rate figures that are updated circa 4.30pm everyday, you'll notice that they are both rising not going down.

GOV.UK Corona virus (Covid-19) in the UK.

Stay safe etcetera

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Loftus Road back Open on 13:36 - Oct 27 with 2350 viewsdaveB

Loftus Road back Open on 12:49 - Oct 27 by LythamR

I'm assuming there will be no issues as of course they don't know for sure
Loftus Road back Open on 13:38 - Oct 27 with 2339 viewsdaveB

Loftus Road back Open on 12:54 - Oct 27 by Match82

Closest I can come to logic here is that it's a numbers game. 50 people in a room? Reasonable chance nobody in the room has covid. 20,000 in a stadium? Most likely at least 20 people, probably significantly more, that have COVID. Even with social distancing that's a lot of possible exposure.

And it's easier for them to draw a line and say "no stadiums" than have an arbitrary cut off that someone will argue with. We had a thread the other day about two non league teams playing and if the fixture was the other way round it would change whether crowds were allowed. Imagine if they said stadiums under 20,000 at 50% only or something to limit exposure. Would create a ton of inequity in the same division.

Not saying this is the right action and not defending the way this has been dealt with. I think there's a way of doing this better, just trying to think what the rationale might have been

I don't think anyone is suggesting allow 20,000 in, that would be a step too far but 4-5,000 in stadiums all spread out across the stadium should be doable.
Loftus Road back Open on 13:53 - Oct 27 with 2290 viewsmakaveli1882

In regards to the food in the hospitality bit it's pretty decent, shame they have not posted the menu.
Loftus Road back Open on 14:06 - Oct 27 with 2254 viewsjoe90

Hold on, so we're playing at home to Cardiff and you can have meal in the ground and watch the game on TV?

I thought there were box's that look out over the pitch? Why aren't they being used? Why would you go to the ground to watch the game on telly?
Loftus Road back Open on 14:12 - Oct 27 with 2221 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Loftus Road back Open on 13:12 - Oct 27 by makaveli1882

Bri if it helps pay for our coach to Paddington and the VIP
carriage to Plymouth then I'm all for it.

Lots of clubs are trying it now so why not Rangers but no mention of a discount if you have already paid for the match through the season ticket schemes, and lets face it any nutters that are in the C Club on saturday will be season ticket holders..... - £7.94 for the beers means £70 for the meal basically.

I was only cracking a joke based on your user name, sorry!

Loftus Road back Open on 14:13 - Oct 27 with 2216 viewsDannyPaddox

Loftus Road back Open on 13:30 - Oct 27 by Metallica_Hoop

Or watch the stream with some 'Grutte Pier Bock' 8% £2.24 currently on Beerwulf " clear spicy character of anice and cinnamon" and be utterly shitfaced for the price of 3 pishey lagers.

Loftus Road back Open on 14:16 - Oct 27 with 2193 viewslightwaterhoop

Loftus Road back Open on 14:06 - Oct 27 by joe90

Hold on, so we're playing at home to Cardiff and you can have meal in the ground and watch the game on TV?

I thought there were box's that look out over the pitch? Why aren't they being used? Why would you go to the ground to watch the game on telly?

Believe it or not i think they draw the curtains so you cant see the pitch! at least that is what
they do at Wealdstone FC.
Loftus Road back Open on 14:18 - Oct 27 with 2180 viewsPinnerPaul

Loftus Road back Open on 12:54 - Oct 27 by Match82

Well we couldn't get 20,000 in before so unlikely to now but 1,000 or so socially distanced outside HAS to be an acceptable risk - no?
Loftus Road back Open on 14:18 - Oct 27 with 2180 viewsPaddyhoops

Loftus Road back Open on 12:25 - Oct 27 by LongsufferingR

I suppose the advantage of being in the restaurant is if we go 3 down, you could just turn over to watch the racing instead.

The racing it is then! Giddy up!!.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024