Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Natural Honey 13:38 - Nov 6 with 2349 viewsenfieldargh

I'm a bit of a Honey Fiend.

Not the adulterated stuff found on most supermarket shelves that are a blend of honeys quite often sourced from China with who knows what added to the honey but the 100% natural stuff.

I just got a small batch of Borage Honey from Black Mountain Honey, North Wales, its totally delicious. Not too runny, honey crystal clear and tastes wonderful.

Something to sweeten up your week a bit more after Bonne Bonne's winner

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Natural Honey on 14:07 - Nov 6 with 1679 viewsBoston

Horrible stuff, reminds me of wallpaper glue.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Natural Honey on 14:12 - Nov 6 with 1668 viewsloftboy

Always bring some back from Rhodes, they do some great varieties in the Bee museum shop. Sometimes when driving through the mountains there will be local sellers in the lay-bys. Love it on porridge and yoghurt.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Natural Honey on 14:23 - Nov 6 with 1655 viewsDannyPaddox

Natural Honey on 14:07 - Nov 6 by Boston

Horrible stuff, reminds me of wallpaper glue.

Have you tried sniffing it?
Natural Honey on 14:29 - Nov 6 with 1634 viewsessextaxiboy

Years ago we went to Egypt on holiday 10 of us in total
,al ady passenger advised me to take a teaspoon of manuka honey every morning . Only me and my middle son did so . The only two who didnt spend a day in the room with the shivers and sh@ts ...
Natural Honey on 14:40 - Nov 6 with 1610 viewsted_hendrix

Local honey for hay fever sufferers.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Natural Honey on 14:40 - Nov 6 with 1610 viewsflynnbo

Natural Honey on 14:29 - Nov 6 by essextaxiboy

Years ago we went to Egypt on holiday 10 of us in total
,al ady passenger advised me to take a teaspoon of manuka honey every morning . Only me and my middle son did so . The only two who didnt spend a day in the room with the shivers and sh@ts ...

I do the same every morning, Think I heard Jonathan Agnew recommends it too.
Natural Honey on 14:47 - Nov 6 with 1597 viewsMick_S

Natural Honey on 14:40 - Nov 6 by ted_hendrix

Local honey for hay fever sufferers.

Ted, I've mentioned this to my son who suffers with hayfever - does it work? He won't listen to me about this for a couple more years, but any extra ammo may help.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Natural Honey on 14:48 - Nov 6 with 1592 viewsBoston

Natural Honey on 14:23 - Nov 6 by DannyPaddox

Have you tried sniffing it?

That a recommendation?

Login to get fewer ads

Natural Honey on 14:52 - Nov 6 with 1582 viewsMick_S

Natural Honey on 14:48 - Nov 6 by Boston

That a recommendation?

Natural Honey on 14:55 - Nov 6 with 1572 viewsMick_S

Natural Honey on 14:40 - Nov 6 by flynnbo

I do the same every morning, Think I heard Jonathan Agnew recommends it too.

Any recommendations - there are some expensive options out there!

Natural Honey on 15:29 - Nov 6 with 1529 viewsDannyPaddox

Natural Honey on 14:48 - Nov 6 by Boston

That a recommendation?

Indeed squire. You'll find a primary aroma of UHU with a hint of air-fix model giving way to top-notes of oblivion and cerebral atrophy.

Natural Honey on 15:34 - Nov 6 with 1521 viewsted_hendrix

Natural Honey on 14:47 - Nov 6 by Mick_S

Ted, I've mentioned this to my son who suffers with hayfever - does it work? He won't listen to me about this for a couple more years, but any extra ammo may help.

Mate it was recommended to me by my eldest son who's a long time hay fever sufferer whereby I only started getting hay fever a few years ago (and bloody asthma).
Most doctors would probably recommend local honey (it's all to do with the pollen).

Manuka honey is not only brilliant it's also bloody expensive

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Natural Honey on 15:42 - Nov 6 with 1506 viewsLblock

Manuka honey is elixir from the Gods... the proper purity stuff charged accordingly, but it's brilliant.

Our youngest dog was attacked about 10 weeks ago and had a nasty puncture wound.
Washed out with salt water then daily applied the honey, put him in a QPR shirt (probably worse than the bite pain for him!) and within two weeks he was right as rain.

No vet bill.

Sweet as.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Natural Honey on 15:51 - Nov 6 with 1490 viewsR_from_afar

Honey is supposed to be the only foodstuff which never goes off. I love the stuff.

I haven't tried any of it but my French cousin has now started bee keeping.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Natural Honey on 16:00 - Nov 6 with 1481 viewsloftboy

Another tip, if it solidifies in the jar place the jar in a jug of boiling water for twenty minutes and it goes runny again.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Natural Honey on 16:16 - Nov 6 with 1455 viewscolinallcars

I always leave a jar on the kitchen table. So when I get home I call out “Hi honey, I'm home”.
Natural Honey on 16:19 - Nov 6 with 1452 viewsJuzzie

Got a couple of 1L bottles of the stuff from Kyrgyzstan about 5 years ago. One bottle was not quite runny but not solid either, the other was more solid/crystalline and both tasted wonderful. Took a couple of years to get through. Yum.
Natural Honey on 16:21 - Nov 6 with 1446 viewsWokingR

What is this, f*cking mums net ?
Natural Honey on 16:22 - Nov 6 with 1444 viewsWoog

Natural Honey on 15:42 - Nov 6 by Lblock

Manuka honey is elixir from the Gods... the proper purity stuff charged accordingly, but it's brilliant.

Our youngest dog was attacked about 10 weeks ago and had a nasty puncture wound.
Washed out with salt water then daily applied the honey, put him in a QPR shirt (probably worse than the bite pain for him!) and within two weeks he was right as rain.

No vet bill.

Sweet as.

My dad (god rest, ex-R's season ticket holder) had nasty open wounds on both legs a few years back.
He applied manuka honey to the wounds, then dressed them. He left the dressings on for 2 weeks (didn't renew them or apply more honey). When he removed the dressings his legs were totally healed.
Natural Honey on 16:30 - Nov 6 with 1433 viewsBoston

Natural Honey on 16:21 - Nov 6 by WokingR

We are the Rangers girls.

Natural Honey on 16:59 - Nov 6 with 1388 viewsWokingR

Natural Honey on 16:30 - Nov 6 by Boston

We are the Rangers girls.

My 9 year old daughter used to sing that
When we sang We are the Rangers Boys, Stand up and make some noise,
her version was We are the Rangers Girls, Stand up and do a twirl.
Natural Honey on 17:31 - Nov 6 with 1361 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I have honey on my cereal everyday. I must confess to getting the Morrisons own brand (blend of eu and non eu stuff) on the whole.

Occasionally I treat myself to something more special and whenever I go away somewhere I always try to source a nice locally produced honey to bring home with me.

I was in Bridport last month and went in a small food and spice shop called Fruits of Earth. Great little place. I was barked at by the owner for not noticing the 'one in one out' sign near the entrance. Distracted by all the beautiful produce. I apologised when it was my turn to go in and the anger soon drained from his face. He gave me a knowing look when I plonked a jar of West Dorset Honey produced by C. A. Brown, Bridport on the counter. Totally delicious it is too!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Natural Honey on 17:47 - Nov 6 with 1338 viewsR_from_afar

Natural Honey on 16:21 - Nov 6 by WokingR

Tune in next week for our top ironing tips!

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Natural Honey on 18:32 - Nov 6 with 1313 viewsCiderwithRsie

Natural Honey on 15:34 - Nov 6 by ted_hendrix

Mate it was recommended to me by my eldest son who's a long time hay fever sufferer whereby I only started getting hay fever a few years ago (and bloody asthma).
Most doctors would probably recommend local honey (it's all to do with the pollen).

Manuka honey is not only brilliant it's also bloody expensive

A bee-keeper told me that before it's healing qualities were discovered, manuka honey was considered the lowest quality honey in New Zealand - it was the stuff you had to more or less give away. He was always hoping that someone would discover a heath benefit for ivy honey as that was the least sought-after British honey.

He also maintained that all monies give you some of the benefits of Manuka, it's just that Manuka s the best, so a spoonful of any honey is better than nothing. I'm sure you're right on the local honey. My personal favourites are from bees kept in apple orchards.
Natural Honey on 19:02 - Nov 6 with 1286 viewsbollockchops

Natural Honey on 15:42 - Nov 6 by Lblock

No vet bill.

Sweet as.

that shirt is like the TURIN shroud.......all hail the shirt
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024