Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What happens if we keep playing Cameron and Ball together? 19:42 - Nov 21 with 2556 viewsdublinr

Good result today. Very pleasing.

One worry though. I think we should be alternating Cameron and Ball. Playing them together is going to knacker them and risks injury to one or both. And that would leave us with? Bettache? A big ask for him.

There's been lots of talk of squad rotation, the fixture pile up etc, but if we play c and b together again this week, I'll be getting seriously worried.

What happens if we keep playing Cameron and Ball together? on 19:48 - Nov 21 with 2529 viewsNed_Kennedys

Thought both did well today but I wouldn’t start both of them together for home games. Willock shpuldve started, Chair in the middle and LTC further back.
What happens if we keep playing Cameron and Ball together? on 19:49 - Nov 21 with 2517 viewsNoelmc

Agree in most cases, although against the top teams in this league as per today, I’m ok with it. I’d be disappointed if they both start on Tuesday and think it’s a good idea to rotate them. I suspect when Thomas is fit only one of them will start.
What happens if we keep playing Cameron and Ball together? on 21:10 - Nov 21 with 2424 viewsswisscottage

I quite like them both, they know how to stick the boot in.

I like Ball's ability to receive, turn and go forward with the ball, and feel he offers a little more than Cameron does with our style of play.

Cameron's positioning is better defensively though and he covers the back four pretty well but that might be that Ball has more licence to go forward.

The one thing they have in common though is that both player's distribution is wildly inconsistent, and incredibly frustrating at times.
[Post edited 21 Nov 2020 21:20]
What happens if we keep playing Cameron and Ball together? on 23:37 - Nov 21 with 2319 viewsTheChef

Ideally should be Carroll as first choice as DM. Think we're a bit negative when he starts as one of the three behind the striker. We looked a lot better when Willock came on and Carroll moved back.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

What happens if we keep playing Cameron and Ball together? on 00:01 - Nov 22 with 2290 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I don't know where to start with this.
They didn't play together today.
Ball played at 10 (forward presser, if you like) and was often our furthest forward player.
Ball, offside.
Ball, dummy stepover.
Ball, furthest forward.
I love the lad, but at 10...?

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

What happens if we keep playing Cameron and Ball together? on 00:07 - Nov 22 with 2269 viewsqpr_1968

give them until christmas.

cameron and ball christmas special.....got a nice ring to it.

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

What happens if we keep playing Cameron and Ball together? on 00:29 - Nov 22 with 2240 viewsqprd

What happens if we keep playing Cameron and Ball together? on 00:01 - Nov 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Ball played at 10 (forward presser, if you like) and was often our furthest forward player.
Ball, offside.
Ball, dummy stepover.
Ball, furthest forward.

I’m with you Brian

Thought warbs got it wrong tactically and personnel wise playing ball in the Amos role

Tactically didn’t need one of your better defensive midfielders pressing watford who were playing through our midfield and straight into our final third... think he would’ve been more useful deeper to break up those counterattack king sequences

Also don’t think ball is meant for the attacking responsibilities that come w being a 10.....he was an absolute bundle of energy and all over the place but it was a bit of bull in a China shop.. and I think Clive has made the joke abt ball doing things above his station, but nothing summed up the performance more than him trying to pull off the dele alli goal against Crystal Palace but accidentally kicking the sh*t out of the watford player by accident

We were much better in the second half when we were more conventional
[Post edited 22 Nov 2020 0:31]
What happens if we keep playing Cameron and Ball together? on 11:07 - Nov 22 with 2017 viewsdublinr

What happens if we keep playing Cameron and Ball together? on 00:01 - Nov 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Ball, offside.
Ball, dummy stepover.
Ball, furthest forward.

Yeah, I agree Brian. I didn't mean they both played DM, I meant they both played. Tactically it's pretty strange. But Cameron is an injury waiting to happen. I'd like us to rotate him and ball at dm both for tactical reasons (gives a forward position to one of our many attacking players) and to reduce the risk of us finding ourselves caught out by our lack of defensive midfield options. Just seems shortsighted to play ball out of position, given that we're bound to need him in his natural position sooner or later.

Login to get fewer ads

What happens if we keep playing Cameron and Ball together? on 11:23 - Nov 22 with 1991 viewsBrianMcCarthy

What happens if we keep playing Cameron and Ball together? on 11:07 - Nov 22 by dublinr

Yeah, I agree Brian. I didn't mean they both played DM, I meant they both played. Tactically it's pretty strange. But Cameron is an injury waiting to happen. I'd like us to rotate him and ball at dm both for tactical reasons (gives a forward position to one of our many attacking players) and to reduce the risk of us finding ourselves caught out by our lack of defensive midfield options. Just seems shortsighted to play ball out of position, given that we're bound to need him in his natural position sooner or later.

Ya, I agree with you Dub. I don't see it either.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024