Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report 19:53 - Nov 22 with 2158 viewsNorthernr

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report 22nd Nov 2020 19:52
QPR recovered from their latest shambolic early concession off a corner to dominate the second half and take a thoroughly deserved point against Watford at Loftus Road on Saturday. 12

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 20:37 - Nov 22 with 1996 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Thanks as ever Clive. Agree with it all, and enjoyed it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 20:56 - Nov 22 with 1936 viewsdannyblue

Watch the Barbet penalty incident again and you can clearly see Cameron checks the watford player to let Barbet get away - leading to the desperate grab. Glad we're deploying dark arts in our corner routines, but we got caught this time.
Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 21:02 - Nov 22 with 1919 viewsNorthernr

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 20:56 - Nov 22 by dannyblue

Watch the Barbet penalty incident again and you can clearly see Cameron checks the watford player to let Barbet get away - leading to the desperate grab. Glad we're deploying dark arts in our corner routines, but we got caught this time.

He’s got hold of him before they set off, before they even get to Cameron.
Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 22:08 - Nov 22 with 1750 viewsdannyblue

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 21:02 - Nov 22 by Northernr

He’s got hold of him before they set off, before they even get to Cameron.

Cameron's watching him all the time, only looking at one thing, and steps right into the Watford player. I don't think he has a good grip before that, in fact Barbet had got away form him and the block wasn't necessary. Anyway I'm not upset about that one.
Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 22:13 - Nov 22 with 1736 viewsFrankRightguard

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 22:08 - Nov 22 by dannyblue

Cameron's watching him all the time, only looking at one thing, and steps right into the Watford player. I don't think he has a good grip before that, in fact Barbet had got away form him and the block wasn't necessary. Anyway I'm not upset about that one.

He’s holding him before the ball is even delivered and then hauls him over when he makes his run. It’s a penalty ever day of the week. To penalise Cameron for a block is an absolute bottle job from the ref.
Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 22:23 - Nov 22 with 1709 viewsnix

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 22:13 - Nov 22 by FrankRightguard

He’s holding him before the ball is even delivered and then hauls him over when he makes his run. It’s a penalty ever day of the week. To penalise Cameron for a block is an absolute bottle job from the ref.

I agree. Definitely a pen.

Also agree with Clive about the bookings. How can Cathcart have got away with a couple of cynical fouls before being finally booked?
Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 22:25 - Nov 22 with 1703 viewsFrankRightguard

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 22:23 - Nov 22 by nix

I agree. Definitely a pen.

Also agree with Clive about the bookings. How can Cathcart have got away with a couple of cynical fouls before being finally booked?

I do wonder whether refs are more lenient without a crowd getting at them when poor challenges go in.
Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 22:32 - Nov 22 with 1686 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 22:08 - Nov 22 by dannyblue

bloody hell mate. I admire your even handedness, but I've watched that several times, and Cameron doesn't get there before he's got his hand on Barbet, and even when he does, at best, he brushes him. Pen all day long.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 22:59 - Nov 22 with 1624 viewsdannyblue

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 22:32 - Nov 22 by Antti_Heinola

bloody hell mate. I admire your even handedness, but I've watched that several times, and Cameron doesn't get there before he's got his hand on Barbet, and even when he does, at best, he brushes him. Pen all day long.

Haha. I'd be screaming if I was at the game.

31-33 seconds on this video.

Watch Barbet only. 31 seconds he gets away Chalobah. 32' Chalobah's trying to grab him. 33' Chalobah's got hold of him and pulls Barbet down.

Now watch Cameron only. 31' he's watching the Watford man. It's the only thing on his mind. 32' he steps into him and blocks him.

Now the strange thing is that had Cameron not have done that, Chalobah still would have fouled Barbet and it should have been a penalty. The move must have been designed for Cameron to block Chalobah, but it wasn't necessary in the end because Barbet had done so well to get away from him.

Fùck it. Why am I freeze framing this? You know I used to get out more.
Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 23:08 - Nov 22 with 1601 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 22:32 - Nov 22 by Antti_Heinola

The other thing is that the corner is easily cleared by the first defender so there was never a goalscoring chance anyway. I agree with DannyBlue it's obstruction by Cameron. Unfortunately the ref saw it.

Dykes should have scored at the end though. Perhaps caught out by the quality of the cross. It would have been some goal.

Anyone else seeing a similarity between Lyndon Dykes and Colin Clarke?

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 23:09 - Nov 22 with 1604 viewsGreenbay

Clive this is a really interesting fact when you mention in your excellent report
"no Championship team has gained as many points from losing positions as Warburton’s team since he took over."
If you can - can you add more statistics to what you've said from the time Warbs started? Thanks.
Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 23:37 - Nov 22 with 1537 viewsFrankRightguard

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 08:51 - Nov 23 with 1163 viewsgazza1

Tough call re the penalty....I wonder what VAR would have given!!
Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 09:18 - Nov 23 with 1114 viewsTheChef

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 22:59 - Nov 22 by dannyblue

Haha. I'd be screaming if I was at the game.

31-33 seconds on this video.

Watch Barbet only. 31 seconds he gets away Chalobah. 32' Chalobah's trying to grab him. 33' Chalobah's got hold of him and pulls Barbet down.

Now watch Cameron only. 31' he's watching the Watford man. It's the only thing on his mind. 32' he steps into him and blocks him.

Now the strange thing is that had Cameron not have done that, Chalobah still would have fouled Barbet and it should have been a penalty. The move must have been designed for Cameron to block Chalobah, but it wasn't necessary in the end because Barbet had done so well to get away from him.

Fùck it. Why am I freeze framing this? You know I used to get out more.

The other problem is, as mentioned elsewhere, we're still far too nice as a team. I'm not one to advocate constant hounding of the ref (a la Fergie's ManUre) but when a ref gets it that wrong then the players have to be telling him in no uncertain terms! Because, you know, he's human and after that he might just have second thoughts on other decisions, and might give something in our favour.

Otherwise yes, a great comeback in the second half, and let's go with a positive line up from the off tomorrow night.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 09:36 - Nov 23 with 1084 viewsPinnerPaul

Cheers Clive enjoyable report, don't agree with all of it, but that's nor the point, a good read nonetheless and still think a draw was about fair.

I've done the penalties to death on other threads but to answer one of the other posters above, I DO think there are less cautions without fans but have no stats to prove that!
Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 12:19 - Nov 23 with 864 viewsGreenbay

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 23:37 - Nov 22 by FrankRightguard

Thanks Frank - good stat.
Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 12:20 - Nov 23 with 863 viewsAntti_Heinola

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 23:08 - Nov 22 by CliveWilsonSaid

The other thing is that the corner is easily cleared by the first defender so there was never a goalscoring chance anyway. I agree with DannyBlue it's obstruction by Cameron. Unfortunately the ref saw it.

Dykes should have scored at the end though. Perhaps caught out by the quality of the cross. It would have been some goal.

Anyone else seeing a similarity between Lyndon Dykes and Colin Clarke?

No one seems to have mentioned it, but Dykes immediately claimed he was being pulled back and that's why he didn't make it. Difficult to see on replays, but even a tiny tug would be enough to mess up the timing if a diving header.

Bare bones.

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 15:16 - Nov 23 with 662 viewsTheChef

Chair presses QPR's point amidst penalty controversies - Report on 12:19 - Nov 23 by Greenbay

Thanks Frank - good stat.

On the other hand, I think that's largely because we start games slowly and aren't always as positive as we should be with our starting line ups.

But then you can also say, at least the right changes get made during the game!

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024