Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Linked with a couple of strikers 15:19 - Nov 23 with 1740 viewsQPRSteve

Having signed three already I would be surprised if we are in the market for another. Do they make these up or is there any truth in them?

"Three linked with Cosgrove. Aberdeen have insisted they won’t ‘sell any players on the cheap’, with striker Sam Cosgrove having been previously linked with all of Middlesbrough, Queens Park Rangers and Stoke City. (Various)"

https://www.derbycounty.news/transfers/report-derby-and-qpr-eye-deal-for-siriki-
Linked with a couple of strikers on 15:35 - Nov 23 with 1685 viewsBoston

Nice the writer thinks we’re heading in the right direction.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Linked with a couple of strikers on 16:11 - Nov 23 with 1578 viewsbosh67

Cosgrove is very good but again unproven at this level. But he is a goal machine up there. That said and given that we blooded Allen at 18 and Goddard at 19 in the second division I hope we throw Kelman in soon. I get the feeling he may be a kid that scores for fun and with no fear at all.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Linked with a couple of strikers on 16:39 - Nov 23 with 1492 viewsterryb

Linked with a couple of strikers on 16:11 - Nov 23 by bosh67

Cosgrove is very good but again unproven at this level. But he is a goal machine up there. That said and given that we blooded Allen at 18 and Goddard at 19 in the second division I hope we throw Kelman in soon. I get the feeling he may be a kid that scores for fun and with no fear at all.

I wouldn't mind Kelman plkaying, even if it was a sub when the match had been decided one way or another.

I'm sure you're not making a comparison, but I shiver when you mention him in the same sentance as Clive Allen & Paul Goddard!
Linked with a couple of strikers on 16:56 - Nov 23 with 1440 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I think the clue might be in the use of the words, ‘been previously linked’.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Linked with a couple of strikers on 17:12 - Nov 23 with 1374 viewswood_hoop

Linked with a couple of strikers on 16:56 - Nov 23 by PlanetHonneywood

I think the clue might be in the use of the words, ‘been previously linked’.

Or maybe,

'According to TEAMtalk, Derby County, Queens Park Rangers, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Crystal Palace are all eyeing a deal for Siriki Dembele.'

Only Wolves or Crystal Palace, two Prem Clubs with a few shillings to throw a players way in wages, or good old QPR, not exactly stinking rich, very outside chance of playoffs,

Looks like agent talk, lets wait til January and see what bids do come in , nothing wrong in doing your home work on a player, even letting slip you admire their talents but paper talk until contracts are signed.
Linked with a couple of strikers on 17:41 - Nov 23 with 1301 viewskarl

Aberdeen are losing money and publicly stating it too, although their backers are doing a very good job and don't expect they're struggling to the extent it would be a firesale price.
They had agreed a sale to Guincamp (sp?) in the summer for a decent figure of £2m I think but Cosgrove turned it down so could be keen to do business?
He's a bit of a cart horse but did suddenly find form, especially goal scoring, last season after a very slow start up here.
Dykes is a better all round player but the 12 month Cosgrove before he got injured this season was much better in the box putting away chances.
He looked slow and cumbersome vs Rangers on Sunday but its still early in his injury come back.
I wouldn't spend £2m on him personally but he is a big strong lad, just worried his touch is too heavy to improve him and add value.
Aberdeen are a very physical and imo one dimensional team, doesn't allow for flair players so possible he could do better. Dom Ball is much better than he was at the Dons for instance.
[Post edited 23 Nov 2020 17:57]
Linked with a couple of strikers on 18:16 - Nov 23 with 1192 viewsstevec

I’m really looking forward to another addition from the Scottish League.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024