Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Darnell Furlong 15:57 - Nov 23 with 1844 viewsT_Block

Watched West Brom v ManUtd yesterday

Just HOW GOOD WAS Darnell?!!!

God ,we have missed one there.That kid is going places....

One piece of defending was world class and he got forward so very well.Looked strong as well.

So pleased for the lad.

For me best player on the pitch in that game.
Darnell Furlong on 16:00 - Nov 23 with 1832 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Genuinely thought he was going to be our captain for a long long time.
Darnell Furlong on 20:41 - Nov 23 with 1519 viewsMyke

Darnell Furlong on 16:00 - Nov 23 by BazzaInTheLoft

Genuinely thought he was going to be our captain for a long long time.

Delighted for the lad. At least we have Kakay to soften the blow. AND we got 1.5m, not £250,000 for him
Darnell Furlong on 23:39 - Nov 23 with 1242 viewsgigiisourgod

Darnell Furlong on 20:41 - Nov 23 by Myke

Delighted for the lad. At least we have Kakay to soften the blow. AND we got 1.5m, not £250,000 for him

It looked a very bad bit of business at the time and it looks worse now. But I guess full backs just don’t go for the big bucks and he absolutely deserved the move. Role model for the example we want to set to the youth team. If you are good enough, have the right attitude, you will get your chance and when a bigger and better club/team come along we will sell. Manning kind of muddied the waters. Sad it ended how it did with him as had all the hallmarks of another success story. Still not sure I agree with this black and white treatment of people in the last year of their contract, but do wholeheartedly endorse the principle behind it.
Darnell Furlong on 00:57 - Nov 24 with 1193 viewsDavieQPR

Might have got £1.5m on paper but you can bet there were a few add ons.
Darnell Furlong on 01:26 - Nov 24 with 1175 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Darnell Furlong on 23:39 - Nov 23 by gigiisourgod

It looked a very bad bit of business at the time and it looks worse now. But I guess full backs just don’t go for the big bucks and he absolutely deserved the move. Role model for the example we want to set to the youth team. If you are good enough, have the right attitude, you will get your chance and when a bigger and better club/team come along we will sell. Manning kind of muddied the waters. Sad it ended how it did with him as had all the hallmarks of another success story. Still not sure I agree with this black and white treatment of people in the last year of their contract, but do wholeheartedly endorse the principle behind it.

There are so many caveats and external reasons for any transfer or contact renewal or lack of that I don’t think we (normal not in the know supporters) can never really know what constitutes good business.

Considering any player can leave at the end of their contract for free and there is fck all we can do about it, I’d say receiving any money that is more than we paid is a huge achievement.

We brought Darnell for £0 and sold him for £1.5m and replaced him with another player just as good if not better for £0 who has less miles on the clock.

Looks like fantastic business to me but what do I know!
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 1:47]
Darnell Furlong on 02:45 - Nov 24 with 1139 viewsstowmarketrange

Remember it was his handball that cost wba the point.
Darnell Furlong on 09:09 - Nov 24 with 889 viewsgigiisourgod

Darnell Furlong on 01:26 - Nov 24 by BazzaInTheLoft

There are so many caveats and external reasons for any transfer or contact renewal or lack of that I don’t think we (normal not in the know supporters) can never really know what constitutes good business.

Considering any player can leave at the end of their contract for free and there is fck all we can do about it, I’d say receiving any money that is more than we paid is a huge achievement.

We brought Darnell for £0 and sold him for £1.5m and replaced him with another player just as good if not better for £0 who has less miles on the clock.

Looks like fantastic business to me but what do I know!
[Post edited 24 Nov 2020 1:47]

Very fair points, would have really enjoyed to see him have 6 months under Warburton though. Thought he was WBA’s main outlet Sat night. Pen was foolish/unfortunate but up to that point had him as a contender for MOTM
Darnell Furlong on 11:46 - Nov 24 with 737 viewsPinnerPaul

Darnell Furlong on 02:45 - Nov 24 by stowmarketrange

Remember it was his handball that cost wba the point.

Harsh - as all he did was a buy a losing ticket in the lottery that is the current handball law!
Login to get fewer ads

Darnell Furlong on 15:18 - Nov 24 with 579 viewsterryb

Darnell Furlong on 00:57 - Nov 24 by DavieQPR

Might have got £1.5m on paper but you can bet there were a few add ons.

I think we've already had a further payment for West Brom being promoted.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024