Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? 14:17 - Nov 25 with 7119 viewsGreenbay

Where are we at the moment?
Brentford is the litmus paper test.
We seem to be improving in fits and starts.
The long term looks bright (but no BOS it seems) with all those youngsters.
Second half against Watford, first half against Rotherham - outstanding.
We need 90 minutes from everyone - fitness crucial but difficult with two games per week.

Long term (2/3 years) what have we got?
Well we have at least six players, some with long term contracts, that can improve to top 6 Championship level or even higher.
Dieng, age 26, contract expires June 2024
Kakay, 23, June 2024
Hamaleinen, 23, June 2024
Chair, 23, June 2023
Willock, 22, June 2023
BOS, 22, (on his way out!), June 2021

Then we have the possibles that may improve and have long term contracts:-
Dickie, 24, June 2024
Dykes, 25, June 2024
Masterson, 22, June 2023
and of course Amos, 23, June 2023, when he hopefully returns.

Then we have the solids - the glue - the experience required
Kane, Cameron, Barbet, Ball (whose only 25), Carroll and Adomah;

Then we have the untried
Thomas, 23, June 2023
Bettache, 20, June 2023
Alfa, 21, June 2023
Kelman, 19, June 2023

Question over
Bonne, 25, June 2023

So Warbs - he's doing a great job IMO - we need a good CB in January transfer window.
Keep 90% of the team together for 2 years and we'll be challenging inside the top six.
What do you think?
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:20 - Nov 25 with 3977 viewsthompsonridd

Agree, 90 minutes like the first 45 last night and we should get a result.

Need to finish more chances too when we are on top.....you RRRRRR's
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:23 - Nov 25 with 3952 viewsAntti_Heinola

Friday is irrelevant.
Brentford will be the best team we play all season, so really won't tell us much about anything.
;)

Bare bones.

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:24 - Nov 25 with 3944 viewsNorthernr

It'll show that we're not as good as Brentford, and it'll be nice to say hi to a few posters we haven't seen for a week or two.
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:26 - Nov 25 with 3936 viewsdaveB

even if we beat them I don't think it will say to much about how good or bad we are. I thought we had a pretty good season last year but still lost to them twice which didn't really make much of a difference to the season.

Still would be nice to end that bad run against them
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:28 - Nov 25 with 3928 viewsGreenbay

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:23 - Nov 25 by Antti_Heinola

Friday is irrelevant.
Brentford will be the best team we play all season, so really won't tell us much about anything.
;)

Antti - with respect not irrelevant.
What I said quite clearly was - it will show where we are.
In other words - regardless of the result - we can learn from the game against - as you say - a top side.
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:35 - Nov 25 with 3901 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It's just another game.

Sorry, but it's not a litmus test. It won't define our season. It won't mean a damn in a fortnight. Bar the three points.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:38 - Nov 25 with 3889 viewsPhildo

Small man syndrome - they will be very angry, win easily then vow never to say our name again because of that time we shagged their mum and their dad cried
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:40 - Nov 25 with 3865 viewsMick_S

No bed wetting here:

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:44 - Nov 25 with 3845 viewsGreenbay

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:35 - Nov 25 by BrianMcCarthy

It's just another game.

Sorry, but it's not a litmus test. It won't define our season. It won't mean a damn in a fortnight. Bar the three points.

No individual game defines a season.
It's what we learn from each match that counts.
Hence it will show where we are at the moment - as said.
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:45 - Nov 25 with 3839 viewsAntti_Heinola

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:28 - Nov 25 by Greenbay

Antti - with respect not irrelevant.
What I said quite clearly was - it will show where we are.
In other words - regardless of the result - we can learn from the game against - as you say - a top side.

mate, i promise you, i was only joking and making a gag about how 'great' they are ;) - totally agree with your post ;)

Bare bones.

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:47 - Nov 25 with 3814 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:44 - Nov 25 by Greenbay

But we can say that about every match, Greenbay.

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:53 - Nov 25 with 3784 viewsqueensparker

It's not just one more game for me, I'm heartily f--king sick of our recent performances against Brentford, and if we can walk away with our heads up high (win lose or draw) on Friday it will definitely represent progress.

Got a lot of Brentford mates who need knocking off their perch a bit, got incredibly arrogant in the last couple of years...
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:04 - Nov 25 with 3732 viewsGreenbay

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:47 - Nov 25 by BrianMcCarthy

But we can say that about every match, Greenbay.

Agreed Brian.
But the difference now is that we have shown in bursts - certainly in the last two matches - some sparkling form IMO.
So against a good side like Brentford it will be a great test to see where we are now.
And if you read the rest of my post (and I'm sure you have!) it shows what the future may hold.
Unfortunately many posters (usually not yourself) have knee-jerk reactions rather than considering what has been said in a post.
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:06 - Nov 25 with 3723 viewsfrancisbowles

Got to remember guys, it's their cup final, not ours.

They win their 'cup finals' every year but always miss out on promotion.
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:09 - Nov 25 with 3694 viewsBrianMcCarthy

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:04 - Nov 25 by Greenbay

Agreed Brian.
But the difference now is that we have shown in bursts - certainly in the last two matches - some sparkling form IMO.
So against a good side like Brentford it will be a great test to see where we are now.
And if you read the rest of my post (and I'm sure you have!) it shows what the future may hold.
Unfortunately many posters (usually not yourself) have knee-jerk reactions rather than considering what has been said in a post.

I understand your post, GB, and there's great info in it. Sorry if I was a bit dismissive.

I just worry about placing undue emphasis on any league match, as it can lead to positive or negative overreactions in the aftermath. We may hammer Brentford or vice versa but the result would also be due to form, injuries, ref decisions and/or luck.

The game on Friday will be another interesting test, but no more a defining one than last night's game, is my point I guess.

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:15 - Nov 25 with 3669 viewskensalriser

We've played Bournemouth and Watford, both likely to finish top four, and lost to neither. Brentford is just another one of 46 data points.

I'm sure some of their fans will be delighted to learn that some QPR fans are viewing the derby as a totemic match, however.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:16 - Nov 25 with 3669 viewsParkRoyalR

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:04 - Nov 25 by Greenbay

Agreed Brian.

Greenbay, always read + rate your posts, top poster, not sure if Green Bay refers to being US based but replies you mention are indulging in that past-time beloved by those on these islands, taking the michael - can be quite difficult to spot with some of the young one's using emoji's I think they cal them!

Given we are playing Brentford this week, who take themselves very seriously (of late), it could get messy!
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:35 - Nov 25 with 3616 viewsGreenbay

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:09 - Nov 25 by BrianMcCarthy

I understand your post, GB, and there's great info in it. Sorry if I was a bit dismissive.

I just worry about placing undue emphasis on any league match, as it can lead to positive or negative overreactions in the aftermath. We may hammer Brentford or vice versa but the result would also be due to form, injuries, ref decisions and/or luck.

The game on Friday will be another interesting test, but no more a defining one than last night's game, is my point I guess.

Thanks Brian - much appreciated.
You make good points.
Points of view - as long as they are fair - should always be made - regardless of the following reactions.
Being 'fair' is the key.
At the end of the day most of us on here want the same thing.
A win, some good football and maximum effort always from our team.
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:37 - Nov 25 with 3609 viewsGreenbay

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:16 - Nov 25 by ParkRoyalR

Greenbay, always read + rate your posts, top poster, not sure if Green Bay refers to being US based but replies you mention are indulging in that past-time beloved by those on these islands, taking the michael - can be quite difficult to spot with some of the young one's using emoji's I think they cal them!

Given we are playing Brentford this week, who take themselves very seriously (of late), it could get messy!

Thanks ParkRoyal.
As mentioned to Brian - much appreciated.
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:46 - Nov 25 with 3566 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:24 - Nov 25 by Northernr

It'll show that we're not as good as Brentford, and it'll be nice to say hi to a few posters we haven't seen for a week or two.

Doesn't necessarily mean we won't get a result though!

We're not as 'good' as Watford or Bournemouth but have had results against both.

Its what makes football the game we (and the bookies!) love!
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:48 - Nov 25 with 3561 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 14:44 - Nov 25 by Greenbay

Not sure it even does that tbh,

'Where we are' changes match to match and even within matches as last night clearly showed!
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:51 - Nov 25 with 3551 viewsGhost_on_the_Westway

I’ve considered this very carefully and conclude, thus:

Bowlarks to soppy ickle Bwentfud and their nerdy fans.

(Except my Dad, I suppose).
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:52 - Nov 25 with 3548 viewsgobbles

Why are people questioning Bonne? The guy has played 90 minutes twice.
[Post edited 25 Nov 2020 16:13]
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:56 - Nov 25 with 3526 viewsGreenbay

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:52 - Nov 25 by gobbles

Fair point.
I'll put him in my possibles and may improve section.
QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:57 - Nov 25 with 3522 viewsPinnerPaul

QPR at Brentford - will show where we are? on 15:52 - Nov 25 by gobbles

Wrong thread I think, but I'll answer - it was mainly the need to avoid giving Rotherham cheap free kicks last night that was the issue with him.

Bearing in mind he will have been playing in games with the offside law since he was 12, not sure his number of starts for us are entirely relevant to this argument!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024