Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? 17:01 - Nov 26 with 3764 viewsParkRoyalR

Obviously the great man is highly regarded on these pages, which got me thinking, is there an equivalent sound lad amongst the genuine Brentford fan base to give a balanced view on Friday's game?

Can think of a few I've met, and of the ideal candidates, one now lives in Oz and the other was originally a Liverpool fan who now takes the whole Bees Project so serious (recommended 'Push Up Brentford' as an art house classic!) he goes off-grid for weeks when they choke,

So, thinking hats on? maybe following criteria for any applicants:
1) Most be a proper fan eg one of the 'loyal' 9,600 who went to the 2002 Play-Off Final
2) Does n't believe their Stadium Announcer is the Messiah, just a very silly boy
3) Took absolutely no part in the South Ealing Comedy Classic 'Push Up Brentford'
Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 17:02 - Nov 26 with 3062 viewsNorthernr

There;s a couple of Brentford posters on here, and mostly I quite like their input, they seem to wind a few people up though.
Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 17:09 - Nov 26 with 3029 viewsRanger_Things

"mostly I quite like their input," .

That is quality job reference material.
Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 17:19 - Nov 26 with 2983 viewsNorthernr

Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 17:09 - Nov 26 by Ranger_Things

"mostly I quite like their input," .

That is quality job reference material.

"Mostly" hasn't done this much heavy lifting since Aliens.
Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 17:33 - Nov 26 with 2933 viewsBrianMcCarthy

It would be great.

I have a few of them on ignore for a while now as they took it all far too seriously and were pushing the same nonsense into every thread, no matter how irrelevant. Maybe they've improved.

Konk is one of my favourite posters on here, and I couldn't care who he supports. He gets that this is generally a hassle-free board and he makes it even more so. Plus, the lad has a belting sense of humour. And supporting a club needs humour.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 17:51 - Nov 26 with 2883 viewsCiderwithRsie

Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 17:19 - Nov 26 by Northernr

Hitchhikers' Guide To The Galaxy entry for Earth: "Harmless." 2nd Edition: "Mostly harmless"
Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 17:56 - Nov 26 with 2876 viewscolinallcars

It would be nice to have a few posters from every team. Er, hang on though......
Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 18:12 - Nov 26 with 2818 viewsswitchingcode

Ok I’ll give it a go.Fridays game is very different than what we are used to obviously we won’t be there ( the first I have missed since the 60s)but whoever wins it won’t mean much as far as fans getting excited about” turning the corner “”play offs “ect.After not only playing 3 games with 2 days in between each both teams have the joy of looking forward to playing 8 games in a month with the obvious threat of many players picking up injuries along with the hovering Covid virus that will defiantly leave teams like ours struggling to get a decent 11 out on pitch with a just bring your boots call to what’s left at the club to fill the bench.
I want us to win but it would represent micro excitement for me as this season as far as I’m concerned should never have started.I gave up the ifollow crap a while back although I get home games free as a ST holder.Football is about meeting your mates and having a drink talking bollox about the team the great elation winning and the moaning when you lose.I have supported my team for many years but we play in a ground I’ve never been to have a top striker I’ve never seen and last game I saw was 5 0 home win against sheff wed little did I know it was going to be the last game I’d ever see at GP.
To sum up my prediction for the game sounds like you still have a generous defence but BoS and Chair are playing well we have a top striker but very average elsewhere law of averages we can’t keep winning so I’ll go for 1 1 draw which will be best all round as it will save us all from the Frank out or Warburtons a muppet posters.
Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 18:39 - Nov 26 with 2749 viewsterryb

hanks switchingcode.

I've mainly enjoyed your contributions as well, but I can't say the same about a couple of more recent posters (New Bee is often ok although he is sometimes a little bit wumish!)

I can't say much against Brentford FC as they allowed me free entrance at half time on my first visit to Griffin Park! Transport from Ipswich went all wrong when i arrived to support Chesham for an FA Cup first round game in 1976.
Login to get fewer ads

Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 18:42 - Nov 26 with 2732 viewsParkRoyalR

Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 18:12 - Nov 26 by switchingcode

Ok I’ll give it a go.Fridays game is very different than what we are used to obviously we won’t be there ( the first I have missed since the 60s)but whoever wins it won’t mean much as far as fans getting excited about” turning the corner “”play offs “ect.After not only playing 3 games with 2 days in between each both teams have the joy of looking forward to playing 8 games in a month with the obvious threat of many players picking up injuries along with the hovering Covid virus that will defiantly leave teams like ours struggling to get a decent 11 out on pitch with a just bring your boots call to what’s left at the club to fill the bench.
I want us to win but it would represent micro excitement for me as this season as far as I’m concerned should never have started.I gave up the ifollow crap a while back although I get home games free as a ST holder.Football is about meeting your mates and having a drink talking bollox about the team the great elation winning and the moaning when you lose.I have supported my team for many years but we play in a ground I’ve never been to have a top striker I’ve never seen and last game I saw was 5 0 home win against sheff wed little did I know it was going to be the last game I’d ever see at GP.
To sum up my prediction for the game sounds like you still have a generous defence but BoS and Chair are playing well we have a top striker but very average elsewhere law of averages we can’t keep winning so I’ll go for 1 1 draw which will be best all round as it will save us all from the Frank out or Warburtons a muppet posters.

Great post, obviously a proper fan and not a twitter fanboy, anyone who's followed the Bees since the 60's deserves respect as despite some great sides and a few ups, there's been a lot of disappointments and rogues along the way - hence why Benham is rightly lauded for doing things the right way.
Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 18:44 - Nov 26 with 2727 viewsSuperhoop83

Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 17:19 - Nov 26 by Northernr

The Brentford fans come mostly at night too.

Suffering since 1978.

Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 18:53 - Nov 26 with 2698 viewscolinallcars

It's a shame that some anomosity has crept in in recent years between Bees and Rs fans.
Going right back to the 50s, I sort of thought of the Bees as my second team and would often attend Griffin Park when the Rangers were away and I was a bit young or too skint to travel away.
Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 18:55 - Nov 26 with 2692 viewsNorthernr

Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 18:44 - Nov 26 by Superhoop83

The Brentford fans come mostly at night too.

Mostly.
Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 18:59 - Nov 26 with 2675 viewsloftboy

Leicester Bee used to be a good guy, organised the inter board football matches, spent sometime hiding in a ages loft as his dad wanted to send him home to Korea, bumped into him a few seasons back on a train going to a game.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 19:25 - Nov 26 with 2609 viewsted_hendrix

Dutch Mountain Dog was mostly Hull.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 20:00 - Nov 26 with 2506 viewsBoston

Is there a rational Queens Park Rangers fan on a Brentford or Fulham Board?
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 20:03]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 20:12 - Nov 26 with 2467 viewsswitchingcode

Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 20:00 - Nov 26 by Boston

Is there a rational Queens Park Rangers fan on a Brentford or Fulham Board?
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 20:03]

Yes we get a RaRa and a Fulham fan now and again but as you expect these days a few Dickheads get very brave from their bedrooms that stops the traffic
Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 20:58 - Nov 26 with 2364 viewsderbyhoop

Good effort switchingcode.

I don't have any objections to fans from other clubs. On condition that any posters are polite and don't try to diss the team that we support.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 21:04 - Nov 26 with 2352 viewsaston_hoop

I don't mind the fans of other clubs pop up on here generally, I mean at our level of football supporting we're very much above this 'banter club' type bollocks. We all support slightly shit teams, if people are respectful then whats the problem?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 21:51 - Nov 26 with 2268 viewslightwaterhoop

To be honest i dont want to see any supporters of other clubs on this site.I have so many of them about me most of the time i use this site to get away from them.Sometimes i go on other clubs supporters MB but i wouldnt dream of posting anything.
Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 22:31 - Nov 26 with 2185 viewsizlingtonhoop

Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 21:51 - Nov 26 by lightwaterhoop

To be honest i dont want to see any supporters of other clubs on this site.I have so many of them about me most of the time i use this site to get away from them.Sometimes i go on other clubs supporters MB but i wouldnt dream of posting anything.

Mostly, in the White Horse, people say: and who is that Konk dick?
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 22:35]
Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 23:15 - Nov 26 with 2089 viewsSydneyRs

Haven't seen anything of Brentford this season, but a mate back home who supports them says they are heavily reliant on the striker you mentioned and have lost the creativity of last season. Hardly surprising given the talent that left.

We are still on a multi year journey to try and rebuild after the whole premiership/FFP debacle. What I've seen so far this season gives me confidence we should be able to stay well clear of relegation and anything else will be a bonus. Warburton in my view is doing a brilliant job with limited resources.

I think this game may have come at a bad time for us. We've had a few decent performances recently but it appears our already not brilliant defence may be decimated by injury for this match. I would happily take a draw at this stage.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 23:16]
Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 01:56 - Nov 27 with 2002 viewstimcocking

Konk is a QPR fan.
Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 07:13 - Nov 27 with 1932 viewsDorse

Sorry switchingcode, fat fingers - down arrowed by mistake.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 09:02 - Nov 27 with 1813 viewsswitchingcode

Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 23:15 - Nov 26 by SydneyRs

Haven't seen anything of Brentford this season, but a mate back home who supports them says they are heavily reliant on the striker you mentioned and have lost the creativity of last season. Hardly surprising given the talent that left.

We are still on a multi year journey to try and rebuild after the whole premiership/FFP debacle. What I've seen so far this season gives me confidence we should be able to stay well clear of relegation and anything else will be a bonus. Warburton in my view is doing a brilliant job with limited resources.

I think this game may have come at a bad time for us. We've had a few decent performances recently but it appears our already not brilliant defence may be decimated by injury for this match. I would happily take a draw at this stage.
[Post edited 26 Nov 2020 23:16]

Haven’t seen a great deal myself but what I have I’d say we are way below the quality of the side that won at the bush around this time last year although we have more points this season than we had at that stage.Defence is looking strong again but mid field without Norguaard who’s out injured is not functioning very well and apart from Toney who is doing very well out wide Mbeumo is not the player he was last year and Canos has been dreadful.The fact that it’s being played at a new stadium that the team are getting used to playing in and without a crowd the home advantage goes out the window.We did play well at Barnsley in mid week according to the local press we were the best team they have seen at Oakwell this season 😃that is a fact they wrote that l had to check to see if Clive was the reporter.Hoping for a big win tonight but going for a 2 2 draw.
Is there a Brentford Konk equivalent? on 09:26 - Nov 27 with 1779 viewsMick_S

Canos has been dreadful, you say?

Feck!

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024