Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fur Coats 02:27 - Nov 28 with 1658 viewstimcocking

Denmark just murdered 17 million Minks. 17 million. How utterly despicable. I wish i could cull those responsible.
Fur Coats on 09:03 - Nov 28 with 1538 viewsenfieldargh

I'm amazed theres such a demand for Mink what with all the save the planet anti fur clothing thingy.

So its Mink that carry Covid, next week it might be dogs and cats, then what?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Fur Coats on 09:11 - Nov 28 with 1520 viewsbosh67

Horrific trade. Sickening that we as a species stoop to doing things like this just for fashion. Utterly sick.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Fur Coats on 10:19 - Nov 28 with 1438 viewsfrancisbowles

Is this cull anything to do with covid?
Fur Coats on 11:35 - Nov 28 with 1398 viewsMrSheen

Fur Coats on 10:19 - Nov 28 by francisbowles

Is this cull anything to do with covid?

yes, they discovered a mutant strain mink which was passed back into humans. Can't cull the humans, so...

It's descended into black farce, as apparently millions of bodies have been buried too close to water supplies and are having to be exhumed and reburied.

I had no idea that Denmark was the centre of the mink breeding universe. Here and in Ireland, I thought mink farms were the source of havoc when they escape into the wild.

It's horrific, but then so were the ghastly foot and mouth culls, and the killing of farmed birds when avian flu is detected.
Fur Coats on 13:11 - Nov 28 with 1340 viewsDWQPR

Fur Coats on 09:11 - Nov 28 by bosh67

Horrific trade. Sickening that we as a species stoop to doing things like this just for fashion. Utterly sick.

We all use the bi-products of cows to make shoes, bags and jackets with. Whether mink meat is edible I don’t know, I would imagine so given that we eat squirrel, guinea pigs etc. And with regards to the fur trade I believe that real fur was being used instead of fake fur due to environmental reasons.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Fur Coats on 15:05 - Nov 28 with 1231 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Fur Coats on 11:35 - Nov 28 by MrSheen

yes, they discovered a mutant strain mink which was passed back into humans. Can't cull the humans, so...

It's descended into black farce, as apparently millions of bodies have been buried too close to water supplies and are having to be exhumed and reburied.

I had no idea that Denmark was the centre of the mink breeding universe. Here and in Ireland, I thought mink farms were the source of havoc when they escape into the wild.

It's horrific, but then so were the ghastly foot and mouth culls, and the killing of farmed birds when avian flu is detected.

WTF that is revolting and horrific at the same time .Its beyond barbaric but I dont know enough about it to comment further and I dont have the heart to look it up.
Animals being killed for any reason for any reason reason is sad but this seems insane
Fur Coats on 15:18 - Nov 28 with 1214 viewsfrancisbowles

Fur Coats on 11:35 - Nov 28 by MrSheen

Thanks MrSheen. I thought so. Sounds like a necessary evil.
Fur Coats on 15:23 - Nov 28 with 1207 viewsBoston

I’ve been told that meat which comes as a by product from the fur industry is used in pet food.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Fur Coats on 15:31 - Nov 28 with 1197 viewsMyke

There was a mink farm not far from me until about ten years ago. Vicious, smelly little creatures. Nothing to like about them at all. Fur trade should be completely abolished and then there would be no demand for farms. But if you encounter a mink don't be fooled by it's size, they are fearless and have teeth like razors
Fur Coats on 16:32 - Nov 28 with 1150 viewsCiderwithRsie

Fur Coats on 13:11 - Nov 28 by DWQPR

We all use the bi-products of cows to make shoes, bags and jackets with. Whether mink meat is edible I don’t know, I would imagine so given that we eat squirrel, guinea pigs etc. And with regards to the fur trade I believe that real fur was being used instead of fake fur due to environmental reasons.

Speak for yourself when you say "we" eat squirrel!

As far as I know pretty much any animal that is palatable as meat for humans is vegetarian. Squirrels and guinea pigs would come into that category. Animals that are carnivorous I'm told taste horrible (though I daresay you could eat one if starving.)

I owe this knowledge to C S Lewis in one of the Narnia books where he says that bear is OK if it's been living on nuts, berries and honey but not if it has been hunting animals. Please don't tell me if it's a load of balls, I've carried this in my head since I was at primary school in case I find myself in the wilderness having to snare my supper.
Fur Coats on 18:47 - Nov 28 with 1071 viewsWokingR

Fur Coats on 16:32 - Nov 28 by CiderwithRsie

As far as I know pretty much any animal that is palatable as meat for humans is vegetarian. Squirrels and guinea pigs would come into that category. Animals that are carnivorous I'm told taste horrible (though I daresay you could eat one if starving.)

I owe this knowledge to C S Lewis in one of the Narnia books where he says that bear is OK if it's been living on nuts, berries and honey but not if it has been hunting animals. Please don't tell me if it's a load of balls, I've carried this in my head since I was at primary school in case I find myself in the wilderness having to snare my supper.

Well I’ve had alligator and that was lovely.
Not sure there’s many vegetarian gators though
Fur Coats on 21:08 - Nov 28 with 1014 viewsCiderwithRsie

Fur Coats on 18:47 - Nov 28 by WokingR

Well I’ve had alligator and that was lovely.
Not sure there’s many vegetarian gators though

Are you telling me that Aslan lied to me? Say it ain't so!
Fur Coats on 21:32 - Nov 28 with 988 viewskarl

Fur Coats on 21:08 - Nov 28 by CiderwithRsie

As far as I know it's to do with getting intestinal worms off meat eating animals?
Fur Coats on 21:40 - Nov 28 with 983 viewsLythamR

Fur Coats on 21:08 - Nov 28 by CiderwithRsie

There probably no truer phrase than "You are what you eat"
Fur Coats on 21:52 - Nov 28 with 976 viewsThe_Beast1976

Fur Coats on 09:11 - Nov 28 by bosh67

Agreed
Fur Coats on 22:28 - Nov 28 with 957 viewsBoston

Fur Coats on 21:32 - Nov 28 by karl

As far as I know it's to do with getting intestinal worms off meat eating animals?

Seconded

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Fur Coats on 21:10 - Nov 29 with 829 viewsGloryHunter

People, I eat a vegan diet. But I know that culling animals is not "murder".
Fur Coats on 11:18 - Dec 1 with 704 viewsGloryHunter

I've just finished an extraordinary book - "An African in Greenland". Boy from Togo runs away to travel to the North Pole in the 1950s after seeing pictures of eskimos in a book, and reading that there are no snakes there.

Anyway, the Inuit that he lives with eat anything with a pulse, including their own dogs. They are also fond of eating raw meat and innards - such as the lungs and intestines of seals that they have just killed - the kids especially love this as a real treat.

While I was reading it, I was wondering how they manage to survive without vitamin C, since they don't have any vegetables. I have since researched it, and it turns out you can get vitamin C from raw meat, but not cooked meat.
Fur Coats on 11:20 - Dec 1 with 695 viewsTacticalR

OK, but that might just apply to the bears in Narnia.

Air hostess clique

Fur Coats on 11:25 - Dec 1 with 688 viewsMetallica_Hoop

On a happier note Beavers are back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-55125932

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Fur Coats on 11:35 - Dec 1 with 672 viewsW7Ranger

Fur Coats on 11:25 - Dec 1 by Metallica_Hoop

On a happier note Beavers are back.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-somerset-55125932

Fur Coats on 11:47 - Dec 1 with 658 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Fur Coats on 11:35 - Dec 1 by W7Ranger

I was curious to see if theere were red beaver so I googled it. (risky I know) It turns out there is no such beaver. Only restaurants.

#wildlifefactofthedaywithtalli

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Fur Coats on 11:51 - Dec 1 with 647 viewsMrSheen

Fur Coats on 11:20 - Dec 1 by TacticalR

OK, but that might just apply to the bears in Narnia.

Excellent!! Never mind the foie gras geese of the Perigord, lets save the muesli bears of Narnia.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024