Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Different story, same outcome — Report 16:27 - Nov 28 with 4756 viewsNorthernr

Different story, same outcome — Report 28th Nov 2020 16:08
QPR’s 2020/21 trip to Brentford came with a better performance and different narrative than its predecessors, but ultimately the same result from a controversial game on Friday evening. 11

Different story, same outcome — Report on 16:39 - Nov 28 with 3394 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Superb.

Wasn't sure if I was in the mood to read it straight away but that had me laughing all through. That, my friends, is how to rant.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Different story, same outcome — Report on 17:01 - Nov 28 with 3317 viewsOldPedro

Well written report which reflects my view of the game too.

I'd love to know how they seemed to have a couple of hundred people in the ground - Warbs and Nick London mentioned it in their interview ??

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Different story, same outcome — Report on 17:03 - Nov 28 with 3301 viewsLongsufferingR

How on earth were fans allowed in?
Different story, same outcome — Report on 17:07 - Nov 28 with 3291 viewsWren67

Excellent report. Puts the refs decisions clearly under the spotlight. Cheered me up to after last night.

"Bryan Mbeumo — somebody get that guy a lock for his fridge — was given a late rest/chance to get a Nandos order in before closing "

Am still laughing,
Different story, same outcome — Report on 17:38 - Nov 28 with 3166 viewsNoelmc

Great report Clive, excellent analysis of the match and the referee, spiced up with some LOL moments. I particularly liked,

“Behind closed doors” games at Brentford easier to get into than Danielle Lloyd, it seems.

On reflection what annoyed me most about the ref bottling the red card, is the huge inconsistency it highlights in punishments for "professional fouls''. Dickie committed one against Barnsley and the outcome was a red card and penalty - game over. Sorensen does the same thing just outside the box and the outcome was a yellow card. Both denied clear goal scoring opportunities, so those outside the box should always be red cards unless it's ruled there was absolutely no goal scoring opportunity.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 18:04 - Nov 28 with 3077 viewsPinnerPaul

Just read through most of the posts on the game.

Don't have Sky so have only seen the 10' highlights once on the offy.

Can easily watch us live AND the 90' re run when we win or draw, but once is enough when we lose!

Highlights didn't include their offside goal nor some of the yellows Clive claims they should have had so can't comment on those two nor the what sounds like biased coverage.

Again, didn't see Kane 1st yellow on the highlights but 2nd is clear enough - in no way is that deliberate, or at least it doesn't look like it, but its a yellow - 'only' 1 game missed for two yellows is the only positive there.

One more, before the 'biggie' - mentioned it before but players at this level can say/shout what they like to officials but they often punish dissent 'by action' ie throwing the ball - seen it in person at KPFS - don't agree with it - but like so many examples have just come to accept that the games are refereed differently at the top level.

Now the biggie - yes I think its a red, the only thing I can come up is that, on my one showing I didn't think Dykes actually had the ball when he got shoved in the back - that's what I saw on my one viewing - Clive thought he had and if that's correct then its even more a red then!

On to the next one!
Different story, same outcome — Report on 18:10 - Nov 28 with 3054 viewsNorthernr

Different story, same outcome — Report on 18:04 - Nov 28 by PinnerPaul

Just read through most of the posts on the game.

Don't have Sky so have only seen the 10' highlights once on the offy.

Can easily watch us live AND the 90' re run when we win or draw, but once is enough when we lose!

Highlights didn't include their offside goal nor some of the yellows Clive claims they should have had so can't comment on those two nor the what sounds like biased coverage.

Again, didn't see Kane 1st yellow on the highlights but 2nd is clear enough - in no way is that deliberate, or at least it doesn't look like it, but its a yellow - 'only' 1 game missed for two yellows is the only positive there.

One more, before the 'biggie' - mentioned it before but players at this level can say/shout what they like to officials but they often punish dissent 'by action' ie throwing the ball - seen it in person at KPFS - don't agree with it - but like so many examples have just come to accept that the games are refereed differently at the top level.

Now the biggie - yes I think its a red, the only thing I can come up is that, on my one showing I didn't think Dykes actually had the ball when he got shoved in the back - that's what I saw on my one viewing - Clive thought he had and if that's correct then its even more a red then!

On to the next one!

No complaints with Kane's yellows, they're both dead set.

On the dissent by action thing, I get that, don't agree with it either, but as well as screaming in the lino's face, Dalsgaard also banged his hands together in his face, then turned and gave it the sort of 'fck off mate' flappy arms gesture at the referee. It was a booking, all day, compounded by Ball then getting booked for what I personally thought was frustration with himself and the situation more than the decision.

The behind goal view is the best of the Dykes incident. Referee doesn't get that of course, but the linesman who he relied upon to tell him whether it was in or out of the box would clearly have been able to see the ball was under control and ready to strike from the side.

I'm interested to know whether you agree with my theory that referees who wouldn't ordinarily be given qpr v watford, brentford v qpr are getting them now because there's no crowd, and they maybe think it's a chance to get higher profile more difficult games into inexperienced officials. I'd ordinarily expect both games to be getting somebody like tim robinson, simon hooper, paul tierney etc.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 18:44 - Nov 28 with 2938 viewsHarbour

THanks Clive great report. The push on Dykes was a stonewall red the ref bottled it ...
Login to get fewer ads

Different story, same outcome — Report on 18:53 - Nov 28 with 2907 viewsstevec

Until you see the camera behind the goal you’re not totally sure whether Dykes has the ball under control, that camera angle did surprise me so can’t blame the ref for only booking the defender.

I’d have been more angry if we’d suffered the disallowed Toney goal.

Still, anything that distracts from our woeful defending, perhaps Warbs can do a rendition of Neil Diamond at his next after match interview.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 18:55 - Nov 28 with 2900 viewsNewBee

Different story, same outcome — Report on 17:03 - Nov 28 by LongsufferingR

How on earth were fans allowed in?

They (we) weren't.

I'm told by someone who should know that there were no more than the usual permitted compliment of essential staff, and directors etc.

Meaning I'd like to know where this mythical "200" came from. Warburton? Nick London? (Is he the QPR match commentator btw?)

Either way, it's gash, for no other reason than that if BFC were found to breaking the rules, we'd be the last club in England to get a H&S certificate for when fans are allowed back in the stadium.

Also, an unofficial admission of fans would mean we couldn't be seen to be carrying out normal Covid procedures like temperature checks, meaning an increased chance of the virus infecting the club, which we could also do without.

Oh, and if the media ever got wind of it, then we'd get no end of shit from them either, SkySportsBrentford or no.

But apart from that....
Different story, same outcome — Report on 18:58 - Nov 28 with 2905 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Steve,

I agree about the defending. Not picking a hole in what you say but just wanted to add that the first goal is completely down to BOS not tracking back properly. He does get back as he can be seen at the edge of the box but he's nowhere near his full-back. So that one's not on the defence. I know you didn't say it was, just wanted to stick up for them on that one.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Different story, same outcome — Report on 19:07 - Nov 28 with 2883 viewsNorthernr

Different story, same outcome — Report on 18:55 - Nov 28 by NewBee

They (we) weren't.

I'm told by someone who should know that there were no more than the usual permitted compliment of essential staff, and directors etc.

Meaning I'd like to know where this mythical "200" came from. Warburton? Nick London? (Is he the QPR match commentator btw?)

Either way, it's gash, for no other reason than that if BFC were found to breaking the rules, we'd be the last club in England to get a H&S certificate for when fans are allowed back in the stadium.

Also, an unofficial admission of fans would mean we couldn't be seen to be carrying out normal Covid procedures like temperature checks, meaning an increased chance of the virus infecting the club, which we could also do without.

Oh, and if the media ever got wind of it, then we'd get no end of shit from them either, SkySportsBrentford or no.

But apart from that....

Is the London Irish freelance PR consultant "essential staff", asking for a friend?
Different story, same outcome — Report on 19:17 - Nov 28 with 2848 viewsNewBee

Different story, same outcome — Report on 19:07 - Nov 28 by Northernr

Is the London Irish freelance PR consultant "essential staff", asking for a friend?

Yes.

But you got me on his 199 mates.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 19:41 - Nov 28 with 2784 viewsswitchingcode

Very good report of normal high level of amusement couple of points Toneys offside goal was not a header but a side foot volley and I think would have been ruled out anyway by VaR as his arm would def been over the line.Very surprised at you making Dykes your motm thought Chair was way ahead of anyone.
To be honest I wasn’t that impressed with Dykes and thought he disappeared second half and definitely never even had a shot.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 21:24 - Nov 28 with 2571 viewsVancouverHoop

Different story, same outcome — Report on 19:41 - Nov 28 by switchingcode

Very good report of normal high level of amusement couple of points Toneys offside goal was not a header but a side foot volley and I think would have been ruled out anyway by VaR as his arm would def been over the line.Very surprised at you making Dykes your motm thought Chair was way ahead of anyone.
To be honest I wasn’t that impressed with Dykes and thought he disappeared second half and definitely never even had a shot.

Approval-wise Dykes is on a long leash because:

a) There's no one else bar Bonne who, in spite out of outscoring Dykes in open play with fewer minutes, doesn't really look like he knows what he's supposed to be doing much of the time.

b) Dykes puts himself about, does a lot of running and is always thereabouts when he needs to be. He looks the part and has shown that for Scotland.

c) The woeful lack of service makes it hard to judge any of our strikers one way or the other.

d) He takes a mean penalty kick.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 09:15 - Nov 29 with 2047 viewsPinnerPaul

Different story, same outcome — Report on 18:10 - Nov 28 by Northernr

On the dissent by action thing, I get that, don't agree with it either, but as well as screaming in the lino's face, Dalsgaard also banged his hands together in his face, then turned and gave it the sort of 'fck off mate' flappy arms gesture at the referee. It was a booking, all day, compounded by Ball then getting booked for what I personally thought was frustration with himself and the situation more than the decision.

The behind goal view is the best of the Dykes incident. Referee doesn't get that of course, but the linesman who he relied upon to tell him whether it was in or out of the box would clearly have been able to see the ball was under control and ready to strike from the side.

I'm interested to know whether you agree with my theory that referees who wouldn't ordinarily be given qpr v watford, brentford v qpr are getting them now because there's no crowd, and they maybe think it's a chance to get higher profile more difficult games into inexperienced officials. I'd ordinarily expect both games to be getting somebody like tim robinson, simon hooper, paul tierney etc.

Cheers Clive.

As I said I didn't see all the incidents you quote but, yes sounds like their player WAS lucky to get away without a yellow for 'visual' dissent - as I say I have heard things at KPFS that would be a red all day long in the games I do but referees at this level just ignore it.

Interesting view on the red card - yes my only mitigating thought was that from the referee's position it may have seemed that Dykes didn't have the ball under control but even so at this level it doesn't have to be glued to his foot to be an obvious goalscoring opportunity and believe it or not that IS a factor mentioned in the laws.

30 yards from goal, on awful pitch with ball coming at pace, you would be struggling to call it an obvious goalscoring opportunity for a 13 year old or Sunday pub team for example - but here at worse, Dykes is one/two steps from the ball AT WORSE in the penalty area!

Interesting theory re the 'level'of officials - really have no idea - way above my level - the marking/assessment of officials at this level, but tell you what - just for the hell of it, I'll ask on RefChat - there are some ex higher level referees and tutors/observers on there who might know.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 11:02 - Nov 29 with 1906 viewsgigiisourgod

Different story, same outcome — Report on 18:55 - Nov 28 by NewBee

They (we) weren't.

But apart from that....

Must have been those pesky coloured seats...
Different story, same outcome — Report on 11:34 - Nov 29 with 1880 viewsfrancisbowles

Great report Clive. Love the references to Dykes, as some sort of Scottish hero. As long as you don't start referring to him as Charles Stuart (lost his head) or even Mary Queen of Scotts he will be doing ok.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 14:28 - Nov 29 with 1703 viewsNorthantsHoop

Great report, summed up how it went for me. I don't like their coach Thomas Frank, he is a bit weird and comes across as a bit sly. Still Sky sports love him and the "wonderful football" his team produces, still reckon they will mess up on promotion this season.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 14:59]
Different story, same outcome — Report on 15:35 - Nov 29 with 1629 viewsswitchingcode

Different story, same outcome — Report on 14:28 - Nov 29 by NorthantsHoop

Great report, summed up how it went for me. I don't like their coach Thomas Frank, he is a bit weird and comes across as a bit sly. Still Sky sports love him and the "wonderful football" his team produces, still reckon they will mess up on promotion this season.
[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 14:59]

Think we are all bias about our clubs and their staff.I’ve had the pleasure of both Warburton and Franks company and Sly is not a word I’d attach to him.Yes think most of our grounded fans get fed up with the Sky and Quest love in especially last season but we can’t control that and they say what’s worse than people talking about you is if their not.At least we can agree on the quality of Clive’s report.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 15:52 - Nov 29 with 1611 viewsNorthantsHoop

Different story, same outcome — Report on 15:35 - Nov 29 by switchingcode

Think we are all bias about our clubs and their staff.I’ve had the pleasure of both Warburton and Franks company and Sly is not a word I’d attach to him.Yes think most of our grounded fans get fed up with the Sky and Quest love in especially last season but we can’t control that and they say what’s worse than people talking about you is if their not.At least we can agree on the quality of Clive’s report.

My dislike of Frank comes from last season's play off semi final v Swansea, where he got in a confrontation with Swansea's Conor Roberts, when he tried to stop Roberts from retrieving the ball for a throw and it started a touchline scuffle, hence me calling him sly. Very unsporting conduct from someone, who should no better, he should have been sent off.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 18:35 - Nov 29 with 1474 viewsBostonR

Different story, same outcome — Report on 18:10 - Nov 28 by Northernr

I noted Franks comments after the game, when he said the Dykes incident was borderline! Fecking mental from him, given had that been the other way he would have shat himself.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 22:43 - Nov 29 with 1258 viewsdaveB

Of course the red card that should have been was a major part of the game, if thats given they can't make the changes which basically won the midfield battle second half and the game but for me the big turning point was that Dykes chance right on half tine, if he squares it to Chair or takes a touch and scores we'd have won that game. It's become a bit of a running joke from Warburton talking about missed chances costing us after we've conceded 2 or 3 again but we really do miss big chances at key points of the game. Friday was very similar to the Fulham away game last season
Different story, same outcome — Report on 07:55 - Nov 30 with 1075 viewsDannyPaddox

The Toney Tone goal reminded me of Harry Kane’s winner against us way back long ago in the Prem. In respect that anyone with just a cursory knowledge of football over the few preceding weeks before the game (let alone the past year) would know this player is the form player and the main goal danger ie: man in front, man behind. I’m no tactical genius but this was my main concern before the game.

So football club cliche #237: what do we fcuking do all week. Or what do we do all 3 days between games. As it’s something within our control I find this more of a wind-up than even the disgracefully dodgy refereeing.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 9:18]
Different story, same outcome — Report on 09:17 - Nov 30 with 988 viewsswitchingcode

Different story, same outcome — Report on 18:35 - Nov 29 by BostonR

I noted Franks comments after the game, when he said the Dykes incident was borderline! Fecking mental from him, given had that been the other way he would have shat himself.

Yes saw that and thought he was talking about the offside but I agree can’t see why he can’t just say we got away with one there.Have a look if you can’t remember but 2 seasons ago at GP Watkins was one on one with Ingram and was wiped out penalty and only yellow card given Watkins kick is saved I wasn’t happy but later told the rules are if a genuine attempt to get the ball is made then it’s a yellow.
Fair play to Oli after he said it probably was a red which I think it was the same as Friday nights should have been.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024