Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Different story, same outcome — Report 16:27 - Nov 28 with 4769 viewsNorthernr

Different story, same outcome — Report 28th Nov 2020 16:08
QPR’s 2020/21 trip to Brentford came with a better performance and different narrative than its predecessors, but ultimately the same result from a controversial game on Friday evening. 11

Different story, same outcome — Report on 09:23 - Nov 30 with 808 viewsDannyPaddox

Different story, same outcome — Report on 09:17 - Nov 30 by switchingcode

Yes saw that and thought he was talking about the offside but I agree can’t see why he can’t just say we got away with one there.Have a look if you can’t remember but 2 seasons ago at GP Watkins was one on one with Ingram and was wiped out penalty and only yellow card given Watkins kick is saved I wasn’t happy but later told the rules are if a genuine attempt to get the ball is made then it’s a yellow.
Fair play to Oli after he said it probably was a red which I think it was the same as Friday nights should have been.

Wasn't he not sent off cos it's double jeopardy - if that rule was in place back then.

Bottom line is the decision for the challenge on Dykes Friday evening was a disgrace, from any angle. I don't like to use this word about an official but that was very close to cheating - very dodgy.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 09:34 - Nov 30 with 786 viewsswitchingcode

Different story, same outcome — Report on 09:23 - Nov 30 by DannyPaddox

Wasn't he not sent off cos it's double jeopardy - if that rule was in place back then.

Bottom line is the decision for the challenge on Dykes Friday evening was a disgrace, from any angle. I don't like to use this word about an official but that was very close to cheating - very dodgy.

Not sure if that rule still stands but at the time that is what I was told by a referee.I don’t think it was cheating just gross incompetence by the referee Friday night.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 10:17 - Nov 30 with 746 viewsAntti_Heinola

Different story, same outcome — Report on 18:35 - Nov 29 by BostonR

I noted Franks comments after the game, when he said the Dykes incident was borderline! Fecking mental from him, given had that been the other way he would have shat himself.

yeah, but managers rarely ever admit stuff like that - even saying 'borderline' was an admission it was a red!

Bare bones.

Different story, same outcome — Report on 10:27 - Nov 30 with 728 viewsdaveB

Yes saw that and thought he was talking about the offside but I agree can’t see why he can’t just say we got away with one there.Have a look if you can’t remember but 2 seasons ago at GP Watkins was one on one with Ingram and was wiped out penalty and only yellow card given Watkins kick is saved I wasn’t happy but later told the rules are if a genuine attempt to get the ball is made then it’s a yellow.
Fair play to Oli after he said it probably was a red which I think it was the same as Friday nights should have been.

I think if the keeper brings them down and a penalty is given it's a yellow card, no idea if that has changed since
Different story, same outcome — Report on 10:31 - Nov 30 with 726 viewsnix

Different story, same outcome — Report on 09:34 - Nov 30 by switchingcode

Not sure if that rule still stands but at the time that is what I was told by a referee.I don’t think it was cheating just gross incompetence by the referee Friday night.

It's the inconsistency between referees that gets me. When Wallace was sent off last season for a similar offence against Notts Forest, I don't think any QPR fans complained about it, except for saying Wallace was an idiot. In that case there was arguably more chance of cover and Lolley was further out but we still thought, fair enough you can't foul someone if you might appear last man and get away with it.

If you knew that you'd get the same decisions on a game by game basis, no one would whinge about it. Do they not all get together and agree on what constitutes a yellow or red card, because there certainly doesn't seem to be consensus?
Different story, same outcome — Report on 10:51 - Nov 30 with 703 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Different story, same outcome — Report on 10:31 - Nov 30 by nix

It's the inconsistency between referees that gets me. When Wallace was sent off last season for a similar offence against Notts Forest, I don't think any QPR fans complained about it, except for saying Wallace was an idiot. In that case there was arguably more chance of cover and Lolley was further out but we still thought, fair enough you can't foul someone if you might appear last man and get away with it.

If you knew that you'd get the same decisions on a game by game basis, no one would whinge about it. Do they not all get together and agree on what constitutes a yellow or red card, because there certainly doesn't seem to be consensus?

It's what makes football fun for me and is why i'm not a fan of VAR.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 10:52 - Nov 30 with 700 viewsNorthernr

Different story, same outcome — Report on 10:51 - Nov 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'll take 1,000 of those decisions on Friday over sitting through one VAR infested game at Loftus Road.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 11:01 - Nov 30 with 690 viewsAntti_Heinola

Yeah, worryingly, Thomas frank said after the game VAR was 'probably' coming to the Championship.
I think if that's ont he table fans need to get together and fast, because VAR is bl00dy awful. It was the wrong decision not the send Janssen off, but as you say, Clive, I'll take that over fkn VAR ruining every single game it's involved in.
If the Prem wants it, fine. Not for proper football, thanks.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Different story, same outcome — Report on 11:03 - Nov 30 with 686 viewsNorthernr

Different story, same outcome — Report on 11:01 - Nov 30 by Antti_Heinola

Yeah, worryingly, Thomas frank said after the game VAR was 'probably' coming to the Championship.
I think if that's ont he table fans need to get together and fast, because VAR is bl00dy awful. It was the wrong decision not the send Janssen off, but as you say, Clive, I'll take that over fkn VAR ruining every single game it's involved in.
If the Prem wants it, fine. Not for proper football, thanks.

Quite apart from it being absolutely fcking horrendous, and the vast majority hating it, I would say the cost of bringing it into our league, at a time when they're all skint, would prevent it coming our way any time soon.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 11:05 - Nov 30 with 681 viewstoboboly

Different story, same outcome — Report on 11:03 - Nov 30 by Northernr

Quite apart from it being absolutely fcking horrendous, and the vast majority hating it, I would say the cost of bringing it into our league, at a time when they're all skint, would prevent it coming our way any time soon.

Just seen a good cost saving idea from the Essex Senior League - game times brought forward to negate the need for flood light usage. Games at 2pm if both clubs agree.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Different story, same outcome — Report on 11:15 - Nov 30 with 680 viewsNorthernr

Different story, same outcome — Report on 11:05 - Nov 30 by toboboly

Just seen a good cost saving idea from the Essex Senior League - game times brought forward to negate the need for flood light usage. Games at 2pm if both clubs agree.

My man at Sky suggests we've got a kick off change coming down the pipe in the next few weeks that'll have you rolling your eyes...
Different story, same outcome — Report on 11:27 - Nov 30 with 651 viewsMick_S

Different story, same outcome — Report on 11:15 - Nov 30 by Northernr

My man at Sky suggests we've got a kick off change coming down the pipe in the next few weeks that'll have you rolling your eyes...

I'm going for a Sunday 11:00 am kick off.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Different story, same outcome — Report on 12:03 - Nov 30 with 624 viewsOldPedro

Different story, same outcome — Report on 11:15 - Nov 30 by Northernr

Could it be this 5:30 ko on a Tuesday evening

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Different story, same outcome — Report on 12:15 - Nov 30 with 598 viewsTheChef

Different story, same outcome — Report on 12:03 - Nov 30 by OldPedro

Hate to say it but through a combination of Sky/red button/QPR stream I've probably seen more QPR matches this season than in the last three or four seasons.

Hooray for Covid and lockdown...

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Different story, same outcome — Report on 12:25 - Nov 30 with 581 viewsAntti_Heinola

Different story, same outcome — Report on 12:03 - Nov 30 by OldPedro

Er... what?

Week around Christmas, fine. But 15th? wtf?

Bare bones.

Different story, same outcome — Report on 12:29 - Nov 30 with 570 viewsLongsufferingR

So the lucky 2000 who were going to attend their first game n 6 months now to have take time off work (if they still have a job to go to) or won't be able to go at all!
Different story, same outcome — Report on 12:57 - Nov 30 with 527 viewsswitchingcode

Different story, same outcome — Report on 10:51 - Nov 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

The same here although maybe Var would have ruled out Toneys winner very borderline
Different story, same outcome — Report on 13:03 - Nov 30 with 524 viewsdaveB

Different story, same outcome — Report on 12:57 - Nov 30 by switchingcode

The same here although maybe Var would have ruled out Toneys winner very borderline

I don't want to see goals ruled out due to lines being drawn on the pitch and someone getting tape measures out. I'd rather get beat and moan about it
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 13:03]
Different story, same outcome — Report on 13:22 - Nov 30 with 502 viewsMyke

I remember when Liverpool was sponsored by Carslberg. Would they have won the premier league the season before last if there was no VAR? - probably
Different story, same outcome — Report on 14:10 - Nov 30 with 461 viewsNewBee

Different story, same outcome — Report on 10:17 - Nov 30 by Antti_Heinola

yeah, but managers rarely ever admit stuff like that - even saying 'borderline' was an admission it was a red!

I prefer it when my Manager comes out and simply says, "Yeah, we got away with that one big time".

(It pisses off the opposition even more! )
Different story, same outcome — Report on 14:23 - Nov 30 with 446 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Different story, same outcome — Report on 12:57 - Nov 30 by switchingcode

Then we would have nothing to bitch about today. Swings and roundabouts.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 14:26 - Nov 30 with 439 viewsPinnerPaul

Different story, same outcome — Report on 18:35 - Nov 29 by BostonR

I noted Franks comments after the game, when he said the Dykes incident was borderline! Fecking mental from him, given had that been the other way he would have shat himself.

They are all the same - MW said Kane's 2nd yellow wasn't!
Different story, same outcome — Report on 14:29 - Nov 30 with 435 viewsPinnerPaul

Different story, same outcome — Report on 19:41 - Nov 28 by switchingcode

Very good report of normal high level of amusement couple of points Toneys offside goal was not a header but a side foot volley and I think would have been ruled out anyway by VaR as his arm would def been over the line.Very surprised at you making Dykes your motm thought Chair was way ahead of anyone.
To be honest I wasn’t that impressed with Dykes and thought he disappeared second half and definitely never even had a shot.

Haven't seen it but if it WAS just his arm 'offside' - then that's onside.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 14:36 - Nov 30 with 423 viewsPinnerPaul

Its only yellow when denying a goalscoring opportunity if its A) In the penalty area AND B) a genuine attempt for the ball.

So as this was a push in the back - this should have been a red card in or out of the penalty area.

As regular readers will know I always try to see this incidents from a referee's perspective and will sometimes go against the popular view, but haven't read one single person either on here or 'RefChat' - Forum for qualified referees - who thinks that wasn't a red.

As I explained above its 'possible' ref thought Dykes didn't have the ball under control but from any angle, for a player at this level, even if the ball a metre or so away, which it may have been AT WORSE, that WAS an obvious goalscoring opportunity.
Different story, same outcome — Report on 15:32 - Nov 30 with 377 viewsdaveB

When VAR was first mooted I liked the idea of it and wanted to see it tried out and the ikes of Clive on here were adamant it would be a disaster, they've been proved 100% correct and I couldn't have been more wrong. It's a horrific experience now.

It was sold as looking at the big calls that are given wrong but it doesn't do that, it's become a pedantic way to referee a game of football.

I watched the Brighton v Liverpool game on Saturday, 4 big VAR calls and really only the Mane disallowed goal was one where you'd have the hump if it was given. All the others for the 2 pens and Salahs goal the on field decision was fine, all 50/50 calls so go with the ref and get on with it. The whole experience of watching these games is crap, you know if a goal goes in there is a good chance it won't be a goal, it's like watching a game of a game on the playstation now

If VAR was in place for the Championship that game on Friday would have been a farce. The first Brentford goal would have been checked as the attacker in front of Deing was possibly offside and possibly blocking his view. The Toney disallowed one would have been checked as well as the one he scored as his armpit might be offside, all borderline decisions and can't have a real complaint if they are given either way. I bet Dykes goal would have been checked as well as we all sit around and wait.

Sooner they bin VAR the better
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024