Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Klopp 20:13 - Nov 28 with 1233 viewsBobbi66

Please stop moaning two games a week is not that hard.

Klopp on 20:32 - Nov 28 with 1201 viewssupahoopsa

Agree 100%

Modern players and managers are so mollycoddled

Blue & White hooped blood runs through the family

Klopp on 20:41 - Nov 28 with 1179 viewsaston_hoop

Take a look at this lot Jurgen, thats what the rest of us have to do when we have a few injuries. Or perhaps acknowledge that you didnt need to do a full European campaign this season?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverpool_F.C._Reserves_and_Academy

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Klopp on 20:42 - Nov 28 with 1175 viewsterryb

To be fair to Klopp he did have a go at the Sky interviewer today.

He was asked if it was a penalty & he said YES. The interviewer then said "but some Brighton players are saying that it wasn't"

Klopp replied "that you have a go at me if I say the decision was wrong & now your having a go when I say it was correct."*

* These are not the actual words used!
Klopp on 21:23 - Nov 28 with 1124 viewsPhildo

Klopp on 20:42 - Nov 28 by terryb

To be fair to Klopp he did have a go at the Sky interviewer today.

He was asked if it was a penalty & he said YES. The interviewer then said "but some Brighton players are saying that it wasn't"

Klopp replied "that you have a go at me if I say the decision was wrong & now your having a go when I say it was correct."*

* These are not the actual words used!

It was BT and I thought there were a few nods to project big picture in what he was saying the dick. Really dislike LFC
Klopp on 22:04 - Nov 28 with 1075 viewsThe_Beast1976

Exactly. I remember when Sir Les scored 2 hattricks in 3 days in 1993. That's how you do it! What an Easter weekend that was!
[Post edited 28 Nov 2020 22:05]
Klopp on 22:26 - Nov 28 with 1026 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Some of you guys are in the Dark Ages.

Sports science tells us two games a week is a bad idea.
The standard goes down (for everyone) and the injuries mount up.
Klopp on 22:38 - Nov 28 with 1012 viewsStanFan

The game has changed. The players are expected to press and chase back.

People go on about the heavy pitches back in the day and the number of matches but, if you watch the games, everyone is strolling about. Forwards didn't chase back. Midfielders didn't press like they do now.

More energy and chasing = more chance of injury.

I really like Klopp but he lost it today. I can see his frustration. He lost 2 points to questionable penalty and a series of VAR calls. He has yet another injury to an already injury-hit squad. And the interviewers are trying to get him to say something newsworthy. As he said himself, he foolishly fell for it and will get plenty of stick as a result. He's only human!
Klopp on 01:13 - Nov 29 with 940 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Klopp on 22:26 - Nov 28 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Some of you guys are in the Dark Ages.

Sports science tells us two games a week is a bad idea.
The standard goes down (for everyone) and the injuries mount up.

Great post here Spaghetti hit the nail right on the head and I think Liverpool had 3 games this week to further stress the players.
Its not just the games I think but the lack of recovery and travel thats killing the entire sport.
JK clearly stated multiple times he is not just talking about Liverpool but the entire league.
I believe he will be proved right over the crazy Christmas mad rush of games a lot of players could go down, hopefully not but its hard to see how they stay fit and healthy
Login to get fewer ads

Klopp on 01:25 - Nov 29 with 931 viewsbob566

I like klopp. He's refreshing. What do you want. A bore like pep
Klopp on 08:03 - Nov 29 with 864 viewsbakerloo8

Couldn't get a shite about Klopp and his massive squad of Billionaires. Try living in the normal world for a bit for a sense of realism.
No sympathy at all 👌
Klopp on 08:58 - Nov 29 with 819 viewsdenhamhoop2

His first point about the 12 30 kick off well "he who pays the piper calls the tune" at the moment TV is paying his players wages so if they wish them to kick off at 6 am wearing tutus then that's what will happen. The second point about 5 subs is quite salient and the risk of injury especially when trying to shoehorn 9 months of football into 7 months. God knows what sort of quality the Euros will be for the better nations who's players will have played high intensity games in 2 seasons basically back to back. Might be worth a punt on one of the middling tier teams to do a Greece
Klopp on 09:27 - Nov 29 with 770 viewsPaddyhoops

He might have been wrong on one or two points but you can't but admire his passion.
Let's not bullshit ourselves, players are being flogged to death at all levels to shoe horn a congested season into a small period of time.
We've played 3 matches in 6 days with a small squad of players. It's ludicrous .
As was rightly pointed out here, you will see a substandard Euros next summer as result.
I know these players are on huge wages but I'd sooner see them earning top dollar than corporate fat cats or our self serving politicians.
Klopp on 09:32 - Nov 29 with 765 viewsphilc

As Denhamhoop says the Premiership teams want to chase TV money which means games at odd times. I’ve been told that the 12:30 kick off is so that the Far Eastern countries can watch live.

The clubs should look to their own CEO, CFO and Owners who just want to maximise income rather than the good of their players or the game as a whole.

Having said that there too many games for the length of the season, TV games need to be scheduled better for the clubs playing in Europe and why continue with international friendly

Also I have understood correctly that the Premiership voted against 5 subs but the EFL has?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024