Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Championship Top 3 22:33 - Nov 28 with 1715 viewsThe_Beast1976

Is now the 3 relegated from Prem last season. Almost the closed shop they dream of
Championship Top 3 on 22:41 - Nov 28 with 1686 viewsStanFan

The game is all about money now and they:
(a) have the most; and
(b) are allowed to spend the most because of parachute payments.

They call it Financial Fair Play but there's nothing Fair about it.
Championship Top 3 on 22:43 - Nov 28 with 1678 viewsNorthernr

And none of them have played well.

I think this season their really big advantage is squad size. Norwich made 12 signings, Watford have 37 senior players. Just look at their benches. That’s where it’s telling in this schedule.
Championship Top 3 on 22:51 - Nov 28 with 1649 viewsOldPedro

Championship Top 3 on 22:43 - Nov 28 by Northernr

I think this season their really big advantage is squad size. Norwich made 12 signings, Watford have 37 senior players. Just look at their benches. That’s where it’s telling in this schedule.

And 5 subs helps them even more

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Championship Top 3 on 01:29 - Nov 29 with 1573 viewsdavman

Championship Top 3 on 22:43 - Nov 28 by Northernr

Forest the obvious exception to that at the moment.

Agree with the Beast here, with the gap what it is, it will be the same ones coming up and down.

It's already happening with the league below us. Just look at how bad Hull were in the second half of last season and look where they are now. Charlton in third with Wigan a little off the pace, but only because of their supremely fir and proper owners actions last season.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Championship Top 3 on 01:59 - Nov 29 with 1558 viewsbob566

Championship Top 3 on 22:41 - Nov 28 by StanFan

The game is all about money now and they:
(a) have the most; and
(b) are allowed to spend the most because of parachute payments.

They call it Financial Fair Play but there's nothing Fair about it.

We were relegated from the premier league. How come we didn't get auto top 3.
Championship Top 3 on 02:20 - Nov 29 with 1547 viewsMatch82

Championship Top 3 on 01:59 - Nov 29 by bob566

We were relegated from the premier league. How come we didn't get auto top 3.

To be fair, we are probably the poster child for this! When we came down in 13 we came fourth with a ludicrous squad and throwing (a lot) more money than we actually had at promotion!
Championship Top 3 on 10:24 - Nov 29 with 1406 viewsessextaxiboy

I dont mind going back to being the unfancied underdog , It takes the pressure off and everything is so much better when you get a bit of success , which we will if we stick on the current path IMO
Championship Top 3 on 10:48 - Nov 29 with 1359 viewsted_hendrix

Of course I want success for the club and it goes without saying the last thing I want for the club is relegation.

But I honestly despise the Premiership and It's obsession with cash and It's obsession with just about anything that has very little to do with football matches but more to do with players personalities and their bloody wags and their personal Managers and KO times and fat Frank and somebody called bloody Pep and then of course, never mind bolox to it.

By all accounts we're moving in the right direction.

Wash your hands.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Championship Top 3 on 11:02 - Nov 29 with 1331 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Championship Top 3 on 01:29 - Nov 29 by davman

Forest the obvious exception to that at the moment.

Agree with the Beast here, with the gap what it is, it will be the same ones coming up and down.

It's already happening with the league below us. Just look at how bad Hull were in the second half of last season and look where they are now. Charlton in third with Wigan a little off the pace, but only because of their supremely fir and proper owners actions last season.

Bournmouth, Norwich and Watford had success (i.e promotion) then built their squads. The difference with Forest is that they've built a massive squad and expected it to bring them success.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Championship Top 3 on 11:20 - Nov 29 with 1300 viewstimcocking

Championship Top 3 on 10:48 - Nov 29 by ted_hendrix

Of course I want success for the club and it goes without saying the last thing I want for the club is relegation.

But I honestly despise the Premiership and It's obsession with cash and It's obsession with just about anything that has very little to do with football matches but more to do with players personalities and their bloody wags and their personal Managers and KO times and fat Frank and somebody called bloody Pep and then of course, never mind bolox to it.

Wash your hands.

Spot on Ted. Fck 'em all.
Championship Top 3 on 11:51 - Nov 29 with 1231 viewsdm97

Championship Top 3 on 11:02 - Nov 29 by CliveWilsonSaid

Bournmouth, Norwich and Watford had success (i.e promotion) then built their squads. The difference with Forest is that they've built a massive squad and expected it to bring them success.

Very good point.

Do despise the fact Watford have had relative success in their managerial/recruitment processes, that contradict everything anyone has ever said about 'stability', and would love it to blow up in their Udinese-loving face
Championship Top 3 on 17:20 - Nov 29 with 1088 viewsThe_Beast1976

Championship Top 3 on 10:48 - Nov 29 by ted_hendrix

Wash your hands.

Yep, agree with you
Championship Top 3 on 19:17 - Nov 29 with 969 viewsslmrstid

Early days yet though still, I'd be very surprised if they all finished top 3 come the end of the season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024