Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Darth Vader (and the Green Cross Code man) 06:28 - Nov 29 with 1496 viewsJuzzie

Dave Prowse, 85. Good innings.

[Post edited 29 Nov 2020 13:36]
RIP Darth Vader (and the Green Cross Road man) on 07:58 - Nov 29 with 1456 viewsMrSheen

I used to go to his gym near Borough tube. If he was six foot six, I was eleven foot twenty-three!

By then (early 90s) he wore a built-up boot and iron splints on one leg, as his heel had crumbled away. He blamed it on steroids.
RIP Darth Vader (and the Green Cross Road man) on 09:34 - Nov 29 with 1434 viewsRangersDave

The force is no longer strong in this one. RIP big man.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

RIP Darth Vader (and the Green Cross Road man) on 10:08 - Nov 29 with 1412 viewsToast_R

Met him once as Darth Vader at Gamleys toy shop in Sutton just after ROTJ release. Played the most iconic baddie in movie history.

Wasnt he also the bodybuilder guy in A Clockwork Orange?
RIP Darth Vader (and the Green Cross Road man) on 10:25 - Nov 29 with 1402 viewsbosh67

RIP to the big man. Great role in Star Wars and a lovely chap by all accounts. Loved that he was put out that James Earl Jones got the speaking role for Darth Vader. Always liked the idea of Vader having a west country accent. "Down on the Death Starrrr!"

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

RIP Darth Vader (and the Green Cross Road man) on 11:17 - Nov 29 with 1360 viewstimcocking

Remarkably, Darth Vader got hold of my Dad's number a few years back, used to order Pasties from time to time. Met my Dad a number of times, a very nice man.

RIP
RIP Darth Vader (and the Green Cross Code man) on 19:58 - Nov 29 with 1246 viewsGaryT

He was also the bodyguard to my avatar. RIP big man

RIP Darth Vader (and the Green Cross Code man) on 09:58 - Nov 30 with 1162 viewsMetallica_Hoop

He came to my school as the Green Cross code man.

I watched some of the original dialogue as Darth Vader. I can see why they over dubbed him.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2020 10:13]

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

RIP Darth Vader (and the Green Cross Code man) on 11:31 - Nov 30 with 1125 viewsrobith

A story that I think typifies the man is that he was upset they didn't tell him that Vader was telling Luke was he was his son, because he would've physically played the scene differently.

RIP
Login to get fewer ads

RIP Darth Vader (and the Green Cross Code man) on 16:53 - Dec 1 with 1054 viewsJuzzie

RIP Darth Vader (and the Green Cross Code man) on 11:31 - Nov 30 by robith

A story that I think typifies the man is that he was upset they didn't tell him that Vader was telling Luke was he was his son, because he would've physically played the scene differently.

RIP

Yeah, Mark Hammill knew about an hour before shooting so was able to react accordingly but the dialogue Dave spoke was different. I think it went like this;

Prowse: "Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father"

Hamill: "He told me enough, he told me you killed him"

Prowse: "No, he became a Chelsea fan"

Hamill: "No, no, that's not true, that's impossible"

Prowse: "Search your feelings, you know it to be true"

Hamill: "Noooooooooo!, nooooo"
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024