Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Todd Kayne 16:52 - Dec 19 with 1669 viewssevenhoop

Anyone ever see him actually not allow his man a free run at him over 10 yards and then do whatever he wants with it? What a complete liability
Todd Kayne on 20:13 - Dec 19 with 1487 viewsbakerloo8

Poor player on a gazillion year contract unfortunately.
Todd Kayne on 20:31 - Dec 19 with 1437 viewsNortholt_Rs

Who signed him? Surely not the DOF...?

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Todd Kayne on 20:41 - Dec 19 with 1413 viewsactonman

Apparently Chelsea wanted to keep him ,? Yeah course they did
Todd Kayne on 21:05 - Dec 19 with 1345 viewsMedwayR

Todd Kayne on 20:41 - Dec 19 by actonman

Apparently Chelsea wanted to keep him ,? Yeah course they did

I expect they did, a big part of their business plan is to create revenue by loaning out players which is exactly what they were doing with Kane, losing him cost them revenue. A sad side of modern football.

Poll: Who’s better?

Todd Kayne on 21:10 - Dec 19 with 1321 viewsozexile

I can't even remember the game a couple of weeks ago as the games are just blending into 1 with the same mistakes again and again. But he could have challenged the opposition ball carrier but left him to curl it in the top corner just so he could get into position at RB. Was it Huddersfield?
Todd Kayne on 21:11 - Dec 19 with 1316 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Todd Kayne on 21:10 - Dec 19 by ozexile

I can't even remember the game a couple of weeks ago as the games are just blending into 1 with the same mistakes again and again. But he could have challenged the opposition ball carrier but left him to curl it in the top corner just so he could get into position at RB. Was it Huddersfield?

Yep, the first against Huddersfield. Still, he's not actually our worst full back!
Todd Kayne on 21:16 - Dec 19 with 1289 viewsactonman

Todd Kayne on 21:05 - Dec 19 by MedwayR

I expect they did, a big part of their business plan is to create revenue by loaning out players which is exactly what they were doing with Kane, losing him cost them revenue. A sad side of modern football.

Makes sense , had as much chance of playing in their first team as me
Todd Kayne on 21:17 - Dec 19 with 1284 viewsBrianWilson

He's changed since he started spelling his name with the Y in the middle. Used to be a salt of the earth fella but thinks he's a popstar now.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Login to get fewer ads

Todd Kayne on 21:55 - Dec 19 with 1233 viewsessextaxiboy

The scorer was the left back, watch it from behind the goal and you will see BOS having a gentle jog 30 yards behind him
Todd Kayne on 14:23 - Dec 20 with 997 viewssevenhoop

Goal after goal, chance after chance, conceded by him backing away and letting people have a clear run. It’s just ‘non-defending’. And yesterday another one. At least get a bloody challenge in and force the bloke to beat you, not wait for colleagues to do your job for you, and they invariably don’t. Like many of our goals against, that was so bloody defendable and so bloody frustrating!
Todd Kayne on 14:33 - Dec 20 with 967 viewsBrixtonR

Shame he can't even have 10% of this. Fkn Abject

Todd Kayne on 14:39 - Dec 20 with 951 viewsdaveB

Todd Kayne on 14:23 - Dec 20 by sevenhoop

Goal after goal, chance after chance, conceded by him backing away and letting people have a clear run. It’s just ‘non-defending’. And yesterday another one. At least get a bloody challenge in and force the bloke to beat you, not wait for colleagues to do your job for you, and they invariably don’t. Like many of our goals against, that was so bloody defendable and so bloody frustrating!

If comes out and blocks the run he is going to leave a big space in behind him, He's not helped by his right winger walking back. I thought the keeper should have it yesterday, wasn't a great shot
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 14:40]
Todd Kayne on 14:44 - Dec 20 with 927 viewsstainrods_elbow

I don't know whether it's that Ka(y)ne is just a crap 'non-defender', our coaching team can't/won't coach, or a combination of both, but if MW keeps playing him at right-back, we'll keep conceding. Unfortunately, our now heavily contracted King of Umlauts on the other side is just as bad.

As I think he's better going forwards, I actually think Kane could do a job in right midfield, if he could learn to cross a ball. The problem is we don't have the time for him to find out if he has the ability to become a proper player.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Todd Kayne on 14:47 - Dec 20 with 920 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Todd Kayne on 14:39 - Dec 20 by daveB

If comes out and blocks the run he is going to leave a big space in behind him, He's not helped by his right winger walking back. I thought the keeper should have it yesterday, wasn't a great shot
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 14:40]

I agree that Dieng should have saved it, Dave.

But I think Kane had to attack the ball sooner. As last man, you have to go to the ball carrier.

Edit - also agreed on BOS.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 14:48]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Todd Kayne on 15:12 - Dec 20 with 864 viewsPinnerPaul

Todd Kayne on 14:47 - Dec 20 by BrianMcCarthy

I agree that Dieng should have saved it, Dave.

But I think Kane had to attack the ball sooner. As last man, you have to go to the ball carrier.

Edit - also agreed on BOS.
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 14:48]

and as we said and I've had a rant about on the Match Thread, how Bonne/Willock managed to give away a throw in the opposite corner just before when faced with a not very near ONE defender is beyond me!
Todd Kayne on 15:35 - Dec 20 with 827 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Kane had just got into the Huddersfield penalty area when they broke. Different situation. In hindsight he should have sprinted all the way back and taken responsibility for stopping the ball carrier. Easier said than done.

Maybe the Wycombe backing off was part of the general plan but the block did not arrive and Dieng let quite a soft one in. Not excusing Kane as he backed off too far.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024