Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Alternatives 17:58 - Dec 19 with 7056 viewsHastings_Hoops

Is Eustace a managerial option?..

Knows the squad - good, bad and its potential.

Would work with the squad he’s got.

Key point... maybe more flexible and less stubborn?
Alternatives on 18:01 - Dec 19 with 3984 viewsflynnbo

Any new manager would expect some funds to work with and with the January window approaching then time is of the essence. Selling Bright would seem to be a priority right now if the new person can't use any existing funds.
Would dearly love Warburton to succeed but some hard questions now need to be asked.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 18:03]
Alternatives on 18:01 - Dec 19 with 3978 viewsEsox_Lucius

We already have a manager with exactly the same knowledge as your suggestion. As was pointed out by someone else, most of our squad are in their 1st or 2nd year of laying at this level. What we need is to give MW a 5 year contract and use that stability to give this group the time to grow together and to add judiciously as when it's needed. Binning MW just leads to the managerial churn which hasn't worked for us long term in my lifetime.

The grass is always greener.

Alternatives on 18:06 - Dec 19 with 3936 viewsHastings_Hoops

Key thing is maintaining a football philosophy and squad - which appointing someone from within would do.

I am trying to support warbs, but his insistence on 4231 (isolating dykes and utilising inadequate full backs) and making the same 65th min subs is becoming very difficult to justify.

If BOS goes, this could have a very positive bi-product, as it means we are not forced to set up formation to accommodate him. I remain convinced that 3-5-2 would fix so many of the problems we currently see. If BOS was match winning for us regularly, there would be justification in building your formation around it.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 18:07]
Alternatives on 18:08 - Dec 19 with 3910 viewsNortholt_Rs

Alternatives on 18:01 - Dec 19 by flynnbo

Any new manager would expect some funds to work with and with the January window approaching then time is of the essence. Selling Bright would seem to be a priority right now if the new person can't use any existing funds.
Would dearly love Warburton to succeed but some hard questions now need to be asked.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 18:03]

There is zero evidence he is going to succeed though is there? Us getting relegated is odds on looking at performances and results - he HAS to go tonight.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Alternatives on 18:09 - Dec 19 with 3888 viewspaulparker

Pearson
Cowley
Robbins
Ainsworth
Cook
Bowyer
Ian evatt
Names off the top of my head who I think would come here
I have a feeling it will be Danny Cowley as he seems to have taken an interest in a lot of our tactics when he has been a pundit

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Alternatives on 18:16 - Dec 19 with 3809 viewsNov77

Alternatives on 18:01 - Dec 19 by Esox_Lucius

We already have a manager with exactly the same knowledge as your suggestion. As was pointed out by someone else, most of our squad are in their 1st or 2nd year of laying at this level. What we need is to give MW a 5 year contract and use that stability to give this group the time to grow together and to add judiciously as when it's needed. Binning MW just leads to the managerial churn which hasn't worked for us long term in my lifetime.

yeah give him a five year contract, we don't want Barcelona coming in and taking him off us like they did with El Tel.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Alternatives on 18:21 - Dec 19 with 3788 viewsDubaiR

I would take cowley, I would take cook. I would also look abroad others do it with relative success even Barnsley ffs.

Not a fan of pearson seems to be well respected for keeping Leicester up on a miracle run similar to Hughes did with us.

No chance of Howe.
Alternatives on 18:23 - Dec 19 with 3763 viewsVancouverHoop

It's standard ritual procedure though, like burning an effigy. It appeases frustrations and buys someone – anyone – else some time to turn things around.

I'm as frustrated as anyone, but I think the writing was on the wall back in the Summer.

1) We lost a generational player in Eze. Some of us believed that Chair and BOS would step-up, but neither are as complete, nor as skilled, a player as Eze. He was always going to be irreplaceable but we maybe didn't realise how much.

2) We also lost a fistful of other starters, Manning, Hugill, and Wells especially. We'll find others of their calibre eventually, but it takes time.

3) Our players look tired. Sure everyone's in the same boat gamewise but our squad is young, small in number, and breaking in new players, which makes it harder.
Login to get fewer ads

Alternatives on 18:23 - Dec 19 with 3747 viewsNed_Kennedys

Hmm weren’t you desperate to keep Steve McClaren as well?....

5 year contract 😂
Alternatives on 18:27 - Dec 19 with 3704 viewsGloucs_R

Not sure why anyone is mentioning Eustace. Done nothing at this level, can't see what he's done under either manager as part of the coaching team. Now has a league 1 squad and half a season. No thanks

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Alternatives on 18:38 - Dec 19 with 3574 viewsactonman

Errr ... it’s a no from me , what exactly is going to be different ?? Ffs
Alternatives on 19:58 - Dec 19 with 3344 viewsHastings_Hoops

Alternatives on 18:38 - Dec 19 by actonman

Errr ... it’s a no from me , what exactly is going to be different ?? Ffs

My point being that I remain unconvinced that the squad is the problem, it’s Warburton’s stubbornness - one might hope Eustace would not demand a new squad and could work Socratically with this squad (er... ffs and etc)
Alternatives on 19:59 - Dec 19 with 3344 viewsR_from_afar

I can't make up my mind if I want Warburton to go right now but if he does, I am thinking Paul Cook is the best option.

I'd like to think we are capable of unearthing a decent manager from overseas but with the pandemic rumbling on and its impact on international travel, I don't think now is the right time to try that.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Alternatives on 20:11 - Dec 19 with 3260 viewsrsonist

Eustace is a quantity (including degree of overfamiliarity/complicity) known only to those that work with him - though seems to have a burgeoning reputation within the game given the jobs he's been offered and linked with - but as caretaker after McClaren had a few ideas of his own and appeared able to get them across.

Obviously a continuity candidate isn't going to appeal to those who dream of us as Millwall in hoops.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 20:12]
Alternatives on 20:14 - Dec 19 with 3236 viewsthame_hoops

Lordy, some of you lot should just go and support Chelsea.

Warburton needs to be assured his job is safe for this season and for next.

Chopping and changing won’t do us any good. We need stability.

Sold our best player in the summer, what did you think would happen
Alternatives on 20:23 - Dec 19 with 3188 viewspaulparker

Alternatives on 20:14 - Dec 19 by thame_hoops

Err invest the money we had wisely and build from the back

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Alternatives on 20:29 - Dec 19 with 3169 viewsactonman

Alternatives on 20:14 - Dec 19 by thame_hoops

i assume you have watched us play recently ? If not I get your sentiment , however if you have been please enlighten us to the green shoots of progress you have been privileged to ?
Alternatives on 20:58 - Dec 19 with 3090 viewsbosh67

Yeah there are any alternatives really. We've just got to be f*cking better on the pitch and stop switching off.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Alternatives on 21:18 - Dec 19 with 3007 viewsCLAREMAN1995

The million dollar question hanging over everybody still remains have the players quit on MW ?.It looks like BOS has to most people on here but he is in the starting 11 every game which would upset me if I was being left out or subbed early game after game .
If its not the players throwing in the towel is it the formation and tactics coming from MW and his coaches .Or do we not have the talent in that squad to be in the top half of the table
Alternatives on 21:18 - Dec 19 with 3009 viewsT_Block

None.

You lot never learn please f**k-off and go and support someone else

T***s
Alternatives on 21:23 - Dec 19 with 2987 viewsloftboy

Alternatives on 21:18 - Dec 19 by T_Block

None.

T***s

Charming

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Alternatives on 21:28 - Dec 19 with 2963 viewsozexile

The problem is with Eustace is he has actually overseen taking Chair and Carroll off twice. Why is he not in Warburton's ear ? Is he just a yes man?
Alternatives on 21:29 - Dec 19 with 2960 viewsMyke

Alternatives on 18:09 - Dec 19 by paulparker

Pearson
Cowley
Robbins
Ainsworth
Cook
Bowyer
Ian evatt
Names off the top of my head who I think would come here
I have a feeling it will be Danny Cowley as he seems to have taken an interest in a lot of our tactics when he has been a pundit

You want Ainsworth here after watching THAT! And THAT is every week! - mind-boggling
Alternatives on 21:41 - Dec 19 with 2900 viewsactonman

Alternatives on 21:18 - Dec 19 by T_Block

None.

T***s

You’re right , everything is great , just a minor hiccup with results , we are playing great and creating untold chances every game just unlucky as one of our 1 shot on target each game is bound to go in one day.
It’s like every game we are showing more and more promise , it’s just a matter of time before we batter someone 1- 0. With a dykes penalty
Until then I shall be cheering on Jurgen klopps red men for some guaranteed exciting goal action
Alternatives on 22:36 - Dec 19 with 2780 viewsrsonist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Walter

If we fancy trying a Norwich/Barnsley instead of hoofball and Territorial Army larping I'd nominate this guy. Sort of a German Chris Wilder who did awesome stuff with a small club before getting chewed up and spat out at a dysfunctional bigger one.

Why yes I do have a Twitter account how could you tell.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024