Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
New poll on Warbs 20:23 - Dec 19 with 5893 viewsloftboy

Ew poll on Warbs

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

[Post edited 19 Dec 2020 20:23]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

New poll on Warbs on 15:23 - Dec 20 with 4209 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

Bump
New poll on Warbs on 15:24 - Dec 20 with 4202 viewsPinnerPaul

I am a genuine don't know, I really don't!
New poll on Warbs on 15:54 - Dec 20 with 4084 viewsBoston

New poll on Warbs on 15:24 - Dec 20 by PinnerPaul

Yeah, I'm not voting either, not yet anyway.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

New poll on Warbs on 16:13 - Dec 20 with 4045 viewsjohncharles

New poll on Warbs on 15:24 - Dec 20 by PinnerPaul

The ridiculous and bizarre substitutions yesterday. Getting rid of Warburton might not make things any better but it might stop them getting worse.

Strong and stable my arse.

New poll on Warbs on 16:27 - Dec 20 with 3995 viewsHastings_Hoops

Aside from my post on ‘Eustace as an alternative’ - I do think he should stay given the great work he put in last season and his patience over that time...

This view is coming a bit thread bare with every stubborn comment/decision and I think that the best advice he could take is to take a couple of steps Back and take some advice from some trusted co-managers.

...starting with a change to 3-5-2!
New poll on Warbs on 16:31 - Dec 20 with 3974 viewsNed_Kennedys

I’d give him the Swansea game to get a win. We all know what the result at Norwich in the game after that will be whoever is in charge.
New poll on Warbs on 16:56 - Dec 20 with 3921 viewsGloucs_R

I was almost lynched for putting up the original poll!!
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 19:11]

Poll: Are we staying up?

New poll on Warbs on 17:36 - Dec 20 with 3880 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

New poll on Warbs on 16:56 - Dec 20 by Gloucs_R

I was almost lynched for putting up the original poll!!
[Post edited 20 Dec 2020 19:11]

Just shows what a fickle lot Rangers supporters are. One loss to Reading in a match in which we had the balance of play, and two draws, and look where we are.

Your original poll had this result after a few days -
95 Must Stay
24 Decide when contracts up
5 Undecided
8 Needs to go

Now we have
41 Stay
32 Go
Login to get fewer ads

New poll on Warbs on 18:17 - Dec 20 with 3810 viewsNov77

Haven’t voted either. As much as warburton has to take responsibility, he’s had the rug pulled out from under him by the owners. They’ve handed him a turd with this squad.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

New poll on Warbs on 19:43 - Dec 20 with 3663 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New poll on Warbs on 17:36 - Dec 20 by Spaghetti_Hoops

Just shows what a fickle lot Rangers supporters are. One loss to Reading in a match in which we had the balance of play, and two draws, and look where we are.

Your original poll had this result after a few days -
95 Must Stay
24 Decide when contracts up
5 Undecided
8 Needs to go

Now we have
41 Stay
32 Go

I don't think we're fickle at all on this one, to be fair. I think we're being remarkably calm.

We've been poor for a long time now. There are certainly extenuating circumstances - FFP etc - but I think the game management in the last few weeks has really shocked a large portion of the fanbase. It's essential that our manager has the ability to positively affect games in progress and Warburton is not displaying that ability.

I love so much about our club right now and I will always be thankful to Warburton for a hugely enjoyable 19/20 season. But if the first team's in danger of relegation then all possible measures to avoid that have to be investigated and pursued.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New poll on Warbs on 09:21 - Dec 21 with 3429 viewsGloryHunter

New poll on Warbs on 19:43 - Dec 20 by BrianMcCarthy

I don't think we're fickle at all on this one, to be fair. I think we're being remarkably calm.

We've been poor for a long time now. There are certainly extenuating circumstances - FFP etc - but I think the game management in the last few weeks has really shocked a large portion of the fanbase. It's essential that our manager has the ability to positively affect games in progress and Warburton is not displaying that ability.

I love so much about our club right now and I will always be thankful to Warburton for a hugely enjoyable 19/20 season. But if the first team's in danger of relegation then all possible measures to avoid that have to be investigated and pursued.

Typically thoughtful analysis from Brian. There must be a way of getting better performances from this squad, which contains some very good players.
New poll on Warbs on 10:05 - Dec 21 with 3336 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

New poll on Warbs on 09:21 - Dec 21 by GloryHunter

Typically thoughtful analysis from Brian. There must be a way of getting better performances from this squad, which contains some very good players.

According to Transfermarkt, for what it is worth (haha), we have the 19th most valuable squad in the Championship.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/championship/startseite/wettbewerb/GB2

Perhaps part of the problem for Warbs is that the vocal part of the fanbase have delusions about our status these days. On any measure - stadium size, attendances, turnover, value of squad, player budget - we are one of the small fry of the Championship.

Make no mistake any manager of this club would be doing well at present to be much higher in the table.

Value of squad (Transfermarkt) -
2015/16 £70.70M 3rd
2016/17 £34.25M 15th
2017/18 £34.25M 15th
2018/19 £34.38M 16th
2019/20 £33.84M 18th
2020/21 £25.45M 19th
[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 10:39]
New poll on Warbs on 10:53 - Dec 21 with 3257 viewsfrancisbowles

I was an undecided last poll and in the absence of that option voted stay, for now. However, in common with others, I am very concerned about the current performances of the first team.

A decision needs to be made very soon. Either give him a six to twelve month extension whilst reviewing his coaching staff* or make a change.

*Is the ex Arsenal coach having a positive input? Should we replace him with more of a motivator like Bircham? This is even more vital if we can't afford any reinforcements in January. If we have the same squad then something needs to give them a bit of a lift, bring back some of the loans as well.
61% now on 11:54 - Dec 21 with 3130 viewsT_Block

We just need to avoid the knee jerk reactions after a loss.
Warburton needs options-mainly strikers
Dykes only strengths are winning headers and bringing others into the game.
Winning flick ons is not going to work with one striker.So his only strength is getting the ball to Willock,or Chair or Samuel.
Bonne is worse.
We need a loan or two up front
We will lose to Swansea
We will lose to Norwich
It is a relegation fight season but changing the manager is not the correct route.Sometimes decent managers need time like young players do
New poll on Warbs on 11:57 - Dec 21 with 3121 viewsPinnerPaul

Even as one who hasn't, yet, joined the get rid of MW, its a lot lot lot more than "a" loss!
New poll on Warbs on 12:06 - Dec 21 with 3104 viewsfrancisbowles

New poll on Warbs on 11:57 - Dec 21 by PinnerPaul

Even as one who hasn't, yet, joined the get rid of MW, its a lot lot lot more than "a" loss!

It was a draw guys!
New poll on Warbs on 12:47 - Dec 21 with 3066 viewsQPROslo

New poll on Warbs on 19:43 - Dec 20 by BrianMcCarthy

When he wants to make a sub in a close game which they all are now at best, 70 minutes gone and many on the park are done for, and he turns to look at our Bench, there isn't much if we are honest. An untried youngster or 2, but not really what you want away at the Den or anywhere when we are near the bottom of the table. Nor does he want to throw on someone who didnt help last time, or can only run for 10 minutes, Albert. Or then there's Bonne. No, Warburton needs to be able to strengthen his Squad in January, with a decent goal scorer for starters. Funding that could well be a problematic, but so will be a new Manager, and so will League 1. I think he should stay and hopefully strengthen the Squad.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 12:50]
New poll on Warbs on 12:51 - Dec 21 with 3055 viewsNortholt_Rs

New poll on Warbs on 12:06 - Dec 21 by francisbowles

It was a draw guys!

1 win in 10... pick the bones out of that one.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

New poll on Warbs on 13:13 - Dec 21 with 3020 viewsactonman

New poll on Warbs on 12:51 - Dec 21 by Northolt_Rs

1 in 12 tomorrow week and there will be no bones to pick me thinks
New poll on Warbs on 13:16 - Dec 21 with 3011 viewsPinnerPaul

New poll on Warbs on 12:06 - Dec 21 by francisbowles

It was a draw guys!

proves my point , it wasn't just the game v Wycombe or even the result, we were so poor and have been for a while now.
New poll on Warbs on 13:17 - Dec 21 with 3011 viewsNorthernr

New poll on Warbs on 13:13 - Dec 21 by actonman

1 in 12 tomorrow week and there will be no bones to pick me thinks

Yeh I think if you run this poll again in a week the result will be the other way around.
New poll on Warbs on 13:47 - Dec 21 with 2967 viewsBrianMcCarthy

New poll on Warbs on 12:47 - Dec 21 by QPROslo

When he wants to make a sub in a close game which they all are now at best, 70 minutes gone and many on the park are done for, and he turns to look at our Bench, there isn't much if we are honest. An untried youngster or 2, but not really what you want away at the Den or anywhere when we are near the bottom of the table. Nor does he want to throw on someone who didnt help last time, or can only run for 10 minutes, Albert. Or then there's Bonne. No, Warburton needs to be able to strengthen his Squad in January, with a decent goal scorer for starters. Funding that could well be a problematic, but so will be a new Manager, and so will League 1. I think he should stay and hopefully strengthen the Squad.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 12:50]

I accept that, Oslo. 100%. But we never change formation.

In the last ten games opposing teams have regularly moved extra bodies into their midfield to disrupt our passing and our transition from defence to attack.

Our reaction to that is either to ignore it, or bring on a striker and (against Millwall and Wycombe) by taking off our best passers.

We could go 352, moving our full-backs to wing-backs which would help midfield, we could go 451, or we could go 343. We don't. We either stick with Plan A or change to a Plan B that makes us weaker in central midfield.

Neither plan is working.

[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 13:53]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

New poll on Warbs on 14:43 - Dec 21 with 2900 viewsjoe90

My concern is a new manager could completely disrupt everything and make us worse. It could go the other way, but I don't think there's a manager out there now - to my knowledge - who would improve us. I appreciate it could go the other way, but it seems a big risk when you consider we only need to make a few small tactical changes to improve our fortunes. I don't think we have the worst team in the league and have more than enough to stay up. We shouldn't forget that staying in the league in our current financial situation and with all the covid stuff going on is an achievement.
New poll on Warbs on 15:09 - Dec 21 with 2857 viewsSpaghetti_Hoops

New poll on Warbs on 12:51 - Dec 21 by Northolt_Rs

1 win in 10 is not a big deal in the Championship.

We did that in 2015/16, again in 2016/17, again in 2017/18 and we surpassed ourselves with one win in 15 in 2018/19. In lower mid-division runs like this are commonplace. Even last year finishing 13th we had a 1 win in 7 and a 0 wins in 7.

Why this needs to be dramatised and turned into a meltdown I have no idea. Is that what supporting QPR is about?
New poll on Warbs on 16:47 - Dec 21 with 2710 viewsQPROslo

New poll on Warbs on 13:47 - Dec 21 by BrianMcCarthy

I accept that, Oslo. 100%. But we never change formation.

In the last ten games opposing teams have regularly moved extra bodies into their midfield to disrupt our passing and our transition from defence to attack.

Our reaction to that is either to ignore it, or bring on a striker and (against Millwall and Wycombe) by taking off our best passers.

We could go 352, moving our full-backs to wing-backs which would help midfield, we could go 451, or we could go 343. We don't. We either stick with Plan A or change to a Plan B that makes us weaker in central midfield.

Neither plan is working.

[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 13:53]

As I recall he has gone 2 up front, Dykes and Bonne towards the end of games, moved BOS to striker, and used 3 up front at least once, all without success. BOS is no striker.

I'd like to see him start 3 5 2, I'd like to see BOS tried as a WB, but when we barely have 1 usable striker in Dykes, I can see why Warburton doesnt play that way.now.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024