Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top festive QPR games you've attended 15:42 - Dec 21 with 3829 viewsflynnbo

Off the top of my head, for me it has to be winning 3-0 against Man Utd on Jan 1st 1974 (Best's last game for them);

Winning 3-1 at Arsenal on 31st December 1994 (The Jensen game);

4-1 at Man Utd but didn't attend.

Pretty sure I've missed out some obvious ones- West Ham away springs to mind but can't recall the details.

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 15:51 - Dec 21 with 2337 viewskensalriser

QPR 4 Wycombe 3 Phil Prosser 4 (2 pens, 2 reds)

With the marching band in the lower loft. Crazy game, epically shit ref.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 15:58 - Dec 21 with 2316 viewsNorthernr

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 15:51 - Dec 21 by kensalriser

QPR 4 Wycombe 3 Phil Prosser 4 (2 pens, 2 reds)

With the marching band in the lower loft. Crazy game, epically shit ref.

That was such an amazing game. Clinging on in the final few minutes, crowd tense, begging them to get the win over the line, and the band struck up from the lower loft. Amazing monent. Electric atmosphere. One of the greats.

I'd actually come on here to talk about the 4-2 v Everton's nine men and the Sinton hat trick but you've got me all misty eyed for Prosser the tosser now.
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 16:20 - Dec 21 with 2279 viewsDWQPR

Quite recent times but the QPR v Swansea game when Adel was completely unplayable and that goal which brought more of a gasp of awe from the crowd rather than a great cheer.

There was another 9 men v 11 men game, Boxing Day 1974, home to Derby who had two men sent off. From my recollection as an 8 year old at the time one of the two Derby players dismissed was Bruce Rioch and Derby had to play in our away kit, which was the all read with the white winged v-collar with the embroidered QPR on a diagonal (Mumsnet eat your heart out). Oh, and the score, 0-0.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 16:24 - Dec 21 with 2269 viewsrobith

QPR 2-1 Doncaster, New Year's Day 2014

I'd been DJIng until 5am at my club night, had about 4 hours sleep on my mate's sofa , had to go to Westfield to buy a scarf cos in my indie DJ get up I thought I might freeze to death. Rain was coming in sideways, spend the entire game begging my dad to let me go home.

And then Charlie Austin headed the ball so hard it ripped the fabric of space in injury time to win the game. Oh my word that was sweet
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 16:35 - Dec 21 with 2238 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The 4-1 at Man U.

Never been so amazed at a game. It was almost impossible to believe.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 16:38 - Dec 21 with 2233 viewsdaveB

A 3-3 with Notts County away ion 2003 was a good one, we equalised quite late on and made the early morning start worth it.

Also 90/91 season a 3-2 win over Sunderland, great game and ended a really poor run.
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 16:40 - Dec 21 with 2218 viewsterryb

The matches already mentioned at home to United & Swansea are the best I can remember, with the 4-2 win against Leicester on Boxing Day 1974 being a contender. That included the disallowed Phil Parkes goal!

I can also recall some abysmal performances. Losing 4-0 at home to West Brom in 1968, away to Millwall on Boxing Day1969 & an awful 0-0 at Tottenham in 1973 are top of that list!
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 16:53 - Dec 21 with 2190 viewsDWQPR

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 16:38 - Dec 21 by daveB

A 3-3 with Notts County away ion 2003 was a good one, we equalised quite late on and made the early morning start worth it.

Also 90/91 season a 3-2 win over Sunderland, great game and ended a really poor run.

That Sunderland game I remember for the defensive heroics of a certain Gus Ceasar who in 90 minutes had confirmed that he was in the wrong profession let alone wrong position!

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Login to get fewer ads

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 16:59 - Dec 21 with 2176 viewsNed_Kennedys

QPR 3 West Ham 0 Boxing Day 1980: great performance against the clear leaders. I was a young kid and my Dad gave me the tickets as a Christmas present so I had no idea I was going until the day before.
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 17:19 - Dec 21 with 2136 viewsHayesender

Wasn't the 3-1 win at Highbury on new years eve?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 17:26 - Dec 21 with 2122 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 17:19 - Dec 21 by Hayesender

I think so too?

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 17:26 - Dec 21 with 2121 viewsloftboy

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 16:38 - Dec 21 by daveB

Three penalties in that Sunderland game, big Stekskal saved one.
Another good one was a 1-1 with Liverpool where Grobbelar through the ball into his own net.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 17:32 - Dec 21 with 2110 viewsNorthernr

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 17:19 - Dec 21 by Hayesender

I'm sure I've told this story before but, anyway, we've nothing but time so here it is again...

This was the point in my life when my brother and my parents and I lived in Hampton, and when I really got into Rangers properly, while all my family is still up north Grimsby.Scunny way. Anyway, Arsenal New Year's Eve, they all pile down on the train, aunts, uncles, cousin, grandmas, grandad. House full. People sleeping everywhere, looked like a refugee camp. Plan is... Arsenal, 30 ppl at least, round Islington, all the great back street pubs up there, Polish Paul, Mad Mick, Mick Harman, Fav, Ant, Richard the Carpet Man, Northern Steve, all the greats. Enormous pis up. Win, and we fcking did as well, some performance that one. Somebody get the kids back to Hampton, and get out and about and get on it. Which they did.

*Scenes missing*

Later that evening, Uncle Shaun (absolute law unto himself that lad) rises from the sofa downstairs requiring a piss. He makes his way up the stairs (no mean feat in that house, they were open and made of polished wood, absolute death trap) and onto the landing where you either turn left and left again to be standing in front of the toilet, or you turn right and right again to be standing in front of the washing basket in the master bedroom.

Well you can probably see where this is going.

Mother, rather than worse for wear and very asleep, awakes to a strange naked man weeing into her linen basket (behave). She shakes father, rather the worse for wear and very asleep, to inform him through a hissed whisper "Robert, there's somebody in the bedroom". Father springs to life, grabs a golf club from the bag in the corner of the room, swings at the would-be assailant, knocking him out cold and doing quite considerable damage to his eye socket.

And that's how mum, dad, Uncle Shaun (absolute law unto himself that lad), aunts, uncles, cousin, grandmas, grandad, Polish Paul, Mad Mick, Mick Harman, Fav, Ant, Richard the Carpet Man, Northern Steve, all the greats, ended up at the Kingston Eye Hospital at 6am on New Year's Day.

Fcking good win though.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 17:36 - Dec 21 with 2090 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Brilliant.

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:03 - Dec 21 with 2012 viewsThe_Beast1976

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 17:26 - Dec 21 by loftboy

Three penalties in that Sunderland game, big Stekskal saved one.
Another good one was a 1-1 with Liverpool where Grobbelar through the ball into his own net.

Remember that one well. Went with my dad. Didn't we play Liverpool at home on boxing days in consecutive years in the early 90s?
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:13 - Dec 21 with 1994 viewsdaveB

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:03 - Dec 21 by The_Beast1976

Remember that one well. Went with my dad. Didn't we play Liverpool at home on boxing days in consecutive years in the early 90s?

yeah one of them was 1-1 draw when old brucie Grobbelaar throw one in for us with a mistake obviously wasn't done on purpose

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:14 - Dec 21 with 1991 viewsNorthernr

This thread needs more videos. Dave Barton, new series for your YouTUbe channel please.

Look at that fcking Bardsley cross for the third...

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:14 - Dec 21 with 1988 viewsQPRSteve

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 17:32 - Dec 21 by Northernr

I'm sure I've told this story before but, anyway, we've nothing but time so here it is again...

This was the point in my life when my brother and my parents and I lived in Hampton, and when I really got into Rangers properly, while all my family is still up north Grimsby.Scunny way. Anyway, Arsenal New Year's Eve, they all pile down on the train, aunts, uncles, cousin, grandmas, grandad. House full. People sleeping everywhere, looked like a refugee camp. Plan is... Arsenal, 30 ppl at least, round Islington, all the great back street pubs up there, Polish Paul, Mad Mick, Mick Harman, Fav, Ant, Richard the Carpet Man, Northern Steve, all the greats. Enormous pis up. Win, and we fcking did as well, some performance that one. Somebody get the kids back to Hampton, and get out and about and get on it. Which they did.

*Scenes missing*

Later that evening, Uncle Shaun (absolute law unto himself that lad) rises from the sofa downstairs requiring a piss. He makes his way up the stairs (no mean feat in that house, they were open and made of polished wood, absolute death trap) and onto the landing where you either turn left and left again to be standing in front of the toilet, or you turn right and right again to be standing in front of the washing basket in the master bedroom.

Well you can probably see where this is going.

Mother, rather than worse for wear and very asleep, awakes to a strange naked man weeing into her linen basket (behave). She shakes father, rather the worse for wear and very asleep, to inform him through a hissed whisper "Robert, there's somebody in the bedroom". Father springs to life, grabs a golf club from the bag in the corner of the room, swings at the would-be assailant, knocking him out cold and doing quite considerable damage to his eye socket.

And that's how mum, dad, Uncle Shaun (absolute law unto himself that lad), aunts, uncles, cousin, grandmas, grandad, Polish Paul, Mad Mick, Mick Harman, Fav, Ant, Richard the Carpet Man, Northern Steve, all the greats, ended up at the Kingston Eye Hospital at 6am on New Year's Day.

Fcking good win though.

Similar thing happened to my mate Ritchie who was married to a cousin of mine. Her sister was getting married in Basingstoke and Ritchie and his missus went down for the wedding and stayed in the family home. The night before the wedding he got bladdered and got up during the night for a pee. Him and his wife were in a different room then they normally stayed in and he got disorientated.

Anyway, he ended up slashing in the laundry cupboard and proceeded back to the wrong bedroom and tried to get into bed with his mother-in-law and sister-in-law who were sharing. Sister-in-law woke up screaming. I have always said she should have got up and left him and gone and slept with here sister. I have an image of Ritchie waking up in the morning and trying to get his leg over.

BTW, the day of the wedding, QPR were at home to Chelsea. I refused to go to the wedding. Our family are all QPR and the groom’s were Scum fans. Always check the fixture list before arranging a wedding. We won 1-0 and I think it was the first time we had beaten them.
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:15 - Dec 21 with 1980 viewsRangersDave

any time there was 2 home games in 2 days.
Now that was fun!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:17 - Dec 21 with 1977 viewsNorthernr

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:13 - Dec 21 by daveB

yeah one of them was 1-1 draw when old brucie Grobbelaar throw one in for us with a mistake obviously wasn't done on purpose

A "miscalculation" earlier in the game as well. Absolutely not bent at all.
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:17 - Dec 21 with 1973 viewsqpr_1968

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:14 - Dec 21 by Northernr

This thread needs more videos. Dave Barton, new series for your YouTUbe channel please.

Look at that fcking Bardsley cross for the third...

your right

Poll: how many games this season....home/away.

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:21 - Dec 21 with 1958 viewsThe_Beast1976

What a game this was. Great away day
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:22 - Dec 21 with 1957 viewsGalileo

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 16:35 - Dec 21 by BrianMcCarthy

The 4-1 at Man U.

Never been so amazed at a game. It was almost impossible to believe.

Same as.

Words cannot describe the sense of 'is this actually happening' after only 10 minutes.
Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:22 - Dec 21 with 1956 viewsNorthernr

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:21 - Dec 21 by The_Beast1976

What a game this was. Great away day

If you listen carefully you can hear my "not from there you wally" as Rowlands draws a boot back.

So much going on in this. Cook terrorising the Championship. Furlong late cemeo, look at the hold up and lay game on that man. Georges Santos on one of his mad rampage days where nobody was safe, least of all us.

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 18:26 - Dec 21 with 1937 viewsBoston

Top festive QPR games you've attended on 16:40 - Dec 21 by terryb

The matches already mentioned at home to United & Swansea are the best I can remember, with the 4-2 win against Leicester on Boxing Day 1974 being a contender. That included the disallowed Phil Parkes goal!

I can also recall some abysmal performances. Losing 4-0 at home to West Brom in 1968, away to Millwall on Boxing Day1969 & an awful 0-0 at Tottenham in 1973 are top of that list!

Spurs away ‘73. Small group of us standing in the corner of the Shelf and the Park Lane. Cold, bored, couldn’t wait to get home.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024