Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Millwalls next two games postponed due to covid 18:07 - Dec 21 with 1602 viewsloftboy

Can see more like this, cancel the season
[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 18:34]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Millwalls. Ext two games postponed due to covid on 18:12 - Dec 21 with 1578 viewsNorthernr

It remains incredible to me that football didn't sort out decisively how you end the season were that to occur, before we started again.

Last season was suspended indefinitely end of Feb/March time and we're running the risk of having a similar thing by end of Jan. Were thsat to happen, all of exactly the same questions would be there - do you abandon it, do you take the tables as they are now, do you do PPG? And of course the clubs that it would suit to end it would vote for that, clubs that want to carry on vote for that, all in self interest.

It is amazing, absolutely amazing, that before the start of this season it wasn't set down... right, if we have to stop before 25 games are played, it's void, if we have to stop before 35 games, it's ppg, if we have to stop after that, it's league tables as they are. This had to be done.

If we end up with an obliterated January fixture list, where they putting those games? The season already butts up against the Euros, that's why they're cramming it in in the first place.
Millwalls. Ext two games postponed due to covid on 18:19 - Dec 21 with 1540 viewsBoston

I think we should decide on penalties...off ya go Lyndon.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Millwalls. Ext two games postponed due to covid on 18:20 - Dec 21 with 1538 viewsNorthernr

Millwalls. Ext two games postponed due to covid on 18:19 - Dec 21 by Boston

I think we should decide on penalties...off ya go Lyndon.

Hmmmm, unless penalty shoot outs are one penalty long I think I've spotted a flaw in this, especially with our saving record since lovely Alex left me. Sorry, us.
Millwalls. Ext two games postponed due to covid on 18:21 - Dec 21 with 1537 viewsNoelmc

Millwalls. Ext two games postponed due to covid on 18:12 - Dec 21 by Northernr

It remains incredible to me that football didn't sort out decisively how you end the season were that to occur, before we started again.

Last season was suspended indefinitely end of Feb/March time and we're running the risk of having a similar thing by end of Jan. Were thsat to happen, all of exactly the same questions would be there - do you abandon it, do you take the tables as they are now, do you do PPG? And of course the clubs that it would suit to end it would vote for that, clubs that want to carry on vote for that, all in self interest.

It is amazing, absolutely amazing, that before the start of this season it wasn't set down... right, if we have to stop before 25 games are played, it's void, if we have to stop before 35 games, it's ppg, if we have to stop after that, it's league tables as they are. This had to be done.

If we end up with an obliterated January fixture list, where they putting those games? The season already butts up against the Euros, that's why they're cramming it in in the first place.

Agree it was stupid to start the season without any contingency plans if it needed to be curtailed. However with the EFL’s track record on key issues, such as Financial Fair Play, is it surprising?
[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 18:23]
Millwalls. Ext two games postponed due to covid on 18:22 - Dec 21 with 1529 viewsNorthernr

Millwalls. Ext two games postponed due to covid on 18:21 - Dec 21 by Noelmc

Agree it was stupid to start the season without any contingency plans if it needed to be curtailed. However with the EFL’s track record on key issues, such as Financial Fair Play, is it surprising?
[Post edited 21 Dec 2020 18:23]

No, but I'm genuinely amazed at this. Did they enjoy that whole Wycombe v Peterborough voting farce last year so much they fancied another crack?
Millwalls. Ext two games postponed due to covid on 18:28 - Dec 21 with 1492 viewsbosh67

Maybe we should declare a break out and use the time off to find someone who can put the ball in the net?

It would be better than the social distancing we exercise when players run onto us and our habit of taking the knee in the 88th minute.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Millwalls. Ext two games postponed due to covid on 18:31 - Dec 21 with 1471 viewsNoelmc

Millwalls. Ext two games postponed due to covid on 18:22 - Dec 21 by Northernr

No, but I'm genuinely amazed at this. Did they enjoy that whole Wycombe v Peterborough voting farce last year so much they fancied another crack?

Maybe it suits them to have some wriggle room.
Millwalls next two games postponed due to covid on 19:21 - Dec 21 with 1320 viewsstevec

The season will be cancelled the day we drop into the bottom three, it’s written in the stars.
Login to get fewer ads

Millwalls next two games postponed due to covid on 19:24 - Dec 21 with 1301 viewskensalriser

Do we really think the Euros are going to be on next year?

Chances are receding by the day I'd think.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Millwalls next two games postponed due to covid on 19:44 - Dec 21 with 1249 viewsstowmarketrange

Millwalls next two games postponed due to covid on 19:24 - Dec 21 by kensalriser

I’m supposed to be going to Spain for 4 days in April and the Grand Canyon in May.What do you think the chances of both trips being cancelled?
Millwalls next two games postponed due to covid on 19:47 - Dec 21 with 1236 viewsHarbour

Can we volunteer to postpone our next 2 games too!
Millwalls next two games postponed due to covid on 19:55 - Dec 21 with 1215 viewsNorthernr

Millwalls next two games postponed due to covid on 19:47 - Dec 21 by Harbour

Can we volunteer to postpone our next 2 games too!

Ooooh what's that Brighty, you're feeling a little peaky? Oh no....
Millwalls next two games postponed due to covid on 20:15 - Dec 21 with 1149 viewspaulparker

Millwalls next two games postponed due to covid on 19:24 - Dec 21 by kensalriser

They will happen but in Russia

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Millwalls next two games postponed due to covid on 20:34 - Dec 21 with 1089 viewsThe_Beast1976

Unfortunately I think there will be a lot of things currently planned for 2021 that won't be happening unless something changes very quickly
Millwalls next two games postponed due to covid on 20:43 - Dec 21 with 1061 viewskensalriser

Millwalls next two games postponed due to covid on 19:44 - Dec 21 by stowmarketrange

I’m supposed to be going to Spain for 4 days in April and the Grand Canyon in May.What do you think the chances of both trips being cancelled?

High enough that you should be checking the refund/cancellation terms and your insurance cover.

I'm not getting on a plane again until cases are a tiny fraction of what they are now.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Millwalls next two games postponed due to covid on 21:51 - Dec 21 with 948 viewsAntti_Heinola

Millwalls next two games postponed due to covid on 20:34 - Dec 21 by The_Beast1976

Unfortunately I think there will be a lot of things currently planned for 2021 that won't be happening unless something changes very quickly

It's going to be pretty bad for 3-4 months, but after that it will start to get better. Euros will happen, pretty confident of that.

Bare bones.

Millwalls next two games postponed due to covid on 22:57 - Dec 21 with 852 viewsJuzzie

Millwalls next two games postponed due to covid on 20:43 - Dec 21 by kensalriser

High enough that you should be checking the refund/cancellation terms and your insurance cover.

I'm not getting on a plane again until cases are a tiny fraction of what they are now.

My passport expired in July and my 6 year old boy’s n June. My mrs keeps going on about renewals, why? We’re not going anywhere for a long time, maybe not until summer 2022 so why renew and waste 18 months - 2 years of validity?
Millwalls next two games postponed due to covid on 23:21 - Dec 21 with 815 viewsdaveB

I do hope the season gets voided, partly because we've been shit but also because it would be hilarious due to them arrogantly not coming up with a what if it goes wrong scenario again
Millwalls. Ext two games postponed due to covid on 14:06 - Dec 22 with 628 viewsPinnerPaul

Millwalls. Ext two games postponed due to covid on 18:12 - Dec 21 by Northernr

Yes I agree about the lack of pre planning.

Contrast/compare with the Northern Premier League who when it was decided they COULD play, but the majority of clubs without fans, decided to wait until Jan, whilst warning the clubs that it was likely PPG would have to be used.

With that choice the clubs made the decision to wait - obviously it now looks even more likely that its IS going to be PPG in that league - but at least they made the decision based on the facts at that time.

As far as the government goes its about balance I guess - risk v morale of the country, plus a bit of economics (TV money) thrown in.

Mentioned before but at start of WW2 government shut down football, cinemas etc because of the likelihood of bombing causing mass casualties in one place. This proved so unpopular that they reversed that decision - no doubt costing some lives, but improving the morale of the nation. Covid v war - not the same AT ALL I know but think the reasoning might be similar?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024