Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
January transfers thread 15:07 - Dec 23 with 64276 viewsNorthernr

Troy Parrott being recalled from his loan at Millwall ands sent out somewhere else.

Have we called in a Spurs favour?

Lay off that wine Clive.
January transfers thread on 15:11 - Dec 23 with 11435 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I can see why he's being recalled. He doesn't suit The SE Racists' style of play at all.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

January transfers thread on 15:16 - Dec 23 with 11402 viewsMedwayR

An 18yo with 0 goals in 9 games doesn't strike me as being what we need right now no matter how highly rated he is, feels like it would be a big risk. However, I'm sure we could do far worse.

Poll: Who’s better?

January transfers thread on 15:18 - Dec 23 with 11394 viewsWokingR

January transfers thread on 15:16 - Dec 23 by MedwayR

An 18yo with 0 goals in 9 games doesn't strike me as being what we need right now no matter how highly rated he is, feels like it would be a big risk. However, I'm sure we could do far worse.

Oh you've done it now !
They'll be announcing Jack Clarke is coming back next
January transfers thread on 16:22 - Dec 23 with 11211 viewsGloucs_R

Personally rather see Bonne and Kelman a chance before Parrot. If you're going to bring in a prem striker we need to be looking at someone older, with experience and has scored goals.

Who? NO IDEA!!

Poll: Are we staying up?

January transfers thread on 16:38 - Dec 23 with 11170 viewsbosh67

January transfers thread on 16:22 - Dec 23 by Gloucs_R

Personally rather see Bonne and Kelman a chance before Parrot. If you're going to bring in a prem striker we need to be looking at someone older, with experience and has scored goals.

Who? NO IDEA!!

Have to agree. Not many Hugill/Wells quality strikers about in the Prem for loan at the moment. Although he's been nowhere near his best the player that would suit our playing style and who has plenty of experience, but not a huge amount of goals recently is Jordan Rhodes. Rhodes used to be a nightmare for us at Loftus Road, often beating us on his own. Struggling to think of anyone else.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

January transfers thread on 16:49 - Dec 23 with 11120 viewsGloucs_R

January transfers thread on 16:38 - Dec 23 by bosh67

Have to agree. Not many Hugill/Wells quality strikers about in the Prem for loan at the moment. Although he's been nowhere near his best the player that would suit our playing style and who has plenty of experience, but not a huge amount of goals recently is Jordan Rhodes. Rhodes used to be a nightmare for us at Loftus Road, often beating us on his own. Struggling to think of anyone else.

Dwight Gayle is another one I would have liked to see here but he's now getting game time at Newcastle.

Any other championshipforwards or wingers steps up to the premier League over the last few season but haven't quite made it?

January transfers thread on 17:12 - Dec 23 with 11055 viewsWelsh_Ranger

Connor Wickham anyone?
January transfers thread on 17:24 - Dec 23 with 11016 viewsWegerles_Stairs

I liked how his first instinct was to shoot against us.
Login to get fewer ads

January transfers thread on 17:32 - Dec 23 with 10983 viewsGloucs_R

January transfers thread on 17:12 - Dec 23 by Welsh_Ranger

Connor Wickham anyone?

Only a matter of time 😁

January transfers thread on 20:00 - Dec 23 with 10719 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'm not saying Parrott is being linked with us, but if he were the following questions occur:

1) Formation? Parrott looks like he'd thrive as part of a front two, or as a player who likes the ball played in behind. I don't see him as a wide player either.

2) Development of Dykes and Bonne?

3) Parrott's ability? From what I've seen he looks like a serious upgrade on any thing we have right now

4) Character? Parrott's best friend is part of a huge Irish drugs gang and photos of them both together are easily available from past media articles. There is of course no hint that his best friend is connected so this could be equally seen as commendable loyalty to a childhood friend. I wouldn't write him off.

January transfers thread on 22:50 - Dec 23 with 10506 viewsMyke

January transfers thread on 20:00 - Dec 23 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm not saying Parrott is being linked with us, but if he were the following questions occur:

1) Formation? Parrott looks like he'd thrive as part of a front two, or as a player who likes the ball played in behind. I don't see him as a wide player either.

2) Development of Dykes and Bonne?

3) Parrott's ability? From what I've seen he looks like a serious upgrade on any thing we have right now

4) Character? Parrott's best friend is part of a huge Irish drugs gang and photos of them both together are easily available from past media articles. There is of course no hint that his best friend is connected so this could be equally seen as commendable loyalty to a childhood friend. I wouldn't write him off.

He looked lively enough against us early on from a couple of Romeo crosses, but faded after that. Just coming back from injury so hard to judge. Can't see him thriving on our service, this needs to be addressed before a striker is brought in
Not just Parrott linked with that drugs cartel, they were behind a major boxing promotion during the summer also.
January transfers thread on 05:27 - Dec 24 with 10281 viewsLoftgirl

January transfers thread on 17:12 - Dec 23 by Welsh_Ranger

Connor Wickham anyone?

January transfers thread on 07:42 - Dec 24 with 10166 viewspaulparker

Only at QPR can you replace a striker who doesn’t score goals with a striker who err doesn’t score goals

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

January transfers thread on 07:44 - Dec 24 with 10171 viewsDixie_CT

What is Ched Evans up to these days?
January transfers thread on 07:59 - Dec 24 with 10153 viewsFrankRightguard

January transfers thread on 07:44 - Dec 24 by Dixie_CT

Just released by Fleetwood for disciplinary reasons. What must he have done that even Barton wasn’t happy with?!
January transfers thread on 08:08 - Dec 24 with 10141 viewsdistortR

January transfers thread on 07:44 - Dec 24 by Dixie_CT

shamefully reflecting on his life up to this stage i hope.
January transfers thread on 08:23 - Dec 24 with 10103 viewsdanehoop

January transfers thread on 08:08 - Dec 24 by distortR

shamefully reflecting on his life up to this stage i hope.

For that he would have to have a sense of morality and I would suggest that there is little at this point to indicate that is the case.

Never knowingly understood

January transfers thread on 09:49 - Dec 24 with 10011 viewsPey

Going for Parrott would be so QPR ...give a youngster from another club a chance overhere without Kelman even tried.
Don't get me wrong ,liked what i have seen in flashes from Parrott and would have taken him in a heartbeat but that's before we signed Dykes, Bonne and Kelman.
Would have thought that with our strong Spurs connection he would be one of the first to arrive this season, but what do i know ?
Shame MW hasn't figured out how to get best out of our trio strikers or in fact the whole team.
January transfers thread on 09:59 - Dec 24 with 9979 viewsdanehoop

January transfers thread on 09:49 - Dec 24 by Pey

Going for Parrott would be so QPR ...give a youngster from another club a chance overhere without Kelman even tried.
Don't get me wrong ,liked what i have seen in flashes from Parrott and would have taken him in a heartbeat but that's before we signed Dykes, Bonne and Kelman.
Would have thought that with our strong Spurs connection he would be one of the first to arrive this season, but what do i know ?
Shame MW hasn't figured out how to get best out of our trio strikers or in fact the whole team.

Perhaps we should see if Dele Ali is available given that the Special One has decided that he is this years squad pantomime villain. Win for both parties provided Spuds keep paying all of his salary, Ali doesn't need to leave London to get a game and we end up having a nice big marketing model on our hands who occasionally plays football. Surely worth it for the media interest alone?

I suppose the alternative for him is likely to be PSG, but where's the fun in that eh Deli?

Never knowingly understood

January transfers thread on 10:16 - Dec 24 with 9933 viewsBrianMcCarthy

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/warburton-shrugs-off-pressure-and-plans-very

January transfers thread on 10:31 - Dec 24 with 9901 viewsBAWHoops

Plan should be to bring in someone to cover for the job Amos was pencilled in for. Currently ridiculously light in Centre Mid.

Also... a left back

http://blogandwhitehoops.wordpress.com/

January transfers thread on 10:39 - Dec 24 with 9887 viewsDixie_CT

January transfers thread on 10:16 - Dec 24 by BrianMcCarthy

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/warburton-shrugs-off-pressure-and-plans-very

On the contrary Mark, you’re creating the stories by managing us in this poor run, not galvanising the troops to play for 90 minutes and for putting together a team that looks light on goals and spirit.

If Santa was to grant me a wish it would be to say goodbye to Wallace and Kane with a solid replacement brought in for each and a centre mid or two as Cameron and Ball just aren’t up-to the job.

What worries me is that we are approaching desperation so might have to throw a few quid down the drain in loan market which is definitely not part of the strategic vision - ho ho bloody ho!
[Post edited 24 Dec 2020 10:39]
January transfers thread on 10:55 - Dec 24 with 9842 viewsPinnerPaul

January transfers thread on 10:16 - Dec 24 by BrianMcCarthy

Not much to argue with there - although some will!
January transfers thread on 10:57 - Dec 24 with 9838 viewsPinnerPaul

January transfers thread on 10:39 - Dec 24 by Dixie_CT

On the contrary Mark, you’re creating the stories by managing us in this poor run, not galvanising the troops to play for 90 minutes and for putting together a team that looks light on goals and spirit.

If Santa was to grant me a wish it would be to say goodbye to Wallace and Kane with a solid replacement brought in for each and a centre mid or two as Cameron and Ball just aren’t up-to the job.

What worries me is that we are approaching desperation so might have to throw a few quid down the drain in loan market which is definitely not part of the strategic vision - ho ho bloody ho!
[Post edited 24 Dec 2020 10:39]

Just the 4 new players for no money then?
January transfers thread on 11:06 - Dec 24 with 9805 viewsrsonist

Parrott would make zero sense. We've made our bed and are still yet to figure out how to lie in it.

Lower tier clickmongers have us interested in Finno-Irish international CB Daniel O'Shaughnessy.

https://www.footballinsider247.com/exclusive-sheffield-wednesday-qpr-preston-bar
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024