Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report 18:57 - Dec 30 with 3077 viewsNorthernr

Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report 30th Dec 2020 18:55
QPR backed their under fire manager Mark Warburton with a stubborn performance and excellent point at league leaders Norwich on Tuesday night - missing a great chance to take all three points at the death. 33

Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 20:17 - Dec 30 with 2809 viewsLongsufferingR

I feel I'm missing out big time with the TV/film references. I usually get most of them but I'm struggling today! Brilliant stuff.
Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 20:35 - Dec 30 with 2760 viewsHastings_Hoops

Clive ,
This genuinely has to be your best yet. Absolute genius.
Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 20:39 - Dec 30 with 2746 viewsNorthernr

Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 20:17 - Dec 30 by LongsufferingR

I feel I'm missing out big time with the TV/film references. I usually get most of them but I'm struggling today! Brilliant stuff.

Ok, in this order...

Lynn Benfield - I'm Alan Partridge
Andy McNab - I'm Alan Partridge (Norwich innit)
Stupid Flanders - Simpsons
feast on the goo within - Simpsons
Anatoly Dyatlov, water through the core, metallic taste in the air - Chernobyl
Jalfrezi enema - Monkey Dust
Pepé Le Pew - Looney Tunes
Zulu's thousands of 'em - Zulu
All the Todd Cantwell stuff - Skater Boi, Avril Levigne
Silent Witness - Silent Witness
Barbet landing on his wheels - The Office
Moe, Larry and Curly - Three Stooges
The Fallen Madonna with the Big Boobies - Allo Allo
Henry Fraser in goal - The Undoing
Candle with the handle - Allo Allo
Niles Crane - Frasier
Stranded British airmen - Allo Allo
This one goes up to 11 - Spinal Tap
Eyeball Paul - Kevin and Perry Go Large
Driving narrative and mystery - Scooby Doo
Hear them all over the ball park - Moneyball
Stare into the abyss long enough... - Werner Herzog, Into the Abyss
Don't worry about it, get on with the quiz - The Office
Oooooooooooh - Toy Story
Little Suzie's growing up - Simpsons
I've made it with a woman Kif - Futurama
A full Hugill, no make-up - Borat (first one)

This post has been edited by an administrator
Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 20:47 - Dec 30 with 2717 viewsLongsufferingR

Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 20:39 - Dec 30 by Northernr

Ok, in this order...

Niles Crane - Frasier
Oooooooooooh - Toy Story

Fk me, I need to stay in more.
Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 21:35 - Dec 30 with 2608 viewshantssi

Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 20:47 - Dec 30 by LongsufferingR

Fk me, I need to stay in more.

Now’s a good a time as any!!
Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 21:45 - Dec 30 with 2584 viewsNoelmc

Very enjoyable report on an entertaining match, that was well worth the £10 I originally dithered about paying.

My personal highlight was your use of juxtaposition imagery between John Prescott’s drains and a close encounter with Liz Hurley to describe your surprise/delight at us reaching HT at 0-0. Brilliant!
Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 00:33 - Dec 31 with 2309 viewsLythamR

Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 21:45 - Dec 30 by Noelmc

Very enjoyable report on an entertaining match, that was well worth the £10 I originally dithered about paying.

My personal highlight was your use of juxtaposition imagery between John Prescott’s drains and a close encounter with Liz Hurley to describe your surprise/delight at us reaching HT at 0-0. Brilliant!

I was surprised, i thought STW's were a Lancashire secret!
Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 00:42 - Dec 31 with 2298 viewsNorthernr

Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 00:33 - Dec 31 by LythamR

I was surprised, i thought STW's were a Lancashire secret!

Well here's a little late night treat for you to brighten up lockdown.
The girl I was going out with when I moved back to London, during the Briatore years and the Warnock promotion, had this horrendous job at a celebrity gossip website when we first moved down here, she hated it and they hated her. Thankfully, miraculously, she bagged an interview at ITV, and once she got a foot in the door she was always going to nail that and so she went from gossip monger at ShitsVille Kentish Town to online editor of ITV Food or some such gubbins.
First idea she had, not unreasonably, was an overhaul of the ITV Food website, which would include a constantly streaming feed down the side of this new thing called "Tweets" from their celebrity chefs. They were delighted, she was delighted, everybody was delighted, and so they put it live on a Friday afternoon and went home to get drunk for the weekend.
First tweet from an ITV celebrity chef that weekend, let's call him Bainsley Chariot, was quite late on the Friday and said "you can't beat a good tit wnk". Not a single other ITV chef tweeted anything for the following 48 hours. And so, regardless of her increasing panic and frantic phone calls, "you can't beat a good tit wnk" remained the headline on the brand spanking new ITV food website for an entire weekend.
Login to get fewer ads

Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 01:13 - Dec 31 with 2261 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 00:42 - Dec 31 by Northernr

The girl I was going out with when I moved back to London, during the Briatore years and the Warnock promotion, had this horrendous job at a celebrity gossip website when we first moved down here, she hated it and they hated her. Thankfully, miraculously, she bagged an interview at ITV, and once she got a foot in the door she was always going to nail that and so she went from gossip monger at ShitsVille Kentish Town to online editor of ITV Food or some such gubbins.
First idea she had, not unreasonably, was an overhaul of the ITV Food website, which would include a constantly streaming feed down the side of this new thing called "Tweets" from their celebrity chefs. They were delighted, she was delighted, everybody was delighted, and so they put it live on a Friday afternoon and went home to get drunk for the weekend.
First tweet from an ITV celebrity chef that weekend, let's call him Bainsley Chariot, was quite late on the Friday and said "you can't beat a good tit wnk". Not a single other ITV chef tweeted anything for the following 48 hours. And so, regardless of her increasing panic and frantic phone calls, "you can't beat a good tit wnk" remained the headline on the brand spanking new ITV food website for an entire weekend.

I am so happy to be part of this site Clive that is a magnificent story to top off a superb match report .Happy New Year to all
Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 08:39 - Dec 31 with 2053 viewsR_from_afar

Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 20:39 - Dec 30 by Northernr

Ok, in this order...

Niles Crane - Frasier
Oooooooooooh - Toy Story

I was going to take issue with you over the enema reference, being convinced it was actually from "Peep show," but then I realised that the "Peep show" one is of the tabasco variety .

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 11:52 - Dec 31 with 1801 viewsNoelmc

Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 00:42 - Dec 31 by Northernr

Great story. It certainly made me smile on a miserable New Year's Eve
Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 11:57 - Dec 31 with 1793 viewsfrancisbowles

Happy new year, Clive. Thanks for the report and the explanation of the references. Like LongsuffereingR most of them were lost on me. I just about got the Allo Allo, Spinal Tap and the Office. You watch too much TV and not just in lockdown!
Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 12:15 - Dec 31 with 1762 viewsTheChef

Lovely stuff Clive.

The AvLav revival is well overdue.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 12:50 - Dec 31 with 1719 viewsMyke

so this is as good a time and place as any to say, Cheers for the past 12 months Clive and Here's to the next. Happy New Year to all
Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 13:29 - Dec 31 with 1663 viewsPinnerPaul

Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 12:50 - Dec 31 by Myke

so this is as good a time and place as any to say, Cheers for the past 12 months Clive and Here's to the next. Happy New Year to all

Happy New Year to Clive and everyone else.

Lets enjoy this brief lull in hostilities until we lose to Luton!
Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 13:38 - Dec 31 with 1644 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 12:50 - Dec 31 by Myke

Thanks Clive that was top drawer.

I won’t be googling about Dulcolax thanks...

Happy New Year!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 13:55 - Dec 31 with 1604 viewsQPRBrian

I’ve been on here ten years now yet haven’t posted anything for most of that time despite visiting everyday. However, I’ve decided to make the monumental effort on this occasion to join in the praise! Like others have said Clive, your match reports are an excellent read. Always a combination of analysis, information and humour which always makes for a very entertaining read. This has been even more valuable this year of all years.
I’ve seen you around the ground many times but have never said hello, next time, I’ll shake your hand, if we’re allowed! Thanks for all your hard work over the years.
Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 16:07 - Dec 31 with 1459 viewsNorthantsHoop

After realising this game at the last moment was not part of the season ticket streaming package, purchased it and must say didn't regret it. This was a very solid defensive performance from Rangers, always thought we were in this game, vast improvement on last away match at Wycombe, where both teams just looked poor. Interesting to see if we can get something at Luton, as they are a different prospect this season and this game could be a trickier one than Norwich.
Improved QPR within whisker of shocking Norwich - Report on 16:59 - Jan 1 with 950 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just watched the game and then read the report. enjoyed both immensely.

I think we were fortunate to get a point, all told. But one of those draws where hard work is rewarded and neutrals wouldn't begrudge the point earned.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024