Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bye bye Bright 11:32 - Jan 1 with 14104 viewsWegerles_Stairs

There's an article on The Athletic all about BOS and how he's a transfer target this window. Rather amusingly it ends with this:

"That last clause was, alas, said more in hope than expectation. By the time QPR get higher than 12th, he will almost certainly be long gone."

I'd bloody hope so - he'll be collecting his pension by then!

https://theathletic.co.uk/2279231/2021/01/01/bright-osayi-samuel-qpr/
Bye bye Bright on 12:58 - Jan 1 with 6908 viewsDavieQPR

Sorry but I cannot see any Prem club being interested in signing him. Possibly a Championship club.
Bye bye Bright on 13:02 - Jan 1 with 6892 viewsCheshireR

I would be very suprised if he ended up anywhere other than Celtic.
Bye bye Bright on 13:10 - Jan 1 with 6846 viewsBrianMcCarthy

A strange article. For a publication that prides itself on long articles it's surprisingly short on detail about his time with us.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bye bye Bright on 13:20 - Jan 1 with 6800 viewsWatford_Ranger

Bye bye Bright on 12:58 - Jan 1 by DavieQPR

Sorry but I cannot see any Prem club being interested in signing him. Possibly a Championship club.

For the sort of paltry sum we’ll be accepting by now I’d definitely take a punt on him if I were any bottom half Prem side. Whether he’d be willing to go in as a squad player or the bloke you chuck on when a goal down is another question but I suspect he’d back himself to prove he’s good enough, which I think he is.
Bye bye Bright on 13:23 - Jan 1 with 6778 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Bye bye Bright on 13:20 - Jan 1 by Watford_Ranger

For the sort of paltry sum we’ll be accepting by now I’d definitely take a punt on him if I were any bottom half Prem side. Whether he’d be willing to go in as a squad player or the bloke you chuck on when a goal down is another question but I suspect he’d back himself to prove he’s good enough, which I think he is.

I don't think we'll accept small bids from any English clubs as they would have to pay compensation in the Summer.

It's dem foreign clubs I worry about (sorry Karl!).

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Bye bye Bright on 13:32 - Jan 1 with 6729 viewsMedwayR

That title - QPR's unselfish star - clearly they haven't watched him this season. Playing only for himself and being mostly anonymous does not live up to that headline!!

Poll: Who’s better?

Bye bye Bright on 13:46 - Jan 1 with 6658 viewsgazza1

He has one of the main attributes needed, ie pace, but he lacks the necessary close ball skills to be a success in the Premier. His close ball control is very limited, he takes the wrong option frequently and is inconsistent I have not seen him 'roast' a decent LB yet. He got nothing from the Brentford LB who is a decent player.

He may go to a lower Premier team but he will struggle. We will see.......

Saying that, I do like him in our side and should start every week.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 13:47]
Bye bye Bright on 13:48 - Jan 1 with 6643 viewsLowerloftLad

Bye bye Bright on 13:32 - Jan 1 by MedwayR

That title - QPR's unselfish star - clearly they haven't watched him this season. Playing only for himself and being mostly anonymous does not live up to that headline!!

i said in another thread i believe he will go to the spl at the time i thought it would be Celtic but now have a sneaky feeling rangers may pip them to it.

twitter will go into full meltdown but lets please remember we are making another profit and of a player who clearly does not wish to be here.

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Login to get fewer ads

Bye bye Bright on 13:50 - Jan 1 with 6625 viewsgazza1

Bye bye Bright on 13:48 - Jan 1 by LowerloftLad

i said in another thread i believe he will go to the spl at the time i thought it would be Celtic but now have a sneaky feeling rangers may pip them to it.

twitter will go into full meltdown but lets please remember we are making another profit and of a player who clearly does not wish to be here.

Harsh....why do you say he 'clearly doesn't wish to be here'?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 13:51]
Bye bye Bright on 14:05 - Jan 1 with 6546 viewsPinnerPaul

Bye bye Bright on 13:50 - Jan 1 by gazza1

Harsh....why do you say he 'clearly doesn't wish to be here'?
[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 13:51]

Apart from the last match he hasn't exactly been giving 100%
[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 14:05]
Bye bye Bright on 14:18 - Jan 1 with 6479 viewsWadR

His performances against Boro, Rotherham, Brentford (just off the top of my head) this season weren't those of someone who wasn't giving 100%.

Honestly think there's a lot of projection and unfair presumptions re: Bright's attitude/mental state on twitter and forums.

Rico Henry dealt with him well this season, he's probably the best full back in the division anyway, but Bright had him all game the year before at KPF and set up our goal at Griffin Park last year by getting the better of him.
Bye bye Bright on 14:21 - Jan 1 with 6462 viewsdistortR

he looked a better player last year with better players around him, he could do Ok at a higher level imho
Bye bye Bright on 15:05 - Jan 1 with 6252 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Bye bye Bright on 14:21 - Jan 1 by distortR

he looked a better player last year with better players around him, he could do Ok at a higher level imho

This !!! its a lot easier playing when Eze has 3 players watching or tackling him then finding yourself the center of attention and getting the treatment.He still attacks defenders but they can force him wide knowing he will just blast wildly at the same side instead of shooting across the net or passing to an open teammate.
Look at Sterling,KDB,the Liverpool 3 headed monster they all run at defenders then try and find the open player unless they are 1 on 1 with the keeper .
Its coaching I believe plus the lack of real goalscoring talent here , if he goes up he will be the small fish in the big pond watch him pass it then
Bye bye Bright on 15:12 - Jan 1 with 6214 viewsPinnerPaul

Bye bye Bright on 14:18 - Jan 1 by WadR

His performances against Boro, Rotherham, Brentford (just off the top of my head) this season weren't those of someone who wasn't giving 100%.

Honestly think there's a lot of projection and unfair presumptions re: Bright's attitude/mental state on twitter and forums.

Rico Henry dealt with him well this season, he's probably the best full back in the division anyway, but Bright had him all game the year before at KPF and set up our goal at Griffin Park last year by getting the better of him.

I've been through this umpteen times mate - NOT talking about ability, decision making, quality of players he is up against.

V Norwich - not only ankle tapped their player in their half to prevent an attack, but also earned a deserved caution for a crunching tackle after sprinting 30 yards to get there.

V Wycombe - literally jogged 5 yards behind their goalscorer for 50 yards before giving up.

v Stoke - Only player not to join in team chat with MW when there was an injury

v Wycombe - Looked liked we had conceded when we scored.

Numerous other examples - for me the Norwich booking/tackle was the biggest contrast - has barely made a challenge in previous games - let alone one like that!
Bye bye Bright on 15:22 - Jan 1 with 6168 viewsdanehoop

I remember reading that he has been carrying a knock/injury for a while and MW and the coaches have been trying to work around that. That is likely to explain some of the apparent "commitment" issues he has been accused of by some. Now whether he should be playing instead of someone who is fitter (if we actually have someone fitter that is) is a decision for MW and the player, but probably says more about his willingness to play and what MW thinks of the additional threat he has over the other options, that he keeps playing.

Never knowingly understood

Bye bye Bright on 15:30 - Jan 1 with 6133 viewsfrancisbowles

Teams seem to find a bit more space in the higher division and with his pace that could be a very big asset.

I think he will go where the best salary is and, if West Ham or Palace want him, he may well end up staying in London.
Bye bye Bright on 15:40 - Jan 1 with 6085 viewsPinnerPaul

Bye bye Bright on 15:22 - Jan 1 by danehoop

I remember reading that he has been carrying a knock/injury for a while and MW and the coaches have been trying to work around that. That is likely to explain some of the apparent "commitment" issues he has been accused of by some. Now whether he should be playing instead of someone who is fitter (if we actually have someone fitter that is) is a decision for MW and the player, but probably says more about his willingness to play and what MW thinks of the additional threat he has over the other options, that he keeps playing.

Not sure an 'injury niggle' would prevent him joining in a team talk or celebrating a goal with his team mates?
Bye bye Bright on 15:53 - Jan 1 with 6025 viewsbakerloo8

Overall I think BOS has been poor by his own standards this season. Seems to be playing with the handbrake on for some reason.
Have had sporadic bursts from him though and hopefully these moments are enough to make a decent club offer a fair bit for him (if hes not willing to stay)
Bye bye Bright on 16:15 - Jan 1 with 5932 viewsWadR

Bye bye Bright on 15:12 - Jan 1 by PinnerPaul

I've been through this umpteen times mate - NOT talking about ability, decision making, quality of players he is up against.

V Norwich - not only ankle tapped their player in their half to prevent an attack, but also earned a deserved caution for a crunching tackle after sprinting 30 yards to get there.

V Wycombe - literally jogged 5 yards behind their goalscorer for 50 yards before giving up.

v Stoke - Only player not to join in team chat with MW when there was an injury

v Wycombe - Looked liked we had conceded when we scored.

Numerous other examples - for me the Norwich booking/tackle was the biggest contrast - has barely made a challenge in previous games - let alone one like that!

Sorry, yeah by no means directed at you specifically. And the second part of my post re: his battling with Rico Henry was a response to Gazza's post in this thread.

re: Wycombe one, I watched the highlights to refresh my memory and think you're being harsh. When Mehmeti (sp?) receives the ball 30 yards out from goal, Bright's maybe 3 yards behind him. If Bright sprints back, he'll likely trip Mehmeti from behind. Their no.17 is completely wide left and Bright jogs back notionally to track him. I agree it's a bit lazy, sloppy defending. But it's not limited to him. Why does Cameron come out of DM to press, gets stuck in no mans land, allowing Mehmeti the space to turn and run at goal? Why does Kane not close him down quicker?

Just before their equaliser in the above highlights, at 1.38, Bright wins a 50/50 tackle v Wheeler. Wheeler proceeds to jog back, and eventually walk back towards his own goal. No busting a gut to double up on Bright here either. But I wouldn't call Wheeler lazy or say he doesn't play at 100%.

No one really celebrates the Wycombe goal, Chair has his head down and just starts walking back to half way. It's hardly the goal or scenario to warrant wild celebrations!

Would also Bright looks upset, hands on head when the Wycombe equaliser goes in.

Fair enough on the Stoke one.

He missed one game in the summer when it looked like his move to Belgium would go through but then was back in the side for the last few games. He didn't have to do that. Likewise in the summer with all the speculation, he started the season excellently with some good performances against Forest/Boro/Coventry. He could've potentially gone on strike, forced a move, but he didn't.
Bye bye Bright on 16:18 - Jan 1 with 5913 viewsbosh67

I think a lot of the reason behind his lack of consistency and concentration this season is simply based around the uncertainty of his future. He’s still a young player not being very well advised. Uncertainty is then what’s been translated into his performances. I think it’s as simple as that.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Bye bye Bright on 16:32 - Jan 1 with 5845 viewsYokelR

Think he'll either go to the SPL where he'll play 4 or 5 competitive games a season bar an early exit from the CL or bottom half of PL where he'll warm the bench.

Sure he'll be on a good wedge which will suit his agent as well, another SWP.
Bye bye Bright on 16:41 - Jan 1 with 5808 viewsjohncharles

I've never been totally convinced by him shows great proumise and has loads of pace but hasn't matured at all since last season.
he may or not turn out to be a good player. I happy to let someone else find out

Strong and stable my arse.

Bye bye Bright on 17:08 - Jan 1 with 5707 viewsPinnerPaul

Bye bye Bright on 16:15 - Jan 1 by WadR

Sorry, yeah by no means directed at you specifically. And the second part of my post re: his battling with Rico Henry was a response to Gazza's post in this thread.

re: Wycombe one, I watched the highlights to refresh my memory and think you're being harsh. When Mehmeti (sp?) receives the ball 30 yards out from goal, Bright's maybe 3 yards behind him. If Bright sprints back, he'll likely trip Mehmeti from behind. Their no.17 is completely wide left and Bright jogs back notionally to track him. I agree it's a bit lazy, sloppy defending. But it's not limited to him. Why does Cameron come out of DM to press, gets stuck in no mans land, allowing Mehmeti the space to turn and run at goal? Why does Kane not close him down quicker?

Just before their equaliser in the above highlights, at 1.38, Bright wins a 50/50 tackle v Wheeler. Wheeler proceeds to jog back, and eventually walk back towards his own goal. No busting a gut to double up on Bright here either. But I wouldn't call Wheeler lazy or say he doesn't play at 100%.

No one really celebrates the Wycombe goal, Chair has his head down and just starts walking back to half way. It's hardly the goal or scenario to warrant wild celebrations!

Would also Bright looks upset, hands on head when the Wycombe equaliser goes in.

Fair enough on the Stoke one.

He missed one game in the summer when it looked like his move to Belgium would go through but then was back in the side for the last few games. He didn't have to do that. Likewise in the summer with all the speculation, he started the season excellently with some good performances against Forest/Boro/Coventry. He could've potentially gone on strike, forced a move, but he didn't.

Firstly no need to apologise for a having a different view - happens all the time!

Take your point on the examples - they can all be viewed differently depending on point of view I guess - to me - until the Norwich game - looked like he was playing at 3/4 effort/pace/commitment - call it what you will - but accept others don't see it that way.
Bye bye Bright on 17:24 - Jan 1 with 5635 viewsMatch82

Bye bye Bright on 13:46 - Jan 1 by gazza1

He has one of the main attributes needed, ie pace, but he lacks the necessary close ball skills to be a success in the Premier. His close ball control is very limited, he takes the wrong option frequently and is inconsistent I have not seen him 'roast' a decent LB yet. He got nothing from the Brentford LB who is a decent player.

He may go to a lower Premier team but he will struggle. We will see.......

Saying that, I do like him in our side and should start every week.
[Post edited 1 Jan 2021 13:47]

More than speed I think it's his strength that stands out for me. I can't remwm remember the last time I saw a wi ger bully defenders off the ball like he does, very impressive. Add that to his speed and he has so much of a high ceiling if he can sort his decision making out (and perhaps some of that will come of him trusting better players more than his current team mates). I would have thought that upside would be enough for a prem team to take a punt on
Bye bye Bright on 19:37 - Jan 1 with 5276 viewsslmrstid

Appreciate its paper talk, but Stoke Sentinel linking them with a move for BOS.

If he ended up there it'd be almost identical to the Manning move- sideways move for the sake of money.

(Accept both Stoke & Swansea are clearly better than us this year, but it'd hardly be an upwards move for career progression)

https://www.stokesentinel.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stoke-qpr-transfer-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024