Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Shodipo’s on fire 17:02 - Jan 2 with 10707 viewsHastings_Hoops

Seems to be having a great loan spell at Oxford. A bit of confidence abs hopefully a BOS replacement already in the ranks. Under contract until 2022.
Shodipo’s on fire on 17:05 - Jan 2 with 4393 viewsdistortR

confidence, eh? We'll soon knock that out of him.....
Shodipo’s on fire on 17:40 - Jan 2 with 4197 viewsgazza1

Found his level , for the time being. Lets hope Oxford offer us a deal for him.
Shodipo’s on fire on 18:13 - Jan 2 with 4098 viewsHastings_Hoops

Shodipo’s on fire on 17:40 - Jan 2 by gazza1

Found his level , for the time being. Lets hope Oxford offer us a deal for him.

Not sure about that. Don’t think he really had opportunity last season post lock down. The odd cameo in a failing team.
Shodipo’s on fire on 18:32 - Jan 2 with 4007 viewsDavieQPR

Up until today Oxford fans were calling for him to be sent back. So not such a great loan spell until today.
Shodipo’s on fire on 18:44 - Jan 2 with 3970 viewskarl

I always thought we had better balance when he played in the games after lock down, he would go quiet for too many spells though and drift out of a game. At this moment the team is needing character and I'm not sure he would thrive, probably best leaving him to get game time at Oxford unless we get some surprises in on loan?
Shodipo’s on fire on 18:52 - Jan 2 with 3921 viewsGloucs_R

He's a league 1 player, let's be honest. We need a lot better than him to turn our season around.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Shodipo’s on fire on 18:56 - Jan 2 with 3909 viewsWestbourneR

Don't agree, think he's a good Championship player.

People forget he was pretty much our star player, or one of, under JFH. Vision, skills, assists, goals.

If he can get his fitness he'll be very very handy back here.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Shodipo’s on fire on 19:04 - Jan 2 with 3877 viewsGloucs_R

Shodipo’s on fire on 18:56 - Jan 2 by WestbourneR

Don't agree, think he's a good Championship player.

People forget he was pretty much our star player, or one of, under JFH. Vision, skills, assists, goals.

If he can get his fitness he'll be very very handy back here.

Never seen anything close to him being a "good" championship player.

Login to get fewer ads

Shodipo’s on fire on 19:06 - Jan 2 with 3866 viewsNorthernr

Shodipo’s on fire on 19:04 - Jan 2 by Gloucs_R

Never seen anything close to him being a "good" championship player.

That’s harsh. Under JFH he looked v useful indeed.

He’ll be back if Bright goes. Jury out on whether he’s just found his level or benefitting from finally staying injury free for a period of time.
Shodipo’s on fire on 19:26 - Jan 2 with 3786 viewsGloucs_R

Shodipo’s on fire on 19:06 - Jan 2 by Northernr

That’s harsh. Under JFH he looked v useful indeed.

He’ll be back if Bright goes. Jury out on whether he’s just found his level or benefitting from finally staying injury free for a period of time.

I'll be very happy if I'm proved wrong. I had him in the same category as Oteh and Kakay. Been proved wrong with one of those already.... So who knows.

but if it was a case of releasing him in the summer or giving him another contract it would most definitely be the former.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2021 19:27]

Shodipo’s on fire on 19:51 - Jan 2 with 3687 viewsrsonist

As with Hamalainen, sooner or later people are going to have to decide on wanting something more realistic than the club having perfect clairvoyance as to how and when a player will develop.

These aren't millstone contracts weighing us down or squad bloat stymieing younger prospects. If we think we see something there, keep them on, give them a spin or loan them out, promote or sell them downstream eventually - you only really balls up if they're so useless they're not fit for any sort of career. It might all be new to us but high turnover is a commonplace elsewhere.
Shodipo’s on fire on 20:01 - Jan 2 with 3639 viewsMyke

Shodipo will be a very good Championship player if he can stay injury free, either for us or somebody else. I hope he comes back in January. I love his direct style and can deliver a great final ball, something Dykes has been crying out for.
My two concerns would be that (A) He wouldn't fit into a wing-back system, which seems to be the way forward for the moment - not experienced enough to play as an auxiliary striker, like BOS
(B) In a flat back four, would he track back to help out Niko? That was his major short-coming previously
But with 20 mins to go, he could be much more of a game changer than what we currently have on the bench
[Post edited 2 Jan 2021 22:28]
Shodipo’s on fire on 20:19 - Jan 2 with 3569 viewspaulparker

Don’t worry by next season we will be league one so I’m sure him and smyth will get some minutes

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Shodipo’s on fire on 22:13 - Jan 2 with 3406 viewsDubaiR

Not sure on that. I work with a season ticket holder and raves about him. 7 in 15 suggests even if playing badly fans would like him.
Shodipo’s on fire on 22:30 - Jan 2 with 3364 viewsMyke

Shodipo’s on fire on 20:19 - Jan 2 by paulparker

Don’t worry by next season we will be league one so I’m sure him and smyth will get some minutes

It's a relief to see that the New Year hasn't changed the same old negativity
Shodipo’s on fire on 22:46 - Jan 2 with 3332 viewsted_hendrix

Two well taken goals--especially the first.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Shodipo’s on fire on 17:37 - Jan 3 with 2947 viewsBrianWilson

He seems to be doing well. I think we will look to sell him to a lge 1 club rather than him getting another chance here.

Just a hunch.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 17:37]

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Shodipo’s on fire on 17:41 - Jan 3 with 2924 viewsNorthLondonR

Shodipo’s on fire on 22:46 - Jan 2 by ted_hendrix

Two well taken goals--especially the first.

Two brilliant finishes and playing with a smile on his face.

We'll quickly gloss over the absolute howler from a yard out!! But hopefully this spell invigorates him and he comes back firing...
Shodipo’s on fire on 18:06 - Jan 3 with 2853 viewsBoston

Shodipo’s on fire on 22:13 - Jan 2 by DubaiR

Not sure on that. I work with a season ticket holder and raves about him. 7 in 15 suggests even if playing badly fans would like him.

Good to read that, I was under the impression he was doing fairly well with them.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Shodipo’s on fire on 18:12 - Jan 3 with 2837 viewsGloucs_R

Shodipo’s on fire on 17:37 - Jan 3 by BrianWilson

He seems to be doing well. I think we will look to sell him to a lge 1 club rather than him getting another chance here.

Just a hunch.
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 17:37]

I'm not convinced you're find many league one clubs spending any money on transfers for the foreseeable future.

Shodipo’s on fire on 18:25 - Jan 3 with 2814 viewsderbyhoop

Shodipo’s on fire on 18:12 - Jan 3 by Gloucs_R

I'm not convinced you're find many league one clubs spending any money on transfers for the foreseeable future.

Many? Or any?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Shodipo’s on fire on 18:32 - Jan 3 with 2788 viewsGloucs_R

Shodipo’s on fire on 18:25 - Jan 3 by derbyhoop

Many? Or any?

Sunderland, Pompey, Hull and Ipswich, maybe?

Shodipo’s on fire on 18:49 - Jan 3 with 2761 viewsBrianWilson

Shodipo’s on fire on 18:12 - Jan 3 by Gloucs_R

Honestly, I don't think we would look for much. Maybe up to 100k and then lots of add-ons.

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Shodipo’s on fire on 18:51 - Jan 3 with 2756 viewsdachiltern

Scored twice yesterday but the hat trick - Dean Coney & Pompey anyone.?
Shodipo’s on fire on 19:07 - Jan 3 with 2718 viewsGloucs_R

Shodipo’s on fire on 18:49 - Jan 3 by BrianWilson

Honestly, I don't think we would look for much. Maybe up to 100k and then lots of add-ons.

Not a lot is it. What do you think his salary would be here, £2.5k a week plus incentives?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024