Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dieng and Chair 18:16 - Jan 3 with 6239 viewsGloucs_R

Two players who have been linked with moves away in

Dave Mc hinted earlier in the season that chair was attracting some interest and I could see Leeds making a move Dieng.

Would seem weird if we then let Lumley go to Donny for free.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Dieng and Chair on 18:20 - Jan 3 with 4511 viewssilverbirch

Would seem stranger to put lumley in goal
Dieng and Chair on 18:32 - Jan 3 with 4417 viewsLazyFan

Dieng could maybe make it to the Prem, Chair holds the ball for too long and wants too much time on it. He is a Champ player but I am not sure a Prem one.

Dieng is on a 4-year contract though so that will be Eze monies, please!

zzzzzzzzzz

Dieng and Chair on 18:42 - Jan 3 with 4378 viewsGloucs_R

Dieng and Chair on 18:32 - Jan 3 by LazyFan

Dieng could maybe make it to the Prem, Chair holds the ball for too long and wants too much time on it. He is a Champ player but I am not sure a Prem one.

Hard to price him isn't it? Half a season with us, huge potential and could easily be a back up keeper for a lower prem team.

Chair, if BOS goes.... Is that the catalyst for him? Once again, hard to price up. £4-5m plus add ons?
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 18:47]

Dieng and Chair on 18:51 - Jan 3 with 4331 viewstraininvain

Probably right at the moment but only time will tell if Chair can make the step up to the Premiership.

People were unsure about Eze after 50 odd games. Wait until Chair has 100-150 games under his belt in the Championship.
Dieng and Chair on 18:53 - Jan 3 with 4312 viewsdachiltern

Allowing for our position and unless we have better why let them go?
Dieng and Chair on 19:04 - Jan 3 with 4265 viewsGloucs_R

Dieng and Chair on 18:53 - Jan 3 by dachiltern

Allowing for our position and unless we have better why let them go?

Dieng, simply that a better offer comes in from a team higher up?

Chair, no idea if he's settled but with Eze and possibly BOS going..... An agent in his ear, who knows.

However, whatever their reasons, if indeed they do have any and this isn't just fabricated clickbait... Our model is to sell at a profit.

Would you take £5m for Chair or Dieng?

Dieng and Chair on 19:18 - Jan 3 with 4216 viewsThGrimRanger

arguably our 2 best players, who are both improving/developing - lets hope it's bollocks because we'll need them both if we're going to stay up.

TheGrimRanger

Dieng and Chair on 20:03 - Jan 3 with 4055 viewsLowerloftLad

both have four year contracts dont they ??

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Login to get fewer ads

Dieng and Chair on 20:15 - Jan 3 with 3995 viewsgazza1

Both have started their careers quite well but are still developing......not sure either are ready for Premiership football. They need games to keep improving and they wont get that at a Premier side.
Dieng and Chair on 20:15 - Jan 3 with 4006 viewsGloucs_R

Dieng and Chair on 20:03 - Jan 3 by LowerloftLad

both have four year contracts dont they ??

Dieng, yes, Chair until 2023
[Post edited 3 Jan 2021 20:17]

Dieng and Chair on 20:44 - Jan 3 with 3889 viewsMalintabuk

Agree with most that as been said
There are a lot of good keepers in the Premier so be difficult to see where a bid would come from with Dieng.
Chair just can't see even a struggling club putting in a bid. Struggling clubs need the finished article.... and even though he does have potential IMO at the moment he is not good enough. Unlike Eze he does not win us games or influences games enough
The only down side is the clubs know we are a struggling side and may be after some potential which these both have but at basement prices
Dieng and Chair on 19:41 - Jan 4 with 3242 viewsToast_R

Not sure being a backup.keeper anywhere is good for development. Looks promising but to chuck away first team football would be madness. Look at Smithies
Dieng and Chair on 19:46 - Jan 4 with 3214 viewsGloucs_R

Dieng and Chair on 19:41 - Jan 4 by Toast_R

Not sure being a backup.keeper anywhere is good for development. Looks promising but to chuck away first team football would be madness. Look at Smithies

I understand what you mean but....Get paid £5k or £20k a week....

Dieng and Chair on 19:49 - Jan 4 with 3197 viewsNorthernr

Are we not getting a bit carried away at usual Sht at the wall transfer speculation?
Dieng and Chair on 20:06 - Jan 4 with 3116 viewsMyke

Dieng and Chair on 19:49 - Jan 4 by Northernr

Are we not getting a bit carried away at usual Sht at the wall transfer speculation?

Probably, but you know after having played what felt like ten games in a fortnight we now haven't played for 'ages'!
Dieng and Chair on 21:32 - Jan 4 with 2997 viewsGloucs_R

Dieng and Chair on 19:49 - Jan 4 by Northernr

Yes, but it's Jan.... Most of us are bored, frustrated and it gives us something to talk about.

It's either that or Jordan Rhodes and BOS going to Turkey

Dieng and Chair on 21:38 - Jan 4 with 2958 viewsdachiltern

Dieng and Chair on 19:04 - Jan 3 by Gloucs_R

Dieng, simply that a better offer comes in from a team higher up?

Chair, no idea if he's settled but with Eze and possibly BOS going..... An agent in his ear, who knows.

However, whatever their reasons, if indeed they do have any and this isn't just fabricated clickbait... Our model is to sell at a profit.

Would you take £5m for Chair or Dieng?

Would you rather have your no.1 keeper sold?

As for Chair, again and would you rather have someone who has no idea about our system, the way we play, what is required, etc, etc.

Just asking.
Dieng and Chair on 21:50 - Jan 4 with 2935 viewsGloucs_R

Dieng and Chair on 21:38 - Jan 4 by dachiltern

Would you rather have your no.1 keeper sold?

As for Chair, again and would you rather have someone who has no idea about our system, the way we play, what is required, etc, etc.

Just asking.

No. I think Dieng looks quality and will go on to be a great keeper. But if a large offer comes in for him, from a premiership team, then it would be unfair to turn that down both for his career and for the potential revenue.

I like Chair, we've not seen the best of him yet. I think he's been wasted out on the wing. Another season and I think he'll be a completely different player.

Still think we need to bring in 3/4 and not get rid of our better players.

Dieng and Chair on 22:01 - Jan 4 with 2880 viewsdachiltern

Agree we need players but Dieng is five minutes in the first team and what team would make a daft offer that would encourage the board to say ok on you go mate,
Dieng and Chair on 08:29 - Jan 5 with 2632 viewsNorthantsHoop

Who knows with Dieng, he might be sold if a decent offer is received. For a keeper making good progress and displays in a struggling side then an attractive proposition.
For Chair, he has skill and ability, but yet to impose himself on games, tends to miss golden scoring opportunities. Not sure Prem clubs will see him as a game changer at the moment, but he is developing and for me is a good standard Championship player.
Dieng and Chair on 09:07 - Jan 5 with 2563 viewsnix

Dieng and Chair on 21:50 - Jan 4 by Gloucs_R

No. I think Dieng looks quality and will go on to be a great keeper. But if a large offer comes in for him, from a premiership team, then it would be unfair to turn that down both for his career and for the potential revenue.

I like Chair, we've not seen the best of him yet. I think he's been wasted out on the wing. Another season and I think he'll be a completely different player.

Still think we need to bring in 3/4 and not get rid of our better players.

What would you say is a large offer though? I can't imagine anyone offering more than £3 million for a player who'd likely be on the bench and isn't proven in the Prem. Also goalies don't command such high fees. Unless Barnes is anywhere near as good as Dieng I don't think I'd take the risk. Dieng has rescued us a number of times this season and I really wouldn't want to see Lumley or Kelly back between the sticks.
Dieng and Chair on 09:11 - Jan 5 with 2545 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Dieng and Chair on 09:07 - Jan 5 by nix

What would you say is a large offer though? I can't imagine anyone offering more than £3 million for a player who'd likely be on the bench and isn't proven in the Prem. Also goalies don't command such high fees. Unless Barnes is anywhere near as good as Dieng I don't think I'd take the risk. Dieng has rescued us a number of times this season and I really wouldn't want to see Lumley or Kelly back between the sticks.

Put this in the wrong thread:

A Leeds mate of mine, who’d never previously heard of Dieng before this morning is adamant he’s in talks with them.
Dieng and Chair on 10:10 - Jan 5 with 2435 viewsrobith

Dieng and Chair on 09:11 - Jan 5 by BazzaInTheLoft

Put this in the wrong thread:

A Leeds mate of mine, who’d never previously heard of Dieng before this morning is adamant he’s in talks with them.

Wouldn't surprise me, Meslier is dreadful
Dieng and Chair on 10:30 - Jan 5 with 2391 viewsGloucs_R

Dieng and Chair on 09:07 - Jan 5 by nix

Depends on what our finances currently look like and what type of funds we have to strengthen the current squad. Let's be honest we desperately need a few new players in order to remain in this division. Whether we receive anything for bos is now now doubtful. So the money needs to come from somewhere.

If we receive anywhere near 5 million for him then I think we would seriously need to consider it (based on our current finances) Although I do believe could be worth a lot more than that in the future and he's the best keeper we have had since Smithies.

Kelly going to Well
Dieng linked with Prem clubs
Lumley rumored to be back in contract negotiations

All very interesting.

Dieng and Chair on 10:32 - Jan 5 with 2382 viewsWegerles_Stairs

If Dieng is leaving and Lumley is coming back, we're as good as down.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024