Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sport under new lockdown 20:33 - Jan 4 with 3853 viewsBlackCrowe

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Sport under new lockdown on 21:19 - Jan 4 with 3089 viewsstowmarketrange

I was going to book up to go to South Africa for the lions tour in July but you’d have to be mad to pay up front for something that is only 50/50 if we’d be allowed to go.
I’m even worried about the Ashes next December now.
Sport under new lockdown on 22:45 - Jan 4 with 2910 viewsThe_Beast1976

Sport under new lockdown on 21:19 - Jan 4 by stowmarketrange

I was going to book up to go to South Africa for the lions tour in July but you’d have to be mad to pay up front for something that is only 50/50 if we’d be allowed to go.

I'd put the Lions at less than 25% of happening now (certainly with crowds anyway), and the ashes at 50/50 (perhaps less than that if you're including England fans bejng allowed to travel. I'm planning to do the full tour again, but in the circumstances won't be booking anything until the Summer).
Sport under new lockdown on 22:58 - Jan 4 with 2870 viewskensalriser

It's hard to see any mass events taking place next summer, unless somehow the capacity for both producing and administering vaccines radically increases in the next few months.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Sport under new lockdown on 23:46 - Jan 4 with 2806 viewsstowmarketrange

Sport under new lockdown on 22:58 - Jan 4 by kensalriser

It's hard to see any mass events taking place next summer, unless somehow the capacity for both producing and administering vaccines radically increases in the next few months.

I have tickets for 4 different gigs from September onwards.Are they going to be restricted to people who’ve had their jabs?Who knows what those people who are due to go and are also due to be vaccinated next will do if they’re told they can’t attend something they’ve paid for,and been looking forward to for months?
Sport under new lockdown on 05:45 - Jan 5 with 2642 viewsThe_Beast1976

Sport under new lockdown on 23:46 - Jan 4 by stowmarketrange

I have tickets for 4 different gigs from September onwards.Are they going to be restricted to people who’ve had their jabs?Who knows what those people who are due to go and are also due to be vaccinated next will do if they’re told they can’t attend something they’ve paid for,and been looking forward to for months?

There could be riots here if that happens. I think this is the last 'lockdown' they'll get away with before the majority (as oppsed to the current minority) start brazenly disobeying rules/orders, and there will be riots if the authorities intervene again to try to stop that disobedience. Whilst I accept there is a virus which has serious consequences for a minority, I am now also of the the view that there is something else at play at the same time. The actions simply don't match the stats.

Anyway, let's hope it doesn't come to that. Time will tell I guess
Sport under new lockdown on 06:28 - Jan 5 with 2611 viewsHayesender

Sport under new lockdown on 05:45 - Jan 5 by The_Beast1976

There could be riots here if that happens. I think this is the last 'lockdown' they'll get away with before the majority (as oppsed to the current minority) start brazenly disobeying rules/orders, and there will be riots if the authorities intervene again to try to stop that disobedience. Whilst I accept there is a virus which has serious consequences for a minority, I am now also of the the view that there is something else at play at the same time. The actions simply don't match the stats.

The great reset. Google it and make your own mind up

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Sport under new lockdown on 06:33 - Jan 5 with 2610 viewsThe_Beast1976

Sport under new lockdown on 06:28 - Jan 5 by Hayesender

Yes, I know all about it. Last summer I thought it was probably nonsense. Unfortunately, now I do not.
Sport under new lockdown on 06:39 - Jan 5 with 2601 viewsThe_Beast1976

Sport under new lockdown on 06:28 - Jan 5 by Hayesender

https://www.weforum.org/great-reset/
Login to get fewer ads

Sport under new lockdown on 07:05 - Jan 5 with 2572 viewstraininvain

Sport under new lockdown on 05:45 - Jan 5 by The_Beast1976

Fortunately most people seem to recognise the gravity of the situation with hospitals at breaking point: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/lockdown-boris-j

I do understand the frustration as we all want to get back to normal life. Hopefully this will be the last lockdown but who knows.
Sport under new lockdown on 08:38 - Jan 5 with 2433 viewsBlackCrowe

Be amazed if Lions tour goes ahead. Pretty strong chance of Ashes in Oz i reckon as most if not all of those that want the vaccine should've had it by then.

Got tickets for 3 days of Eng v India at Oval in Sept - that'll be fine inshallah.

My life is one of travel, pubs, live music and sport so it's been turned upside down but i've had a ton of that and it'll come back. It's my teenagers (16 and 19) that i feel most for - these are their golden years for parties, gigs, romance and forming enduring friendships.

Sport under new lockdown on 08:42 - Jan 5 with 2421 viewsMetallica_Hoop

I was supposed to see Epica at the Roundhouse this month, its been put back to 2022!

No fecking about there.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Sport under new lockdown on 09:14 - Jan 5 with 2365 viewspeejaybee

Sport under new lockdown on 08:42 - Jan 5 by Metallica_Hoop

I was supposed to see Epica at the Roundhouse this month, its been put back to 2022!

No fecking about there.

Hey Metallica , Did you see that Spiral is back on BBC Last Series.No more Audrey

If at first you dont succeed, pack up and f**k off home.

Sport under new lockdown on 10:01 - Jan 5 with 2286 viewsSouthCoastR

Sport under new lockdown on 06:39 - Jan 5 by The_Beast1976

https://www.weforum.org/great-reset/

Are these the lizard guys or something else?
Sport under new lockdown on 10:05 - Jan 5 with 2271 viewsMrSheen

Sport under new lockdown on 09:14 - Jan 5 by peejaybee

Hey Metallica , Did you see that Spiral is back on BBC Last Series.No more Audrey

I can confirm that Audrey is still around, but looking a bit Nosferatu these days. Binged my way to Episode 7 already, it's great.
Sport under new lockdown on 10:15 - Jan 5 with 2256 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Sport under new lockdown on 09:14 - Jan 5 by peejaybee

I did thanks but just wrapping up 'Kingdom' before I feast like one of the Zombies in it.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Sport under new lockdown on 12:30 - Jan 5 with 2120 viewsBlackCrowe

Sport under new lockdown on 21:19 - Jan 4 by stowmarketrange

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/55538729

Sport under new lockdown on 13:05 - Jan 5 with 2048 viewsHunterhoop

Sport under new lockdown on 06:33 - Jan 5 by The_Beast1976

Yes, I know all about it. Last summer I thought it was probably nonsense. Unfortunately, now I do not.

Sorry, Beast1976.

You usually make some sense, but I’m confused; forgetting what others accuse “The Great Reset” of being, what, in the wording of WEF, Prince Charles, Trudeau, etc, is actually “bad”?

To my untrained and perhaps naive eye, it simply looks like an attempt by the an independent, coordinating body of capitalism and some world leaders to “reset” rampant neoliberal capitalism to more of a global “capitalism with a conscience” approach to reduce/limit the negative impacts of rampant capitalism on mankind and the environment.

What’s bad about that?

None of these people or institutions are Marxist (far from it!) as the conspiracy theorists allege.

And none of them benefit financially from a pandemic. Most big business if suffering outside of Pharma. Certainly all the big beverage companies are, and the turnover more than most banks. And such a reset would negatively impact some large businesses (oil, tobacco, etc).

I’m sure I’ll be corrected, but from the limited things I’ve read, The Great Reset sounds quite positive and something I’m encouraged by. Do let me know if I should check whether I’m a lizard or sheep though.
Sport under new lockdown on 18:39 - Jan 5 with 1896 viewsderbyhoop

Sport under new lockdown on 23:46 - Jan 4 by stowmarketrange

We were due to go to see Dire Straits Experience in Feb. 2020
It's been postponed .......
Until April 2022
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 19:09]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Sport under new lockdown on 22:00 - Jan 5 with 1759 viewsThe_Beast1976

Sport under new lockdown on 13:05 - Jan 5 by Hunterhoop

Sorry, Beast1976.

You usually make some sense, but I’m confused; forgetting what others accuse “The Great Reset” of being, what, in the wording of WEF, Prince Charles, Trudeau, etc, is actually “bad”?

To my untrained and perhaps naive eye, it simply looks like an attempt by the an independent, coordinating body of capitalism and some world leaders to “reset” rampant neoliberal capitalism to more of a global “capitalism with a conscience” approach to reduce/limit the negative impacts of rampant capitalism on mankind and the environment.

What’s bad about that?

None of these people or institutions are Marxist (far from it!) as the conspiracy theorists allege.

And none of them benefit financially from a pandemic. Most big business if suffering outside of Pharma. Certainly all the big beverage companies are, and the turnover more than most banks. And such a reset would negatively impact some large businesses (oil, tobacco, etc).

I’m sure I’ll be corrected, but from the limited things I’ve read, The Great Reset sounds quite positive and something I’m encouraged by. Do let me know if I should check whether I’m a lizard or sheep though.

To be honest I agree with you. However, I just wish they'd tell us the truth rather than spinning some bullsh1t about caring for the lives of the elderly and clinically vulnerable. If the Great Reset is what the WEF says itvis then, like you, I actually find it quite positive
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 22:02]
Sport under new lockdown on 06:43 - Jan 6 with 1692 viewsDannyPaddox

Sport under new lockdown on 18:39 - Jan 5 by derbyhoop

We were due to go to see Dire Straits Experience in Feb. 2020
It's been postponed .......
Until April 2022
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 19:09]

I managed to get a ticket recently for the Dire Straits Experience. It was going fairly well then Reading scored in the last minute.
Sport under new lockdown on 07:10 - Jan 6 with 1673 viewsozexile

I can't travel from sydney to Canberra. There's no chance of them allowing 30,000 english fans in for the ashes in 10 months.
Sport under new lockdown on 07:32 - Jan 6 with 1666 viewstraininvain

Sport under new lockdown on 07:10 - Jan 6 by ozexile

I can't travel from sydney to Canberra. There's no chance of them allowing 30,000 english fans in for the ashes in 10 months.

A lot can change in 10 months. You only have to look back 10 months.
Sport under new lockdown on 07:40 - Jan 6 with 1663 viewsdistortR

Sport under new lockdown on 13:05 - Jan 5 by Hunterhoop

Sorry, Beast1976.

What’s bad about that?

to my eyes, it looks like the 'holes who run this place trying to make themselves look better while maintaining their control and wealth.

edit - Sorry Northern, that wasn't aimed at you
[Post edited 6 Jan 2021 7:40]
Sport under new lockdown on 07:49 - Jan 6 with 1650 viewsThe_Beast1976

Sport under new lockdown on 07:40 - Jan 6 by distortR

to my eyes, it looks like the 'holes who run this place trying to make themselves look better while maintaining their control and wealth.

edit - Sorry Northern, that wasn't aimed at you
[Post edited 6 Jan 2021 7:40]

That is also a good point. There is absolutely no chance tgat they're doing it out of consideration for the planet, just like there's no chance (in my respectful opinion) that they're taking the current extreme measures (lockdowns etc) out of consideration for the elderly and clinically vulnerable. At the end of the day, everything they do is about keeping control of the wealth and power
Sport under new lockdown on 10:00 - Jan 6 with 1601 viewsozexile

Sport under new lockdown on 07:32 - Jan 6 by traininvain

A lot can change in 10 months. You only have to look back 10 months.

Trust me, it ain't happening
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024