Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lumley 'snag' 09:45 - Jan 5 with 4582 viewsMyke

Just to muddy the waters around our crystal clear goalkeeping situation. Joe's loan move to Doncaster hits a 'snag' as we are now in talks to extend his contract - allegedly
Lumley 'snag' on 09:49 - Jan 5 with 3053 viewsMyke

Will this new 'development' impact on our hopes of signing Whiteman? I was hoping that deal would be done early to give him a chance to have a few training sessions before we play our next league game - seems less likely now
Lumley 'snag' on 10:37 - Jan 5 with 2896 viewsfrancisbowles

We were said to have offered him a new deal, which he refused, in the autumn and at the same time he lost his place to Dieng (who had just signed for four years).

Maybe, as he has been underwhelmed with offers, he has reconsidered and club would still prefer him extend his deal.
Lumley 'snag' on 10:42 - Jan 5 with 2867 viewsDannyPaddox

Could someone draw a diagram of the Lumley-Kelly-Barnes-Dieng paradigm with full annotation.
Lumley 'snag' on 10:49 - Jan 5 with 2828 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Lumley 'snag' on 10:42 - Jan 5 by DannyPaddox

Could someone draw a diagram of the Lumley-Kelly-Barnes-Dieng paradigm with full annotation.

Actual chuckles. Lots of them.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Lumley 'snag' on 10:51 - Jan 5 with 2806 viewsNorthernr

Can we repurpose Disco's Conor Washington graph?
Lumley 'snag' on 11:24 - Jan 5 with 2704 viewsTacticalR

If we sell off all/loan out our other keepers and Barnes gets injured, then is it Barbet in goal?

Air hostess clique

Lumley 'snag' on 11:24 - Jan 5 with 2702 viewsMyke

It's actually very simple: We have four senior goalkeepers on our books - but none of them might actually be available for our next game. C'mon guys, this is QPR - keep up!
Lumley 'snag' on 11:35 - Jan 5 with 2654 viewsEsox_Lucius

Lumley 'snag' on 11:24 - Jan 5 by TacticalR

If we sell off all/loan out our other keepers and Barnes gets injured, then is it Barbet in goal?

Way to insult Tyla Dickinson and Marcin Brzozowski

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Lumley 'snag' on 11:36 - Jan 5 with 2643 viewsstevec

Why in gods name would we offer Lumley a new deal?

The few decent players we have left are probably banging on their agents door and screaming get me out of this madhouse. The club is completely fcked up.
Lumley 'snag' on 11:42 - Jan 5 with 2612 viewsEsox_Lucius

Lumley 'snag' on 11:36 - Jan 5 by stevec

Why in gods name would we offer Lumley a new deal?

The few decent players we have left are probably banging on their agents door and screaming get me out of this madhouse. The club is completely fcked up.

Lumley was considered to be easily the best of out goalkeepers when he was making his way through the club but after the kick in the head against Villa and once the fans started on him it destroyed all that. One of the major things I hate about our fans is that they have to have a scapegoat to blame all their own ills on. Every single target of the boo boys has spent their youth becoming a good enough player to earn a professional playing contract with a team in the upper reaches of the EFL. NONE of them are shit footballers.

The grass is always greener.

Lumley 'snag' on 11:45 - Jan 5 with 2593 viewsloftus77

Lumley 'snag' on 11:24 - Jan 5 by Myke

It's actually very simple: We have four senior goalkeepers on our books - but none of them might actually be available for our next game. C'mon guys, this is QPR - keep up!

That is incredible and true.
Lumley 'snag' on 12:01 - Jan 5 with 2494 viewsstevec

Lumley 'snag' on 11:42 - Jan 5 by Esox_Lucius

Lumley was considered to be easily the best of out goalkeepers when he was making his way through the club but after the kick in the head against Villa and once the fans started on him it destroyed all that. One of the major things I hate about our fans is that they have to have a scapegoat to blame all their own ills on. Every single target of the boo boys has spent their youth becoming a good enough player to earn a professional playing contract with a team in the upper reaches of the EFL. NONE of them are shit footballers.

Nice sentiments I grant you.

The thing is most people train up for specific careers. What they find out though, if they keep making fck ups, chances are they won’t get an extended contract. Chances are they’ll be down the dole office picking up 70 quid a week. It’s that kind of world.

As such, it seems perfectly feasible that some supporters, myself included, baulk at the idea of a bloke who drops clangers on a regular basis getting a new contract on a significant salary, whilst more competent keepers are not getting the same opportunities.

Can you honestly say his first team performances warrant a new contract?
Lumley 'snag' on 12:01 - Jan 5 with 2494 viewsfrancisbowles

Absolutely right.

It's not just us though, it's other clubs as well. In fact it runs through society and is on the increase in all countries. It is something in many that they have to spout off and the digital age has amplified it as it's just so quick and easy.
Lumley 'snag' on 12:02 - Jan 5 with 2492 viewsE1Hoop

My instant reaction is why would we want to offer Lumley a new contract as he had his chance and we have moved on. But last night Southampton were bemoaning the absence of Alex McCarthy in goal and I was not sad to see him leave QPR. Perhaps, especially with goalkeepers we need to take a longer view on their development.
Lumley 'snag' on 12:08 - Jan 5 with 2459 viewsstevec

Lumley 'snag' on 12:01 - Jan 5 by francisbowles

Absolutely right.

It's not just us though, it's other clubs as well. In fact it runs through society and is on the increase in all countries. It is something in many that they have to spout off and the digital age has amplified it as it's just so quick and easy.

Well let me ask you as well, can you honestly say his first team performances warrant a new contract?
Lumley 'snag' on 12:11 - Jan 5 with 2440 viewsfrancisbowles

Lumley 'snag' on 12:01 - Jan 5 by stevec

Nice sentiments I grant you.

The thing is most people train up for specific careers. What they find out though, if they keep making fck ups, chances are they won’t get an extended contract. Chances are they’ll be down the dole office picking up 70 quid a week. It’s that kind of world.

As such, it seems perfectly feasible that some supporters, myself included, baulk at the idea of a bloke who drops clangers on a regular basis getting a new contract on a significant salary, whilst more competent keepers are not getting the same opportunities.

Can you honestly say his first team performances warrant a new contract?

From the club's pov, he signs contract extension already on the table (more or less) or he leaves for nothing in the summer.

I think they would prefer him to sign and then try and get him back to the level he showed in his earlier years and try and develop him further. It's still possible for him to recover. Ingram seems to have made a fair go of it since leaving us
Lumley 'snag' on 12:11 - Jan 5 with 2441 viewsridethewave

Lumley 'snag' on 12:02 - Jan 5 by E1Hoop

My instant reaction is why would we want to offer Lumley a new contract as he had his chance and we have moved on. But last night Southampton were bemoaning the absence of Alex McCarthy in goal and I was not sad to see him leave QPR. Perhaps, especially with goalkeepers we need to take a longer view on their development.

Let’s be realistically blunt on this - if Lumley was in goal now and on the same form he’s shown through the majority of his time as starting keeper, we would likely be in the relegation zone. Dieng has been outstanding in my opinion, and far from looking like a developing keeper looks already well-established beyond his experience. It would be real regression to offer Lumley a new deal in my opinion. He’s had an extended chance in the team and proven not up to the level.
Lumley 'snag' on 12:22 - Jan 5 with 2372 viewsMedwayR

This could just be playing the game to get Doncaster the firm up their interest in him.

No way should we be offering him an extension though, he's not good enough unless we're planning on playing in League 1 which is his level.

Poll: Who’s better?

Lumley 'snag' on 12:23 - Jan 5 with 2365 viewsstevec

Lumley 'snag' on 12:11 - Jan 5 by francisbowles

From the club's pov, he signs contract extension already on the table (more or less) or he leaves for nothing in the summer.

I think they would prefer him to sign and then try and get him back to the level he showed in his earlier years and try and develop him further. It's still possible for him to recover. Ingram seems to have made a fair go of it since leaving us

He gets called out by other professional keepers, in one case, pointing out something what had been blindingly obvious seemed to lead to Dieng finally getting his chance.

Coincidence you could say but what is most frightening is that no one at the club had either cottoned on to the issue or, far more disturbing, didn’t even feel the need to change things. This club is a mess.
Lumley 'snag' on 12:24 - Jan 5 with 2354 viewstoboboly

Lumley 'snag' on 12:11 - Jan 5 by ridethewave

Let’s be realistically blunt on this - if Lumley was in goal now and on the same form he’s shown through the majority of his time as starting keeper, we would likely be in the relegation zone. Dieng has been outstanding in my opinion, and far from looking like a developing keeper looks already well-established beyond his experience. It would be real regression to offer Lumley a new deal in my opinion. He’s had an extended chance in the team and proven not up to the level.

The other way of looking at it is Lumley is FAR better than Barnes if we sold Dieng.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Lumley 'snag' on 12:40 - Jan 5 with 2285 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This.

Or at the very least, sometimes it just doesn't work out for reasons unknown.

At this club, and i'm sure at others but it feels amplified in ours, any player who dares to make mistakes or not fulfil some unspecified and seemingly un justified standard doesn't just get criticism, but a huge and disproportionate digital kicking that doesn't do anyone, least of all the footballers, any favours.
Lumley 'snag' on 12:42 - Jan 5 with 2271 viewsR_from_afar

This is not aimed at Myke but one rumour about one issue and there is again talk of the whole club being a basket case...

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Lumley 'snag' on 12:44 - Jan 5 with 2259 viewsLowerloftLad

id say this is to force Doncaster arm
we can offer him more money so he may sign a new deal with us. then they may pull there finger out and make a bid.
[Post edited 5 Jan 2021 12:45]

Ohhhhhh bobby zamora

Lumley 'snag' on 13:20 - Jan 5 with 2135 viewsBrianWilson

He's better than Kelly and Barnes so why not..

"a diseased bunch of mofos if there ever was one, their beauty is so awesome that listening to them at their best is like being in some vast dream cathedral decorated with a thousand gleaming American pop culture icons." - Lester Bangs on The Beach Boys

Lumley 'snag' on 14:26 - Jan 5 with 1961 viewsLazyFan

He has also now seen the other end of the league spectrum and may not fancy it so much.

In addition, Manning his mate has gone to Swansea who are soaring high, but Manning stays on the bench and does not play. Also if they get to the Prem no doubt Manning will be loaned back out for £250K to a champ club, thus recouping his transfer fee for Swansea. Thus he can see for Manning there is no real progress, except extra wages as in the future it could be that Bristol City beckons.

Lums may think he's got a great second chance here, the potential we stay in the Champ so a Champ club, if his form changes, potential to be sold to a bigger club, can stay in London, a financially stable club not going bust like others, no change to the lifestyle in uncertain times with some extra dosh for the long term. What's not to like?

I think if we sell Dieng and loan out Kelly, he will be back in a flash even if the exact same contract is offered and Barnes becomes number 2.

If we sell Dieng, big IF.

zzzzzzzzzz

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024