Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jordy de Wijs 13:55 - Jan 9 with 27441 viewsaston_hoop

Hull centre back, Dutch, 25 years old. Anyone know much about him? Any Dutch fans know if this is a legit source rather than the Dutch version of The Sun?

https://www.vi.nl/nieuws/de-wijs-verlaat-hull-city-en-keert-terug-in-het-champio

Stuck it in a translator and it says we have signed him

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Jordy de Wijs on 14:13 - Jan 9 with 7689 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

He’s 26 (birthday yesterday )

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Jordy de Wijs on 14:28 - Jan 9 with 7602 viewsaston_hoop

Jordy de Wijs on 14:13 - Jan 9 by CliveWilsonSaid

He’s 26 (birthday yesterday )

A Birthday AND a potential move to the Rs? Do days get any better than that??

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Jordy de Wijs on 14:54 - Jan 9 with 7464 viewsHayesender

It says at the end he's been given the no 20 shirt. Do we already have a no 20?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Jordy de Wijs on 14:54 - Jan 9 with 7441 viewsrsonist

Left-sided, "no nonsense" physical type. Opinions online varying widely between dominant colossus and liability. Hull don't seem too fussed about him any more, has fallen out of favour this season possibly due to disinterest after a move was denied.

Looks an iffy one - option and not a commitment to buy at least seems the right call.
Jordy de Wijs on 16:04 - Jan 9 with 7255 viewsmakaveli1882

Jordy de Wijs on 14:54 - Jan 9 by Hayesender

It says at the end he's been given the no 20 shirt. Do we already have a no 20?

I think it means our league place.
Jordy de Wijs on 18:05 - Jan 9 with 7018 viewsPinnerR

Jordy de Wijs on 16:04 - Jan 9 by makaveli1882

I think it means our league place.

Yes, it does. My own translation from my rusty Dutch.
Jordy de Wijs on 18:08 - Jan 9 with 6986 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Our defence is finally working. Would rather the dosh be spent elsewhere.
Jordy de Wijs on 18:19 - Jan 9 with 6915 viewsHayesender

At QPR, De Wijs (son of former professional and current PSV youth coach Edwin de Wijs) ends up with the current number 20 of the Championship.

So it does, I read it wrong

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

Jordy de Wijs on 18:27 - Jan 9 with 6864 viewsTomcat75

Jordy de Wijs on 18:19 - Jan 9 by Hayesender

At QPR, De Wijs (son of former professional and current PSV youth coach Edwin de Wijs) ends up with the current number 20 of the Championship.

So it does, I read it wrong

hes a left back that can opperate at centre back in a back 3

done deal on loan
Jordy de Wijs on 20:21 - Jan 9 with 6679 viewsGloucs_R

Real mixed views on him by Hull fans.

On his day, superb but when low on confidence he falls apart. Former Dutch Under 21, good with the ball, played 71 times for Hull.

Intriguing.

Poll: Warburton, What's next?

Jordy de Wijs on 20:26 - Jan 9 with 6629 viewsNed_Kennedys

Got to be better than Niko who I think needs a loan at a League 1 team to try to toughen him up as he is way below Championship level at the moment.
Jordy de Wijs on 20:28 - Jan 9 with 6621 viewsStanisgod

Jordy de Wijs on 18:08 - Jan 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Our defence is finally working. Would rather the dosh be spent elsewhere.

Kane is working?

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Jordy de Wijs on 20:32 - Jan 9 with 6579 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Jordy de Wijs on 20:28 - Jan 9 by Stanisgod

Kane is working?

Yes. I think the criticism is over the top.
Jordy de Wijs on 20:34 - Jan 9 with 6555 viewsNed_Kennedys

Jordy de Wijs on 20:32 - Jan 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Kane and Niko have been in terrible form: have you been watching any of the recent games?
Jordy de Wijs on 20:48 - Jan 9 with 6479 viewsPhilmyRs

Come on. Our full backs have been shocking. While he’s improved slightly defensively, as an attacking weapon Kane is about as intimidating as Mathew Rose. I’ve not seen him put in one decent cross - perhaps Fulham away once upon a time an exception - since he’s been with us. Today, how many opportunities did he have to put a half decent cross in and failed to beat the first man. In the modern game full backs are so important, we cannot be satisfied with what our two have delivered this season, it’s not been good enough.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 20:52]
Jordy de Wijs on 20:57 - Jan 9 with 6392 viewsThGrimRanger

Jordy de Wijs on 20:34 - Jan 9 by Ned_Kennedys

Kane and Niko have been in terrible form: have you been watching any of the recent games?

absolutely agree - i think we're 2 fullbacks and a goal scorer away from being a mid table team.

the majority of the team are solid for this division and chair, dickie and dieng are very good players in this league. squad is a little thin mind.

TheGrimRanger

Jordy de Wijs on 20:57 - Jan 9 with 6385 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I think that Niko has been better than Kane. I think they're two entirely different cases.

As it is he's a reliable and cheap understudy tied down to a cheap long-term deal. As for the future, we don't know but he's an International already and he would be expected to improve as he hits his mid to late 20's.

Kane was bought as a first-teamer and is a worry. He lacks aggression and huger and is unlikely to develop either at his age.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Jordy de Wijs on 21:00 - Jan 9 with 6366 viewsMyke

Jordy de Wijs on 20:57 - Jan 9 by BrianMcCarthy

I think that Niko has been better than Kane. I think they're two entirely different cases.

As it is he's a reliable and cheap understudy tied down to a cheap long-term deal. As for the future, we don't know but he's an International already and he would be expected to improve as he hits his mid to late 20's.

Kane was bought as a first-teamer and is a worry. He lacks aggression and huger and is unlikely to develop either at his age.

I agree. I think Kakay and Niko are much more comparable than Kane and Niko. What I WOULD say about Kane (and I know it doesn't always seem like it) is that he has a good deal of Championship experience and that is something the squad is lacking overall.
Jordy de Wijs on 21:02 - Jan 9 with 6346 viewspaulparker

I will have a toke of what your smoking Baz
Apart from a sore head the Fulham full back will have a sore arse ( ooo her missus) from the amount of times Kane’s crosses hit the fullbacks back side
I bet Austin can’t wait to get this type of service

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Jordy de Wijs on 21:12 - Jan 9 with 6280 viewsjoolsyp

If we’re going to persist with 3 at the back could Albert play right wing-back and BOS on the left? Too attacking?
Jordy de Wijs on 21:15 - Jan 9 with 6255 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Jordy de Wijs on 20:48 - Jan 9 by PhilmyRs

Come on. Our full backs have been shocking. While he’s improved slightly defensively, as an attacking weapon Kane is about as intimidating as Mathew Rose. I’ve not seen him put in one decent cross - perhaps Fulham away once upon a time an exception - since he’s been with us. Today, how many opportunities did he have to put a half decent cross in and failed to beat the first man. In the modern game full backs are so important, we cannot be satisfied with what our two have delivered this season, it’s not been good enough.
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 20:52]

Now you mention it, I remember thinking the criticism of Matthew Rose was over the top too at the time to be honest.

Kane faced a Premiership £7m ex Monaco Holland international today, and to be honest, kept him quiet by and large. I can't think of a major error either in this game or any other. Brentford aside Haamelainen has been steady if not unspectacular.

90% of the source of anger on this forum stems from not knowing where our station currently is. When it's pointed out, some call it 'lack of ambition' or 'making do'. I call it living in reality.

There are very few Cafus plying their trade for Rochdale or Barnsley, and when there are there is no guaranteed FFP proof way of enticing them here ahead of anyone else. We was blown out by pretty average Ben Whiteman for Preston today. Preston is our level right now. The market rarely lies.

Kane is a mid to lower Championship standard full back playing for a mid to lower standard football club. One day, we might make our own Cafu, but to do that you need to tolerate the Kanes, Haamelainens, and Bidwells in the mean time. We need to make this club attractive to parents by showing them we stick by players like Haamelainen through patches of bad form (not that I think he has been worse than anyone else).
[Post edited 9 Jan 2021 21:25]
Jordy de Wijs on 22:03 - Jan 9 with 6056 viewsOldPedro

Jordy de Wijs on 21:15 - Jan 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Now you mention it, I remember thinking the criticism of Matthew Rose was over the top too at the time to be honest.

Kane faced a Premiership £7m ex Monaco Holland international today, and to be honest, kept him quiet by and large. I can't think of a major error either in this game or any other. Brentford aside Haamelainen has been steady if not unspectacular.

90% of the source of anger on this forum stems from not knowing where our station currently is. When it's pointed out, some call it 'lack of ambition' or 'making do'. I call it living in reality.

There are very few Cafus plying their trade for Rochdale or Barnsley, and when there are there is no guaranteed FFP proof way of enticing them here ahead of anyone else. We was blown out by pretty average Ben Whiteman for Preston today. Preston is our level right now. The market rarely lies.

Kane is a mid to lower Championship standard full back playing for a mid to lower standard football club. One day, we might make our own Cafu, but to do that you need to tolerate the Kanes, Haamelainens, and Bidwells in the mean time. We need to make this club attractive to parents by showing them we stick by players like Haamelainen through patches of bad form (not that I think he has been worse than anyone else).

Kane got into some good positions going forward today - unfortunately, almost every cross hit a defender

Extra mature cheddar......a simple cheese for a simple man

Jordy de Wijs on 22:05 - Jan 9 with 6045 viewsPhilmyRs

Jordy de Wijs on 21:15 - Jan 9 by BazzaInTheLoft

Matthew Rose was a centre back who I didn’t mind, but was used a few times at full back and apart from some random goal I remember against Swindon I think he was not much of an attacking outlet. Now I’ve watched a lot of football and it’s not always been pretty, how you can accept the feebleness of Kane’s crossing is beyond me. I fully agree his defending as improved and that’s a really good thing but as I keep on saying, in the modern game your full backs - even for an average Championship team - have to contribute in an attacking sense. Yes he is bereft of confidence when he gets forward but his technique when crossing just seems poor. He should be beating the first man at least a couple of times a game, he’s not doing it once. I lost count today of the amount of times we were in a promising area and then he put a poor cross in. We disagree on this, I expect better service from my right back than what we got today.
Jordy de Wijs on 22:24 - Jan 9 with 5952 viewsderbyhoop

Jordy de Wijs on 20:34 - Jan 9 by Ned_Kennedys

It's not from. Neither are very good. You can forgive Niko as it's his first season at this level. He's not done much wrong but not contributed much either. A slight downgrade on Bidwel

Kane cant defend and, consistently, hits first defender with attempted crosses. But alternatives?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Jordy de Wijs on 22:26 - Jan 9 with 5944 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Jordy de Wijs on 22:05 - Jan 9 by PhilmyRs

Matthew Rose was a centre back who I didn’t mind, but was used a few times at full back and apart from some random goal I remember against Swindon I think he was not much of an attacking outlet. Now I’ve watched a lot of football and it’s not always been pretty, how you can accept the feebleness of Kane’s crossing is beyond me. I fully agree his defending as improved and that’s a really good thing but as I keep on saying, in the modern game your full backs - even for an average Championship team - have to contribute in an attacking sense. Yes he is bereft of confidence when he gets forward but his technique when crossing just seems poor. He should be beating the first man at least a couple of times a game, he’s not doing it once. I lost count today of the amount of times we were in a promising area and then he put a poor cross in. We disagree on this, I expect better service from my right back than what we got today.

I accept it because what’s the alternative? Bollock him until he turns into Roberto Carlos?

It’s him or Kakay or no one. Now, you could make the argument that maybe Kakay should be given another go, if and when he’s fit which I think is reasonable. But you can’t demand a player into playing well.

As I mentioned, but I don’t think you noticed, he played against a Netherlands international today. For £7m and dozen Holland caps I would expect my full back to block crosses from Todd Kane.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024