Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quality of Non League 17:15 - Jan 10 with 1678 viewsTGRRRSSS

Currently watching the Marine v Spurs match - and yes I'd fancy them against us if we were playing, but it got me thinking how good is it, would you fancy a side from that kind of level to beat say SAn Marino or Andorra?

Just wondering wat a giant killing it would be in the respect of sides such as those mentioned who get to play against top level players regularly.

Marine have one international.

As I understand it they are 3 promotions from the Conference.
Quality of Non League on 17:26 - Jan 10 with 1624 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Quality of Non League on 18:28 - Jan 10 with 1455 viewsslmrstid

Jack Clarke on for Spurs. Looking as about as ineffective so far as he did for us.

Suspect he might not make it in the game.
Quality of Non League on 18:35 - Jan 10 with 1419 viewsbosh67

Jack Clarke is a kid who’s had his potential career riddled with over expectation. Cripples a lot of young players. When he played for Leeds he played like Chris Waddle. Now he just waddles like someone called Chris.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Quality of Non League on 19:59 - Jan 10 with 1272 viewsTGRRRSSS

He won't make it then will he.

I'm sure that there's a certain amount of ability in your head that determines those who make it at all, as opposed to those who fall by the wayside, despite the talent seen as a kid.
Quality of Non League on 12:04 - Jan 11 with 1002 viewsLazyFan

Jack Clarke will be one of those players who is awesome in training. Does all the skill drills, stamina is great, runs all day, beats the beep, sprints like a leopard, heart rate always super calm, puts in the top bins, scores all the pens, never loses the ball in the passing circles and so on.

But when it comes to the actual game has no tactical nous, positioning is always off and the real defenders will tell you he has the skill, but if watched carefully you can prevent him getting past you all the time. And then run him down and get the ball off him quite easily as well. Therefore he is ineffective.

What's worse is no doubt there were some players who are not as skilful in training but are really really effective in the real matches. These will probably be your Dom Ball types. Who are overlooked while he flatters to deceive.

zzzzzzzzzz

Quality of Non League on 12:20 - Jan 11 with 966 viewsslmrstid

Quality of Non League on 12:04 - Jan 11 by LazyFan

Jack Clarke will be one of those players who is awesome in training. Does all the skill drills, stamina is great, runs all day, beats the beep, sprints like a leopard, heart rate always super calm, puts in the top bins, scores all the pens, never loses the ball in the passing circles and so on.

But when it comes to the actual game has no tactical nous, positioning is always off and the real defenders will tell you he has the skill, but if watched carefully you can prevent him getting past you all the time. And then run him down and get the ball off him quite easily as well. Therefore he is ineffective.

What's worse is no doubt there were some players who are not as skilful in training but are really really effective in the real matches. These will probably be your Dom Ball types. Who are overlooked while he flatters to deceive.

In John Gregory's stint as manager he referred to some of our players of the time being like this.

"Midweek internationals" he called them. Fantastic Monday - Friday, but no good on the pitch on a Saturday.
Quality of Non League on 12:23 - Jan 11 with 951 viewsMick_S

The Marine supporters like a glass of Prosecco.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024