Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton Vans - Match Thread 10:22 - Jan 11 with 55133 viewsCFW

Never had the confidence to start a match thread, going early and hoping first time lucky!!

The obvious questions - will Charlie start? will he be used as an impact sub and can we keep a clean sheet? I really, really hope and pray that bringing him back works out for both sides. There are two Charlie Austins - the one we took on, burning desire to do well, worked very hard for the team, played on even though he was in a lot of pain and gave everything to every game. The other, unfortunately, (if you read and believe the reports) is someone who lost his desire, had his head turned, went off the rails, put on a load of timber and is not, and will never be the same man or player he was in the past. Could go either way, but I hope for both the club and his sake it goes well for him and I wish him all the very best of luck.

I am going for a 1-2 win - and after being awarded a penalty Charlie picks up the ball and gives it to Dykes who slams it into the back of the net to win us the match. They embrace and it is the start of a beautiful partnership.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 10:33 - Jan 11 with 5595 viewscolinallcars

We are the dreamers of dreams.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 10:36 - Jan 11 with 5583 viewsMelakaRanger

I originally forecast a 2 nil to Luton and a nil nil draw with Wycombe and Warbs on his way after that

Now I see a 1-2 win at Luton with Dykes and Austin Scoring

Then a 4 nil thumping of Wycombe and Warbs remaining for the rest of the season.

Future results sufficient to save us from the drop. Warbs getting a new contract ......................and the cycle of doom starting again next August as I cannot see us paying to keep Chaz
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 11:03 - Jan 11 with 5526 viewsted_hendrix

Hells bells we aint won a game for 10 games.
Lootown have lost 8 league games this season-we've lost 9, Lootown have won 8 league games this season whereas we've won a paltry bloody 4.
A draw for us tomorrow night wouldn't be a killer as such but it wouldn't be a lot of good either, stupidly it is a game we somehow have to win.
Charlie wont be the same player he was when he left us, all I can say about Charlie is he often got his shots on target of course they all didn't go in but mainly they were on target, hopefully that part of his game hasn't gone missing that and the fact he is good at his defensive work defending corners and free kicks coming into our penalty box as I posted on some other thread over the weekend.
He's always struggled to get up to speed when coming back from Injury, I was at Bournemouth when he come on after being out injured (play off season) and he wasn't at his best that afternoon.
Charlie Austin alone won't keep us up he aint gonna be no saviour but I'm delighted he's back I hope he has some sort of John Spencer impact.
Our current squad of players, the Manager and his coaching team have got us into this bloody mess It's about time 'they' pulled their fingers out and get us out of it.
Pissed off reading about us playing well but not winning and our so called bad luck, load of bolox.

The Lootown game will be tough at their place, I hope we stink the bloody place out and steal a win.

Our Manager is a dead Man walking at the moment.

Hey ho--whatever--nothing ever changes.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 11:28 - Jan 11 with 5481 viewsMyke

What a difference a year makes - we totally expected to smash them last season.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 12:38 - Jan 11 with 5415 viewsPinnerPaul

Charlie 11/2 to score 1st, same price to score last and 23/10 to score anytime.

Amazingly Bonne and Dykes are exactly the same prices.

We're the outsiders at just over 2/1
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 12:42 - Jan 11 with 5409 viewsDubaiR

I am going for a 2-1 win with Dykes getting the first, Luton pulling it back and Charlie to get the winner.

Followed by a 2-0 home win against Wycombe with Chair and Barbet getting the goals.....you heard it here first
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 13:08 - Jan 11 with 5368 viewsDannyPaddox

Charles Austin to score a hat-trick 150/1

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 13:35 - Jan 11 with 5316 viewsfrancisbowles

Charlie played 45 mins for WBA the previous weekend and therefore should be fit enough to start but maybe only for an hour as we will need him again on Saturday.

Dieng
Dickie, Cameron, Barbet
Kane, Chair, Ball, Carroll, BOS
Austin, Dykes
Login to get fewer ads

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 13:38 - Jan 11 with 5311 viewskropotkin41

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 12:42 - Jan 11 by DubaiR

I am going for a 2-1 win with Dykes getting the first, Luton pulling it back and Charlie to get the winner.

Followed by a 2-0 home win against Wycombe with Chair and Barbet getting the goals.....you heard it here first

Not doing dry January then? 😉

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 13:47 - Jan 11 with 5284 viewsDubaiR

I was impressed by Thomas when he came on at the weekend and depending on Balls fitness I would like like to see a 3 of Chair, Thomas and LTC. Small but industrious and all good ball players.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 16:04 - Jan 11 with 5148 viewsBoston

Thought we played well against Fulham, reckon it will perk ‘em up a bit. Luton 0. Rangers 1

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 16:05 - Jan 11 with 5155 viewsWegerles_Stairs

Warburton needs to avoid defeat against Luton and then beat Wycombe to keep his job. I'm more confident with Charlie on board but obviously the other deficiencies in our squad persist and won't be resolved by tomorrow. Really don't understand why Willock has been frozen out recently. We need to start this match on the front foot and get in front because we've all seen what happens if we get to half-time level. I'll be optimistic and say 2-1 to us with Charlie showing our forwards how to finish with a brace.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 17:05 - Jan 11 with 5068 viewsBoston

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 16:05 - Jan 11 by Wegerles_Stairs

Warburton needs to avoid defeat against Luton and then beat Wycombe to keep his job. I'm more confident with Charlie on board but obviously the other deficiencies in our squad persist and won't be resolved by tomorrow. Really don't understand why Willock has been frozen out recently. We need to start this match on the front foot and get in front because we've all seen what happens if we get to half-time level. I'll be optimistic and say 2-1 to us with Charlie showing our forwards how to finish with a brace.

After Wycombe y’say, but the oracle that is Tomtit 75 says he’s off if we belly up at Luton. Do keep up.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 17:16 - Jan 11 with 5060 viewsNorthernr

It would be sooooooooooooo Warburton to leave Austin on the bench, introduing him only for the final five minutes of a 3-1 defeat, and then spend the post match chatting sports science and time on the training ground
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 17:20 - Jan 11 with 5039 viewstoboboly

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 17:16 - Jan 11 by Northernr

It would be sooooooooooooo Warburton to leave Austin on the bench, introduing him only for the final five minutes of a 3-1 defeat, and then spend the post match chatting sports science and time on the training ground

Don't. Stop.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 18:02 - Jan 11 with 4991 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 17:16 - Jan 11 by Northernr

I was thinking something similar!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 18:05 - Jan 11 with 4977 viewsStanisgod

Is game on sky red button.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 18:11 - Jan 11 with 4964 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 18:05 - Jan 11 by Stanisgod

Is game on sky red button.

Doesn't look like it, nothing on the 'live football on TV website'. Get your tenners out.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 18:21 - Jan 11 with 4933 viewskropotkin41

That would be seriously annoying if we don't start Austin tomorrow night. He played 45mins against Arsenal didn't he? You'd think he could manage an hour against Luton.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 18:43 - Jan 11 with 4882 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 18:21 - Jan 11 by kropotkin41

That would be seriously annoying if we don't start Austin tomorrow night. He played 45mins against Arsenal didn't he? You'd think he could manage an hour against Luton.

There is no way Charlie is starting IMO.He did play most if not all the second half against Arsenal and had a chance to score with a snap shot and could not get up to a cross late on.Not saying he cant jump he was being held down it looked like .
The downside is pretty obvious he is not able to go from our box defending to their box shooting right now either from fitness issues or injury recovery issues .
He should spring on 10 minutes into the second half after watching how things are going then stay high and try to poach one .
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 18:44 - Jan 11 with 4880 viewsngbqpr

Luton's recent home record is seriously good. Personally I'd take a battling, confidence-building point here if I knew it would be followed up by a relatively comfortable win vs Wycombe (yeh, yeh, I know...).

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 18:48 - Jan 11 with 4862 viewskropotkin41

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 18:43 - Jan 11 by CLAREMAN1995

There is no way Charlie is starting IMO.He did play most if not all the second half against Arsenal and had a chance to score with a snap shot and could not get up to a cross late on.Not saying he cant jump he was being held down it looked like .
The downside is pretty obvious he is not able to go from our box defending to their box shooting right now either from fitness issues or injury recovery issues .
He should spring on 10 minutes into the second half after watching how things are going then stay high and try to poach one .

I expect you're right.

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 18:57 - Jan 11 with 4829 viewspaulparker

Can’t see us winning , I have a terrible feeling they will nick this 2-1

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:01 - Jan 11 with 4822 viewsjoe90

I'm cautiously optimistic, which means absolutely nothing.

If, and that's a big IF we can string two or three wins together it will change our season completely. Hopefully tomorrow is the start of that run.

2-0 QPR.
Luton Vans - Match Thread on 19:17 - Jan 11 with 4793 viewskensalriser

Luton Vans - Match Thread on 18:44 - Jan 11 by ngbqpr

Luton's recent home record is seriously good. Personally I'd take a battling, confidence-building point here if I knew it would be followed up by a relatively comfortable win vs Wycombe (yeh, yeh, I know...).

Yep, only two home losses, the second of which on Oct 31st.

They're 9 points ahead of us. It's going to be a tough game and if we do win it will be a very good result.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024