Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie is back 19:43 - Jan 12 with 3347 viewswelwynranger

Come on URRRS
Charlie is back on 21:19 - Jan 12 with 2823 viewsBlackCrowe

Have to say, he looked excellent...movement, intelligent lay offs, the works. Could rub off well on Dykes and Bonne, who both had good games.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Charlie is back on 21:54 - Jan 12 with 2733 viewsDejR_vu

Striker’s instinct. Took a step backwards through a crowd of players as they all moved forwards.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Charlie is back on 21:57 - Jan 12 with 2710 viewsCiderwithRsie

Back when Ian Botham was winning us The Ashes apparently one of his team-mates asked him "Who writes your scripts?"

It was a bit like that. Never has Clive's preview headline been more apt.
Charlie is back on 22:09 - Jan 12 with 2626 viewsDorse

If only Agyemang was still with us, then we could have had Chaz and Dave.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Charlie is back on 22:16 - Jan 12 with 2586 viewsRs_Holy

Charlie is back on 22:09 - Jan 12 by Dorse

Charlie is back on 22:20 - Jan 12 with 2547 viewsdaveB

he was magnificent. i was skeptical about him coming back but i was a lot more excited than i thought i'd be when i saw him back in the hoops at the weekend.

Much like Wells last season he looked a massive step up from what we had before, his communication through the game, his positioning and hold play was all superb. I always loved watching him at corners in his first spell, no matter how many men were marking him he always managed to find space and he did it again for his goal tonight. It looks an easy goal but he makes that goal himself with his clever movement.
Charlie is back on 23:21 - Jan 12 with 2424 viewseastside_r

Charlie is back on 22:09 - Jan 12 by Dorse

There ain’t no pleasing you.
Charlie is back on 23:25 - Jan 12 with 2411 viewsizlingtonhoop

Charlie is back on 21:54 - Jan 12 by DejR_vu

Striker’s instinct. Took a step backwards through a crowd of players as they all moved forwards.

Exactly this.
I was tryna explain this to #1 son (Gunner - rather than junior Iz) on Sunday.
Login to get fewer ads

Charlie is back on 23:40 - Jan 12 with 2361 viewstimcocking

Charlie you absolute fcuking beauty!
Charlie is back on 03:31 - Jan 13 with 2223 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Charlie is back on 22:20 - Jan 12 by daveB

he was magnificent. i was skeptical about him coming back but i was a lot more excited than i thought i'd be when i saw him back in the hoops at the weekend.

Much like Wells last season he looked a massive step up from what we had before, his communication through the game, his positioning and hold play was all superb. I always loved watching him at corners in his first spell, no matter how many men were marking him he always managed to find space and he did it again for his goal tonight. It looks an easy goal but he makes that goal himself with his clever movement.

Great post daveB I felt exactly the same but what a joy to see him head it home and celebrate like the old days.
Fair plat to MW he started him and it gave the team a great lift then having the lead its easier to grab 2 it has happened to us enough this year ,nice to turn the tables.
Looking forward to Saturday it feels like new life and energy has taken over LFW and the players too .
Charlie is back on 07:21 - Jan 13 with 2105 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Now the promotion bandwagon is back on track, which Premiership grounds are we looking forward to attending next season?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Charlie is back on 07:37 - Jan 13 with 2081 viewsThe_Beast1976

Charlie Austin. Charlie. Chaz. Chazza. Luton Town 0 - 2 Queens Park Rangers. My word.
Charlie is back on 08:15 - Jan 13 with 2001 viewsWokingR

Just come across this from our bare footed friend
Not sure if it's been posted before but I've certainly not seen it

Charlie is back on 08:25 - Jan 13 with 1967 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Said to my mate at work yesterday.

'Now we have a goalscorer we should be ok.'

Marvellous conclusion to the day.

The movement backwards for the goal was pure striker.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Charlie is back on 08:42 - Jan 13 with 1902 viewsNorthantsHoop

Charlie looks a lot fitter than he did at West Brom last season, if we can get a good 60 or 70 mins out of him, he will get goals. You could feel the confidence rise in the team, when we went one up, that is something that has been missing all season. Warburton's defensive 3 at the back has worked well, Dickie,Barbet and Cameron look a lot more comfortable.
Now need to see off Wycombe on Saturday.
Charlie is back on 08:43 - Jan 13 with 1893 viewsChrisNW6

He's a lot more experienced after working with mostly Premier league coaching set ups for 5yrs. There are so many things he brings on and off the pitch and will, hopefully be a leader in the dressing room as well. Always had a bit of arrogance and swagger about him, I am hoping he has also matured with an improved all round team game. On last nights evidence that could be the case.
Charlie is back on 08:47 - Jan 13 with 1867 viewskropotkin41

Charlie is back on 08:15 - Jan 13 by WokingR

Just come across this from our bare footed friend
Not sure if it's been posted before but I've certainly not seen it

All the people in that video! Blimey! Feels like a different world.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Charlie is back on 10:55 - Jan 13 with 1684 viewsslmrstid

I'm one of those who think the club have ridiculously over-hyped his signing, but also I couldn't help but grin maniacally at the photos coming out this morning of seeing Charlie in a QPR shirt again celebrating a goal.

Its the small things in life innit.
Charlie is back on 11:42 - Jan 13 with 1613 viewsswisscottage

Just watched the goal again.

Everyone else, and literally everyone else starts moving forward toward the ball's trajectory at the near post, and Charlie moves back and into space.

Its that ability to not get drawn into the natural instinct to move towards the ball, but away anticipating the knock on that set him apart from every other player in that penalty box.

Absolute class.
Charlie is back on 12:05 - Jan 13 with 1553 viewsMyke

Charlie is back on 11:42 - Jan 13 by swisscottage

Just watched the goal again.

Everyone else, and literally everyone else starts moving forward toward the ball's trajectory at the near post, and Charlie moves back and into space.

Its that ability to not get drawn into the natural instinct to move towards the ball, but away anticipating the knock on that set him apart from every other player in that penalty box.

Absolute class.

Only thing is, if we conceded a goal like that we would be going ballistic! No marking! So soft! Who was supposed to be picking him up? We are so sh1t at corners etc etc I wonder if we reviewed some of the goals we have conceded from corners again, more objectively, would we have to give more credit to the movement of the goalscorer?
Charlie is back on 12:10 - Jan 13 with 1528 viewsnix

Charlie is back on 12:05 - Jan 13 by Myke

Only thing is, if we conceded a goal like that we would be going ballistic! No marking! So soft! Who was supposed to be picking him up? We are so sh1t at corners etc etc I wonder if we reviewed some of the goals we have conceded from corners again, more objectively, would we have to give more credit to the movement of the goalscorer?

The Luton summariser said that it's down to zonal marking: the tendency is, according to him, to focus on the ball coming across rather than the players around you.
Charlie is back on 12:15 - Jan 13 with 1490 viewsMyke

Charlie is back on 12:10 - Jan 13 by nix

The Luton summariser said that it's down to zonal marking: the tendency is, according to him, to focus on the ball coming across rather than the players around you.

Thankfully they didn't do either!
Charlie is back on 12:40 - Jan 13 with 1423 viewsswisscottage

Charlie is back on 12:10 - Jan 13 by nix

But they didn't even do that correctly, because as every player moves towards the ball destination, they then move out of their zones .. as they left the rear half of the goal practically undefended.
Charlie is back on 13:11 - Jan 13 with 1371 viewsAshdown_Ranger

Charlie is back on 12:40 - Jan 13 by swisscottage

But they didn't even do that correctly, because as every player moves towards the ball destination, they then move out of their zones .. as they left the rear half of the goal practically undefended.

Charlie actually took 4 or 5 steps backwards away from his marker(s) and they didn't pick up on that. Crafty, intelligent bit of movement...
Charlie is back on 14:40 - Jan 13 with 1311 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Don’t know which of the Chaz thread is the most up to date so put it in the most recent:

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024