Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Luton v QPR highlights 21:36 - Jan 12 with 2248 viewsJuzzie

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/
Luton v QPR highlights on 21:38 - Jan 12 with 2229 viewsbosh67

We suddenly look like a team again!

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Luton v QPR highlights on 21:42 - Jan 12 with 2171 viewsblacky2013

Is that the easiest goal Charlie has ever scored Two steps backwards and he's free of his defender.
Luton v QPR highlights on 21:43 - Jan 12 with 2161 viewsted_hendrix

Just put this on the match thread;

Watch Charlie's goal, he's not static when the ball comes in he sneaks away from his marker and he's got all the time in the world to head it in.

One for the training ground

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Luton v QPR highlights on 21:48 - Jan 12 with 2107 viewskropotkin41

Luton v QPR highlights on 21:43 - Jan 12 by ted_hendrix

Watch Charlie's goal, he's not static when the ball comes in he sneaks away from his marker and he's got all the time in the world to head it in.

Yeah, that's all we need him to do, make a little bit of space and score apparently simple goals. If he scores, what, 8-10 by the season's end that'd be transformative.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Luton v QPR highlights on 21:48 - Jan 12 with 2101 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

They interviewed Charlie in the managers interviews on iFollow. Neither manager seemed very happy about it 😂😂😂

He said that Dickie told him he’d been making that run at corners all season!
[Post edited 12 Jan 2021 21:49]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Luton v QPR highlights on 22:24 - Jan 12 with 1856 viewsdaveB

Luton v QPR highlights on 21:42 - Jan 12 by blacky2013

Is that the easiest goal Charlie has ever scored Two steps backwards and he's free of his defender.

he does that so often, used to love watching him at corners his movement is so simple and so effective
Luton v QPR highlights on 22:30 - Jan 12 with 1825 viewsdaveB

the clever bit is him standing still when the kick is taken, you see players all running and spinning before the ball comes in he just stands still and when the ball comes in and defenders naturally move towards the ball he walks into the space. Such a clever player.

In his first spell he scored at least 10 goals from that bit of movement at corners
Luton v QPR highlights on 22:39 - Jan 12 with 1764 viewsAntti_Heinola

Luton v QPR highlights on 22:30 - Jan 12 by daveB

the clever bit is him standing still when the kick is taken, you see players all running and spinning before the ball comes in he just stands still and when the ball comes in and defenders naturally move towards the ball he walks into the space. Such a clever player.

In his first spell he scored at least 10 goals from that bit of movement at corners

his movement has always been superb, always finding space in the box, always available for a winger to find.
Be interesting to see now when BOS makes his runs to the byeline whether his end peoduct improves purely because he has someone making the right move for him.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Luton v QPR highlights on 22:44 - Jan 12 with 1742 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Luton v QPR highlights on 22:30 - Jan 12 by daveB

I can't find a clip of it, but there's a goal that Aldridge scored against Northern Ireland in (I think) a 4-0 win that I was reminded of tonight. He started off standing in front of the NI keeper for an attacking corner, then wheeled off into the goal, ran around him and popped up in front of him again to nod the ball home. Cheeky as hell, but clever like Austin.

The old adage applies to both - you make two runs: one for the defender and one for your goal.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Luton v QPR highlights on 23:02 - Jan 12 with 1648 viewsWatfordR

Here's the thing; like I've said many times before, the Championship is all about 24 shades of average.

We lost Wells, Hugill, Eze and Manning from last season's team, so we got three or four shades further below average this season. Austin brings us goals and the ability to teach Dykes and Bonne and Kelman about their livelihoods. We're now probably still a shade below average up front compared to last season, We're a shade above average compared to last season defensively with Dickie in our defence, so I'd say we can expect to finish around where we did last season.

Reduced wage bill, even in this Covid damaged season, as long as we stay up is a further small step forward I'd say. Support the general policy to control income and expenditure and make the club sustainable in the Championship and I feel it's a job well done by the board.
Luton v QPR highlights on 23:06 - Jan 12 with 1633 viewsted_hendrix

Luton v QPR highlights on 22:44 - Jan 12 by BrianMcCarthy

I can't find a clip of it, but there's a goal that Aldridge scored against Northern Ireland in (I think) a 4-0 win that I was reminded of tonight. He started off standing in front of the NI keeper for an attacking corner, then wheeled off into the goal, ran around him and popped up in front of him again to nod the ball home. Cheeky as hell, but clever like Austin.

The old adage applies to both - you make two runs: one for the defender and one for your goal.

Gonna bore you a bit now, years ago we were at home to Sunderland it was if I recall 0-0 in the dying seconds of the game and we were mostly all stood gathered at the back of the loft ready to go home.
Sunderland get a corner in front of the loft and Niall bloody Quinn walks into our penalty box pretending he's knackered puffing and blowing leaning over with his hands on his knees and I'm thinking no please don't pick him up someone please!!! guess who takes the corner yep Kevin bloody Phillips!!! No please no not now, corners taken Niall bloody Quinn has disappeared like a flash and dispatched the ball with his head into the back of our goal.

It's an art.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024